OtakuBoards

~Dragon Wing Festival~

Sakura

[COLOR=Navy]It was sunset and Chi stood in front of the council of High Haven. There was a new member to the council after one resigned. The new member was known as Ms. Parker and she hadn't heard the Dragon Summon Song yet and she called Chi to play. Chi had agreed, because it was bad to disobey the council when they asked you to do something. She decided to play the single summon because it was no use summoning all of the dragons near by. Chi decided to call Dryoga to her because he had to get used to the summon song anyways.

Chi moistened her lips before bringing her Dragon Ocarina to her lips. She placed her fingers over the holes and started to play a soft, slightly haunting melody(If you've seen Sailor Moon, the Doom Tree series. It's the song Alan plays on his flute).

In another place...
Dryoga felt an urge to go to Chi. He heard a strange melody in the back of his mind and it pulled him to wherever she was. And strangest of all, he knew exactly where she was. He flapped and headed for the main city square.

Chi continued to play, a crowd had gathered, even though they had heard it and seen many times, they never grew tired of it.

Chi felt a gust of wind and looked up, still playing and saw Dryoga flying in. Everyone made room and Dryoga landed next to her. Chi stopped and stroked his muzzle.

"It's a Dragon Summon Song. You'll get used to it in time. Ms. Parker just wanted me to show her." Chi whispered.
<"The tune brought me to you."> he said.
"That's what it should do. Now stay for a while." Chi said turning to the council.

"That, Ms. Parker is my Dragon Summon song. I can do summon spells but I'd rather express it in music, and I think the crowd prefers the song then a page and a half of spell in an unknown language." Chi announced. The audience agreed.
"Very good. You're all dismissed. Well done Chi." Ms. Parker said before turning on her hill.

The other members of the council that she knew well, thanked her and praised her for the good job of taming a new dragon.

"Let's go home." Chi said to the dragon.
<"Don't you need a saddle?"> Dryoga asked as chi climbed onto his back.
"No, it's just a creature comfort." Chi replied holding on.

They took off and took the short flight home. Chi tucked Dryoga into his stable and sat with him patiently to get adjusted as he was used to sleeping in the open.

"How's this experience? How do you feel?" Chi asked.
<"It feels...strange, yet...safe. I never knew I could trust humans before."> Dryoga confessed.
"You can always trust me." Chi assured stroking his blue scales.
<"Thankyou, and my freeze breath is stronger than before."> Dryoga said.
"That's great, you'll have to show me tomorrow then." Chi said.

Chi felt another gust of wind and felt Sideria coming. Chi stood and opened the stable door. Seconds later Sideria floated in and curled up.

"Anything interesting Sideria?"
["Just the usual."] she replied.

Chi stroked her purplish scales and bid them goodnight before walking inside.[/COLOR]

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[size=1][color=indigo]Sideria ruffled her wings slightly, it was going to be a bit strange having another dragon tamed by Chi being around, but she would get used to it and help the little guy as much as she could. She stood up slightly, just enough to peak over into the next stall, he was out like a light, nothing could wake him up. Sideria remembered being extreamly exhausted when she was first tamed as well.

She rested herself back down on the stable floor and and bent her long neck side ways so that it rested along side her body. Sleeping never came easy for Sideria, but she was usually able to force herself, knowing that the next day could bring in a ton of hard work, it really depended of Chi's day.

Sideria layed awake for hours... She felt something wrong would happen soon, it was that feeling that most animals have. Like when a storm is coming, the birds all fly away to their nests. Sideria just hoped she was wrong, but sleep never came to her that night. [/size][/color]

OOC: Hope i'm not pushing this into the plot :sweat:

[color=firebrick]"You are such a pig." Kurian smiled deviously at Syft.

"The ladies just can't resist me, you know that," Kurian said with a great wink. Syft grumbled to himself and downed the rest of his drink in a long gulp.

"Yeah, well..." Syft started. He looked up to see Kurian making hellos to yet another waitress that had walked by not too long ago. Syft quietly ordered another drink and kept to himself while trying to act like he didn't know who Kurian was while he was talking brashly to Anne again. A few moments later, Anne stalked off with an oddly pleased and red face to serve some newly come men. Kurian swiveled his chair to meet Syft finishing off his second glass of wine.

"Ye need to try the ale, Syft, not the wine!" Kurian stated as he clapped Syft's back. Syft managed to keep himself from spitting all of his wine out from the force of Kurian's hand and meekly swallowed the last of it.

"Let's go out and see what's up with the preperations, eh?" Syft nodded and follwed Kurian out of the bar and out into the sunny skies of Earathia. There were now more decorations hanging from roofs and various nooks and crannies. It seemed that now there were more people bustling about and running to meet the demands of the festival so that it would be ready for tomorrow.

"You have to admit, it looks very nice for a festival celebrating dragons." Syft commented while looking up at Kurian's face.

"Aye, it looks fine," Kurian answered with a off-track voice. He was eyeing the nearest attractive girl he could see. "Who's that girl, right there? With the long brown hair, you see?" Syft turned to head to where Kurian was pointing to see a bubbly girl helping others with the decoration and preparations. Syft squinted his eyes.

"I'm not sure. It may be the daughter of Mattheo, the famous dragon tamer, eh?" Syft answered with uncertainty. "Don't get your hopes up, she'll probably be leaving now that it's late." Syft said dryly as he observed the decorations again. Kurian laughed. Syft ducked to dodge one of Kurian's backbreaking claps. It only managed to make Kurian smile.

"I guess I'd better go home now. Attijun needs me." Syft smiled softly to himself. "Where are you staying tonight, then?"

"Ah, that hotel I guess. It's so [i]boring[/i], aye?" Kurian responded. Syft shrugged.

