OtakuBoards

~Dragon Wing Festival~

Sakura

[size=1][color=#999999][i]Talisman suddenly stiffened and looked towards the north. A redness lay over where someone was. It seemed as though a dragon was found. Aries dug his hooves into the ground knowing that an element dragon was found. Talisman breathed in deeply and concentrated on trying to find an image on who was the one who had found this dragon.[/i]

?Can you sense it, Aries? A fire dragon has been found. He has been called. It seems as though we must find him to search for Masubi, our dragon of fire. If only I could get an image on who it was.?

[i]Talisman closed her eyes and concentrated on trying to find this person who had called for this fire dragon. Within her image, two men stood before a dragon, or was it three men. It was hard to tell. But, Talisman looked and saw that the dragon stood before them. Around them, she knew where they were.

She opened her eyes and nodded to Aries. She got onto his back and pointed to where the red cloud was and Aries flew that way.[/size][/color][/i]

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

(Before long, Jaht has Talon on the ground. He's about to move it when the mountian seems to shake)

Talon: The volcano can't be erupting [i]again[i], can it?

(The mountian shakes again)

Jaht: No. there's no volcanic activity. What's happening here isn't natural. There's only one thing that could have happened to cause this. I've seen it before, and actually helped it happen.

Talon: What's happening?

(Suddenly, Dryoga lands. The dragon had been trying to locate Chi's scent when he saw Jaht and Talon)

Dryoga: [Jaht, what's happening?]

Jaht: I brought in Anzunden, the Elelment Dragon of Fire, to battle Siene while I took care of Talon. Talon has so far been unwilling say anything. Anyways, what's happening is what happens when an Element Dragon is killed by another dragon. I distraced the old Fire dragon while Anzunden killed him and became the new Element Dragon of Fire. The same thing happening now happened then. Siene must have killed Anzunden.

Dryoga: [Then we need to leave.]

Jaht: If we leave, we lose Chi. We can't let that happen. We should have some time while Siene adapts to his new role as Element Dragon of Fire. Based on Anzunden, I'd say we have about, oh, 25 minutes.

Dryoga: [She must have entered through the opening behind you. I can smell her]

Jaht: Good. We have no time to lose. Talon, either come willingly or Dryoga will have to drag you along. (Talon climbs on Dryoga's back, and Jaht sits behind him) I still have questions, but they'll wait until Chi's safe. Until then, you're stuck with me. Dryoga, let's move. (Dryoga enters the mountian, following Chi's scent)

[COLOR=Navy]Chi shuffled slowly through the fiery mountain. Beads of sweat rolled down her cheeks as she got further in. She wiped the back of her hand to collect the droplets and continued to walk. She couldn't give up. Sideria was her best friend.

'It's all my fault Sideria was taken here. If I didn't ask her to help me to fight the raiders, she wouldn't have been part of this. It's my fault....that she's with that monster of a dragon.' Chi thought to herself.

A tear fell from her eye and rolled down her cheek before landing on the ground.

"I'll never give up." Chi said with determination.

Chi saw an end to the long tunnel and ran for it. As she entered to the other side, her face fell as she saw many caves. She groaned and she fell to the ground from exhaustion. She panted and her hair stuck to her forehead.

"I'm sorry Sideria, I didn't mean to get you involved..." Chi mumbled.

Her vision wavered from the heat before everything went black as she passed out.[/COLOR]

Kurian stood stiffly from his leaning spot, indicating gruffly towards his new companion. He was in no mood for pleasantries.

"It isn't safe here, for anyone...we have to leave."

Glancing at the small dragon by the man's side he tried hard not to let his distaste for the creature show too overtly on his features. Stumbling forward, Kurian grunted as he exerted the energy necessary for his movements, pain shooting up his damaged limbs. Attempting to surpress this pain he glanced back over his shoulder, attempting to see if Kanaye was following him.They needed to get out of this shredded village and seek help...or sanctuary at the very least. As survivors they were targets and there were likely to be more raiders on their way to search for any remaining witnesses. Clenching his teeth he thought of his home city and prayed that there had not bee a similar attack made there. The knights would put up a fight of course, but who could withstand a full scale attack made by those fiery beasts. He silently cursed the small dragon who rode with Kanaye and could little understand the man's reason for keeping the reptile with him. If it had been he he would have left it where it lay, or snuffed out it's miserable life. Either way he would not be coddling it at this moment, while licking his own festering wounds. Picking his way through the rubble and debris of the damaged streets he mumbled back towards his companion in an attempt to make conversation.

"So what's your deal fella, how'd you get into this mess?"

(Dryoga soon locates Chi, who is on the ground, unconcious. He lands beside her. Jaht gets off, but Talon stays on. Jaht walks over to Chi and examines her)

Jaht: She fainted. Looks like a combination of exhaustion and heat. We need to get her out of here. Talon, help me get her on Dryoga. (Togeather, Talon and Jaht manage to position Chi safely on Dryoga. Talon starts to climb on ryoga's back, but Jaht stops him) No. Dryoga, take her back to the city. Find a man named Branit. He'll know what to do with Chi.

