OtakuBoards

Secondhand Fiddles Registration [PG-V]

Dragon Warrior

[center][img]http://img271.echo.cx/img271/1984/secondhandfiddles0ee.jpg[/img][/center]

[size=4][b]The Dragon Dews Await![/b][/size]

[img]http://img283.echo.cx/img283/8514/image12er.jpg[/img]
[left]Enter an exciting new world as one of the seven thieves of the Cold Spades gang. Disguise yourself as a performer and endure a quest across the unexpectable world of Rolani in search of the treasured Dragon Dews! But the closer you are to your goal, the more closer you are to a danger far greater than what you can handle.[/left]
[img]http://img283.echo.cx/img283/8597/image26dy.jpg[/img]

[size=4][b]The Adventure Thus Far?[/b][/size]

[img]http://img283.echo.cx/img283/8839/image32pr.jpg[/img]

[left]Rolani, a peaceful medieval-based world once bared a grand diamond statue of a dragon named Roak. Roak?s statue perished in a battle against a now-extinct race of ogre. The pieces vanished after the fight mysteriously, but it was said that a master thief had taken every last bit of the statue and then sold them individually across the land to other dark dealers.

Of course, any piece of Roak?s statue would be worth a pretty penny, you?d think, but you can be rich beyond your wildest dreams if all pieces are returned as the complete statue. It?d be anyone?s dream that the king of Rolani would pay them such a handsome fee, so it?s no wonder people have tried to get the Dragon Dews?the pieces of the statue?for themselves. But it?s such a difficult task. There are, to be exact, fifteen pieces to collect. And being scattered anywhere in Rolani, they?re exceptionally hard to find.

This is where you come in. You?re one of the members of a low-class band of thieves that go by the name of the Cold Spades. You?re used to stealing simple things from food in the market to robbing a mayor?s wig from his chambers. Nothing as intense as your next gig: getting all the Dragon Dews. In order to do so, you must rob people. No problem, right? You?re all thieves anyways.

Then the idea hits the Cold Spades. They disguise themselves as a caravan of traveling performers called the Secondhand Fiddles and go from town to town to entertain the crowds (while really searching for the Dews in people?s homes, shops, and streets). Things seem hard enough, but now you have competition.

A more feared and notorious band of thieves called the Dead Letters have decided they want the Dragon Dews too, but for a completely different reason. The one who assembles the Dragon Dews into the statue again will summon Roak and unleash an awesome power upon Rolani. He who does so is in control of the Dragon King. Unfortunately for the Cold Spades?er? I mean, the Secondhand Fiddles? they don?t know what will really happen when they assemble the Dragon Dews. They may be in it for the riches so they can retire their career early, but they?ll be even more in over their heads than they believed.

Prepare for the race against thieves, time, and the fate of the world of Rolani! Oh? and a whole lotta booty![/left]

[size=4][b]Let?s Get Educated![/b][/size]

[left] Okay, so you know the basic plot and idea of this RPG. Excellent. Now you just need to know a few more things and then you may sign up.

Firstly, this game is rated PG for little violence. So that means I don?t want any sexual content or bad-mouthing and swearing. There may be some alcohol content (such as a man ordering some ale in a pub) and perhaps swearing as far as damn and hell (if it?s kept at a minimum), but this RPG is made for a lot of people and should be kept pretty clean.

Nextly, Rolani is not on Earth. It is a fictional medieval landscape made for this RPG. We can mold it as we please. Obviously there are mystical creatures because I mentioned a race of ogres earlier. When the RPG begins, feel free to make Rolani come to life!

Also, anyone can sign up. I shall leave the sign ups open for a quite a while. Even if six have signed up, more can too. I will choose the best of the best to join. [b]SIX SLOTS TO FILL.[/b]

Lastly, this pertains to the sign up, pretty much. Since we?re thieves (the Cold Spades), we?re used to fighting monsters in the wild and all that. We each have a unique skill that makes us who we are. For example, my character is the spell caster of the group. This is where we combine our disguises with our actual characters. Since they?re disguised as entertainers, their special skill should be used for their performances. If my character, Luca, is a spell-caster, that makes him a magician. So he?ll be using his magic to perform tricks for the crowd while also using it to fight off monsters in the wild. Get it?

