Guild Wars

Drix D'Zanth

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[QUOTE=Gambito]so am i creating a character for PvE or PvP or 2 characters for both? :animesmil

what is the guilds primary focus atm?[/QUOTE]Hrm, I'd create a pve character to start, explore Ascalon, move through time to Old Ascalon via the story and just play through the story and side quests unlocking skills for pvp use for the two job classes you selected for your character. That's essentially what you are doing in pve if you are interested, unlocking those skills for those classes for use in pve.

As for whether or not to create a pvp character... up to you, I'd say wait and become familiar with the game first. If you mean specifically for the guild, maybe one of the guild leaders has a different take on it? but that?s what I figure would be your best bet.

The guild's main focus right now is PvE, I'd say, because our membership isn't equipped properly for PvP. I have a feeling we'd be pretty rusty in terms of PvP/GvG. With the Holiday breaks coming up, though, hopefully we can get some action. ~_^

That's not to say we can't do PvP, though. Most of the active members have done it fairly often in the past (one of our Members is a PvP addict, lol, and I hop into Arenas every now and again), so we know our way around it. It's just a timing issue I think. Schedules are hectic.

Regarding types of characters to create...that's entirely up to you. We have a pretty solid variety now, I think, although with the inactive members lately, we might need to replenish some of the professions.

Off the top of my head, I think Warriors, Elementalists, and Rangers are what we need the most. Probably a Mesmer or two, as well.

I must play a pvp anti-caster Mesmer or a frag Mesmer (fragility + hex/remove) for you guys or aftershock/earthquake ele for when we do gvg/Tombs... it would be great! I have a pretty good idea too about a AS build we could all use in pvp during winter session to try out... pretty much basically AS + Word Heal monks. Basic as could be... but if good tactics are used, they pwn often in Tombs... or did when I used to play :) Used to love playing my air spiker but with updates being as they have lately, haven't been doing that ;/

The only thing I have to insist upon if we do pvp as a group *as I mentioned to Brasil* is voice ;/ I really do think it makes all the difference, but up to you guild owner guys.

Well got GW: Special Edition today >.< gonna make up my peep for PvE use and see how it goes, could the members in the guild here pm me your MSN or what not so i can have some real time advice and not ***** my noobness over the forum all the time :D

Will do a Necromancer/Warrior peep for those concerned

[QUOTE=Gambito]Well got GW: Special Edition today >.< gonna make up my peep for PvE use and see how it goes, could the members in the guild here pm me your MSN or what not so i can have some real time advice and not ***** my noobness over the forum all the time :D

Will do a Necromancer/Warrior peep for those concerned[/QUOTE]
You lucky guy you, now you have access to divine auras! Well, I know they aren't that special but *I* love them :) if you do an emote like /dance, watch the pretty colors (monks look exceptionally nice).

Add Chrysalis Amralyn to your friends list by hitting "N" and then typing the name. I'll be on. Oh and come to think of it *more for the group, going on about what I was saying before* an AS/KD warrior + Word Healing team usually works just as good two (AS only 2 is needed, 2 chars that is).

We're having some difficulties sending out guild invites. Please make sure of the following:

1) You currently are not in a guild.

2) You're on the American servers. (instructions on switching are below)

To change servers, log in, go to "Edit Account," then "Change Territory." You can only change territories a max of 5 times, so make sure you get it right. ~_^ We're on the American server (it may be called North America).

[QUOTE=Brasil]We're having some difficulties sending out guild invites. Please make sure of the following:

1) You currently are not in a guild.

2) You're on the American servers. (instructions on switching are below)

To change servers, log in, go to "Edit Account," then "Change Territory." You can only change territories a max of 5 times, so make sure you get it right. ~_^ We're on the American server (it may be called North America).[/QUOTE]

better be peeps playing on GMT hours as well damnit lol >.<

[color=#4B0082]Okay, I've gotten everyone into the guild now. Welcome, and have fun. :)

And I've started playing more often again. I started a ranger (yes, again, but I'm not letting my secondary class distract me this time) and played her through pre-searing. She's still there currently, but all that's really left to do is take her to post. I'll probably do that some time tonight.

