OtakuBoards

Movies that made you cry

Mighty kai

Come on people admit it. Admit that some movies that you watched have made you weeped so much that you wished you had a box of tissues with you. Well the movies that really made me weep are
1:Ghost
2:The lion king
3:Brother Bear

Thats it for me i think. The reason that i weeped when i was watching these movies is that they had really upsetting moments. Aww "weeps" Come on people dont be shy.

[color=darkviolet]Blair Witch made me cry because I paid $7.50 to watch it does that count?

If not well:

1.) [b]Angel Eyes[/b] [spoiler]when I found out that the guy lost his wife and his kid in the car accident in teh beginning of teh movie.[/spoiler] Not the whole thing, just that one part because it was pretty sad to find that out. And yes, I did actually sit through a J-Lo film.

2.) [b]Fried Green Tomatoes[/b]- [spoiler]After teh guy was run over by the train and died[/spoiler] He still shouldn't have been playing like that.

3.) [b]Bambi[/b]- I was six years old and the poor baby's mother got shot by hunters. I was convinced that my dad had done it too, which made me cry more when he came back home with a deer in his truck bed. Talk about childhood traumas.[/color]

Highlander: Endgame- WHY the hell did they make this movie? It was horrible, made no sense and bogged down what could have been a great series of movies... it wasn't NEARLY as bad as Highlander 2 though.

Oh, you mean movies that made me cry because they wanted to tug at my hearstrings? Never happened to me. I guess I'm a heartless bastard.

[color=crimson][size=1]Yeah, I know I'm not [i]the[/i] mod of this forum, but I am [i]a[/i] mod, and the first couple of posts in this thread are AWFUL. Can't you do something about it? O_o;

The one movie that immediately came to mind when I read the title is [b]The Lion King.[/b] That stupid part where Mufasa dies and Simba is just sitting there and trying to help him and watches him fall and he cries and then Scar tries to tell him that it was all his fault when SCAR was the one who knocked Mufasa down! Yes, when I get frustrated, it makes me very upset. I'm sure there are many more movies that have gotten me a little misty eyed, but this is the one that sticks out the most clearly in my head.[/color][/size]

Guest ScirosDarkblade
Well most recently it was American Ninja 4: The Annihilation.

There is this scene where Sean is protecting his friends from EVIL NINJA, and it's like the worst fight ever, but here's how it ends: the black guy (I forget his name), the chick (forget her name), and the kid (forget his name.. err... Pongo! yeah that's it...) are surrounded by ninja. The black guy tries to shoot three ninja but they all dodge the bullets by turning their shoulders with a "whoosh" sound. So the entire gang surrenders to the ninja, along with Sean, who enters the screen out of nowhere. They stand there, surrounded, and then suddenly one ninja throws a net at them that I swear wouldn't bring down a resin anime figure, let alone an "American ninja" and his special forces buddies. But as soon as the net appears, all the good guys literally dive to the ground in "oh no I'm captured" mode, as Pongo scrambles away in a daring escape.

I'm sure the above description isn't funny at all. So just watch the movie and you'll know what I'm talking about. Anyway when my friends and I saw that we laughed so hard we cried. So there you go.

[SIZE=1][B]The Lion King: Made me cry. I loved the movie, I have a sound track of it and everything, but it was so sad...

Pokemon the First Movie: Don't even ask XD

Homeward Bound: I love this movie. I still watch it today, it inspired the Animal Evolution (which ended on another forum in the 500 page mark, pretty cool), and it was sad, yet great. It also inspired me to name my dog Chance.

Flubber: I watched this when I was little, and when Flubber came flying out of that guys a** I cried laughing >.<[/SIZE][/B]

I have never cried to a movie. And I usually find it quite hard to see how some of my friends can cry to a movie. But maybe I got.... solid feelings or something. I don't know. :smoke:

The Green Mile is the only movie I've seen that's really grabbed my emotions. I really love that movie, and it'd be damn hard for another movie to beat that one in my books.

[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=2][COLOR=RoyalBlue]i usually don't think about it a whole lot, but there are some movies that made me cry. but i hate it when my dad sees me do it so then he has to talk about it -_-. anywho, here ya go.