(Dryoga flies off)

Talon: You'll only get yourself killed by staying here. One, this heat will get to you-and me-eventually. Two, Siene's in here. And three, I thought you didn't trust me.

Jaht: I don't intend to stay here long enough to be really affected by the heat. As for point three, out there, while we were fighting, you appeared to truly believe what you were saying, meaning that I was wrong and you're not with the raiders. And since I let Chi go, I'm not after her, right? I still think you're hiding something. but I can't worry about that now. Chi will come back unless we can show her that Sideria's dead or get Sideria out of here if she's survived by some miracle. Either way, we'll need Siene. Only Siene can bring us Sideria or, more likly, her remains. I think I can get him to do so, but you're here in case Siene says no.

Talon: How will you do that?

Jaht: Telling you would take a lot of time. You'll see how I do it when I do it. (He takes a few steps out into the large cavern) Siene! I know you can hear me! I know you don't like humans or intruders, but none of us had any choice! A dragon named Sideria was chased here, Chi followed, and I followed Chi! I'm sure you know what she carries! I came to save her! The dragon Dryoga just carried her out of this volcano, but she will return unless she knows of Sideria's fate! To learn Sideria's fate, I have to be informed by you! I knew you'd never tell me, so I went to Anzunden. I brought Anzunden here and had him engage you! I'd taken all the factors into acount, and came to the conclusion that you would win! I knew that you would kill him, thereby becomming Element Dragon of Fire yourself! In return, I ask only that you release Sideria if she still lives, or show me her remains if she is dead!

--------------------------------

OOC: Two things. FIrst, nobody but Jaht knows that what he just said is a lie. He actually thought that Anzunden would win, and is lying. Also, Jaht's tecniuque(sp?) is perfect, meaning that there is nothing to indicate that he's lying.

[SIZE=1][FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode][COLOR=teal] The power was immense, almost unbearable as it ripped through the dragon?s ancient body, completing its task even before the mighty Anzunden?s blood had cooled. Siene sat in his pool, observing with the eyes of a race older than even his vast mind could perceive.

A sense of foreboding, a curious feeling of detachment strong enough to penetrate the farthest depths of his mind, had washed over Siene. The world around him suddenly seemed distant, vague in all its petty concerns. His new perspective allowed him to view time itself although he were removed from its intangible depths, thoughts that would have ordinarily spanned minutes were drawn in a matter of seconds.

Sideria still stumbled, obviously effected my the intensities thrown from the magma, her expression blank, dazed. Torn from his musings Siene was suddenly made aware of Jaht?s presence, unable to recall how he knew the pathetic mortals name, a concept suddenly voided in the deluge of knowledge he was experiencing.

Careful to wait out the man?s demands Siene contemplated his next move, following through a year?s worth of conclusions in the passing of minutes, still a little overwhelmed he finally boomed his reply: ?Fool. Unwittingly you play into my claws, beseeching a so great a power on a creature you hardly knew.? A small part of his mind reserved in the deciphering of a thousand languages that flooded to his mind, Siene found himself spending a portion of his will in order to keep his words legible to the mortal. ?Now you enter my domain, cursing in your blasphemous tongue. Attempting to bestow your petty wants on me, one greater than the whole of your race, capable of ending all you hold so dear, your precious town.?
Siene pulled himself from the pool, collecting Sideria?s tiny form in his claws as he did so. ?Now your tongue will be held and you will listen to my demands.? He paused allowing his words to register before he continued, his voice booming through the shaking mountain. ?Sideria as you call her is alive and well. Though I cannot guarantee the stability of her psyche I can deliver her body as it was when you last saw her.? He stopped as he crossed to the entrance that should he continue would lead him to the intruders, he stopped hear, pausing to see if Jaht was foolish enough to doubt his earlier threats, he did no such thing.

A watchful eye on the passage he continued: ?Her fate will be short should you not meet my demand. You will bring to me the Dragon Ocarina as you call it. Then I will return Sideria and reside here, a sentinel for High Haven, guardian of your fair city and all the lands around it. Fail in this task and she along with your city will be forfeit, they will fall to a fresh scourge, a plague to you and all you hold dear.?
He fell silent, awaiting the intruders? response?[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

Jaht: No problem. I'll get it for you. It might take me a little while, because I have to make sure I'm not seen taking it. Give me until this time tomorrow. If I haven't returned by then, don't bother waiting, because it means I've been captured. (He turns to Talon) You'll only slow me down, Talon. Stay here, go somewhere else, I don't care, but you're not coming with me. (He walks through the caves, retracing the route he used earlier until he's out of the mountian. He looks around, as if expecting someone. Soon, he sees Abiadura. The dragon notices him and lands near him) I was wondering how long it would take for Branit to send someone to find me.

Abiadura: [Chi has arrived at the city safely.]

Jaht: I need to get to the city. Now. (He climbs onto Abiadura's back, and the dragon takes off. It isn't long before they reach High Haven. Abiadura locates Branit and lands by him. Jaht hops off) Branit, is Chi still unconcious?

Branit: Yes, but other than that, she's doing fine.

