OtakuBoards

Stupidest Comments about a Game

Amphion

I heard something from a co-worker the other day that still has me dumb-founded. He called me up at work to see what I was up to. When I asked him what he was doing, he proceeded to tell me he was playing Halo 2. I asked him when did he get an X-Box and he said, "Oh, I didn't get one. I'm just playing it on my PS2." I sat there for a minute replaying the words in my head trying to make sure I heard him right. Finally I was able to speak and told him that Halo 2 was an X-Box exclusive. And then, as if he thought I was his little sister that he could tell anything and have her believe it, he said, "Yeah, but this is a special version I had imported from Japan." I mean, WTH is that! We are adults here and he is telling tall tales like a 6 year old. I did not really know what to say to him after that. To be honest, I thought he was in dire need of a vicious slap.but I controlled my self and just said whatever man.

I'm sure I am not the only one has heard something this stupid. But I was just wondering what stupid things you all might have heard someone say about a game. Mine seem to have a lot to do with people having games for systems that they are not made for.

I also had my cousin tell me he had mastered GT3. This came about 3 days after he bought it. I asked him how he did it that fast and he said he was just that good. When I finally got a chance to look at his game file, he had used every cheatcode available on it. He tried to deny it but the $999999999999 dollars he had was a giveaway of the money cheat. He still denies it but what can you do. I then proceeded to show him how sucky of a driver he was. That made me feel better :D

Haha Halo 2 for PS2? Wow what will Japan think of next??

Funniest thing I've heard is my friend when I lent him Final Fantasy 7, 8, and 10. He came back the next day and I'm like "So how far are you in FF7?" He replied "Oh I beat that. It was an easy game... Didn't look the best.." I just looked at him... lol you can't beat a FF7 game in under 24 hours. He told me he got everything. He said his guys were lvl 70 or somethin and he found this sword for Cloud that was ultimate. I'm like....coool.....

Here's a legend for this convo hehe.
[B]'[/B] -My Friend
[B]"[/B] -Me
"Anyway did you start FF8"
'Oh yeah I'm at the final boss. I went to bed before I faught him though.'
"Oh...I've never seen anyone beat them in a day....2 FF games...in a day..."

The convo kept going on and the whole time I was just thinking to myself "Jeez this kids a bad liar... Noone can beat two FF games in one day even if they stay up all night. There is no possible way that you can possibly achieve everything in both games."

I didn't even bother asking him about FF10 haha I knew that the answer would probably be 'Oh I beat that too!'

Well that's the dumbest thing I heard about video games....geez you should hear what he says about getting beat up:P

[SIZE=1]Interesting, most interesting.

Well I've heard some pretty unbelievable brags from people before, most I've dismissed straight out of hand but some have been so wild that just for a laugh I sit down and hear them out. Some of the funnier ones I've heard are:

"[I]I've captured all 160 Pokémon in Pokémon Red, and they're all at level 100 !!"[/I]

"[I]I got all my characters in KOTOR [1] to level 100 in 17 hours.[/I]"

"[I]I got to $99,999,999,999 in GTA3 in only one days without using any cheats.[/I]"

And so on.[/SIZE]

One time I was playing Halo 2 on Xbox Live (at a friend's house) and two of her friends started having a conversation. I don't think these two really knew each other well, and this was some sort of ice-breaking conversation, but no matter what the context, it was.. Interesting. To say the least.

"Hey, uh.. Have you ever heard of MechAssault?"
"Oh yeah! I rented that game once. It was heard."
"Yeah."
"Yeah.."
"..Hey, don't you just hate it when, like, you kill somebody but then they come back and kill you?"
"YEAH, I KNOW!!"

I also recall a seasoned game veteran who, when watching me play oldschool Mario, profoundly stated, "Mario jumps high." I don't quite know where he was going to go with that one, but that was an odd one. There are many other lies that I've heard from a lot of people (most recently, someone said that their brother worked on Resident Evil 4), but there are too many to remember.

Oh my lord... One day my brother came home from school and said that these kids had said all these dumb things about video games. I wrote a quite informal letter, beginning with the line "Dear Meatbags" but my brother never gave it to them. They said such things as "Master Chief was in another game before Halo," and, "Games come out in England way before here, next thing you know they'll have Mario Party 24 in a few years!" My lord. The other thing they said was really dumb, but I don't remember.

In one millenium, I cannot even begin to list all the stupid things people have said about video games, especially since I make it a point to walk up to someone I don't even know, correct them, and argue them to the bitter end. People who know me avoid saying video game crap.