"I don't mind if you stay at Attijun's. He won't mind either, I'm sure of it." [/color]

[COLOR=Navy][B]OOC:[/B] I haven't introduced the plot yet, just to alert everyone. But I'll give you a hint, it comes around when the actual festival starts ^_ ~ So stop trying to guess what the plot is, It will be revealed in time. Just keep doing fillers until I start the festival, I'm trying to get everyone to post at least once first before I start the plot/festival.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chi felt an uneasyness as she ate her dinner. She finished eating quickly and went back out to the stables. It was dark now and Chi held out her palm, a small ball of white light glowed in her hand, shining light. Chi walked past the different stalls and looked at the dragons her father had tamed, and ones that she had tamed. Then she came to Dryoga and Sideria's stall. She peered into Dryoga's stall and saw he was out. She had found that all of the dragons became exhausted after they were tamed. She moved over to Sideria's stall and opened the door before sliding in and closing the door. Chi sat by Sideria.

"Do you feel the unrestlessness too?" Chi asked, knowing she was still awake.
["Yes, I saw birds fleeing, something bad is coming, the animals always sense it before the humans."] Sideria murmered.

Chi just leaned against her scaly hide and closed her fingers around the ball of light, extinguishing it. The only light was from the moon and stars and the spark of power in the glass sphere that Chi wore around her neck.

After about half an hour, Chi got up and exited the stall.

["Goodnight."] Sideria said, lifting her head.
"Do you want it?" Chi asked, feeling her restlessness.
["If you don't mind."] Sideria said.
"No problem, we've got a busy day tomorrow. We need to teach Dryoga some things, and I'll be counting on you to help." Chi said as she walked back into the stall. She placed two fingers on the dragon's temples and energy flowed from her fingers into the dragon. Soon enough, Sideria was in dream land, Chi often had to do that to help her get rest for a busy day.

Chi stroked her once more before exiting and bolting the door and entering her house to get some rest for herself.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=DeepPink]Tylerness kept on flying despite that Fushi had fallen asleep on his back. ?Why does she insist that if people go ballistic we leave for a few hours then return?? He mentally growled as her turned back toward the town.

?Hm? Did?. You say somtin?? Fushi mumbled not quite awake yet.

?No, nothing. Let?s go back to our house all right? It?s cold.?

?Ok. Let?s go.?

They fly back to town and land on their roof, Fushi runs inside to grab a scale pick and a coat. She comes out a few minutes later and sits on Tyler?s claws, picking out the dirt and yuck with the pick. ?What do you do to your feet? Gross!? she yells as she pulls out a flattened cheese roll. ?Yucky!?

?Oops.? Tylerness sighs.

?Oh well, I think you?re pretty clean today, I did just clean you yesterday. You haven?t been on your own lately have you? Why don?t you go do what you want for a while, just be back here before you have to go to sleep!? She giggled, ?Dragons are funny.?

?We are not funny! We just tend to step on things, it?s not my fault I can?t see where my feet go.? He glares at her.

?Sorry! No need to get in a hissy fit!? She sighed.

?Bye, see you later.? He flew off knocking Fushi?s coat off, she didn?t bother to put it on, she just grabbed it and dropped it in through the sunroof, closing it after.

?Hey!?

?Sorry.? Then he vanished into the clouds.

?Well, time to go get today?s orders.? She leaped off the roof and walked down the road entering a bar.

A waitress walked by and said, ?Aren?t you a little too young to be here??

?No.? Fushi replied coolly taking off her cloak.

The woman saw the crest and nodded.

Fushi walked over to a dark corner picking up an envelope that was pushed across the table. ?Thanks.? She opened it, ?No way! I can?t do that! I have a dragon! I just can?t!?

?Do it or I?ll remove that crest of yours.? A voice in the shadows replied.

?Fine.? She walked off folding the note and tossing it back at the table barely missing a hand that had come out to grab it. A small knife fell out of it. And the hand retracted as if expecting an explosion. Fushi walked out grabbing her cloak and skipping off toward the festival grounds, they were almost done setting up, in the commotion she slipped by, grabbing a dragon carving and jolting out of there. She ran faster, and stealthier then most could even believe possible. ?That was close.? she gasped as she ducked into an alleyway, a guard walked by. ?Most guards don?t like to come over here.? She gasped trying not to breath in the rancid scent. She wrapped the carving in her cloak and swung it on her back. She looked at the wall and started to scale it. She reached the top panting. ?I hate that place.? She walked across the roof tops, leaping over the thin spaces between them, she hung down from the edge and slid through a window, unwrapping the carving and placing it on the floor, leaving her ?card?, a red square of cloth with a dragon eye on it. ?This job is so annoying.? She muttered as she leaped out the window and started to run toward her house. She got home to find Tyler flying around above looking for her. ?Tyler! Down here!? she yelled up at him.

?Fushi! I?m cold!?

?Is that all you ever think about??

?No I think about sleep too!?

Fushi sighed, Tylerness was always difficult. ?Well let?s go in.? she opened the room running up the stairs and unlocked the attic sunroof, which was big enough for him to crawl in and have her close it over his head, and wings. It creacked open and he flew in. ?Night.? She sighed as she shut it ad walked down the steps to her room.[/COLOR]

Naero was now tired from a day of wandering the village, watching preperations and mooching food off of street-side vendors. It was fu nto watch... the busy shop owners hanging streamers, and the clumsy children falling as they tried to reach higher places to put their decorations. Not that he could say he wasn't a child himself...

That brought his mind to Clesia. He wondered why he hadn't seen her around town as some days. Naero tried to remember where she lived... an hour later, he was at the not-quite-inviting looking door.

After knocking, a woman he recognized as who had raised her opened the door slowly and looked down at him. "Excuse me" he said politely, "is Clesia here?"

"No... she's gone on an errand for me. What do you want her for?" The woman looked apprehensive of Naero.

"Er... nothing... uh, where has she gone?"

She looked down at him, almost supsiciously. "I would suspect, in the forest."

"Thank you!" Naero bowed slightly and ran off for the forest. Several minutes of searching, and he found her in a very small clearing- one of the few in the dense forest- and ran up to the younger girl. "Clesia!"

She turned around abruptly, not expecting him. "Naero... hi." Naero caught up to her and put his hands on her shoulders, wich were considerably lower to the ground.

"Why didn't you come to town today? It was so... hmm?" Clesia nodded her head very slightly to her left. Looking curiously, Naero saw someone hiding there... a follower?