Jaht: Good. Question two: Is there a reason you can think of to have the city evacuated?

Branit: Evacuated? Why?

Jaht: Because Chi won't stop going into the mountian until Sideria's out. She is still alive, or so I'm told. To save Sideria and Chi, I have to do something very bad. How good are those fake flutes?

Branit: The only way to tell them apart from the real one is to play them. The only difference between the real one and the fakes is that nothing special happens when a fake is played, even if Chi plays it.

Jaht: Good. Do you have a spare? I lost mine earlier.

Branit: Why?

Jaht: To save Chi and Sideria. I don't think this will have a god result, although it might. Just in case, this city needs to be evacuated. The volcano's been acting up. Use that as your reason. I need to see Chi alone. After I do, take her and get the hell out of here. I can't order you or anyone else to leave, but I can advise you to. I'm going to do what I need to do no matter what.

Branit: You're sure you can save Sideria? (Jaht nods) Then take this. (He takes his fake flute and hands it to jaht, who takes it) Good luck. Chi's in that inn behind me.

Jaht: Thanks. (He runs into the inn. About a minute later he runs out and over to Branit) I have to go solo for this one. I don't even want a dragon with me. I'm going on foot. That should give you enough time to evacuate if you choose to do so. I hope that it won't be necessary, but I don't think you should take any chances. (He heads toward the volcano on foot)

[size=1][color=#999999][i]Aries carried out Talisman to a volcano. It seemed as though that Anzundane's power had left him and was given to another host. It was strange to know this. Something was causing a rift in the powers of the elements. Aries whinnied and he had taken her to the foot of a volcano.

Talisman stepped off of Aries and walked to the volcano and noticed that a spell covered the mountain. Something to ward off enemies and those who wish to steal rare artifacts or even kill something. Talisman stepped back and heard footsteps coming towards her. She unsheathed her katanas and readied them for an attack. Aries flew high above and sat on a large branch. Someone was walking towards the volcano.

Out of the clearing, a figure appeared and to her surprise, that figure was a person she had seen at the festival. Talisman still had her katanas, in case of an attack.[/i]

"Why are you at the foot of this volcano?"

[i]The figure seemed confused, yet he knew what he was up against.[/i] "That would be none of your damn business."

"Oh, really? If it's none of my business, then why has my stallion taken me here to this spell-bound volcano? When an animal knows danger is near, they don't run, they look for shelter and let the nature do its work, but this is not nature. And that is why Aries took me here. So, I will ask you again, why are you here?"[/size][/color]

Jaht: I see no reason to tell you, but I do believe I know why you were brought here.

Talisman: And why's that?

Jaht: Well, let's just say that there's been a power shift. Now if you don't mind, I have something to do. (Just then, Talon walks out through a cave opening) I was wondering where you were.

Talon: It was getting too hot in there. Who's this?

Jaht: I don't know. She's very suspicious, though.

Talisman: Why's he here?

Jaht: Because I left him here. He would have slowed me down. Now, I have business to attend to. (Pause) There it is. (He walks over to where the fake flute that he lost earlier is lying on the ground. Near it, he sees his two poles and takes them back) Now that I've located my equipment, I'm ready. (He walks toward the cave entrance while watching Talisman. He bumpa into Talon) Sorry. (He enters the cave and proceeds through the volcano until he reaches a large chamber. He doesn't know if it's the same one from earlier, but it's good enough) Siene! I took the Ocarina. It was much easier than I thought. Branit doesn't know how to guard people effectively, it seems. He had guards outside, but none with Chi. Chi was uncouncious, so it was easy to take the Ocarina. I replaced it with a fake, so she won't suspect anything for a while. However, I will be perfectly honest and tell you that I do not fully trust you. You don't seem to like humans too much, see. For that reason, I currently do not have it with me. If you get Sideria to me somehow, I will tell you where it is before I leave. Your insurance is that there's no way I could ever escape if you didn't want me to. I have one question, by the way. What do you want the Ocarina for? It only works for one of Chi's family. Besides, you're unable to use it. I don't think it's unreasonable to ask why you want it. I got it for you, after all. Oh, and you probably won't trust me, but I won't reveal your reason to anyone if you don't want me to. Keeping secrets is a point of honor in my business, after all.

-----------------------

OOC: Jaht's actions depend on Siene's response, though only Jaht knows this. So please allow me to decide what he does in response to Siene's answer.

[COLOR=Teal][FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode][SIZE=1]Jaht disappeared into the gloomy passage, concealed within the mountain?s sweltering blanket. Talon turned to the darkness around him. The mountain?s walls had glowed with a fiery radiance; the passages themselves seemed to give off an eerie glow, surrounded by the heavy veils of the stormy night that Talon had waded into.

His company forgotten he continued down the mountain, his destination uncertain, lost in the whims his mind had become. ?Hey wait!? Talisman called, her voice vague, almost distant as the ambassador left her on the mountain?s foot, torn between Talon and Jaht she hesitated.

[i]Where are you going?[/i] The voice echoed once again. ?I don?t know.? Talon replied; Talisman turned, confused with his response. [i]Why are you letting him walk away, he tried to kill you![/i] ?What makes you say that??