[color=#4B0082]Anything that involves the words "Doom," "responsible," and "shooting," are my favorites. Also, anything my brother says which involves the words "Aeris," "revive," and "Triforce" -- I think you can guess where that one ends up.[/color]

My old friend had a million of 'em. His first thing was the "ogre sword" in Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, which he said was the strongest sword that you could get as a kid.

After that, he went on about a hidden banshee in the Silent Catographer (sp?) level on Halo.

Or in Morrowind, he was trying to tell me that there were 9 hidden gods that you could only fight after you'd defeated Daggoth Ur.

What was really sad was that there was a kid that actually believed him. Idiot. (I'm talking about both of them)

The stupidest thing I ever heard was from a former friend when I was talking about making a 'spawn' disk (I think that's what they call it when you make a copy so you can network) Some games let you do that so you don't have to go and buy another disk in order to play a networked game. It's been long enough that I don't even remember what the game is.

Anyway, the main reason I remember it is because the idiot told me you can't copy a game disk. At this time CD-burning technology wasn't mainstream yet, at least not in Utah anyway. He even went so far as to tell me that you couldn't burn music on CD's either. So I asked him how it got on there in the first place? After all games and music don't just magically put themselves on a disk. He didn't have an answer for that one.

I've heard a lot of crap in my day, but there are a few things that are true. You can beat FF7 in under 24 hours (that's IF you skip all the extra stuff and boy there are plenty of those). And the whole thing about Halo 2 on the PS2? That is a dream come true with a little thing called "mod chips". They're really expensive and when you get a completely modified system, its supposed to be really "tight" and play any game from any system that you wish (PC not included).

That guy was probably trying not to reveal his little secret about the whole "fabled mod underground" thing (which is no big secret that much I can tell you in a nutshell).

AND OH YES! The whole Aeris revival thing. Classic American bull right there. I'll give you a hint: You cannot revive Aeris, but you can Aerith...Fine I'll tell you then. Apparently, in the Japanese version, you can bring Aeris back. But to compensate for the "American Monsters" (Ruby and Emerald), they killed that little scenario off. Believe it or Not (Ripley's quoting anyone?). It's a little too unbearable (for the American audience) for a dead character to come back to life after such a touching scene of her death. You can thank unrational censoring for that one.

And remember the pokemon thing of when you start a new game, you get to keep all of your pokemon. That was started because of the typo of when Nintendo Power released the six issues of Pokemon, which had a complete strategy guide of Red and Blue. Lots of typos concentrated in one spot like that? Looked more like a prank if you ask me (which you probably aren't).

The Triforce thing in Ocarina of Time? That was some bull that a few fans thought they had discovered, when Nintendo decided to show off a made up scene for the game, that was not intentionally meant to be in the game. If you have a copy of the video, cudos to you, my friend.

At the rate of Mario Party releases coming out, I wouldn't think that there would actually be a 24 coming out. (Just kidding! No one plans that far..unless they're evil)

There is also one about finding the never-ending water level in Super Mario Bros.! That is true, but God I can't stand it anymore!

Anyways, there are a lot of people conning others to believe in their hack stories. But I'll post here again if anyone reminds me of any other things I can't come up with right now. Thanks for reading this waste of a post.

[COLOR=Blue][SIZE=1]Well...I've heard many bull stories in my day, but no story has ever been as dumb as...

"Oh yeah? Well, I've beaten Halo 2 on Legendary without dying or getting hit!"

Yeah, good luck with that one there, my friend. I don't have much to expand on and there are so many bull stories out there that I just stopped caring. So in short; you can't beat Halo 2 on legendary without dying, or getting hit for that matter.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Oh my f'ing god. I headr the most retarded non-gamer quote ever today.

In science class, we got this paper with king kong on it. My friend (well... if you want to call him that) says to me "oh yeah, like that Atari game Donkey Kong." My blood began to boil. Me and my gamer pal were like, "dude, Donkey Kong for no frikkin Atari!" he said "I have two Ataris and I have Donkey Kong!" I quickly wrote up a paragraph detailing that DK was Nintendo property and I named every Donkey Kong game. He argued "but I have it! The one where the ape jumps up the pillars and takes the princess!" I said "yeah, and you're frikkin MARIO!!!" I came to the conclusion that he actually has an NES and is dumb.

Also Xy GGu I dought this idiots are doing illegal system transitions. They're just dumb.