I'm planning on going primarily Wilderness Survival for doing traps, ignite, poison, gas, all that fun stuff. I'll probably throw some interrupts in there too. Ignite Arrows is already lots of fun, and I can't wait till I can pump Wilderness higher and get Lightning Reflexes for the attack speed bonus.[/color]

[QUOTE=Desbreko][color=#4B0082]Okay, I've gotten everyone into the guild now. Welcome, and have fun. :)

And I've started playing more often again. I started a ranger (yes, again, but I'm not letting my secondary class distract me this time) and played her through pre-searing. She's still there currently, but all that's really left to do is take her to post. I'll probably do that some time tonight.

I'm planning on going primarily Wilderness Survival for doing traps, ignite, poison, gas, all that fun stuff. I'll probably throw some interrupts in there too. Ignite Arrows is already lots of fun, and I can't wait till I can pump Wilderness higher and get Lightning Reflexes for the attack speed bonus.[/color][/QUOTE]

Now work on the guild forum!

Got the TS sussed i think, free 200 member server, just gonna check on the CA availability tomorrow and if its all cool, ill post details and peeps can sign up :animesmil

[QUOTE=Gambito]Now work on the guild forum!

Got the TS sussed i think, free 200 member server, just gonna check on the CA availability tomorrow and if its all cool, ill post details and peeps can sign up :animesmil[/QUOTE]My scottish friend =^.^=, tell me how goes the TS business - if it doesn't work, we'll come up with another idea (after all, I think I can dedicate a server solely for Otaku TS, which will allow moderators full admin privs, however if that free 200 member thing works... why not, less work for me).

[B]Top 5 Reasons to Join QKT?[/B]
5. We are friendly people with a kind heart to noobs.
4. I think the officers are considering more PvP when Winter Session happens and more people are on. So a lot of fun ahead if you want to try something different other than PvE!
3. Players in QKT can help players do just about anything (some of us have a lot of experience). Some of us make it on line [i]a lot[/i].
2. Because Eddie's mountain is the bomb... literally, a bomb. :animeknow
1. Because I made this, no distributing it (copyrights enforced). Character is my Eve, sporting her lovely fully customized Mesmer prestige. (All right, all right, I made this post just to show off the armor.)

[URL=http://img368.imageshack.us/my.php?image=eveadvertuntitled2copy0ey.jpg][IMG]http://img368.imageshack.us/img368/2510/eveadvertuntitled2copy0ey.th.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[SIZE=1]I thought the QKT's "cape", for the lack of a better word was purple ? Hopefully I'll have the oppertunity to play Guild Wars when I'm staying with my cousins in Hobart for a few weeks, and I look forward to seeing what all the fuss has been about. [/SIZE]

Guest Tigris Tusha
:O You forgot to mention the fact that I also give out free cookies! Yummy ones too! >/ bad Adam ::thwapsat::

Should I post my own armor. :3 its pretty tooo! It makes my char look seeexeh super seeexeh you want her booodeh you wanna looove it oh yes you doooo! :D

n.n <3 Tush :catgirl:

[quote name='Gavin][SIZE=1']I thought the QKT's "cape", for the lack of a better word was purple ? Hopefully I'll have the oppertunity to play Guild Wars when I'm staying with my cousins in Hobart for a few weeks, and I look forward to seeing what all the fuss has been about. [/SIZE][/quote]No better word I don't think, it's a cape! :) And from what I know they changed the cape during Halloween. I believe someone named Alex is responsible, now it's black with that cool logo on it, glows nicely with a good graphics card - a Halloween special cape design, if I'm not mistaking. The cape now just plain rocks. I haven't been with the Guild long so I I'll let someone else answer - but yeah, pretty sure this cape is relatively new.