Kanaye had slept off most of the days events by the time the sun finally lowered to what could be called a sunset. Tonight, he would seek the Black Market. He left Kuma sleeping in the Inn, and went out into the evening glow. As he walked through the streets, he saw the usual sort of people. A pair of travellers in a bar, the odd pick-pocket running around. Somehow, it made him feel calm, and more comfortable. As he turned a corner he noticed a shadowy looking character, standing straight infront of a downward leading door. An assassin, if Kanaye wasn't mistaken. As he approached, the stranger turned to him.
"What?" his voice was sleek and elegant, "Don't waste my time."
"I come to trade, I have an item which might prove valuable."
He took the ball, now somewhat bigger, and gave it too the man. Already, he looked white as a ghost through the thin holes in his head-scarf. He lifted a flap of the velvet up, and immediately put it down again.
"Come with me."

Kanaye was lead down a set of shadowy stairs to a second door lower down. As they came closer, a voice said:
"What? Oh Isuji, its you."
"Let me in, you idiot. I need to talk to the boss." said the character obviously called Isuji.
They walked into a small room, lavishly decorated, with what could only be described as a throne at the centre. Atop the throne sat a well-fed man, with a look on his face as if he couldn't be bothered to do anything.
"Boss," said Isuji, "This man has something that you may be interested in."
Finally, thought Kanaye, a potential buyer!
"Come forward." said the Boss, his voice deep and gruff.
Kanaye came forward and took the ball from its holster. Suddenly, he thought he felt it shudder, but shook off the idea.
The Boss looked interested already. "Let me see."
Kanaye gave him the ball, and he toyed with it lightly in his hands, a grin spreading across his face. Before he could be stopped, he had started to undo the velvet which covered it. Kanaye dashed forward, hell-bent on keeping his father's promise, but Isuji pulled him back. Kanaye fought at his grip, to no avail. He was about to pull out the knife at his belt when he looked up.
The velvet had come off, and the Boss sat, a look of awe on his face, with a fully-developed dragon egg in his hands. If that wasn't enough, he head someone running down the steps towards them. A man burst in.
"Boss! There's a dragon outside."
The Boss suddenly looked very scared.
"He's breaking in..."

[size=1][color=#999999][i]Talisman looked to him and stretched out her arm. She grabbed the Thief Master by the neck with no effort and raised him into the air. He began to choke into the air and he was gasping for a breath of life. Wanting the Thief Master to know his place, Talisman kept him in the air a bit longer and then she threw him to the ground.

Thief Master, Ereptor, slightly massaged his neck and stood. He looked to Talisman with an apologizing face and led her to a nearby restraunt, in which he owned. For in the back of the restraunt was a little room and that was where the two sat and talked. Aries wandered outside, as did Veritas. Diablo still perched himself up on the tower where he was last seen.[/i]

"So, tell me, Ereptor, any news lately?"

"Kurian Argonath and Syft the mage were last seen in a bar, and there has been news of a girl named Chimé, who is a dragon tamer. She was able to get a Blue Dragon to follow her."

"Kurian and Syft, eh? And you say the girl's name is Chimé? What of her dragon?"

"The name is Sideria."

"Hmm. That is all I need to know. You are rewarded."

[i]With that, Talisman stood and put a bag of gold on the table and left. As she did, the thieves in the restraunt looked to her. She knew their eyes were on her. She was not at all oblivious to the fact that they wanted to rob her, but they could not.

Stepping outside into the open, Talisman called for Aries and he came, as did Veritas. She got upon his back and they flew towards the place where the Dragon Festival took place. Many cheering was to be heard below, as well as the sound of rapid movement to place decorations and such onto shops.

Aries landed onto the ground and Diablo was right behind them. Veritas gently perched himself onto Aries' back and the four walked towards the bar and before entering, Talisman advised for Aries and Diablo to stay outside, but Veritas was to come with her.

Talisman entered the bar and eyes quickly fell upon her. An unknown stranger was in their town and it was during the time of the Dragon Festival. They followed her until she sat at a table and a waitress came to her.[/i]

"Hello. My name is Anne. What can I get for you?"

[i]Talisman looked up to her and a wide, frightened expression came upon the young waitress' face. She knew who the stranger was and she knew that it was wise not to upset her. Talisman kept quiet and knew that is such an uproar was bound to happen if people knew. She just simply asked for a cup of water and it was brought to her.

Quickly surveying the area, she had found Kurian and Syft. Kurian was looking to her, for she was not well known in the area. But a faint shimmering from her dagger sheath on her leg had caught the eye of Syft's. He knew well what she carried.

After the drink was brought, Talisman took a quick drink and saw that Diablo was outside, restless. She stood and payed the bartender and was aobut to leave, but before she did, she stopped by Kurian and Syft's table.[/i]

"Good evening, Syft. Kurian. I imagine you don't know who I am, but, I do know you. And it seems that the Dragon Dagger has caught your eye, Syft. If you wish to know exactly why I have it, looked for a black hawk, a black horse with wings, and a black dragon. Well, then...good bye."

[i]After a small introduction, Talisman called for Aries and walked towards a hotel. She put her animals in the stable, and let Veritas fly so that he could feed. She walked into the hotel and asked for a room.[/i][/size][/color]

Kurian glanced at Syft, raising a blonde eyebrow in curiosity.

"Ooookay, that had to have been the weirdest introduction I've ever seen."

His friend merely stared in the direction the woman had left, not bothering to answer Kurians wry comment. Reaching out he took the glass of wine into his hands and sipped it slightly, never taking his gaze from the door.

Kurian frowned at the young man's strange behaviour, glancing from side to side as if something suspicious were going to happen. Waving his hand in from of Syft's face Kurian clicked his fingers in an annoying manner, attempting to get the boy's attention. Turning to face Kurian Syft gave his friend an irritated look, indicating that Kurian's method's had been successful.

"What?" Syft's voice betrayed the small level of annoyance that he felt at being interrupted from his reverie. Kurian merely rolled his eyes and took a deep draught from his ale before replying.

