OtakuBoards

How did you get your user name?

JuliasPeach

Guest Makaveli
My username is from Tupac Shakur. It was his alias now I use it since I'm not creative enough to think of my own. "Makaveli" comes from the name "Machiavelli" who was an Italian philosipher.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[COLOR=DarkRed][FONT=Times New Roman]The name Sephiroth was not my original Username, I first joined under the name Safer Sephiroth since the name Sephiroth was taken

Sephiroth is the bad guy in the game, Final Fantasy 7

Safer Sephiroth is his ultimate form

Anyway, when the boards went down due to certain reasons, everyone had to register again, and since I was part of the OB staff back then I got to make my name earlier than anyone else ;)

Thus the name Sephiroth was chosen (the original Sephiroth had 0 posts :-/ )[/FONT][/COLOR]

I got mine from a Video game I regret to say I liked, even in my younger years: Snowboard kids. My favorite character was Slash, but even then, I thought Slash was corney. I added -er, and thats how Slasher was born. Ok, please quit laughing.

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]How I got Mamma Vash-- I enjoy Trigun, and my friends know me for doing a lot of silly things to break tension. A friend commented that I look like an anime character and am always running around so the Vash portion came first. But to be true to me, it needed some modification." Mamma " was added as I am a bit older ( how much is classified information !), and another friend had nicknamed me Mamma years ago for my Italian cooking, especially biscotti. So Mamma Vash got started ![/FONT]

[size=1][color=#999999]Well, I first had the Username KiaraStarr, Kiara because if you arrange it to Arika and change the the beginning letter and the k to an E and a C you get Erica, and Starr is because I like it. Also, I changed it to Arika, which is just a wordplay on my real name. Nifty, eh? I would've used something else, but I'm not really into usernames. I just choose what comes to mind.[/size][/color]

I've been trying to avoid this thread, but oh well. The temptation was too great.

My screen name is rather very simple to understand.

Japan....the country of Japan

I've seen tons of anime and I couldn't choose on just one anime to have my screen name be after. So....Japan I choose. Not only do I love anime, but I love everything else about Japan. The language, food, culture, you name it.

the "_86" was just to personalize the "Japan"

and the 86 stands for 1986.

Eversince I joined back in 2001, I never went through any screen name changes. I never have, and I don't plan on starting anytime soon. Japan_86 is here to stay.

Mztik_Gohan10 - Came from my obbession with DragonBall and the number 10. I was younger back then :smirk:

Psyco - Was obbsessed with this anime about this psycho. Took me about a month to notice I spelt "Psycho" wrong :rolleyes:

Hatake Kakashi - Comes from my obbsession of Naruto and Master Kakashi and all his funnyness. Man I have alot of obbssesions...

I loved the movie The Matrix and I thought "Hey that would be a cool last name, Matrix". Then one day I was watching a cartoon called Reboot (okay I know you all remeber the great Reboot cartoon!) and one of the charaters had that as a last name, and hence for once I was right. Merlin has been with me since pre-school. I even wouldn't responed to others for a couple years unless they called me Merlin! The first stories that where ever read to me where about Merlin and how great of a wizard he was. Arthur had the Excaliber but could that P.O.S. beat Merlin's magic. I think not

Peace Love Dope
Miquel Anthony Cremeans

[COLOR=Purple]I chose the name doll because the name just sorta became what most people call me. For a long time people said that I was like a porclin doll because I didn't talk I just stood there, listened to others, watched others, and looked preety. So eventually they started calling me Doll. Then one day I decided to name my first and by far, best roleplaying character, Doll. And then I geuss my name just switched from Deidra to Doll. LOL

Scincerly, Your vampire: Doll

[size=1][color=#2f4f4f]Well, when I first signed up to OB, I was under the user ID 'DarkOrderKnight", Some of the older member might remember my prior name, some others because it's still my AIM handle. At that point I was into my satanic phase, not where I was a satanist, but where I couldn't get enough info about them. If facinated me.

I started writing a short story, which I thought was good but after reading it just a few weeks ago found it was horrid, about a secret order in the Satanic Church called, go figure, The Dark Order. It was an interesting little thing, but I quickly stopped my obsession when my dad found a copy of the Satanic Bible in my room that I had gotten from the library. He went nuts, but chose to not tell my mom.

I can't quite remember when I changed my name, I think it was the second time the staff opened up the option of name changes, but I do know it was difficult. So many people knew me as DoK, not to mention I'd gotten rather attatched to it myself, it was genuinely hard to make the switch to being KnightOfTheRose.

I find roses to be extremely beautiful flowers, not to mention dangerous, I just had to imprint some of that mesmirizing beauty onto myself. I have several dried roses in my room, as well as a nice patch of wild roses in my yard.

And in case there is any misconception, it happens frequently, I am a guy.[/size][/color]

Hey since people were getting into there other names mine are quite funny ^-^ (to me any way)

Plume- my first name here like 5 years ago (when this site used to be called Pokecheats.com, did ya know that?) and it was just the last part of my fav pokemon vilePLUME see?

V Plume- just like before just more added...

CellaPhome- now this is funny :D my old friend when he was like 9, called cell phones cella phomes and he didn't know that was wrong O_o and i just thought that was so funny i made it a name for my self! :laugh:

Peach- my nickname that everyone calles my (some people don't even know my real name)

and now i'm JuliasPeach!!!! YAY *clap clap clap*

My screen name is one of my many nicknames. It is also Meeker, a language my brother and I made up. My most used nickname is Elle, short for Kelly, my name. Elle also means "teal" in Meeker. Ellester means "teal person". So, yeah... My screen name is "teal person." yay! :D oh- the 41 is my address number. pitiful. I know.

my nicknames include:
Elle
Elle-yin (teal gem)
Ellester
Kell

-Elle

[color=indigo]Hmm, yet another one of these threads. . . . Well, what the heck, might as well explain it one more time.