Get creative there. Maybe a martial artist would be a good acrobat? Think about it. I want you to make sure your skill is different than anyone else?s. It increases your chances of getting in. In other words, since I?m a magician, avoid having the skill of magic.[/left]

[img]http://img283.echo.cx/img283/8589/image47ec.jpg[/img]

[size=4][b]Register[/b][/size]

[left][b]Name:[/b] Try using medieval names. First and last, please.
[b]Gender:[/b] Male or Female. Duh!
[b]Age:[/b] Preferably twenty to thirty.
[b]Skill:[/b] What unique thief skill does this character have?
[b]Entertainment:[/b] What performance does this character do using their skill?
[b]Appearance:[/b] What do they look like?
[b]Personality:[/b] What do they act like?
[b]Any Other Info:[/b] Anything else?

[/left]

[size=4][b]Luca Wheeltine[/b][/size]

[left]This is my character.

[b]Name:[/b] Luca Wheeltine
[b]Gender:[/b] Male
[b]Age:[/b] Twenty-Three
[b]Skill:[/b] Spells
[b]Entertainment:[/b] Magician
[b]Appearance:[/b] For his disguise, Luca dons a tall, purple top hat with a bizarre black belt around the top of the rim. His outfit grows stranger with a long purple coat that?s so lengthy it drags along the floor slightly. He has black pants complete with black boots. His shirt is a dark purple. A brown satchel is tossed around his soldier. His most distinctive feature is his eye-patch on his left eye. He has blonde hair, his only eye is blue, and his skin is slightly tanned from his journeys outdoors. He?s average height and thin. He features are not ugly nor handsome.
[b]Personality:[/b] Luca is the leader of the Cold Spades, so naturally he has to have a commanding way about him, right? Not really. He may come up with a plan every now and then and people look up to him to get them out of a jam, but most of the time he has no clue what they?re supposed to do. He?s not dumb, but he?s not intelligent. He?s not constantly serious, for he does tend to crack a joke, but when it comes down to thieving, he?s strictly business.
[b]Any Other Info:[/b] Luca stole his best friend?s toy clay horse when they were kids. His friend never knew. This is where his thieving began. He also didn?t feel regret that he took the toy from his friend, even if it was his favorite possession. At least not ?til he was older. Now he just thieves for the pleasure, but never to hurt anyone ever? some of the time, maybe.

That about covers everything. If you have any questions or all that jazz, post in the Underground thread. Thanks and good luck.
[/left]

[center][/center]

[b]OOC: [/b]Ooooh sounds good. Let me know if there's anything I should change.
[b]EDIT: [/b]I'm done, hope I can get in...

[color=Navy][b]Name:[/b] Katchya "Kat" Valentine

[b]Gender:[/b] Female

[b]Age:[/b] Twenty-one

[b]Skill:[/b] Ability to use any weapon, even if its a new one she comes across and pinpoint accuracy.

[b]Entertainment:[/b] Knife thrower, sword juggler/swallower, any tricks to do with weapons pretty much.

[b]Appearance:[/b] Kat has an average height and build for a female of her age, with some extra flexibility that many others don't have. She's usually seen with a coloured bandanna wrapped around her left bicep. Kat has short chestnut brown hair and her eyes are a soft brown. Kat is always seen wearing pants and a top of some kind, usually in dark colours like black and navy blue. Under her clothes she has weapons, like a [url="http://www.stagecombat.com/images/rentals/julietDagger.jpg"]small dagger[/url] in each boot and a [url="http://www.planetfortress.com/tf2models/previews/armed%20forces/knife-1.jpg"]knife[/url] under her shirt, but when she's not performing, she carries more weapons [b][see below in Other Info][/b].

[b]Personality:[/b] Kat is someone who will slay and gut you before you blink an eye if you even look at her wrong. She can be very edgy at times and won't be someone to mess around with. But she never acts like that around the group much, since they're close after travelling together for so long. She's open to making friends but will be careful around them until she's known them long enough. People think she's like a cat at times because her weapons serve as her claws, and she's very flexible and fluid like a cat.