"Who exactly was that woman? I Know you know...so don't try and shrug me off with all your weird cryptic crap okay." Kurian folded his arms across his chest, defying Syft to argue. Syft merely raised his eyebrow further upon his brow, if that was even possible and looked back to his wine.

"Weird cryptic crap? Surely you think I'm better than that?" Is reply was met with a derogatory snort as Kurian glared at him in a manner that suggested Syft had not answered his question. Sighing Syft rolled his eyes and took another sip of wine.

"Fine, she is of an ancient line of dragon tamers, thought long dead. I am merely interested in the dagger she carries. Nothing more can be said."

Kurian gulped the last of his ale before placing the tankard noisly upon the wooden surface of the table. Wiping the back of his hand across his mouth he waved in Syft's direction with a flimsy gesture.

"Exactly what I mean, weird cryptic crap."

[SIZE=1][FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode][COLOR=Teal]
The warming depths of his range instilled a pleasant feeling in Siene?s crimson form. The sun had fallen below the horizon some time ago and the colossal dragon had retired to the molten confines of his volcano further back in the sweeping range he called home.

Easing his bulk into the shifting glow the dragon turned his mind to the coming festival and the events rumored to take place, they pleased him greatly but left smallest twinge of doubt in the far reaches of his vast conscience. Perhaps it was better to remain here in the comfort of his cave rather than getting involved with the petty squabbles that would surely arise.

The dragon closed his eyes and lowered his head into the warming magma, his ears suddenly filled with the amplified raging of the earth below. Siene often bathed in the molten rocks pools dotted throughout his territory, this one being his favorite, and reveled in the clarity they provided his scales, there wasn?t much that could with stand the heat and the caked filth that invariably found its way upon all dragons was melted back to the earth it once was?

[center]~[/center]

?Fourteen!? Talon exclaimed in disbelief. He had arrived at the council chambers a little after noon to find the town slowly slipping away from the order that it was often noted for at this time of year. Over the last week there had been a total of thirty-six dragon attacks, fourteen of which occurred today. Furthermore eleven of these attacks were not carried out by the wild dragons and was expected but were rather the result of annoyed or rebellious ?tamed? dragons in the city?s confines.

?Yes fourteen, and I fear they will only double in number before the end the festivities.? An aging council member of continued to inform Talon of their concerns. There were several other ambassador and respected political members of the town present, all of whom seemed equally concerned with this dire news.

?Are people aware of this, has anyone noticed?? Talon continued his bewilderment, suddenly concerned with thoughts of angry mobs, the radicals that refused to accept he dragons.

?There had been no mention of it yet, the city is large enough for people not to notice but it won?t be long before they do.? The old man continued, the rest of the council away dealing with other pressing matters no doubt.

?Then what is it you want us to do?? Another ambassador stepped forward?

Thus Talon found himself once again tracking across the vast plains to the looming ranges that his companion rested within, his horse slower than a dragon mount but ultimately more expendable should the ancient beast feel hungry upon his arrival.

Talon chuckled as he remembered the first time he had stumbled across Siene, the poor horse he had carried could rival a single tooth, and the dragon couldn?t even chew it if it tried. Pulling his cloak tighter around himself he spurred his steed and hastened towards his ally.[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

[font=Arial][size=2][color=darkred]Reid looked across at the people in his bar with quiet pleasure. Everything was set for the coming festival. The banners where draped, the stores filled with a large amount of food and alcohol for the festival. [/color][/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=2][color=#8b0000]All of the rooms in Reid's inn (the prancing dragon) where full but it didn't stop the constant stream of weary travellers enquiring about the avalibility of rooms. As the sun set the bar started to fill with the guests of the inn and the locals who lived in the surrounding streets. The gentle murmur of people chatting quietly amongst them selves quickly grew into a deafening din.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=2][color=#8b0000]Reid liked this time of year more than any other because the profits produced now where ample to last till the next Dragon Wing Festival. On the day of the festival alone Reid would make nearly half of his income for the following year.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=2][color=#8b0000]He asked one of his barmaids to come over so he could ask her a question "I hope things are going well, no rough treatment"[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=2][color=#8b0000]In return she replied "Only those people over there are being to rough. Could you please throw them out." Reids' reaction was to throw them out informing them that they wouldn't be permitted to enter the bar again during the duration of the festival.[/color][/size][/font]

[COLOR=Navy]Today was the day. The festival started today. Chi rolled out of bed, ready for another day. She changed, grabbed her sword, ocarina and ran outside. Sideria was already awake but Dryoga was still sleeping.

"Today's the day Sideria." Chi said excitedly.
["It's always the same."] Sideria replied.
"Did you have good rest?"
["It was very relaxing."]
"Good. Should I wake Dryoga?" Chi asked.
["No, I'll wake him in a while. Go. You must prepare for the opening ceremony."] Sideria sighed.
"Thanks Sideria. I'll see you at the summoning, make sure Dryoga makes it too." Chi said running off.

Chi ran into the city square and saw everything was ready. Everyone was waiting for the ceremony that would start in 10 minutes. Chi rubbed her hands together. Even though she had done it a lot of times, summoning all of the nearby dragons was nerve-racking. What if she failed, or messed up the song. What would happen? Chi shivered and pushed the thoughts to the back of her mind.

The 10 minutes passed by quickly and Chi stood on the open stage, with lots of people around. Chi put the ocarina to her warm lips and played the melody she had played the evening before but it was more complicated. Soon enough dragons flew above the crowd. Chi saw Sideria, Dryoga and some of the other dragons she had tamed. Everyone "oohed" and "ahhed" at the sky show as the different coloured dragons spun and twirled in the sky. Chi continued to play and played a high note. Signalling the dragons to do acts in the sky. Some dragons blew fire from their mouths and others made glittering images. Dryoga let off some freeze breath and flew with the other dragons. Chi finished and they roared loudly before flying away. Sideria and Dryoga continued to circle above the crowd.

There was a large dish filled with oil on a stand. Sideria flew by and lit it up brightly. Everyone cheered, the fire continued for as long as the festival, which was a week.