?Excuse me?? Talisman prodded, looking for a response. Her checked features beginning to slip with her frustration, her fists clenching as she watched.

[i]He pulled you down the mountain, left you to die in the heat.[/i] ?Yes?but?? Talon trailed off; his eyes focused in middle distance, not seeing the world around him but removing him from it, leaving him to wander back up the mountain in a vast, swirling haze; he brushed past Talisman and entered the cave once more?

[center]* * *[/center]

An admirable attempt, cunning in the least, Jaht had walked back into his cave and dared defy his demands; a feeble attempt to avoid the dragon?s demand. Siene scooped Sideria into his claw and made his way down the passage, his body swift with its newfound vigor.

Jaht had stumbled into one of many large caverns dotted throughout the smoky mountain?s immense confines; a simple one, only two entrances. One leading to Siene?s pools the other to the outside. It was along one of these passages that Siene slid, ready to show the fool his beloved dragon; ready to prove she meant nothing to him.

?You?re as pathetic as they are.? The shadow peeled from Siene?s massive form, revealing the dragon?s face, his eyes fiery as he spoke. ?I will destroy the ocarina, along with man?s the other legendary items. They have plagued us too long.? The dragon paused, collecting the man?s eye with the wells of fire that were his own. ?Nothing is more offensive to me, to the remaining few remembering our time; a time before men, before the disrespect. Prosperity.? His gaze flared, the air seemed to thicken as he continued, each word more unsettling than the last. ?The blasphemy your kind has brought to this world gnaws constantly at our soul, taints the tranquility I once held.?

Jaht made to speak, his mouth echoing silent thoughts, finding his mouth parched he stopped, listening to the ancient being before him. ?There is nothing I will not do, no creature I will not destroy. We have left you in our time far too long, we should have removed our scourge, my bane, eons ago.? He paused, his lipless face contorting into an eerie smile. ?It is your bane now Jaht, you alone bare High Haven?s safety, as we have bourn your decrepit for the last century.?

Siene raised his claw, brandishing the intruder?s goal. Sideria slumped against the broad base of his claw, her head rolling freely. A disturbing bobbing seldom achieved. ?I assure you.? The dragon continued. ?She is alive and well. A little worn from her ordeals as it would seem?Her time is limited however, dependent on you, as High Haven and your fellow peoples.? With a sneer Sideria disappeared, a fiery ring taking her place as the dragon wove his magic, removing her from reach?[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]

Jaht: Fine. I brought the Ocarina to the mountian with me. I just didn't bring it inside. He doen't know this, but Talon currently has it. He probably though I just wasn't watching where I was going when I bumped into him, but I actually meant to bump into him. That's when I transferred it to him. Talon currently has it. He should still be on the mountian, if he hasn't decided to come in after me. Of course, I'm sure that somebody somewhere can make another one. But that's your concern, not mine. I did my job. Now it's your turn to fulfill your end of the bargain. You said, and I quote, "You will bring to me the Dragon Ocarina as you call it. Then I will return Sideria and reside here, a sentinel for High Haven, guardian of your fair city and all the lands around it." I brought the Ocarina. Now it's time for you to honor your end of the bargian.

[COLOR=Teal][SIZE=1][FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode] ?I will return Sideria when I have the Ocarina, not before.? Siene sneered as he turned from Jaht, disappearing into the enormous confines of the passage from whence he came he called: ?You have until sunrise; she will not live much past this.?

With that he was gone. The sweltering air doing little to prevent a shudder running along the warrior?s spine. Turning on his heal he hastened towards the exit, Talon his sole concern.

[center]* * *[/center]

?No!? The ambassador?s voice echoed along the passage. He had moved little more than a dozen feet along the passage before realizing what he was doing; allowing the voice to guide his actions, blind his logic. Talisman turned after him only to stop short as he came pelting back out, across the ledge and down the rocky slope. ?Come on, we have to go!? he called to her, swallowed by the heavy sheets of rain.

Hesitating the sorceress sprinted after him, unsure why she felt the need to follow the lunatic. Her lantern catching him, revealing his plight down the mountain, blinded as he was by the heavy night he somehow managed to keep his feet; catching himself with a quick step before he fell time and time again he continued down the mountain, eager for the plains safety.

?Wait!? She called, her words falling on deaf ears as she hurried down the mountain, struggling to equal his frantic place. He appeared wretched when Talisman first saw him, his robes torn, his body caked with layer upon layer of mud, of grit; there was little left that revealed Talon to be the man he was at the ceremony. Pausing waist deep in the wavering grass of the plains, a little over two hundred feet from he mountain?s base, he turned to her.

The wind had gathered its pace and was beginning to lash the vast fields around the pair, the storm?s ferocity building with every passing hour. High Haven hadn?t seen weather this bad for in more than a decade; nestled under the protection of Siene?s range it seldom experienced the savage ocean winds of the west.