[quote name='Xy GGu']AND OH YES! The whole Aeris revival thing. Classic American bull right there. I'll give you a hint: You cannot revive Aeris, but you can Aerith...Fine I'll tell you then. Apparently, in the Japanese version, you can bring Aeris back. But to compensate for the "American Monsters" (Ruby and Emerald), they killed that little scenario off. Believe it or Not (Ripley's quoting anyone?). It's a little too unbearable (for the American audience) for a dead character to come back to life after such a touching scene of her death. You can thank unrational censoring for that one.[/quote]

That's not the way that I heard it. I'd heard that it was just too anti-climatic to bring Aeris back from the dead after that emotional scene at the end of disk 1, so they decided to throw the extra monsters in there instead.

[QUOTE=ThatOneOddDude]Oh my f'ing god. I headr the most retarded non-gamer quote ever today.

In science class, we got this paper with king kong on it. My friend (well... if you want to call him that) says to me "oh yeah, like that Atari game Donkey Kong." My blood began to boil. Me and my gamer pal were like, "dude, Donkey Kong for no frikkin Atari!" he said "I have two Ataris and I have Donkey Kong!" I quickly wrote up a paragraph detailing that DK was Nintendo property and I named every Donkey Kong game. He argued "but I have it! The one where the ape jumps up the pillars and takes the princess!" I said "yeah, and you're frikkin MARIO!!!" I came to the conclusion that he actually has an NES and is dumb.

Also Xy GGu I dought this idiots are doing illegal system transitions. They're just dumb.[/QUOTE][color=#4B0082]Wow, that's hilarious. ... But not for the reason you're thinking.

[url=http://img113.echo.cx/my.php?image=atari7800donkeykong4gd.jpg][img]http://img113.echo.cx/img113/7898/atari7800donkeykong4gd.th.jpg[/img][/url]

Donkey Kong, Donkey Kong Jr., and Mario Bros. all appeared on Atari systems before the release of the NES. :whoops:[/color]

Thanks. You just spared me hours of researching on GameFAQS to find an Atari DK. I guess I don't know as much as I think DARNIT! Now I have to do even more research!!! Oh well, I enjoy it. Also, I remembered hearing some stupid comments. One of them was "Nintendo is an American company!" and "The PS2 was made in America!" and even worse "Pong was the first game ever!" Ive even hear "Donkey Kong was the first game ever!"

[quote name='ThatOneOddDude'] "Pong was the first game ever!" [/quote]

But... Pong [I]was[/I] the first game ever! I went to this international Videogame Exposition visiting Finland, and there were samples from games throughout the history of videogaming, and it became very clear that Pong (the simple game with a ball moving back and forth between two paddles) was the first videogame ever created. To my recollection it was developed by some scientists working with computers to entertain their sad and miserable lives... okay, maybe it wasn't [I]exactly [/I] like that, but something along those lines.

Actually, I don't think Pong was the first game ever made. I remember reading what the first game was, and I'm pretty sure it wasn't Pong. I don't remember what it was, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't Pong.

Anyways, I've heard some pretty stupid stuff, the only memorable ones being secondhand. My brother used to have a friend who full of ****. He wasn't stupid, he was just a liar. My brother, however, was pretty stupid about video games back then. Here's some of the ******** that his friend fed him (and he believed):

1: If your total score is above 1400 in Star Fox 64, you get to fly the Great Fox.

2: In the original Super Smash Bros., if Ness PK Thunders himself into you, it does about 100% damage.

3: You can unlock Raichu in the original Super Smash Bros.

There were a lot of others, but I don't remember them right now. One thing I do remember hearing from a differend person is:

4: You can unlock Goku in Super Smash Bros. Melee.

That one cracked me up.

I just remembered my friend who read a TON of BS pertaining to games I had strategy guides to, and yet he still said he was right. Mostly it was SSBM. Ive heard so much BS about that its maddening.

Pong WASNT the first game. It was Computer Space. Computer Space wasn't popular because it was too advanced. Pong was made by two guys with a college degree and too much time on their hands.

[quote name='Sage]But... Pong [I]was[/I] the first game ever! I went to this international Videogame Exposition visiting Finland, and there were samples from games throughout the history of videogaming, and it became very clear that Pong (the simple game with a ball moving back and forth between two paddles) was the first videogame ever created. To my recollection it was developed by some scientists working with computers to entertain their sad and miserable lives... okay, maybe it wasn't [I]exactly [/I'] like that, but something along those lines.[/quote]

Pong as far as I know definately was the first game ever created, without that little ball and those two paddles how would Mr. & Mrs. Pac Man ever be created? Maybe there is a use for boredom after all, life would seem strange without video games. Oh well. And yes Donkey Kong was on Atari. My sister had it.