OtakuBoards

How did you get your user name?

JuliasPeach

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I got mine because i was watching an old japanese movie but i dont remember the name of it. While i was watching it sayed that the main character was a drifter and throught the movie he was killing all these people ao i thought Deadaly Drifter and now i use for all the games i play sites and deffintily Counterstrike

My user name is my nickname. I use some sort of panda-type name online. I love giant pandas and collect all things panda. I've had this nickname for several years and only my closest friends call me Panda in real life. It is a nickname my hubby started to call me when we first met. One of his favorite things to draw is me as a panda. It's a really cute panda too. If you want to see me as a panda check out my website. He made the opening dancing panda animation for me.

All my online friends call me Panda. There are alot of other people online who love pandas so getting Panda as a s/n is very difficult. I was very happy to get Panda as my user name here. Lucky me!

I believe I also explained my name back in v6, but I have no problem with doing it again. :-)

During my days of Dungeons and Dragons I used the same name over and over. It was a copyrighted name of Raistlin Majere. My band director, whom is a distinguished DnD player I might add, told me to get a new goddamn name. Those were his exact words.

So I thought about it for a moment. At the time I had this Russian thing going on, so I decided on Dmitri for the first name.

Thought a moment more, and decided since my favorite unit in Starcraft was, in fact, the Dragoons, I made the last name of Dragoon.

From there on I used that name quite abit. And am now in the process of writing a biography for that character, which you can see on my Fictionpress site. *Link in Signature*

Far from complete, but that is the story behind loveable Dmitri. Though, not many know about me I don't think, since I live in Adventure Arena, and can come out for only short amounts of time before I start to lose air. Which is by the way Nitrogen.

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]my user name comes from the anime Weiss Kreuz, which happens to be my FAVORITE, and from a particular person, Yohji "Balinese" Kudou.

i love Yohji's [i]seiyuu[/i], Shinichirou Miki :love: , and i love the affect Yohji always has, as if nothing in the world matters but having a good time. so i chose this name in hopes of becoming more like my Yotan.

Of course, NekoBalinese is my AIM name, and Balinese is my MyO name =^_^= Balinese is a beautiful type of cat... so soft and silky... i want one! *purrrrr*[/FONT]

How I got my name...well, my last girlfriend told me I acted a hell of a lot like a character from A game called Evergrace for PS2. So, ever since, that's what she and all my friends called me.

Stomu came from an anime called Almighty Birdie. The main character also acted a lot like me. I already had Darius as a nickname at the time, so they made it my last name.

So, low and behold, I am Darius Stomu.

[COLOR=Navy][SIZE=1]Well 2 of my friends were new members of otakuboards at the time, one's user name was Krillen and the others was Pressure and they both suggested I join. I joined and was looking for an original name no one would have and I had recently purchassed the first few episodes of BlueGender (it wasn't on Adult Swim at the time) and decided it seemed like a cool name. Im really not that big a fan of the series I just liked the name at the time. [/SIZE] [/COLOR]

[COLOR=Gray][SIZE=1][FONT=Century Gothic]
Got me name from my Pokemon reputation.

G/S/B Master stands for, Gold/Silver/Blue master. If it chronology orger in initial it would've been B/S/G, but G/S/B sounds better XD. A more extended version would be Gold Version/Silver Version/ Blue Version Master, since I had unearthly knowledge of each version. If you were at the era of my messed up sentences, and you understood it, you would say that I was a Pokemon God.

It would've been R/Y/B/G/S/Ru Master, but HELL no. Too long.

I'm thinking of changing it to [strike]Shinmaru[/strike], but nah, I was thinking of changing to Makiyu, Zabuza, or MechaBeast. My 3 aliases in the world. Either that, or something else. Like Shinyu XD. Or [strike]Johnny Tremaine[/strike]

[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Mine's my name- Dan L, where L is for Lucking.

Though my old username, Deus Ex Machina, has a slightly longer story behind it.

Basically, I played this game called "Deus Ex". Pretty much no-one knew about it at the time, to the best of my knowledge. No one in England anyway. I always thought the name was pretty cool- but I didn't know what it meant. I looked it up in the dictionary and the closest I could find was "Deus Ex Machina", which roughly means "an unexpected solution to a seemingly unsolvable problem, either in fiction or history", or "God from the machine". I thought both sounded pretty cool so when I signed up at OB again (after a brief, three week OB v2 stint as "Dan Lucking", where I basically insulted everyone, but Thimoc-one of the most notorious spammers on OB, I think- turned me around by rating me with 5 stars, as was the system in those times. v2 was gone when I came back though after the great series of events which led up to it's demise, which I was conveniently not around for, so I had to re-sign up. Wow. This has been a long bracket. Seems a shame to part with it now. Reluctnatly I bid thee farewell, O bracket o' mine) with the name "Deus_Ex_Machina". After about a year-probably about the same time that I became a Christian-I got the underscores removed, and then after a while I switched to Dan L as I figured that name didn't have so much of an ego problem (well, along those lines anyway.. seriously).