Talon announced that the festival begun and everyone cheered. But there was a loud chorus of dragon roars. Chi looked around and saw that the summoned dragons had left. Chi's eyes widened as she saw a large group of raiders in purple on dragons fly over the walls and circled the city square. Chi put two fingers to her mouth and whistled loudly. Sideria circled once more and plummeted in a spiral. Chi got on and Sideria flapped upwards.

Chi put two fingers on her throat and her voice became louder.

"All warriors and mages mobolize!!!" Chi shouted to the screaming crowd.

Chi sent spells at the raiders, trying to knock them from their dragons.

The gates on the ground burst open and foot raiders rushed in, brandishing weapons. Chi growled angrily and threw spells at the ground raiders. Chi whispered to Sideria and Sideria flew close to a raider and Chi sliced at the raider angrily. His purple clothes were soiled with blood. Chi propped herself and kicked him off his dragon. It was a beautiful scarlet coloured immortal.

"Go, but attack no one." Chi told it.

The scarlet dragon nodded and flew away.

"Sideria, you take care of the raiders in the air. I'll be on the ground. Call if you need me." Chi said as she jumped the long distance to the ground.

As she fell she tucked herself into a ball and rolled as she hit the ground, ending up with no damage. She unsheathed her sword and ran into the crowd at the raiders.

She ran one through with her sword before slicing at another. She had noticed that some of the other warriors and/or mages had started to fight and was surprised to see that some of the townspeople were fighting back too.

Dryoga landed on the ground next to Chi.

"Dryoga! Freeze any raiders you see." Chi said.

He nodded and froze a raider that was approaching him.[/COLOR]-------------------------------------------------------------------------
[B]OOC:[/B] There's the beginning of the Plot. So everyone should be around fighting the raiders unless you're a bad guy.

[font=Arial][size=2][color=darkred]Weeks of preperation had finally paid off. Today was to be the start of the week long Dragon Wing Festival. Reid jumped out of bed excitedly, he got dressed quickly going downstairs to rowse the guests. After he had made breakfast for all the guests he went outside to wait for the festival to start. [/color][/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=2][color=#8b0000]The air had the most wonderful scents on it, the smell of cinnamon and freshly cooked fruit. The town was starting to awaken and the streets where filling with brightly dressed people out top enjoy the festival.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=2][color=#8b0000]It was soon time for the festivities to start with the dragon summoning. The tunes wafted up the street towards him and as they did he saw the dragons circling in the air. They each did a stunt special to that type of dragon. Finally one dragon lit a large vat of oil to signify the start of festivities.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=2][color=#8b0000]Just as the flame was lit a large chorus of dragons roaring could be heard. Reid looked skywards and saw people dressed in purple flying over the walls attacking the city. In the time it took for him to look down purple raiders had infact broken throught the gates. [/color][/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=2][color=#8b0000]Reid saw it as his moral duty ot attack the raiders invading his precious city but first he needed to secure some appropriate weapons to fight them. When he returned inside to find some weapons he searched high and low but to no avail. [/color][/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=2][color=#8b0000]Reid stomped unhappily down the stairs before he remebered that above the fire place in the bar there was a longsword in a glass case. He smashed it open he was now indeed ready to attack the invaders.[/color][/size][/font]

[FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode][SIZE=1][COLOR=Teal] The sun was peaking and the air was crisp as the Talon galloped back into the town. His eyes were heavy and his face caked in heavy layers of sweat and grime. He had spent much of last night in the uncomfortable confines of Siene?s cave, after delivering his news the dragon had permitted Talon some time to rest in his abode before his return to High Haven.

Thus Talon found himself hastening across the grassy fields in the hours preceding dawn, eager to return and refresh before the festivities began. Upon his arrival he found that most of the city had risen despite several hours remaining until the Song of Summons was to be performed.

[center]***[/center]

Talon turned from the cozy confines of his home and made for the town square, refreshed and lively once again. The sun had cleared the horizon and was well into its steep ascent when the ambassador joined the milling crowds. Chi, a young dragon tamer whose name seemed to be frequenting the town council meetings over recent weeks, climbed onto the stage, pausing, taking in the sight before raising the elegant instrument to her lips, its enchanting song filling the air with a fabled radiance.

Sure enough the heavy iron hands of the town clock, looking down in all their glory climbed to ten and twelve. Its chimes silenced to prevent the disturbance the ritual?

[center]---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/center]

Siene eased himself onto one of the numerous ridges spread throughout his range, curious, as he always was to view the demeaning festivities the sprawling city held so highly.

Sure enough the offensive notes filled the air, attempting feebly to draw him from his abode, followed shortly by no less than fifty dragons and a dazzling display. Deciding it wasn?t worth his time the dragon began back towards his cave, stopping with the sudden appearance of a small army of specks, several soaring high; maybe this was worth his time.

The sea of ants crashed against High Haven?s masterful walls, sweeping through the half closed gates. The town seemed to be ill prepared for the raid, little stood in the purple clad figure?s way as they raged forth. Siene smiled and settled onto the ridge, amused once more with the dealings of man?[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[size=1][color=indigo]There were at least 5 dragon raiders in the air, at least around where Sideria was. She growled loudly and felt the blue fire start to rise inside of her; a raider started to charge towards her, the dragon he was perched on had smoke coming from it's mouth. Sideria, giving a large beat of her wings dodged a blast of fire and then spun down wards,slamming into the dragons back and crushing the raider. Another blast of fire was blown close to Sideria, making her scales warm, she glared over to see two raiders coming towards her from either side.

Another blast of the fire was thrown at her, instead of dodging it, Sideria let out her own blue fire, which matched evenly against the wild dragons. The other dragon was still coming at her, she was very open for attack right now, she then dove downward, the other dragon fire hit against the other raider. The wild dragon he was on began to attack the one who blasted him, as they engaged in their own fight.

"3 down, 2 to go." Sideria roared as she swooped down and pulled the raiders from the fighting dragon's backs. If they remained fighting here it could cause trouble for the town, Sideria quickly rammed her horn against the leg of one of them, she would just have to move the fight some where else. Once wild dragons start something, don't like to stop it until it's finished.
In anger, the two dragons began to spurt bursts of fire at her, she dodged them and began to fly out into the country area, leading them safely away from the town. She didn't need to look behinder her to know they were following her, she could hear them roaring and blasting fire at her three miles away. She would take them to the mountain range area, that is where she would most likely lose them in chase.