[quote=Tigris]:O You forgot to mention the fact that I also give out free cookies! Yummy ones too! >/ bad Adam ::thwapsat::

Should I post my own armor. :3 its pretty tooo! It makes my char look seeexeh super seeexeh you want her booodeh you wanna looove it oh yes you doooo! [/quote]Mmm... cookies. You never gave me any cookies! Tsk tsk, cough it up! Your character is [b]very[/b] pretty with her prestige, we should really take some Guild screenshots and or movies (I have fraps). =^.^=

Maybe Winter Session if we all do PvP together.

Yeah, our cape went through three different color coordinations. Originally, we had a purple background/white emblem. It was pretty nice, and very bouncy. It caught people's attention, definitely.

When Halloween rolled around, I approached James about doing a special Halloween color theme. He was cool with it, and I donated the 2k. Those colors were a goldish/orange emblem on a black background. Looked wicked.

After Halloween was over (and after James got back from vacation), the cape changed again, but keeping the Halloween cape shape (the torn, tattered thing). The colors were changed to a white emblem on the black background. And it looks very schway.

I was recently goofing around in the Competition Arenas, playing an Illusion/Domination build as Jade, and I think I'm going to start figuring out how that type of build would work best universally. Jade, as many of you know, is a Necro, so I couldn't have that build working at full potential. Leah, on the other hand, is a primary Mesmer, so I may look at getting a run to Droks to gather a few skills.

I think the skill I'm most fond of in that build is Sympathetic Visage. In a 4v4 battle, I got targeted by two Warriors, cast Symp. Visage on myself, and within a second, they stopped attacking me. I'm definitely interested in pursuing an Illusion-based build now.

Hey guys, about the TS ok lets see

Server is

gw.upallnightgaming.com

Pass is

erm, forgot but working on rememberin LOL ive saved it but forgot it, server is ok (as far as TS is ok lol) we just need some peep to ask the SA for a CA while were there, our own server will be nice but this **** is free and easy and will serve our purposes quite well i believe unless we get militant with our game.

Havent been around past few days, had RL **** to take care of, however yeah our cape is defo due for a big change with the luck of god :animesmil

What is our channel name? No pass req it seems, for CAs there will be a pass because they will need to sign in with the same username and the like - regular users just need a Nickname. And once we know it (channel), we should specify it when we log in - like, (hostname), (no password), (channel) so people can input it right into their TS settings and log directly into the channel. I'm saying this for advertising purposes in the Guild's announcement, which is customary if the officers approve.

Awesome work, good job! =^.^=

[font=franklin gothic medium]In terms of setting up voice chat, I'd like it if someone could post instructions for us lay people so that we know how to use it. I've never used something like that before for gaming and I'm willing to bet that several other guild members haven't either. If we could get some more instructions/details on that, I'd be most pleased.

In regard to the cape, yeah, it has been through two changes. Colour and shape may always evolve, but I suspect that we will keep the logo intact no matter what. I felt it was really important to have a bold, easily-recognizable design. Luckily our cape is highly visible and recognizable from a distance, because it isn't messy/complicated. That's one of the important aspects I think.[/font]

[quote name='James][font=franklin gothic medium']In terms of setting up voice chat, I'd like it if someone could post instructions for us lay people so that we know how to use it. I've never used something like that before for gaming and I'm willing to bet that several other guild members haven't either. If we could get some more instructions/details on that, I'd be most pleased..[/font][/quote]I have a screen shot, plus I'll type up some info regarding TS if no one else was going to do it. (I'll replace this post with the screen shot and so on as soon as I get the channel info.)

[b]NOTE:[/b] As Gambito Gambito is indicated - [b]Hostname:[/b] gw.upallnightgaming.com:8774 [b]password:[/b] guildwars. Right, this is the correct port Gambito? The one you gave works too... but on their site they say this is the one for GW... is it the one you gave, or this one? But still, which is our channel? :D With the channel name we can set our clients to connect right to the channel - after you let me know, I'll make the screen shot and post it.

