OtakuBoards

What is your favorite anime character

sbrebaby

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Threads concerning anime need to be posted in the Anime Lounge. I am going to move this thread over to that forum. When starting a thread make sure you make them well thought out, care given to spelling and that you give reasons, such as why they are your favorite characters -- otherwise the thread will be closed for lack of quality.

On topic: My favorite anime characters seem to have similar traits. For instance, right now two of my favorite characters are Genjo Sanzo from Saiyuki and Eiri Yuki from Gravitation. Both are tall, thin, very bishonen blonde monks who smoke too much and have bad attitudes. But that is not the reason I like them so much. Well, it's part of the reason. :animeswea

The reason I like both of these characters is because they are so bold. They have both gone through very difficult times in their pasts that have shaped them into the guys they are now. Being hurt in the past has made them build a wall up around themselves to protect against from getting hurt again. I can relate to that.

Even though they are rough around the edges they do have moments when they let their guard down and you can see that they really are nice guys underneath that tough guy exterior. It really makes them much more human.

Plus, they are really cute too! :animenose

My favourite anime character would have to be Lain (from Serial Experiments Lain).
That would probably be easy to guess for anyone that knows me at all (even those that don't know me that well, just look at some of the wallpapers I've made and it will be obvious).
I know a lot of people find the characters in that series to be plastic or one dimensional but I think for the most part that was done on purpose to sort of emphasize peoples need to "close this world .... enter the next" or in non Lain speak to escape the mundane real world in search of meaning in the Wired.Lain is the exception to all these plastic characters, so well writen that you get dragged into her depression and confusion and can feel her need to find a better place.

This is a tough one, I'll have to do a favorite good guy, and a favorite bad guy.

Male Good guy: Vash the Stampede (hes so fun loving and haappy)
Female Good guy: Tohru Honda (shes absolutely adorable)

Male Bad guy: Seishirou Sakurazukamori (Hes frickin wasome, and very handsome)
Female bad guy: Pirotess (Dark elves rock)

Well........... I don't have a favorite character. I have several and can't seem to decide.

I suppose my favorite of all time would be Ryoko from Tenchi Muyo, 'cause she rocks! Ryoko's powerful and a tomboy who's just a bit afraid of showing her deeper feelings. But she's hilarious to watch in her attempts of getting Tenchi to notice her. She's also a great role-model...... kind of.

But the one rivaling her for the title of "Taka's Favorite Anime Character of All Time" would be Kurama from Yu Yu Hakusho. It's just something about him. His personality just caught my attention so quickly. Plus I tend to enjoy characters with dark pasts. He's a handsome/beautiful guy and all, his eyes I could stare into for hours, but it is just who he is that makes him one of my favorite characters.

Good guys:

Onizuka from GTO. He's probably the funniest anime character that I've ever seen, and besides that, he's just cool.

Hiei from Yu Yu Hakusho. Take Vegeta's attitude, some funny one-liners, Kenshin's speed, and actually let him kill semi-major bad guys. (unlike our glorified DBZ jobber) You get Hiei.

Bad guys:

Scar from Fullmetal Alchemist and Vicious from Cowboy Bebop. They're your steroetypical badass bad guys, yet for some reason, they don't seem stereotypical. I can't quiet place my finger on why, though....

Guest KawaiiRisu
Male:Faust
Female:Eliza

They're both off Shaman king and they're a couple.
I love how committed they are to eachother.

If you couldn't already tell (username and sub-title) I absolutly love Momiji Sohma from Fruits Basket! I haven't seen the anime,but I have read all the manga released in the US.He is so much like me,and he's a little bishounen to boot! In my opinion anyways...

So yeah! I like all the guys from Fruits Basket and Syaoran from Tsubasa.He would be the perfect best guy friend,besides my Michael. ^+^

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=Navy] I really dont know who my favorite anime character is. there are way to many, but if I had to think off the top of my head it would have to be......Inuyasha, from Inuyasha duh!, Ed-from F.M.A, Ed-from cowboybebop, um....I can't think of anymore. :animesweat: Oh Well.

BlackTiger-I live by the night. Don't look for me. I'm find you! :catgirl: [/Font][/Color]

My favorite anime character InuYasha.He is so cool.The fang of destuction is so awsome.I think it is too cool when he goes full demon.He was ultra cool looking in Inuyasha the movie 2 when he went full demon.I like Rai Ayanami of Evangelion .i dont know why i like her so much i just do.(plus shes just cool looking like Askua

[QUOTE=Panda]Threads concerning anime need to be posted in the Anime Lounge. I am going to move this thread over to that forum. When starting a thread make sure you make them well thought out, care given to spelling and that you give reasons, such as why they are your favorite characters -- otherwise the thread will be closed for lack of quality.

On topic: My favorite anime characters seem to have similar traits. For instance, right now two of my favorite characters are Genjo Sanzo from Saiyuki and Eiri Yuki from Gravitation. Both are tall, thin, very bishonen blonde monks who smoke too much and have bad attitudes. But that is not the reason I like them so much. Well, it's part of the reason. :animeswea

The reason I like both of these characters is because they are so bold. They have both gone through very difficult times in their pasts that have shaped them into the guys they are now. Being hurt in the past has made them build a wall up around themselves to protect against from getting hurt again. I can relate to that.