?Do you have a dragon?? He called, bewilderment on his face. ?Something we can fly back to the city with?? He paused, suddenly uneasy. Collecting Talisman?s eye Talon probed for a response. ?It is all I ask, that you take me to High Haven. I?ll pay you of course.? The remnants of his once regal behavior spilling across his gesture as he spoke, barely able to hold her gaze he made to turn; darkness enveloping the pair, stirring the irrational fears of man in them.

Talisman?s lantern had fallen under the pressures of the weather, its flame beyond hope of revival. Her eyes widened as she struggled to regain sight, hopelessly aware of Talon?s presence; his earlier incoherence leapt into her mind, drawing the fear from her gut, into her breath. She began to turn, reaching for something, anything to guide her, a sea of shin high grass bobbing to her fingers, taunting her delicate touch as she continued to fumble.

Talon leaped forward, the voice over whelming his mind.[i] He?s coming. He can see. He wants to kill you both, save her![/i] Crashing into Talisman he hit the ground, suddenly prone to the terrors of the night he fumbled for her. Finding a forearm he grasped it, the icy clench drawing a start from Talisman as he pulled her along.

His knees sinking in the mud, hand squelching through the slimy darkness he dragged her behind him, uncertain where he was going; driven by fear, by the voice, he stumbled to his feet, struggling against the mud?s wanting hold. Talisman close behind bewildered as they stumbled onward.

Hours seemed to pass like this, neither able to distinguish where they were going nor from where they had come, time lost to darkness. Talon continued to drag his companion along, leaving no room for pause, for input. He was unsure how far he had stumbled, whether he traced a circle or closed on the mountain. Jaht?s unmade footfalls squelching through the mud behind them, eager to catch his victims, Talon knew nothing more. Lost in the timeless veils of night the ambassador continued, driven by his madness.

The confusion ended as suddenly as it began. Talon?s world was sent into a dizzying spin, his body bruised and bashed as he fell, rolling again and again through the darkness, Talisman lost somewhere behind. Stopping to an uneasy haze he rested his head on the moist ground, vaguely aware of the lack of mud he waited for his eyes to focus. The darkness above him was broken, a dozen or more pricks of light trailing slowly through the chilling air.

At first he thought he had hit his head, dazed himself in his maddened flight, but as he lay studying the lights realization clawed its way into his numbing mind. They were fireflies, Hawthorn forest?s fireflies. Several moments passed before his ears were filled with the soothing sounds of the rustling trees, his skin aware of the lessened lashings.

Clambering to his feet Talon stumbled through darkness, tripping into the rough bark or a large tree he called: ?We?re free, he can?t get us here. Doesn?t know where we are.? He paused, wanting the reply that would not come. ?Are you there?? Again nothing. Waiting as long as fear allowed, his hopes yearning his unwitting companion, Talon hesitated before stumbling into the forest.

Mud had given way to thick roots and the air was filled with the eerie whistling as the wind tore through the trees, branches falling now and then to a muffled crash. He had the trees to guide him now, keep his descent vertical as he delved deeper along his un-trod path. The voice was gone but the fear remained, something was spurning it along; it could have been the voice, the storm, even instinct, none the less it was there, driving him deeper into Hawthorn?

[center]* * *[/center]

Jaht stood on the mountainside at a loss. There was no sign of Talon, of Talisman; they were gone when he returned, lost to the night?s heavy veils. A purple tinge had crept across the horizon, edging relentlessly towards High Haven?s fall, to Sideria?s death?[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Kanaye had to think about this last statement.
"Well, there really isn't much to say. I grew up with my parents in a village just south of here."
For once Kurian seemed to be paying attention, so Kanaye continued.
"There was an...incident, and my family was killed. I came here to complete my father's dying wish."
He cast a sidelong glance at Laertes.
"Until his dying wish became a lifelong partner."
"Lifelong?"
"Yeah, I can't get rid of him."
Kanaye chuckled at his wit, but stopped when he saw Kurian's disgruntled look.
"We were once alike, you and I. I hated dragons too."
Kurian's scowl became more intense.
"You have to realise that they're still sentient beings too. They have feelings."
Still more intense. There was no changing him. Kanaye sighed.
"So how about you? How'd you get into this?"
[CENTER]...[/CENTER]

Jaht: (Thinking) ****! I'm low on time, and Talon had to leave. That makes things difficult. (He looks around, then walks over to a small pile of dirt. He brushes it aside, revealing the ragon Ocarina) (To himself) He seems to have dropped it here. How convienient. (Thinking) That was smoothly executed, if I do say so myself. Now, even if Siene's after Talon, I get what I'm here for. (He gets up and walks back into the volcano, stopping in the large cavern from before) (Out loud) Siene! If you haven't gone off after Talon, that's good, because there's no need to. I must have done a slopy job, because the Dragon Ocarina fell out. I found it just outside. I can't go much farther in, so if you want it, you'll have to come here. If you don't come in ten minutes, I'll assume you're not here, and I'll start looking for you.

Kurian chuckled slightly and look skywards, darkened clouds clshing together a sure wraning for a storm. Maybe the rain would wash away the blood.