The range came in of sight and Sideria made an extra burst of speed, flying upwards in a spiraling form around one of the mountain peaks. The wild dragons were smarter than she thought, one went left and the other went right in hopes of cutting her off. Sideria flew higher into the sky and the two wild dragons soon met her. Blasts of blue and red fire gleamed through out the mountain tops, Sideria swooping sideways and down wards, dodging all attacks she could, but there were two of them and only one of her.

As she counter attacked one of the dragons the other slammed against her side followed by a burning from his fire. Sideria quickly flew higher above the mountains, she couldn't keep this up much longer. One of the dragons charged at her, Sideria once again met her blue with his red fire. Though before getting a chance to notice the other dragon a sharp pain rang through out her head and she began to fall from the sky, she didn't know what happened, but she was slowly losing consiousness. With a hard thud she landed on an out stretched slope of one of the mountain sides, everything blacked out. [/size][/color]

(Branit runs to Jaht)

Branit: They've broken through the gates!

Jaht: Let me handle that problem. You find every archer, and anyone who can accurately throw a pointy object of some kind, such as spears, pikes, or daggers. Aim for they eyes of the raider's dragons. If the dragons open their mouths, target the insides of their mouths. The wings are also a good target.

Branit: Got it.

Jaht: And make sure a few men stay by the dragon **** pit. I'm sure raiders will sneak in through there. (He runs as fast as he can toward the gates, drawing his two poles as he does. Soon, he's there, and he joins the battle) Don't let them through, boys! We stop them here!

[color=firebrick]

"****!" Kurian took a quick half step back as Syft hurdled to the ground as a ball of flames hit the ground just inches away. Syft twisted himself upright and rolled twice before managing to find a dry spot of earth and brining himself up. Moments after standing, a raider ran in from behind, grasping a long sword firmly in his hands. Kurian had ran off with a weapon in hand after seeing that Syft was standing up to help defend the village. Syft struggled to kick off a raider that had clamped onto his body, trembling at the sound the nearing footsteps of the raider from behind.

"Get off, get [i]OFF[/i]!" Syft screamed while trying to flip the attatched raider over his shoulder. At first there was a hot, burning sting that prickled Syft's entire backside. And then pain. Blood soaked through his cloth and raw pain darted through every nerve that Syft woul imagine that was in his body. The raiders wasted no time in attacking other helpless villagers, leaving Syft to fall to the hard earth alone. Syft cried in pain and bit his long black cloth to keep himself from bawling in absolute terror. His eyes looked up to see fleeting women and children, running in no real directions at all; Get away from the raiders! cried an elderly man as he was brutally knocked down and gutted like a fish. Children were stabbed and the elders were slashed, and between the cries of pain and victory Syft could not comprehend a moment of it.

He could not possibly stand up. His back was still screaming with the ache of ten thousand knives driven into the human flesh. His legs felt dead, his hand were trembling. No, don't throw up. Stop sweating. Stop it. He couldn't stand up. Attijun. 'Attijun!' Syft's mind screeched at him. 'How is he? Is he dead? Have the raiders got him?' His throughts were blurred and barely comprehendable. Syft balled his hand into the dirt and curved his back, trying to ignore the stabbing pain spreading throughout his now frail body. Confusion flew about him everywhere. Syft wondered why he wasn't dead yet. Why didn't anyone see him? No help. Syft screamed.

His screams did not stop after Syft stood up, they continued with the unrefined sound of wrath and fury. He grabbed his the end of his necklace and help it up preciously, its glowing color blinding his mind. A silver pole materialized into his hands, a sharp hook of silver sprouting from a giant red jewel and a burgandy handle at the pole's end. Its jagged end shined in the ironicle sunlight and blue skies, soon to be bloodied with the shrieks of fear and pain. 'Twist back, curve, no-- spin, jab,' The hook was dripping with dark, thick blood. 'Dodge, duck, kick, stick,' A red ball of light formed from the air and blasted into a large raider with enough strenge to make it out from the enemy's back and dissappear into the air as the flesh and blood dropped to the ground. Syft's back pains were nothing compared to the anger clouding his mind and the deadly precision of attacks. Syft kicked awaythe dead corpse of a raider, or was it a innocent townsperson crying for help?

Syft needed to get to Attijun. Now.[/color]

The crashing at the door some 50 yards up ceased, and the traders got up from their numerous hiding places and checked their bodyparts for absences.
"I don't want anything to do with this," said the Boss, climbing out from under his seat, "Get out and take your dragon bait with you."
He thrusted the egg into Kanaye's hands and stormed into a room at the back. Isuji bared a knife to his throat.
"Better do what he says."

Kanaye opened the door a fraction, and scanned the scene of High Haven. The glorious orange sunset was outdone by the fires spreading across the buildings, as several purple dragons and their riders flew overhead. He heard orders being shouted, and a small blue drgaon freezing the raiders with a bizare technique. Kanaye knew he couldn't trust dragons. He silently crept out of the doorway and made for the streets. Suddenly, a large purple dragon landed in front of him, its rider baring a rapier.
"Gimme that egg, or I'll take it by force."
Kanaye couldn't give up his father's legacy to him, even if it was tainted by the evil presence of a dragon. He laid the egg on the ground, and drew his scythe. He could beat this dragon, no problem. With his father's training, he could destroy all dragon-kind. He was suddenly distracted by a feeling at his feet. The egg was now on its side. Kanaye's face turned white when he saw what was happening. A large crack was growing in the side of the egg, a crystral blue snout forcing through...

Dryoga had frozen each and every raider he saw and fought off wild dragons who attacked by freezing their mouthes shut. [I]Where's Chi? And what happened to Sideria? I sense that Chi is okay...or busy at least. I'll see if she knows of Sideria's status.[/I] Dryoga darted over to Chi's location and froze raiders that were about to attack her from her blindside. "Dryoga, thanks for the cover fire," Chi said.

