OtakuBoards

How did you get your user name?

JuliasPeach

this topic is about how you got your user name tell me how you chose your name and why?

mine JuliasPeach has two resons

one is that it stands for Julia's Peach, my name is Peach and My girlfriend's name is
Julia :love:

two is that Julias is like Orange Julias a place that sells fruit shakes!! (Yum!!)
so instead of Orange Julias its Peach Julias which is Julias Peach!!!
Muhahahahaha! :D

sooo how did you get your name??? :)

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[size=1][color=darkred]Well, you're probably not going to believe this, but I was playing UpWord one day and the letters I had on my rack spelt out this username! Amazing, huh?!

No. In all seriousness, I was researching religion in... Yr 8 I think, and came across this name, which is another name for Papa Ghede who is the uuh... Voodoo God of Death. Cheery, huh?

I just thought it was a seriously cool name. I later found out that characters from both the Phantom and James Bond have been called "Baron Samedi". So, it's all good. I'd like to think I've given the old fellow a bright, upbeat makeover.[/size][/color]

[COLOR=Indigo][SIZE=1][FONT=Arial Narrow]Through a combination of deceit, intrigue and ninjas...

Umm... hehe, I actually typed that? Anyway, how did I get the name CrH... hmm...
I recall being fond of the nickname 'Random Hero' from that ****** show Jackass and tried to register for MSN Chat with it. And it was taken so I added Completely. Then I came here and my name was too long so Charles changed it to its abbreviated form after I realized 'CompletelyRando' wasn't appealing.

~CrH~[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

My first name, Dondar, I thought was just this relatively cool name that i came up with. Little did I know, it was actually the name of a planet in the Diadem series. My current username was something that is 100% original. Although it may be based off of Rezo (From Slayers)

I got mine from watching too much of the history channel..... :shifty:

Heh, actually I just used my first and last initials and added the number two.
Yup, thats pretty much it. No deeper, phylisophical meaning here.

Why I chose to do this? I don't really know, guess I didn't want to take the time to think of anything creative. :D

My name is a sign from God....

just kidding. I got my name "dposse" because my real first name starts with a "D" and my real last name starts with a "P" and also my 8th grade english teacher gave me the nickname of "posse" so i combined the two into "dposse"! :cool: I like it.

Guest ScirosDarkblade
I thought of it while trying to come up with an original character. For some reason the word Sciros (pronounced SAI - ROHS) just got stuck in my head (although I didn't take it from anywhere, as the only "sciros" that exists besides me is some stupid type of apple and a variation on a spelling of some Greek island (usually scyros I think)).

Sciros worked for a username, but not nearly everywhere because it's not that long. Also there's no last name. So I added on "Darkblade," not so much as a last name but as a title. Sciros [the] Darkblade. Sciros, Darkblade. Sciros Darkblade. It rolls off the tongue easily.

I'm Sciros Darkblade everywhere at this point. He has become my online pseudonym. Just google "Sciros Darkblade" and you'll find nothing but random crap by me. Even if you just type in "Sciros" that'll happen.

Boredum, what else?

Well, me and my bestist friends all have this thing we do because I know this is childish, but we roleplay off the computer, I'm the only one who usually doesn't change into some bizzare outfit. Anyway, I became obsessed with the name Sakura, and my nickname (given to be by a member who hasn'rt posted since she signed up, who is also my friend) called my Ryu a few times, no clue why though, so eventually it went from Lfy of the Dragons, to Hotaru, to Ryu Sakura, and now my nickname to my friends is Moose, or Fuji-Iro Moose.

[color=darkviolet]My parents actually named me Chibi Horsewoman! :laugh: Riiiiiiight and they named my brother Hortense Esmeralda.

Well, maybe I got it through the voices in my head. Or maybe not.

Actually the origins for this name go back a ways to 2000 and TAATN a now dead site with a message board that's still semi-active.

My original name was Sailor Ruby Horse after a villain I created for a fanfic because I wanted to make more animates. Then I took off the Sailor and kept Ruby Horse.

I actually kept Ruby Horse until 2001 (early) when Lincoln started calling me Chibi Meg. You know, you're five inches shorter than a guy and he starts calling you derogatory names! The nerve :flaming: :laugh:

Well, the horsewoman part comes from the fact that I've been doing English riding since I was ten. I'm a decently accomplished horsewoman.

Okay, now you have my story and my pinkies are cramped and I'm stuck on my second chapter.

Oh and it's late I need sleep![/color] :sleep:

[COLOR=Blue][SIZE=1][FONT=Arial]Well I got my username because it is my username at myotaku. The reason why I choose it is because it is well known and I though it would draw people into my site and it did I am like one of the top 100 people there. well thats how I got mine.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[CENTER][COLOR=Blue][SIZE=1][FONT=Arial]50 out[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]

Seeing as how I didn't reply in the last 10 "your username" threads, I figure I might as well join-in on this one.

First of all, the rumors are false. I'm [i]not[/i] manic depressive. I don't care [i]what[/i] my therapist says...