Also a guide to binding keys will be posted, which people should do to mute themselves out if they are chewing, burping, or birthing children while people are trying to game. :)

yeah guildwars is the pw what do ya know, common gambito whats a good 9 letter word pw for a guildwars server hmmmmm pendejo...... :animestun

The port IS 8767

Server IP:
gw.upallnightgaming.com:8767
(204.11.233.196:8767)

man our cape really does suck

:animesmil

Oh yeah regarding binds, just set up "push key" to talk and for channels and stuff, guy i spoke too just said fluffle up a SA until he makes the channel :D

[color=#4B0082]Please use the Edit function rather than double posting. - [i]Desbreko[/i][/color]

[color=#4B0082]So I've been thinking about the build I'm headed towards for Fina, my ranger. I got a run down to Droknar's as soon as I got to Beacon's Perch, where I was able to buy Dust Trap, Flame Trap, and Concussion Shot. (And once I get Serpent's Quickness, I'll be getting Choking Gas too.) I'm finding the skill set I've worked out, or at least as close as I can get to it at the moment, is both a lot of fun and pretty effective. I've dubbed it my "wreak havoc" build.[/color]

[quote]Fina Silven
Ranger/Necromancer

Attribute Points - 199/200
Wilderness Survival: 11+4=15 (77)
Marksmanship: 10+1=11 (61)
Expertise: 10+1=11 (61)

Skills
Energy/Activation/Recharge

Before Expertise
5/.5/10 - Distracting Shot
25/.5/10 - Concussion Shot
10/2/12 - Ignite Arrows
15/2/24 - Choking Gas
10/2/20 - Spike Trap [E]
25/2/30 - Dust Trap
5/0/45 - Serpent's Quickness
5/3/10 - Troll Unguent

After Expertise
3/.5/10 - Distracting Shot
14/.5/10 - Concussion Shot
6/2/12 - Ignite Arrows
8/2/24 - Choking Gas
6/2/20 - Spike Trap [E]
14/2/30 - Dust Trap
5/0/45 - Serpent's Quickness
5/3/10 - Troll Unguent[/quote][color=#4B0082]I've actually found, if I'm sneaky about it, I can run right up next to enemies and lay a couple traps without them ever hitting me; the aggro dodging skills I learned as a monk and elementalist are paying off with this build. So that's fun and oh-so-effective against melee types, and then I can also do interrupts with Distracting Shot, C. Shot, and Choking Gas to wreak havoc among casters. Ignite Arrows is there for when I just need some straight damage, while Serpent's Quickness will keep the recharges on my traps and Choking Gas down. (Choking Gas will only have a 4 second downtime with Serpent's Quickness going, if I want to spend the energy to keep renewing it.) And of course, with 15 Wilderness, it's hard to say no to +10 regen from Troll Unguent.

And finally, here's some pictures of the beautiful Fina Silven herself, posing in her druid's armor, dyed silver-yellow.[/color]

[URL=http://img522.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ssilveryellow12ba.png][IMG]http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/3848/ssilveryellow12ba.th.png[/IMG][/URL] [URL=http://img522.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ssilveryellow20yx.png][IMG]http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/1663/ssilveryellow20yx.th.png[/IMG][/URL] [URL=http://img254.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ssilveryellow30jg.png][IMG]http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/2428/ssilveryellow30jg.th.png[/IMG][/URL]

[quote name='Desbreko][color=#4B0082']So I've been thinking about the build I'm headed towards for Fina, my ranger.[/color][/quote]If you don?t mind my opinion?