[b]Any Other Info:[/b] When not performing, she carries a [url="http://www.galbadiax.com/ff10/screens/tidus.jpg"]sword[/url] on her back, the [url="http://www.stagecombat.com/images/rentals/julietDagger.jpg"]daggers[/url] in her boots, the [url="http://www.planetfortress.com/tf2models/previews/armed%20forces/knife-1.jpg"]knife[/url], [url="http://amethyst-angel.com/cosimages/rikkublades.jpg"]twin daggers[/url][b] [but they're navy blue instead of red and silver on the gold parts] [/b]on her belt and a pouch of [url="http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0006GYN06.01-A20YUEE2UGU92X._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg"]throwing knives[/url] tied to her belt, hanging over her left hip. Though she has more stashed away and hidden which she sometimes uses instead of some of her other weapons. [b][When the time comes, I'll mention them and produce images] [/b]Some people would think why someone would need so many weapons, but her motto is, 'You can never have too many weapons.' and its better to be safe than sorry.
[/color]

[SIZE=1][B]Name:[/B] Morag Dunstibar
[B]Gender:[/B] Male
[B]Age:[/B] 26
[B]Skill:[/B] Morag has always been a skilled talker and has been known to talk his way out of the hands of the law on more than one occasion. It his persuasiveness and his ability to distract people that is his key, his distraction gives the group more time to escape or enter a building.

[B]Entertainment:[/B] Morag has a beautiful silky voice and is the singer of the group, he entertains people by singing requested songs or just standing there waiting for people to tip him. He's learning how to play the mandolin.

[B]Appearance:[/B] Morag has flaming red hair that he keeps at shoulder length, usually tied back by a black ribbon. His eyes are emerald green and he has thick eyelashes, making him quite the attractive young man. He has a kind face and a brilliant smile with thin, pale pink lips. It's not only his voice he uses to make people trust him. He is lean and stands at 5'8'' with slim but toned arms and legs. He usually wears brown trousers tucked into black suede boots with a black tunic over the top. He always wears a crucifix, which reminds him of his mother.

[B]Personality:[/B] Morag is a very friendly and genuinely nice guy who tries his very best to appeal to everyone he meets. He enjoys making friends and is always quick with a joke to keep everyone smiling. He can be a little eccentric at times, which may annoy more straight-faced members of the group. He?s always ready to make fun of any situation, even a bad one. His only problem is his attraction to danger--he gets a cheap thrill from almost getting caught and on more than one occasion has almost landed the whole group in big trouble with the authorities. He?s one of those people that, no matter how hard you try, you just can't stay angry with him.

[B]Any Other Info:[/B] Morag loves his mother, having never known any other family. He hasn't seen her in four years and is terrified that she'll find out about his thievery. He has convinced her that he is indeed a famous singer, adored by many.

[B]Didn't I say I loved this idea? Hope this is okay.[/B][/SIZE]

[FONT=Verdana][SIZE=1][COLOR=Blue][B]Name[/B]: Elizabeth Marques (Mark-Quey)
[B]Age[/B]: 24
[B]Skill[/B]: Flute charm. A bard of some sort...
[B]Entertainment[/B]: Musician, plays the flute.
[B]Appearance[/B]: Elizabeth is very tall for her age. She stands about 5'9'', some of the people around the cities call her the "Beautiful Giant". This title could have been offensive to some people but Elizabeth finds it quite amusing. Her golden locks fall down to about shoulder length, she usually plays with it showing she is bored or thinking of a scam. She wears a big purple elegant dress, ruffles decorate the chest area. Her boots are that made of leather, the strings very thick but unnoticable under her dress.
[B]Personality[/B]: Very calm and peacefull, well unless it comes down to fighting. Elizabeth has the tendancy to walk into the battle, sit on a rock and cross her legs. Small smirks slip onto her face as the battle intensifies. Her cockiness can sometimes get the best of her at most times. But other times it is what makes her liked. Overall she is calm but sarcastic, peacefull but cocky.
[B]Other Info[/B]: Elizabeth is in this for all the money. And that's it. [/COLOR] [/SIZE] [/FONT]

[COLOR=DarkSlateGray][B]Name:[/B] Widdershins

[B]Gender:[/B] Female

[B]Age:[/B] 4, the cat equivalent to 22.

[B]Skill:[/B] She's a cat. No, she doesn't turn into a cat, she [i]is[/i] a cat.