So yeah. That's the story of my previous name..

Well... Its like this:

I like T*Witches. Neat series. And so when reading it, I found Ileana's email adress([email protected], not a real one), and thought, Hey! Cool! So I added 04 onto the end, and viola! ^^; Or vwala... :sweat: Ileana's so insistant about being called 'goddess' instead of witch. ^^

[QUOTE=JuliasPeach]two is that Julias is like Orange Julias a place that sells fruit shakes!! (Yum!!)
so instead of Orange Julias its Peach Julias which is Julias Peach!!!
Muhahahahaha! :D [/QUOTE][size=1]Really? Oh, good, because each time I see your name, that's what I think of. ^_^

NeoNabishen, shikamaru, tursi, and Maxy...please put a bit more depth into your posts. OtakuBoards is discussion-oriented, etc. ^_~

'Sara' is my mundane alter-ego; the simpler half of my awesome, double-lived, superhero self. I use it everywhere--school, home, with friends, and online. I don't dare use my true name for anything anymore, for it is too close to the moniker by which the world knows me, and the truth would endanger both myself and my loved ones.

(You're friends with a superhero, ain't that nifty?)[/size]

Guest cloricus
I was out in the field one day shooting cows with my .22 when the letters eps just came into my head, I was like 'wow, eps' and 'just wow... eps' until it got so annoying I got a 30 and shot the annoying cow that was making the eps sound over and over.
^^ That's the god honest truth governor! ...Also would you like a shoe shine? :)

The name Xeryus comes from an aftershave made by Givenchy. Why would I name myself after a bottle of expensive aftershave? I'll tell you.

About two years ago I was a hardcore gamer and would attend tournies to all sorts of beat 'em ups, 3D and 2D, but I needed like a nickname to post on the forums, so I grabbed the closest thing next to me, which happened to be the bottle of aftershave, and copied it down. The name kinda stuck amongst all my friends and rarely do I get called by my real name these days :(.

The "Weapon" part comes from Final Fantasy VII, after Ultimate, Ruby, Emmerald, and Diamond Weapon. It just sounds cool (don't it?).

I really dont know where I came up with my name. I was playing an online game and was making anew character. I was tired of my other nicknames and decided to make a new one. First I wawas thinking of a name starting with Z. That didnt work out too well. I then Thiought of X because I love the names like Xyu and names with X in it. So in the end I came up with xyandar. It isnt exciting or anything but I still love it lol.

From a little organization I was physically in... The leader taught me sword-fighting and a little fencing. She said I struck like a dragon yet kept grace like a fairy (faery is the ancient name according to people). The name Yume is what they called me when I wouldn't tell them my real name. I was often found dreaming... (Yume means dream in Japanese)

My original name, NomadWondering, came from me listening to Wherever I may Roam by Metallica. I thought, 'Cool! I'll make a username called NomadWandering.' Then I thought, 'Lemme try something' and inserted NomadWondering instead of Wandering to see how many people that would screw up, just to have some fun.

Then later I decided that NomadWondering was too long, and I wanted to shorten it. So I had Wondering deleted and now I'm just Nomad, take a look at me!! :D

Hey i thought i would drop by here to tell my story

It was last Janurary when i was working on my Manga, when i needed a name, so i thought and tlhought and decided to look something up in another langrage, well Shaharazod means pure in some other langrage, dont rember which one though. Anywayz that fitted purfect because my person i made for my manga was a Elf Pristiss of her village and well yeah..and then the name got stuck to me ;)
oh to pronounce my name right jus say (sha-hair-a-zod) Weird huh, but say it fast :babble:

Well, My user name was a combo of two things i loved, Final Fantasy, and Anime, I took the name of my favourite beast from Final Fantasy, a Chocobo (I LOVE Chocobo's!), and then the name of the next character I saw in an Anime, whch was, Outlaw Star, and the first person I saw was Gene Starwind, so I named my slef Chocobo Gene, and there you go, instant name

Lets see here, I guess i got my name because one day i was wondering what my name would be when translated tojapanese, well i found a website with baby names from all around the world but there wasnt a translator, so i looked at some japanesse names. I dont remember exactly what Kyoko Keiji means but Iliked the way it sounds. Kyoko is a girls name and Keiji is a guys name, I just kinda put the two together and boom, I got myself a usernameon various different sites and a japanese name!