"Me, hell I'm a hero!" At the first nudge of interest Kurian launched into the story of his fall. He told of how he grew up in the great city of Fenrith. As a knight he would ride out nightly to defend the city against wild dragons and raiders who sought to destroy them all. Being injured in the battle filed and found by one of the vilagers made him indebted to this small community and seeing it reduced to so much rubble almost broke his heart.

"As a drifter I suppose you don't know much about community." Kurian gazed at his compainion, seein Kanaye gaze thoughtfully down at the dusty path. Feeling he'd struck a nerve with that comment Kurian moved on.

"As a Knight in Fenrith we were always taught to hate dragons, dangerous, savage reptiles would would as soon as eat you than look at you." Kurian scowled in the direction of the small dragon who returned his gaze with a sort of innocent inclanation.

"Beasts"

Coming to the edge of the ruined village Kurian looked out across the vast plains, marked with scorches and the carcasses of dragons.

"Beasts"

[size=1][color=#999999][i]Talisman lay unconcious just a few yards away from the Hawthorne Forest. The rain pelted against her clothes and hair as she layed against the drowning grass. Blood, her own blood, mixed with the rain. She had cut herself as she slipped and fell to the ground. Sounds of large wings had fallen against the winds and rain. It was a sound that Talisman knew. They were the sounds of a dragon's.

With small whimpers coming from Diablo, he had tried to wake her and she had. Talisman groaned a bit and when she awoke she shook the mud out of her hair and stood. She stood too quickly though and nearly collapsed back into the muddy grass, if it wasn't for Diablo. She looked to him and groaned.[/i]

"Where were you all this time?"

["Looking for that mage. But he was nowhere to be found. I could only feel a faint sign from him, but then it left. Veritas is here as well. We both felt that Anzundane's power left him."]

"Yes. This is true, but a man, by the name of Talon, dragged me out here. I'm not sure where he is, but I'm guessing he's inside the forest. And I lost Jaht, Chi, and the dragons. I also lost Aries. I'm not sure where he is at the moment."

["Veritas can find him, wait. He's here."]

[i]Diablo looked to the skies and saw a great black horse flying towards them. Talisman looked that way as well and smiled. She was glad to see her friend was alright and not in any danger. But, it was Talon that she was worried about. He had left the mountain abruptly and he had a feeling of fear within him. It wasn't just fear, but something inside scared him to death and he knew he had to get away from it, but how? She knew she had to find him before anything or anyone else did. It was just a matter of time before something happened to this man she knew nothing about.[/size][/color][/i]

[COLOR=Teal][SIZE=1][FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode] Jaht?s plan was shattered, his resolve all but spent, his hopes dashed with the simple phrase that echoed from the confines of the mountain: ?Stop wasting my time human! I will not be fooled so easily. The ocarina gives off an aura, it spews its own blasphemous scent across all it touches.? He paused waiting for protest; none came. ?I can feel the sun on the horizon, your time grows short and my patience thin. However my reason remains and I still desire the instrument. Its odor comes from High Haven, muffled as it is; return there and you will find it.?

With that Jaht was left to his musings, unsure by what means he was to return to the city, three leagues (Nine miles) lay between High Haven and the Smoky Mountain. He sighed and trudged back along the passage, into the turbulent night?

[center]* * *[/center]

The caverns below High Haven remained unknown to its populace; all unfortunate enough to stumble upon them were quickly hunted and killed, most never rising from their bed. It was in one of these caverns he sat, reveling in the smells that wafted through his home, the perfumes of blood, of death. He knew they were looking for it, knew it from what he had seen, what he had heard.

Dancing along the slimy stone he continued through his abode, moving from one grate to the next, hungry. Talon had provided him with little satisfaction, he was easy to crack, to feed on; too many concerns, fears for a mortal?s soul. It left him weak willed, easy to manipulate, to guide through insanity.

It was these people he relied on to lessen his insatiable thirst. These people he searched the night for, stole from their happy High Haven homes. The creature continued with its peculiar gat, defying gravity itself as he spiraled along the rounded walls; rolling his prize in his hands, caressing its masterfully crafted surfaces. Yes the Dragon Ocarina was indeed a valuable prize; it would cause much disruption in its absence.

He sneered turned to his left into the next vertical passage. No they weren?t to have it, he would play with them a little longer?

[center]* * *[/center]

Finally he dropped to the ground, exhausted from his flight. The ground was drier here, the rain not as heavy, not that it mattered. Talon was already caked in mud; even his undergarments were soaked, cold against his body as it rested against the uneven earth. Talisman hadn?t reappeared, she was gone, carried away in the frightening veils the ambassador felt he knew; they had seen him through his life, crushed his hopes and lifted his spirits at every opportunity, the night he had just met.