[B]Entertainment:[/B] A talking cat. How quaint! How amusing! Let's put the kiddies down and let them talk to her! Bah. Humans...she performs tricks, and also tells stories, although the stories tend to be from a cat's point of view.

[B]Appearance: [/B] [URL=http://www.koori-storm.com/na/photos/magic2.jpg]Meow?[/URL]

[B]Personality: [/B] Widdershins is very much a cat. She likes attention [when it doesn't come in the form of little children pulling her tail] but she won't beg for it. As a matter of fact, she likes it much better when people beg [i]her[/i] to pay attention to [i]them[/i]. She's very picky as to who can pet her, and prefers to stay near Luca. Her excuse is every magician needs a black cat. She also gives new meaning to the term "cat burgalar".

[B]Any Other Info:[/B] Widdershins does NOT like being called anything but "Widdershins". No Kitty, no Shins, no Puss, and [i]specifically[/i] no "Widdy". She will enforce this preference with her claws. She also doesn't like water.[/COLOR]

Name: Laqara Salaeso

Skill: Laqara is, basically, an elementalist of water. That?s not the whole story, though. She used to be human, but over the years, her powers have changed her. She is no longer human. laqara is now more of an elemental being of water. This transformation hightened her elemental abilities, but changed her into something else. She is no longer human.

Laqara?s abilities include the basic creation and manipulation of water. She?s able to ustalize water in any form, including frozen as ice or as a gas in the air. She?s able to see it in any form, includig the gaseous state. She can even see the water in another person?s body. she?s able to shift her form into a more liquid state, and is also able to breathe underwater.

Entertainment: Laqara brings visual effects to the show. She uses herself and her abilities to maximum visual effect, and can put on quite a show even by herself.

Appearance: Laqara?s change to an elemental being altered her form. though her basic body shape is that of a human female, she doesn?t look at all human. For one thing, her skin is a kind of blue-green color, the color of water. Though it looks like normal skin aside from the color, it?s significantly tougher, funcioning more like a hide. Laqara?s hair is a similar color to that of her skin, but with more green. Her eyes are the same color as her hair.

Personality: Laqara is the kind of person who doesn?t give up. She finishes what she starts. She?s a pretty smart person, and a quick thinker as well. She?s very good at putting the pieces together, figuring out riddles. Laqara has an intest in ancient legends, and can frequently be found doing research durring her free time. Her enthusiasm for finding the Dragon Dews comes more from her intrest in the legends surrounding them than from a desire for cash.

Other: For weapons, Laqara uses a pair of bladed staffs.

Yes, DW approoved that. Oh, and to you, DW: please do not add music to the Adventure Square thread when you put it up.

Thank god I found this before it was too late...

Name: Tical Zidane

Skill: Engineer/Guitarist

Entertainment: He likes to play his special guitar he invented. He is currently working on new types of guitars to play, including his latest project "electric" guitar. He hopes to finish it withen 20 years...

Appearance: Kyohen is a bit shorter than most, at 5 feet and 4 inches. He has blue hair that goes down to his shoulders. He wears normal brown travelers pants and a blue tunic. Ktohen has horrible eyesight and wears small thin, brown glasses that hang on the tip of his nose, with a blue tint... specially designed of course. He wears a large sombrero as well. His guitar is a specially designed acoustic painted a thin coat of dark blue.

Personality: Kyohen considers himself a ladies man, and he is sometimes, but he always screws up and loses his girl. He isn't all that smart, but he isn't wreckless. Hes the kind of guy who would see a dark forest and say "I aint going in there..." while the wreckless ones run in. He isn't a bad fighter, as he can use any short sword, but he isn't all that strong. Kyohen's one major flaw is that he is a chain-smoker.

Other: He is simply a thief and goes where the captain says...

[COLOR=SlateGray][SIZE=1][B]Name:[/B] Sarissa de Leon
[B]Gender:[/B] Female
[B]Age:[/B] 24
[B]Skill:[/B] Sarissa is an attractive young woman who likes to take things from other people. So what better skill for the lascivious thief than to use her, ahem, [I]feminine charms[/I] to their fullest? However, since this use of seduction sometimes backfires, Sarissa has trained herself in unarmed combat, making her a powerful and graceful warrior.
[B]Entertainment:[/B] Sarissa flaunts her body, and her skills, the best way a musician can: By being a scantily clad dancer.
[B]Appearance: [/B]
[URL=http://hyung-taekim.org/displayimage.php?album=random&cat=0&pos=-517]Sarissa[/URL], in her dancing garb.
She usually wears an actual shirt, as well as a slightly longer skirt.
[B]Personality:[/B] Sarissa is, well, a seductress, plain and simple. She has no moral objection for playing to weaknesses of men...or stealing their stuff at the same time. In fact, she finds that its her "calling" in life to take the valuable possessions of drunken louts. Or, at least, that's what she tells everybody...