Good build all and all for pve? in fact I like it a lot! The traps do take a while but that shouldn?t be too much of a problem in pve (I?m half sure Fina is used primarily for pve only so I doubt I even have to mention pvp). Substantial damage output I see if done properly, at least to mobs and the like ? I rather like it, seems very effective against offensive attacks on bosses as well instead of just pulling and trapping.

Many similar ranger builds follow the same general guideline, but you undoubtedly removed the nonsense and left the ?best of the best? for situations previously mentioned. If I was playing a ranger, I?d gladly use the build or one similar. I like how you managed to blend traps with some offensive skills to allow for diverse conditions. Again, this though is part of the reason I mentioned pve only, but serves well in pve given the amount of shifting situations that can arise.

(I?ll only say this one since it is unfair to Desbreko that in my reply I include things which do not pertain remotely to his build. For [b]those that do not know and are new to GW[/b], PVP builds are generally focused, goal oriented for planned situations, single minded so to speak enhancing one aspect of combat alone. For instance, ranger spirit spammers, ranger damage over time teams, knockdown team with aftershock ele blended with KD warriors, and so on ? this is coordination, not mundane game play for the players need to be heavily coordinated to carry out spikes/strikes efficiently. It is essential to staying alive and dealing damage at the same time, even it means the inability for self-sustaining skill/spells... and in fact, self-sustaining skill/spells in PVP are useless since you will undoubtedly have a monk. That being said I know a few people on here are interested in PVP builds ? I encourage more build posting in the future.)

So yes, back to Desbreko *moves the spotlight back over where it should be* great! Helluva-useful.

[SIZE=4]More pics (names are linked if not images)...[/SIZE]
Random Hall Wins With the Old Guild (Spirit of Serenity):

[URL=http://img376.imageshack.us/my.php?image=hallwinnings0rj.jpg][IMG]http://img376.imageshack.us/img376/8591/hallwinnings0rj.th.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=http://img376.imageshack.us/my.php?image=hall1xd.jpg][IMG]http://img376.imageshack.us/img376/1007/hall1xd.th.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
[URL=http://img376.imageshack.us/my.php?image=softntender0qu.jpg][IMG]http://img376.imageshack.us/img376/3668/softntender0qu.th.jpg[/IMG][/URL] *

Cant find an actual my "Victory" screen shot with the Guild name announced to the Guild Wars World, had a nice one, but you can tell by my droppings that I was a happy camper that day. And yes after the boon update I switched from boon healing to Word healing.

* This is Soft N Tender in HoH (Hall), my ultra fine AS/quake ele for a KD build.

Taliya (played by Tigris Tusha on the forums), and my new Mesmer Eve:

[URL=http://img122.imageshack.us/my.php?image=taliyaneve21jb.jpg][IMG]http://img122.imageshack.us/img122/8039/taliyaneve21jb.th.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=http://img122.imageshack.us/my.php?image=taliyaneve15sv.jpg][IMG]http://img122.imageshack.us/img122/6553/taliyaneve15sv.th.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[b](First) PVE character: (15 aero set based on collectors, baby blue)[/b]
[URL=http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b180/phoenixfire303/charpics/Chrys-caps.jpg]Chrysalis Amralyn[/URL] - E/me fire and was E/mo for mist form smiting.

[b]First PVP character:[/b] [URL=http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b180/phoenixfire303/charpics/dembalah.jpg]Demba Stormguard[/URL] - E/me air spiker.

[B][URL=http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b180/phoenixfire303/charpics/morechrysalis.jpg]More Chrysalis[/URL][/B]

[B][URL=http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b180/phoenixfire303/charpics/spiritofserinity.jpg]Spirit of Serenity (monk)[/URL][/B]

[color=#4B0082]Yeah, this build is entirely PvE oriented. Spreading a build out between so many things in PvP would be a waste of time and skills, but for PvE I try to be well rounded. Different skills for different situations and such, which I usually find to be more useful unless I happen to get into a really well organized party.

Arik is the only one I really play PvP with, so all my other characters are focused on PvE.[/color]