[B][U]The Lion King:[/B][/U] don't even have'ta tell ya XD

[B][U]Titanic:[/B][/U] *sigh* yes, i will admit, [I]this[/I] movie made me weep really badly. everytime i think about it, i feel that if i think anymore about it any longer i'll at least shed 1 tear. it is a good movie, but it's just too sad to watch at the end ;_;

well.....that's about it. if i watch any other movies that make me cry, i'll edit this.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[color=teal]Movies, don't make me cry--no, movies [i]can't[/i] make me cry--but when you know that certain events that take place in some films derived from true stories, it's a different story. I've never cried due to the outcome of a film or any other sort of motion picture, especially not from lame action/adventure films, but I have to admit, there been many times that that gut feeling spread throughout me, especially in the Titanic.

Schindler's List was a little like that for me. It came more from a historical background, and besides it being sad and pretty brutal, I found it kind of educating too. But there's no World War story out there that won't make you condemn it, little kids being gassed to death wasn't pretty to see, neither was watching children being forced to depart from their parents. It's very gruesome in many aspects.[/color]

I dont find that movies make me cry, but i do get really angry at movies, mainly ones based on wars. 'Apocalypse Now' would be a good example. There are parts in there were innocent people are killed and i guess its the fact the movie was based on real events that i hate so much.

[FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=2][COLOR=DarkRed]hmmm....I think I cried when I watched Titanic, the end of Chobits (although it isn't a movie), Xclamp (because the ending was very sad, considering that everyone dies eccept Kamui!) and Shrek2 (but that was just because I happened to be at the theatre right after my parents had just threatened to get a divorce, my friend had accidently stabbed me in the arm with a pencil and it was begining to bleed again, I also felt sick, having the worst headache ever. And because a little girl behind me was ripping out large peices of my hair screaming "DOES THAT HURT?!") But that was all.
But hey, they're just movies...right?
I guess I just cry during those kind of movies because I think of what I would do if I were them in those kind of situations, and well....I guess I wouldn't be able to handle it. lol. :o
Maybe I'm just a chicken! But, who cares! I'm me![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] :beer:

• 2 weeks later...
[size=2][color=black][sighs] I can't remember exactly how old I was... but... My grandma had come down to visit us and she, my mom, and I went out to eat and saw a movie. The movie: Pay It Forward.[/color][/size]

[size=2][color=black]I never ever EVER cry during movies, because something in my mind just continuously tells me that it's not real. But, this one was so sad...[/color][/size]

[size=2][color=black]Part of it, I guess, was that the movie was shot in Las Vegas (where I was born) so, when the little boy (HJO) was stabbed... and he died... and then the funeral... Oh my God, I freaked! O_O [/color][/size]

[size=2][color=black]I couldn't stop crying for about three hours, seriously, that's how badly it affected me. There's a song I ABSOLUTELY HATE and it sounds exactly like the song that was played at his funeral, so whenever I hear it, I either start to cry or I plug my ears and start yelling until it's over or I turn it off. Wouldn't you know it? They played the song at my 8th grade Field Day. [hates that school and if given the chance, will seriously burn it down] [/color][/size][size=2][color=black]I'm sure maladjusted knows what song I'm talking about [kills mal] since she forced Mallory to tell her, and then I made her promise she wouldn't sing it... AND SHE DID. [dies] ... [painfully][/color][/size]

[size=2][color=black]Okay, I'm getting off topic. Anyway, that's just the one movie I will cry about. You could show me any other movie and I will bet you ten dollars, I will not cry. [/color][/size]

[size=2][color=black]I have serious sympathy issues. T_T[/color][/size]

i find this question pretty interesting since movies can't scare me but they do make me cry.

The first movie that ever made me cry was The Cure with Elijah Wood. Such a terribly sad flick.

Dragonheart also tears me up, mostly because i truly love dragons and the end just wasn't fair. You hear me? Not fair!

Black Beauty- i have a weakness for horses.

And if you know a sad movie, i have probably seen it and probably cried. Its not hard to make me sad.