Well, Manic is a character in the short-lived, very unpopular Sonic the Hedgehog cartoon, [i]Sonic Underground[/i]. In that show, Sonic met his long-lost triplet brother (Manic the Hedgehog) and sister (Sonia the Hedgehog). They formed a rebel force to stop the evil Robotnik, while secretly under the guise of a local rock band called Sonic Underground. Manic was the drummer, had super-fast hands, used to be a pick-pocket, has ear piercings, and spikey hair. He was just a well-designed character and my favorite on the show.

maikiratori comes from..... Oh yeah I remember... (long day) My user name comes from one of my favorite characters from one of my very first (good) fanfics... Her name varies because when I first created her, I couldn't decide on how to spell her last name (Kiritori/ Kiratori) and just so you all know Mai is pronounced like the month of _MAY_!! In my fanfic she was InuYasha and Sesshomaru's 1/2 sister and 1/2 goddess... Hehe.. Those were the days... Anyway...I was having a hard time thinking of something no one else had thought of, so I did my charrie's name... I also have another variation... Mai Kira-mura... But I didn't like that one... Most people said it incorrectly and that made me angry so I stopped... Oh well... C'est la vie!

[SIZE=1][B]It fell from the sky and then I knew it should be my username!... not. It's just my name, nothing more. Though some username's I have (Like Fire Warrior and Lego Legolas) are made so I can fool people into thinking I'm not Vicky... it doesn't work >.<[/SIZE][/B]

[color=indigo][size=1][font=comic sans ms]Well, my name used to be 'Beelzebumon', named after the coolest Digimon character ever. (You know he is). However, I decided I wanted a general name that wasn't limited to a specific genre or anime. I went withwhat i wanted my e-mail address to be: 'DeathBug'. It's just something I made up at random. Sounds cool and irreverent at the same time.

(By the way, 'DeathBug' is spelled as one word, with the b capitalized in the middle. Not everyone spells it right.)[/color][/size][/font]

[FONT=Century Gothic][I][COLOR=Green][SIZE=3]My username actually has a strange story behind it.

When I went to visit the principal building of the UN in New York, I came across this book of how to say "Peace" in all the known languages to man, and I cheked it out, since I'm really into ancient Egyptian culture, I inmediately looked for peace in Egyptian, and found out it's pronounced "Hetep".

I went home, and, started wacthing a program in The History Channel (I know I'm strange, because, I actually like it! :wigout: ) and, found out there that "Soul" or "Essence" is called "Ka" in ancient Egypt, so I combined those two, and came out with my wierd username, HetepKa (Meanign "Peace Soul" or "Peace Essence" I suppose...) !!! :D
I know I'm strange, but I'm proud of it!! :D
HetepKa[/SIZE][/COLOR][/I][/FONT]

I got mine from a dream... sort of. I always dream about a guy named P, and the story that happens around him. Then I'm thinking, why dun I give him a real name, and suppose make it something cute. Then wolla, Pipopu!

[size=1][color=navy]I think I posted the reasons behind my username on a similar thread waaay back in v6... anyway, my original name was Oradriel. It was just another random angel name I made up, since I've had some sort of angel obsession after watching Evangelion. After a while, I got rather bored with my name, so I went online, looked around for a site that has a list of all the angels, and looked for an angel that had some connection to evangelion, but preferably in a subtle way. I eventually found the name Metatron, which was the twin brother of Sandalphon, an angel that appears in Evangelion. So I just decided to use that name. Recently, I've been browsing those angelic dictionary sites again and some more research into the name tells me that Metatron is one of the higher ranking angels, so I'm quite happy with that. [/size][/color]

Well Rhiannon is a Celtic name, and I am WAY into all things Celtic (my heritage and all that jazz), and after using it as an RPG character name a while back it just kinda stuck. Sometimes its Rhiannon Falcon, but in this case I just used Rhiannon.

Guest Saetayoru
I got my name from my Inu-Yasha rpg character, Saeatayoru. It all hapened a couple months ago when I was orginally making her. I was on a english to japanese dictionary. Personally, I am a night time person.... so I put in 'night'. One of the words I got was 'saetayoru' meaning 'cool and crisp night'. That seemed prefect for my character, so that is what I named her. Now I use that name for everything, I don't want to use my real name for.

[COLOR=Gray][FONT=Courier New]Hmm...a thread like this. Never thought they'd leave one of these open. Ah well, I guess I'll join the fun.

I don't remember exactly when this name came about--all I know is I used to be a major DB/Z buff (GT still equals sacrelige, btw.^_~) and I quite like it.

My favourite characters were Goten and Videl: hense, Godel. : /
I deeply apologize if any one was expecting any kind of exciting story. : (

Come to think of it, I am "Godelsensei" on OB. People say they want to learn from me, whatever in Hell's name that means. I just thought I'd stick it on for fun...(if you don't know the real story, you don't need to._ _U It always makes me feel like an ***.)

So, everywhere I go, I am Godel. Unless it's already taken, in which case I will be Xeh of some form or another, or Xanaphia.

It wasn't until a year ago that I learned of Kurt Godel. I think I may read up on what it was, exactly, that he did. Some day. : )[/FONT][/COLOR]

In my fifth grade year, AIM suddenly became popular among my friends and I. The biggest fashion was to create a screenname that had some connection to the letters of your name. A reluctant Catherine, I thought it appropriate to become Cahoots, which smacked to my prepubescent self of playful secrecy. 34 was simply a number that I tacked on to distinguish myself from the multitude of other Cahootses (apparently they exist) and yet now makes infinite amounts of sense to me as a fan of Gundam Wing yaoi. Serendipitous, I think.