Chuckling he closed his eyes, his mind on High Haven, his family, his companions, his partner. Their memory enough to dispel the horrors through which he swam, reassuring Talon just enough to allow an uneasy fall into sleeps blissful repose?[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Here Kanaye interrupted. Perhaps the anger he would repress from now on could be used for debating purposes.
"I will admit, dragons display the signs of beasts, but they show a sentience that only humans show as well."
Laertes nuzzled his cheek.
"Even if they were classed as beasts, don't they have just as much right to live on this earth as we do?"
Kanaye had heard of the Knights of Fenrith, they were guite the legend. Always striving for honour. Yet he disliked them for their quite brutish behavior. He remembered that, not all that long ago, he had dreamed of becoming a knight. He displayed all the correct qualities: physical fitness, a lack of mercy, and above all, a sheer hatred to dragons. But now that was all over, he couldn't understand what he had been thinking.
"I suppose you'll just have to forget what you've been taught about dragons, because its all wrong."
The morning sunrise over the plains calmed his destructive urge, and he sat on the grassy plains and looked out over the hills...

Jaht: (Thinking) Well, I've managed to screw things up. Anzunden's dead, Chi's going to get herself killed trying to rescue Sideria unless she gives the Dragon Ocarina to Siene to be destroyed. And I lose either way. I only have one choice. I just hope Branit decided to evacuate, because I doubt there will be a city left after all of this. (He starts toward High Haven) (Still thinking) Siene needs to be killed. That's the only option. Unfortunately, that won't be easy. I'll have to find a dragon that is capable of killing Siene, and is willing to. But first, I have to find Chi. Then, I'll have to speak with one who should know of a dragon that can and will do what needs to be done.

Kurian turned on his heel and look over at the scorched and charred remains of what had once been his home away from home. He had come to love the people who dwelt there and he had no way to know how many had escaped the raiders wrath. He knew that one of his friends lay defiled in the mud, how many more shared that fate. He snorted his disgust and turned back to Kanaye, sorrow in his eyes.

"If I am so wrong then how could that atrocity happen, how could all those people be slaughtered in blood and flames?"

It was a rhetorical question and Kurian needed no answer. Putting on speed he trudged away from his companion. He needed to get back to Fenrith, or at least somwhere that would recognise the pain and fear that these people had experienced and would take the correct action.

(Jaht notices a dragon coming towards him from the city)

Jaht: (Thinking) I was wondering how long it would take. (The dragon, who turns out to be Dryoga, lands. Branit and Chi get off) I thought it would be you two. Took longer than I thought, though.

Branit: Where is it?

Jaht: What're you asking me for? You're the one who has it.

Branit: The one I have is a fake.

Jaht: I though you'd think that. You gave me your fake, remember? I took the real one from Chi and slipped it into your pocket without you noticing. I hoped that Siene would believe the fake was actually the real deal, but apparently the real one gives off some sort of aura that Siene can sense.

Chi: Why does Siene want the Dragon Ocarina?

Jaht: To destroy it. He told me that if I got it for him, he'd release Sideria. I had to make you think I'd stolen it, and I also wanted it in a place where nobody would expect it to be. I hoped to fool Siene into thinking he destroyed it when he really destroyed a fake. And due to other actions, which I can't reveal here, Siene is now unchecked. There's nothing in this area that even has a chance of being able to take him now that Anzunden's dead.

Chi: Anzunden's dead?

Jaht Thought you'd know who that was. Yes, he's dead. SIene killed him, meaning that Siene's now Element Dragon of Fire. We currently have two options. One is that we give him the Dragon Ocarina. That would result in its destuction, but Sideria would be released, and SIene also promised to protect this area, including High Haven. The other option is to not give it to him. If we do that, not only will Sideria die, but High Haven will be completely destroyed, and no human will be able to come anywhere near this area for as long as Siene lives, which will be for a few thousand years if nothing happens to him. I say let Siene have the Ocarina. Surely another can be made. If that's your decision, then let Branit here deliver it to him. I need your help with something else, which I can't tell you here. So, what's your decision?

[color=firebrick] 'Well, it's not too surprising.' Syft thought to himself miserably as he sat sullenly in the dank, dark cave. 'But why would these people be searching for me?' Syft barely opened his eyes as he took yet another quick glance about his surroundings. A relentless chase through the fields some days later had left him weak and dehydrated, his body sore and barely able to defend himself. That dragon. It was like his chasers knew...[i]something[/i]. Syft shook his head. He felt dizzy again.

'Have I done something?' A million questions and worries that he had tackled earilier came flying into his mind again, making the young man even more weary. 'Maybe it's her.' Syft rested his head against the cold stone of the cave. 'Maybe it's her...' Syft mumbled to himself as he stared mindlessly into the ceiling. 'Would she want to know...so badly?' Syft's head pounded with pain, each thud making him wince and close his tired eyes over and over. He thought he heard something rustle in the corner. Soft footsteps from far away.

They wouldn't be getting any answers from him soon, that was all Syft knew.[/color]

[COLOR=Navy]Chi held out her hand for the musical instrument. Branit gave it to her and saw Chi look it over.

"How long do we have?" she asked quietly.

Jaht looked at the horizon. "I think about 2 hours." he replied.

Chi caressed the blue instrument and ran her fingers over the holes. She brought it to her lips and played an ancient tune. When she finished, the sky before them changed and images of memories flashed by. Chi watched them as the images brought back happy memories. Like the first time she tamed a dragon with the ocarina. Meeting Sideria for the first time. Getting the dragon ocarina from her father that had gotten it from his father and so forth.