<"No problem. Where's Sideria? I've been through this enter villiage and haven't seen her anywhere."> Dryoga informed Chi telepathically.

"I think she's in trouble. I don't sense that she's conscious...Dryoga, find Sideria and make sure she's in no danger! I had lost contact with her near that mountain."

<"I'm on it!"> Dryoga told her as he took off. <[I]I hope she's okay. If Sideria is hurt I will avenge her![/I]> Dryoga roared loudly as he flapped his wings even harder, flying as fast as he possibly could to find Sideria.

Kurian unsheathed the blade that hung by his side, brandishing the naked steel in his fist. His dark eyes darted between the fearsome raiders and the villagers, most of whom ran screaming from the sight of the ferocious dragons and their masters. Growling deep in his throat Kurian launched himself towards the nearest black clad raider, the wicked edge of his blade cutting deep at the exposed flesh of the distracted man. The man screamed in bloody pain, his cries cut off by Kurian's second strike which severed his head from his neck. Seeing the carnage the dragons wrecked upon the village and its inhabitants Kurian couldn't help but notice the tattered remnants of the festival pennants, celebrating the very monsters whom now threatened the people's very lives.

[i]Dragons[/i] Kurian spat mentally, [i]nothing but trouble and pain[/i].

Lashing out with his deadly blade Kurian cut a swathe through hordes of angry men, the sounds of clashing steel and anguished screams echoing through the blood soaked streets. Feeling a sharp pain in his left shoulder Kurian wheeled upon his foot ripping out the arrow that had impaled itself within his arm, a stream of blood splattering the dusty ground. Bringing his uninjured arm forward Kurian flung his sword in a deadly arch, the blade wheeling and embedding itself within the raider archers chest. With a wet gurgle the man fell backwards, the sword still protruding from his chest like a deadly standard. Setting his heel against the dead man's chest Kurian wrenched his sword from the body, spitting upon the pallid remains.

Raiders were felled under Kurian's heavey blows but the knight paid little attention to the purple clad men. His eyes were set upon the raging dragons, those fetid reptiles who torched the buildings with their firey breath. They would taste the cold steel of his blade and know the oblivion of death by his hand. This was his vow.

[color=dimgray][size=1]Ikki stood at the inn window, watching the action from the inside. He had ran inside the inn after seeing the raiders and dragons. Ikkis heart thumped harder and harder. He squeezed Charm which was cuddled up in his lap. Almost everyone who stayed at the inn was fighting outside accept Ikki. A tear slowly made its way down Ikkis cheek. "I[/size][/color][color=dimgray][size=1][font=Verdana]...hope no one gets hurt..."[/font]Ikki said to himself. Charm comforted Ikki by licking his fingers. After some time, Ikki heard constant banging and slamming on the inn entrance door as if someone were trying to get in. His eyes widened. He thought of the raiders...and imagined if they were at the door. The thought of it, scared the life out of the poor child.[/size][/color]

[size=1][color=#999999][i]Diablo began to roar impatiently and as he did, Talisman stepped out of the Inn and walked to the stables. He was already out and waiting to fight. She could see it in his eyes that his true nature wanted to reveal itself to the world. Aries came out as well and Veritas flew in upon Talisman's shoulder. She looked the three over quickly and nodded.[/i]

"Diablo, I want you to show no mercy. I want you to take the powers of the Raiders' dragons and keep it as your own. Let no other put fear in you. Now go!"

["Understood, milady."]

[i]Talisman got upon Aries' back and they flew towards the Raiders. There, she flew above the heads of the warriors and mages and she was now in front of someone she once knew long ago.[/i]

"Talisman, such a long time it has been, no?"

"Not too long ago, Rico."

"Still. Do you wish to come back to me or are you here to beg? Ahahahaha!"

"I beg for no one and nothing, Rico. It is time we end this. Here and now."

"Whatever you say, Sorceress!"

[i]Rico flew back a few feet and his dragon let out an immense power of fire towards Talisman and her black stallion. He moved quickly. Talisman was not amused. Dark fire from her hand had appeared. She looked to it and smiled a devious smile. Rico feared the hand.[/i]

"I see that you remember this. A power I had achieved while being in your presence."

[i]Her hands began to grow brighter and they were suddenly purged into a sphere. Rico stared at this for a moment before realizing that this will be hurled at him and at the same moment, Talisman had sent forward a black sphere for fire and he was burned to death.[/i]

"No one speaks to Talisman that way and lives to tell the tales. Anyone else want to challenge me? Talisman the Black Sorceress?"

[i]The Raiders looked to each other, but one came out of the group and challenged her. He rode upon a large, navy blue dragon who had a scar on his neck. Diablo appeared beside Aries and Talisman got upon his back, awaiting the fight.[/size][/color]

[COLOR=Navy]Chi growled angrily, her violent side had made an appearance. Chi ran around slashing wildly at enemies, making sure not to attack any of the citizens that were so valiently fighting for their city.

Chi was worried on the inside. What had happened to Sideria. She couldn't feel her any more. Chi prayed that she wasn't dead. Chi shook the thoughts from her head and assured herself that Dryoga would find Sideria.

Chi made it through the crowds and saw a group of raiders banging on the door of the inn. She wouldn't let them in, she was aware that there may have been tired travellers that hadn't decided to go to the opening ceremony and they could have been inside.

She ran up to them and bowled them over.

"I won't let you get them!!" Chi yelled furiously.

Chi punched one in the nose before spinning and kicking one that was advancing on her from behind in the stomach. Chi did a high round house kick at one and threw a raider that had a knife in his hand.

Chi opened the door gently and saw a young boy inside holding a dragon. Chi recognised them as Ikki and Charm.

"Ikki, are you alright?" Chi asked as she looked around the door.
"Yes...I was afraid to go outside." Ikki murmered.

Chi walked over and stroked Charm comfortingly.

"It's ok, but you might want to go somewhere safer instead of this room." Chi explained.