Apart from her seduction, Sarissa is a tough, rather hard-headed woman. Fiercly stubborn, she never, ever backs down from a challange. Thus, she is GOING to steal the Dragon Dews, come Hell or high water. Determined, fiery, and occasionally quite reckless, she is a raging tornado of self-interest and self-appriciation. In addition, she's a sarcastic little spitfire, constantly teasing and shooting down her comrades.

[B]Any Other Info:[/B] Never, ever, under any circumstances, call her "baby," "honey," "hot stuff," or anything like it. Because you will probably end up less of a man for it. Also, she hates people who don't take things seriously. And cats. And, now that I think about it, anything that isn't money, jewlery, ale, or a fluffy pillow.

[B]OOC: [/B] DW, the music (and the RP, of course) rocks my socks. Chrono Cross pwnz![/SIZE][/COLOR]

[CENTER][COLOR="#CC3366"][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][b][U]My Character Sign-Up[/U][/b]

[b]Name:[/b] Imelda Socorro
[b]Gender:[/b] Female
[b]Age:[/b] 21.
[b]Skill:[/b] Imelda is great at crying and getting sympathy from others with her naive look. She has had alot of practice in alchemy and often creates different kinds of potions or powders. One of her favorite potions will lull her victums to sleep. Usually she makes the formula into a drink and offers them a glass. When they fall asleep she will still their possessions and anything she finds to be useful.
[b]Entertainment:[/b] She plays the violin as she has had many lessons at her old mansion where she use to live.
[b]Appearance:[/b] Imelda is an attractive girl who has long shiny black hair that flows down pass her waist and blue eyes that stand out from her tanned skin. Her hair that is often described as beautiful is usually let down when she wants to get attention but for the most part keeps it up when performing for it seems to attract the wrong kind of attention. Her figure is slim and petite like a young girls and she looks very young for her age as if she were on the brim of 18 years. Many envy her young look but she is more that what appears.
[b]Personality:[/b] At first Imelda seems like a sweet, naive and innocent young girl. She usually only shows this side of her when she is making up a story, but her true identity is much more than that. She has a very short temper and can be known to be a little bossy. Not a lot of people can stand Imelda's bitter attitudes and mood swings, but she's really a nice person at heart even if she doesn't always show it the right way. She loves to argue and thinks that with her cuteness she can get away with anything and get whatever she pleases. She is also pretty shallow and has a tendency to compete with other women and getting on their nerves.
[b]Any Other Info:[/b] Imelda can be called many different names, for she has very many. In a formal greeting with someone she doesn't know she prefers to be called "Miss Imelda" or "Miss Melda" and with people she knows or friends they mostly end up just calling her Mel. She wants to get the money so that she will be richer and more desirable by all. (mind you, shes vain so this is what she thinks we'll make her a better person)

[b]OOC:[/b] Unborn Lord Xion X you had the same character I had in mind, they were almost identical lol so I had to re-do mine. Just thought that was funny. Oh well. Also I love the music in the background, your right, it really puts you in the mood! BTW, Just to let you know, I changed it Dragon Warrior. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER]

[color=#9933ff]*sigh* I guess if I never sign up for an RPG, I can't be in one, and then I can't get any better at them. So here I am again, this time signing up for real (though I probably won't get picked).

[b]Edit 1[/b]: Much better. I changed my character to a guy, since you were lacking male sign-ups. I'm still not finished, but I've got the basic framework done. He's not a sissy, either!

[B]Edit 2[/b]: I'm pretty much done with this guy. He's pretty much to my liking. I could change around some of the wording on this, but I'm at my friend's house so I can't do a full edit or anything. ^^; [/color]

Name: Boudewijn (Bow-dew-win) Desesprechin. His family nickname is Boud, and he doesn't like it when the other Cold Spades call him that, but they do it anyway, because who wants to say "Boudewijn?"