First off, "Desbreko" is the last name of my online screen name. The full name is Drake Desbreko. No, I don't have some weird fetish with the letter D, I just liked the sound of it.

I got the first name while trying to think up a name of a character for an RPG here on OtakuBoards. My mind ended up wandering until I came to thoughts of that old Shadowrun game on the SNES, and how there was some character in that game named Drake. Also, the GBA game Advance Wars had been released not too long before this, and one of the CO's names in that game is Drake. So I decided to use that name for my character, and it just sort of stuck.

As for the last name, there's actually a bit more behind Desbreko. According to the Hyrule Encyclopedia on Zelda.com, "Desbrekos are huge skeletal fish with sharp teeth. They have no stomachs to fill, but they nevertheless enjoy inflicting pain on the living." Nice, eh? Really, I was just looking through the encyclopedia for a Zelda-related name, and I happened to come across that. After a while I decided to use it in conjunction with the name Drake, and thus my online persona Drake Desbreko was born.

If you're wondering why I usually just go by Desbreko, though, it's pretty much because "Drake Desbreko" is a bit long. Also, the name Drake is quite a bit more common. I mean, how many other people do you that use the name Desbreko? Other than some idiot who stole the name on AIM before I got to it, I haven't found anyone. (Try searching for "desbreko" on [url=http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=desbreko&btnG=Google+Search]Google[/url] and see what you find, heh). The Desbreko isn't exactly a well-known Zelda enemy, so it's not too likely that it'll become wide-spread, either.

Oh, and a cookie to anyone besides mods (that means you, Sara :p) that actually remembers the name I used here on OtakuBoards before I had James change it to Desbreko. [img]http://www.angelfire.com/ex/desbreko/Smiley-Cookie.gif[/img][/color]

Guest RayWing Blitz
[FONT=Courier New]Well, mine is quite original. I needed a screename desperately, and so I asked my friend to ask me with it. She e-mailed me a list of different usernames, and one was RayWing Blitz. I personally LOVE the username and all of my online names on other websites are off of this one, such as "Blitzy". And yes, for your info. I am a girl! Many mistake me for a guy, since the name isn't all that feminine, like PinKitty or something. Eww. :confuse2:
- RayWing Blitz[/FONT]

well, when i was first searching for an email address (yeah sounds kinda cheesy or sumthin) i came across a guy whos screenname was psychofalcon16. so, liking this name so much, i evolved it into psychofalcon114 as my email, which in turn evolved into my nickname of Falkon, which i have carrid since 7th grade. (I am currently in 9th grade)

Hmm... *thinks* I came up with this name compleately by random when writing a Yu-Gi-Oh! fanfic. When the fic flopped, I decided that I liked the name so much, it became my user alias! I tried to make it sound ancient-egyptianish. ~*^___^*~

I got mine from my friends.
Because i'm blonde they nicknamed me bimbo, tho im not actually thick.
The 69 bit was added by me because its my fav position! :D
lol
It's 69 because i couldnt think of a different number. how boring is my story!! :sleep:

Guest HunterStryker83
:cool: :blowup: [COLOR=Blue][FONT=Century Gothic]I got mine by combining two old names I've used and my year of birth:

Hunter+Stryker+1983= HunterStryker83

That's the name I'm sticking with![/FONT][/COLOR]

Well, there are really two parts to my name (:dissapointed: and I don't just mean the words :dissapointed:).
FIRST- -I was called Sam (samwise gamgee) by my first real crush, for always carrying rope or wishing I had. You need rope people! Anyways, the name stuck. Also, after reading the many J.R.R. Tolkien books out there, I realized he is definitely my favorite character. 'sides, thats a fricken awsome name!!!
SECOND- -When I [i]naturaly[/i] signed up with this name here a version change was due. After I signed up but before I replied to the confirmation e-mail, a day or two's time, the version change took place. The account was lost, frozen, locked, whatever word you want to use, it simply did't work. The e-mail was void, and the name was reserved, so I could not sign up again with it. I simply took the nearest thing.

[COLOR=DarkOrange][FONT=Comic Sans MS]"Ozymandias" is a poem on the fact that what you do in life isn't going to last forever. I liked the word, and I thought that what fits not lasting forever better than the internet? And "Jones" I added because it's funny when you mix exotic and ordinary.

Then I stupidy shortened it for OB. Boy, was that dumb.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[color=hotpink][size=1]Well, let's see here:

In August of 2002:
[quote name='Queen Asuka']Queen Asuka. Well it all started one day when I decided that I was going to be Queen of the World and Anna was going to be Empress. And Asuka was my favorite anime character and Misato was hers so our nicknames were (and still are) Queen Asuka and Empress Misato. BUT mine became my user name and I love being called QA, Asuka, Queenie, and all that good stuff, so I'm really happy with my user name. But my real name...is Tori.. I don't like it all the much but oh well....[/quote]

And in January 2003:
[quote=Queen Asuka]Me and Anna used to argue over who was going to take over the world. I said I was going to be Queen of the World and she said she was going to be Empress of the World. We are also big into Evangelion and since I look like Asuka and she looks like Misato, we were Queen Asuka and Empress Misato. About that time I joined the OB.

After a while, I hated my name, but then I realized how much I loved being called Queen, Queenie, QA, and stuff like that. I just think it's so cute. And I'm the Queen of Plushies. So it's all good. ^_^[/quote]

And I don't think my reasoning or story has changed very much since then, so yeah.[/color][/size]