Ikki nodded and stood, holding onto Charm. He looked at her before running into another room. Chi smiled and exited the inn, she cast a protective spell over the inn and ran off to find more raiders. They would pay for interrupting the first day of the Dragon Wing Festival.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=Teal][SIZE=1][FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode] Despite numerous leagues separating his range from High Haven?s mighty walls the echo Siene?s fear instilling roar could was heard by all those still enough to listen. Three of them had flown brashly into his territory, two chasing a third, smaller wretch. Three feeble beasts had dared dally in the air above his ridge; three feeble beasts had fallen, two to his jaw, larger than the spans of their ?matured? bodies, and the smallest to another.
It was this tiny creature Siene now clasped gently in his claw, it was young, still nigh of a century, and knew not of his presence. How cold he possibly murder such an innocent thing in cold blood. Settling once again onto the broad ridge the colossal dragon turned his eye towards the chaos shroud city, waiting patiently for the delicate life, held in its entirety with naught more than his mighty claw, to stir?
[center]____________________________________________[/center]

Talon rolled through the dust, frantically avoiding the chaotic blows of raiders and townsfolk alike. As the Song of Summons had fallen to the gentle silence that he had grown accustom to hearing the city had broken into chaos. The Town Square had erupted into utter turmoil.
Swarming dragons had fallen from the sky, purple clad figures leapt from sewer grates, townsfolk had scattered and the opening ceremony was left in ruins. Talon darted through the conclusion to a seemingly quiet edge of the square, eager to quit the hectic scene.
The ambassador had read of them, mediated and even begun the process of restoring an entire village after them, but never had he been caught in the middle of a raid, such a daring one too. He knew of little game enough to attempt an attack against a city as large as High Haven. What could have spurned such an atrocious massacre?
Talon dived from a with the toppling of yet another of the decorative towers that had been erected for the festival, thankful once for his life as he flittered through the dust?

[center]____________________________________________[/center]

The dark crimson scales of Siene?s ancient face contorted ever so slightly into what could only pass as a grin. People and dragons alike filled the air above High Haven?s vast expanse, their tiny forms barely distinguishable from the range, were it not for his century honed senses Siene would have had no indication to the battle raging over the city?s fate.
It wasn?t even a formidable foe, surely the mages would rally against them, the raiders couldn?t possibly win this fight, they had once again taken a foe too great for their feeble abilities, as all men did.
Siene hardly registered the movements of the tiny Sideria as he continued with his musings, almost startled with her forgotten presence. The impossibly small creature seemed to cower with the opening of its eyes, scarcely able to comprehend the looming bulk that now held it in its claws.
The ancient behemoth?s lipless jaws parted only to confuse poor Sideria further with utterances its in gibberish. It cowered further into his claw, bewildered with a sight that surely could not be.
Siene himself took several moments to realize that this dragon was far too young to remember the ancient tongues, let alone the regional dialects of the southern sea from whence he had come. He had even managed to teach the fickle man, Talon, to understand his divine language, though its pronunciation was beyond the simple intricacies of his body, but there were few old enough to remember a time when such teachings were common his guest surely recognized little if none of it.
Focusing his mind the colossal dragon drew forth the subtle magic he had almost forgotten and focused them upon the tiny dragon: ?Greetings young one, I am Siene purge of the north. Who may I ask encroaches upon my domain??
Filled with a sudden rush of dismissed rumors and bedtime stories Sideria realized just whom she had chanced upon, though the name was new his size and location matched the tales. ?Sideria.? The dragon?s writhing mind answered back, tiny in Siene?s vast conscience.
Filled with a sudden benevolence Siene lowered Sideria to the ridge and began his acquaintance with an unexpected, possibly unknowing, friend?[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Light seemed to spill from the hatching egg, as Kanaye gazed upon it in both awe and anger. The raider behind him grinned.
"This aughta pay for a vacation or two!"
He made a lunge at the egg but Kanaye got there first. In a fell swoop, his home-made scythe cut through armour and skin in a manner that was unexpected for its creation. The now armless raider turned on him, his teeth gritting in fury. With a roar, he lunged at Kanaye with a broadsword, but he missed by far. Kanaye saw his chance and span so that his back was facing the raider, then span again and in a catastrophic backhand swipe, cleaved the raiders head from his shoulders. The dragon, stooping over the torso of his ex-master, roared in anger, and a spurt of fire raced towards Kanaye. He barely ducked in time, before the ground where he was standing was cast into flames. The crystal blue dragon, shining in the firelight, now hovered at the face of the giant dragon.
{"Go away!"}
The dragon stared in confusion, before lunging its open jaws at the newborn. There was a sudden crash, and Kanaye was forced to the ground in a shower of debris which used to be the house across the street. He opened his eyes to see the indigo dragon, a mamoth in comparison to Kanaye's current opponent, in a death grip with the purple dragon. There was a shower of embers as it suddenly brought flames down upon its victim. When the smoke cleared, it lay on the scorched earth, a halberd gouged deep into its back. It had won it's final battle.
["Understand, human"] it's great eyes were turned towards Kanaye, ["I didn't want it to be this way."]
Kanaye felt a deep pain in his heart, which was just as suddenly overcome with anger at the dragon which had almost destroyed him.
["You are the only one I can trust now. You must look after my son."]
Kanaye's eyes widened in disbelief. How could a dragon trust him.
["Your father would have wanted you to do this. Make him proud"]
And with that, Kanaye's arch-enemy for the last thirty minutes, died.

Kanaye hid in the inn in the savaged main square. His breath was ragged and his wounds were deep. There had been many casualties in the fighting thus far. Even his beloved dog Kuma lay as dragon-feed outside the inn, fighting to protect him. He had no friends, nobody would talk to him. He had so may unanswered questions. A tear streaked down his face, and he buried his face in his hands.
{"Don't say you have no friends."} Kanaye resented the appearance of the young dragon.
"I thought I told you to go away."
{"Now, why would I want to do that? You're my family now."}
The dragon's mindless optimism cut into Kanaye like a dagger.
{"Arn't you going to give me a name"}
Kanaye sighed.
"Fine" He thought up a list of candidates, before finding one that suited the dragon best.
"Alright." he said, "You can be called Laertes"
The crystal blue dragon smiled...