[SIZE=1][COLOR=deepPink]Well, I've cried during a lot of movies. o_o;

[B]Thirteen:[/B] I have never, ever cried so hard as in this movie- but maybe it's simply because I can relate to it- not meaning the things Tracy does, but the relationship with her mom and how they grew apart for so long and in one moment, everything changes in a way that teens really wouldn't expect. Not only was the acting flawless, but this was a film that really, really touched me. I cried REALLY hard, and so did Celia. -.o

[B]Moulin Rouge:[/B] On of the best films ever, in my opinion. Not to mention the best and most memorable ending. Iit was just heart wrenching- but brilliant how [spoiler]during the 'Come What May' finale, everything was perfect, and it seemed as if it was going to be a happily ever after ending, and you can't help but feel REALLY happy for them. But after all that happiness and feeling as if everything was going to be okay, Satine dies.[/spoiler] So it's like, imagine going through such an emotional rollercoaster, reaching the highest you can get, and having it all fall down ten times harder.

[B]I Am Sam:[/B] Yeah, I know. Sean Penn is overacting, etc, etc. But this film was still really touching. It just shows how much you matter to your parents, and how much it means to a child to be with their parents. And even though Sam couldn't educate his daughter, he still loved her more than anything, and to Lucy (his daughter), that's all that really mattered.

[B]Lion King:[/B] Okay, who DIDN'T cry during this film?

[B]Bambi:[/B] I'm really close to my mom. To have Bambi's mom die, it was just.... o_o

[B]Pocahontas:[/B] When John Smith left. ...I was five. x.x;

[B]The Pianist:[/B] I have no idea why I cried, but when he was nearly [spoiler]dead[/spoiler], it was just amazing how by just thinking about doing what he loved most in his life kept him alive, and to love something so much and to be able to stay alive by the thought of it is just... yeah.

[B]Schindler's List:[/B] Well, you can't really blame me. It was horrible seeing people treat people so harshy and treat life like garbage. Another really great movie.

Erm. Yeah. *emotional person*
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

• 2 weeks later...
Well, there are too many movies to count during which I've cried...

[B]Moulin Rouge[/B]-The ending really made me sob...sorry, I forget how to add spoiler tags...

[B]Pay it Forward[/B]- he was just trying to help this disgustingly violent world we live in, and then...and then...*sobs hystarically (SP)*

[B]Titanic[/B]- In the end, when they're together again...*tear rolls silently down cheek*

[B]The Green Mile[/B]- A miraclel, whose suffering was ended...*starts bawling* :bawl:

There are more, but those stand out the clearest...oh, and my completely over-emotional aunt cried at the end of Bruce Almighty... :rotflmao:

[COLOR=Magenta][I]hmmm lets see...[/I]

[B]Lion King[/B] [I]who didn't cry in this movie?¿? When simba was trying to wake up his dad...and he wouldn't move..and he laid down ...beside him....waaaahhhh :bawl: [/I]

[B]Fox and the Hound[/B] [I] I just couldn't take it....[/I]

[B]Titanic[/B] [I]I was sitting in the movies with my mom and I started crying. She told me not to cry, "it's just a movie" she said....five minutes later she was bawling. :rolleyes: [/I]

[B]Pay It Foward[/B] [I]omgosh! I watched this at school one day, and my friend Lindsay and I started bawling right there in front of our whole english class! :( so sad....

well thats it![/COLOR][/I]

[SIZE=1][B]I almost forgot one:

Pay It Forward: Great movie, and was so... so sad....[spoiler]When the boy was stabbed, after he created a much better place with his Pay It Forward idea... and then, all the people who had been a part of the Pay It Forward thing came up to his parents house and put down candles, flowers, and cards... it was... so sad!!![/spoiler]

Now Pay It Forward... is amazing...

EDIT: I just noticed a load of people put this before me XD[/SIZE][/B]

Guest ScirosDarkblade
Just yesterday talking about how stupid Spiderman 2 was made me laugh until I cried. Ah, Spidey, you never fail to brighten up my day yet darken it at the same time...

The number one movie I remeber crying my eyes out would be my dog skip i was bawling when i saw skip get hit by his owner....i hate cruelity against animals....then i saw the puppy get kicked and than hit by a shovel.....i have a dog and if anyone did that to my pet id make them wish they were dead...i dunno why but i just stand to see an animal get hurt