Even though they are rough around the edges they do have moments when they let their guard down and you can see that they really are nice guys underneath that tough guy exterior. It really makes them much more human.

Plus, they are really cute too! :animenose[/QUOTE]

I am dreadfully sorry. i am a little confused on how everything works here but i am learning fast.
i like Inuyasha because he is always looking out for Kagome and he trys to hide his affection for her but ends up making an *** out of himself. I like it though in the movie when Kegome kisses him and he kisses her back. It really shows his soft side.
i like Dark because he is really mysterious and handsome. I like the fact that he seems to pop up unanounced. I dont have an evil favourite but if i really had to decide it would be Lady centepeed of of inuyashas first epesode. She looks so awsome and is really wicked. thats about it.

my favorite anime character is Envy from Full Metal Alchemist.
Coz he's sooo cool :animesmil

Osaka from Azumanga Daioh.
Well what's there to say about her she's so random you can't help but love her. :catgirl:

Ryoko and Ayeka
You gotta love them when they go at with each other. :D

• 3 weeks later...
wow...can I pick a favorite male and female character?

I really have problems picking just one...it really depends on the anime

male favorites: Sesshomaru (from inuyasha), Ed (from Fullmetal alchemist), and syoaran (From Tsubasa)

female favorites: Kagome (from inuyasha), Faye (from cowboy bebop), and touru (from fruits basket)

:animestun sorry for being so indecisive..but after a while you grow attach to more than just one character

My favorite protagonist is Vash the Stampede from Trigun. This is because, even though he's seen monstrosities commited by people, his brother, and even himself, he is able to keep a sense of humor and be able to forgive everyone and anyone. [spoiler] Like when he finnaly reached his brother and, when Knives asked him how the humans had been treating him, he responded, "It's the best thing that ever happened to me. Yes, I know, its not out-right funny, but I couldn't help but laugh when i first watched it[/spoiler]

My favorite antagonist is a tie between Naraku and my avatar, Legato. Both of them torture people by manipulating the main charactors emotions through the death of other people, and both are incredibly disturbing.

[quote name='Lady Saelah']yup. sora's meh fav.[/quote][QUOTE=elemantangel][SIZE4][b]yeah i would also say that Kurama is the coolest anime charcter ever!!![/b] [/SIZE4][b]And he is like so HOT!!!![/b] :catgirl:
My favortive bad guy is [SIZE3][b]Sesshomaru, he is like also so hot!!![/SIZE3][/b][/QUOTE]
[COLOR=#503F86]Both of you need to work on your post quality- I'd suggest you take a look at the [URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/rules.php?]Rules[/URL] page to get a decent understanding of the kind of quality we expect at OB. Anything that is too short, messy or that contains too many smilies will be deleted as spam.[/COLOR]

Rock Lee from Naruto is my favorite. His life is basically mine so it really has that appeal. Not so much the ninja stuff (obviously) but moreso the hardwork and underdog nature. Nothing really came easy for me so in order to get better at things I'd spend an obscene amount of time practicing and working for it. Besides just that, all the action that he's in is simply amazing. Each one of his fight scenes is mind-numbingly awesome.

Guest juzzam
My favourite has to be Mugen from samurai champloo, because hes funny and has a great fighting style.
Also Asuka from evangelion is cool because shes so stubborn.

This is hard. I don't have just one favorite character so I'll name my three favorite girl and guy characters

guys- Sasuke from Naruto because he is mysterious and ignorant. Also he tries to hide all of his feelings and make himself seem like he doesn't need anybody, but in reality he does.

Miroku from InuYasha I like Miroku because he is such a pervert. Also he is the funny character that livens the show.

My last favorite guy character would have to be Neji from Naruto. Neji is one of my favorite characters because he has been hurt for so long and it takes him a long time to realize that life isn't set for you from the start, and that you can change your future. Also I love the flashbacks of him when he was younger. He Was ADORIBLE!

Girls- For the girls i would have to say Hana from fruits basket. She is funny and dark and mysterious. I also like how she can read peoples elctric signals

Ed from cowboy Bepop. Ed is like the best character from Cowboy bepop she is a tomboy who i think is hooked on sugar or something. She is a strange character that can always make me laugh

Last but not least my last favorite characters for the girls would have to be Mizuki from Hanazakari no Kimitachi E (Hana- Kimi for short) Mizuki is one of the bravest characters I can think of. She is an ordinary girl that goes across an ocean and dresses up like a guy goes to an all boys school just for some high jumper she likes. That i think is amazing. Also I like Mizuki because she is HILARIOUS... well thats really all :D

I Really cannot say who my favorite is since there are so many great animes and so many memorable characters in them all. Hiko(Samurai-X, Rurouni Kenshin) I cannot think of his exact name of the top of my head but he is probably one of the coolest characters around. Spike Spiegel Obviously, Vash, Kenshin, And so many others.

There are way to many to name.

It really is a difficult question...but I'd have to say that my favorite is Spike from Cowboy Bebop. He just has the casual vibe about him, yet his past is all messed up. The ultimate slacker... not that I can pull off his crazy moves, but I connect with the slacker portion of him.