She closed her eyes and the memories disappeared. A tear dropped from her eye as an emotional war raged on inside her. She turned her head and held the ocarina out to Jaht.

"Siene had better keep his promise." Chi muttered.[/COLOR]

(Jaht gives the Dragon Ocarina to Branit)

Jaht: Go inside the volcano. You should have no problem finding an entrance. Walk in a ways, stoping when you get to a large cavern. Call out to Siene. Tell him that I sent you, and that you have the Ocarina. He should release Sideria. When he does, find Chi and I at the Prancing Dragon Inn. If he doesn't, come anyways. If you're not back by this time tomorrow, I'll assume you aren't coming. I can't afford to wait for longer. i have other business to take care of. Chi, let's go.

(Branit heads inside the volcano as Jaht and Chi climb onto Dryoga. Soon, they're at the inn. The two humans enter)

Chi: Jaht, what's going on?

Jath: Your decision to try and find Sideria on your own forced me to take drastic measures to try and rescue you. This was when I thought Talon was with the raiders. I helped Anzunden attain the position of Element Dragon of Fire, saving his life at the same time. In return, I asked him to do battle with Siene while I rescued you. I managed to get you out, but I had to stay. By that time, Siene had kiled Anzunden. I tricked Siene into thinking I wanted him to kill Anzunden. That's when Siene made the deal. of course, I don't thin he'll actually protect this city, but I think we can trust him to release Sideria. thing is, nothing anywhere within about 300 miles would stand a chance against Siene. He's unchecked now, meaning that he can basically do whatever he wants. If he decided to, say, kill everyone within that area, he could. we need to find a dragon that can take Siene, meaning that Siene woun't be able to act without fear of death. I know of one dragon who can do this easily, but I don't know where to find him.

Chi: You don't mean...

Jaht: Plejalta.

Chi: You can't be serious. Do you know how dangerous getting to him is?

Jaht: I think I can handle it.

Chi: If you can even find his lair in the first place.

Jaht: I assume you know where it is.

Chi: I know how to reach the general area, and some riddles that are supposed to be clues.

Jaht: Good.

Chi: It's harder than it sounds. All I know are directions that take you from point to point in a not very straightforward pattern.

Jaht: That's why you're coming with me.

Chi: Look, Jaht. Even if you did somehow reach him, you'd have to win his favor.

Jaht: He'll probably give me some seemingly impossible task, right?

Chi: Right.

Jaht: That's what I like.

Chi: You're insane!

Jaht: I know. Oh, and there's also the fact that Plejalta would certianly know the enchantments needing to create another Dragon Ocarina. I have one of the fakes, which are identical to the about-to-be-destroyed real one exept for the lack of enchantments. He can put the enchantments on it.

Chi: Fine. I'll come.

Jaht: Good. Get your things together, make sure that only the people who need to know where you are know, and meet me here. We leave at this time tomorrow. By then, we'll know Sideria's fate.

Kanaye glanced after his short term companion with a mixture of awe and relief. This person would have definately been worth hanging around, for his own protection if nothing else. Still, he doubted he could handle such an explosive character.
{"Now what shall we do?"}
Laertes looked at him with big, bright, curious eyes. Kanaye couldn't help but smile.
"I don't know. Are you hungry?"
{"Starving!"}
Kanaye chuckled. "Then let's find something to eat!"
Laertes gave a squeal of delight, before flapping off down the hills to the plains. After getting half-way, he turned his expectantly, watching Kanaye's sluggish progress on his one bad knee.
"Hey, what is it that dragons eat?"
Kanaye's lack of knowledge in his new-found companion embarresed him. Laertes gave the dragon equivilant of a shrug.
{"Anything we find, really."}
As if to prove this, he settled on a nearby bush and started eating away at the berries on the bush. His snout became red from the juice of the berries, and Kanaye stopped, a sadness crossing his face. He looked so much like his father in his dying moments, covered in the blood of another. Then he remembered something he had said, and looked up at Laertes, who was tearing through berries at an alarming speed.
"Do you know what your father ment when he mentioned that I was the only one he could trust?"
{"I'm not sure. I was thinking of asking you."}
Kanaye sighed.
"It had something to do with my father, about his profession. But he was just a farmer, he had nothing to do with dragons."
His eyes turned to a piece of wood buried in the grass. He reached forward and grabbed it, to no avail. It was stuck tight, and it seemed to go deeper into the earth.
"Could you give me a hand?"
Laertes fluttered over to his side and grabbed the wood in his tiny claws. He pulled, and Kanaye felt his mental strain. Yet, suddenly, the wood was tugged from the ground, sending a shower of dirt over the two travellers. Attatched to the wood was a notice board. It seemed new, and boasted that it was "The centre for all High Haven's news!" A few notices were stuck to it, but one really caught his eye. It was advertising "Tanaka Dragon Nurseries". Kanaye's last name was Tanaka, but he had never heard of such a place. He read down the page before he came to something that made him curse in disbelief.
"For more information, contact Kenta Tanaka." His father...