[size=1][color=#9933ff]-The really long name side story, because it's semi-interesting: If it helps you to pronounce his first name, the real name it comes from is "baldwin" from the German bald (brave) + win (friend). It was an extremely popular name given among the Normans & Flanders in the middle ages. Boudewjin is the Dutch form of this name. The "ij" is pronounced like a "y," though. (And Boud is my own nickname) [b]Desesprechin[/b] is a real name taken from a medieval census in France near the Belgian border. Northern Belguium culture is influenced by the Flemming Dutch, and the south by French speaking Walloons. So half his name is Dutch and the other half French.[/color][/size]

Skill: Can talk to animals. He can call on them to help him, or know when to leave an area because of unfriendly animals. Also close to being an expert in combat; unarmed and also using weapons that involve chains of some sort.

Entertainment: Depending on how much space there is for the show, Boudewijn can do riding stunts, or make the local animals ( Dogs, cats, farm animals) do tricks. He can also make the birds & rabbits that come out of Luca's magiician's hat perform tricks for the crowd, as well.

Appearance: He is of average height at 5' 9". He has straight long brown hair that extends to around his chin, and dark blue eyes. Boudewijn wears baggy black Jodhpurs (riding pants but they come in different styles & materials. For now, think of Duo Maxwell's pants). He wears plain white dress shirts that either don't have a collar, or have a very high collar, with satin and cotton vests. He likes to wear blue and grey vests the most. Boudewijn also wears high riding boots that go halfway up his calf.

Oh, and coming from a wealthy family, Boudewijn has an obsession with coats: Long coats, short ones, tan, brown, black, leather, cotton; you name it, he's got it. Unfortunately, he can only take a few coats with him while traveling. The rest reside at his parent's home; the only place he's ever lived since he makes his living on the road, performing and stealing with the Secondhand fiddles (er.. Cold Spades). Perferring to have his own coats, made just for him, Boudewijn refuses to steal them.

Personality: Boudewijn is someone else who's just "one of the guys." He loves to laugh, though maybe not the best at telling jokes. And, Boudewijn is also very intuitive with nature. When he was seventeen and eighteen, Boudewijn traveled through much of the world of Rolani, met different people, saw different cultures, as well as picked up on some oftheir thievery tricks, and had stolen many a valuable and exotic item. He also likes books, but owns none. After he reads one, Boudewijn trades for a new one in whatever town the Secondhand fiddles happen to be performing in.

Any Other Info: As you've probably guessed, Boudewijn comes from a well-to-do family that seems not to have to work for what they want. So why does he steal? The family secret, or rather, tradition, is that they [i]earn[/i] their fortune by stealing. As per tradition, he has become a thief as well.

Having so much money, Boudewijn has been brought up as well-educated in books, [i]and[/i] the art of thievery. He likes both of them equally, impressing many people with his knowledge, and also tricking them by form of stealing or pickpocketing.

Boudewijn also has a younger sister who, of course, is a thief.

Okay, I was hopeing this would be up by now, so I could introduce my character before leaving on vacation. Unfortunatly, I probably won?t be able to get on before I leave later today, so there?s absolutly no chance of that happening, and I?ll be gone for most of the week. So, whatever we end up doing in the early posts, try to keep contact with Laqara to a minimum (if we?re performing, then she obviously does her part). She?ll be researching the legends surounding the Dragon Dews, so if she is seen in someone?s post, have her be occupied with that.

I?ll try and find a computer to use while I?m on vacation, but that probably won?t happen, so I?ll probably not be back on until Thursday evening. Try not to use my character too much before I can get an introductory post up.

Sign ups have officially [b]CLOSED[/b]. I gratefully thank all of you who signed up and took the time to make your applications the best they can be. Now, the moment of truth: those made it in are...

[size=1][i]Sakura
Delacroix
Ozymandius Jones
ThatOneOddDude
Pumpkin
Unborn Lord Xion[/i][/size]

Judging for which ones made it in was difficult, but it was mostly on how well developed your character was and how useful of an asset they'd be to the team. Once again, thanks and the RPG will start later tonight!

[img]http://img131.exs.cx/img131/8930/dwwashere9rz.gif[/img]