OtakuBoards

Guild Wars

Drix D'Zanth

[quote name='Boo'][size=1]In fact, it's [i]only[/i] for level 20 characters, if I recall correctly. :p[/size][/QUOTE]

[size=1]Ah thanks Boo, as I said, I hadn?t done any research on it and assumed it was the same setup as the previous three. Guess that means I?ll have to go back to grinding with Alexander to get him up those last fourteen levels. :animesigh[/size]

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[color=#4B0082]Eye of the North is an expansion rather than a new campaign so you can't create new characters in it. It requires that you have at least one of the three campaigns and use a pre-existing character. And only level 20 characters can take the quest to access GWEN areas I believe.

If you're still playing through Prophecies, Gavin, you'll want to at least get up to Droknar's Forge and buy max armor (you'll be level 20 by then too) before heading into GWEN. There are only "elite" armors available in GWEN, meaning they have a fancy skin and each piece costs 10k instead of the normal 1k. Not to mention you need rank 5 in the proper title track for the crafters to even talk to you.[/color]

• 1 year later...
[font=franklin gothic medium]Does anyone still play this?

I got Eye of the North only a few weeks ago and I've been loving it. The fact that I can also now edit my characters' styles/names makes a big difference.

I've been getting back into the game and I've now been playing it again for several weeks solid. I'm even going back into Prophecies and doing stuff I hadn't done yet.

Also I never finished Factions and Nightfall... now I'm working on that. I'm also experimenting with some new character builds that I was never interested in before.

It's a shame I never see Otakuites on anymore. [/font]

[size=1]Actually, I was just enjoying Pre-Searing with a ranger the past few days and was about to pop out of it and continue in post-searing. Besides, I also wanted to finally do some Factions things I had never done. I've never finished it either. :V

And now you can finally travel between international districts without consequences, so doing stuff together shouldn't be a problem. :^D Though I sort of forgot everyone's name on there.[/size]

[font=franklin gothic medium]Good good. Well if you see me in the game, be sure to send a whisper.

I actually never got very far in Factions, it was my least favourite game. But I'm re-doubling my efforts there, haha.[/font]

[size=1]I pushed through the big city and after that I hardly progressed at all... Oh well! Now we can re-double efforts together perhaps! Yay!

What was your name again? I always had yours mixed up with Debbie's, I think... No wait, you're Coma Grey, right? Right?

(I'm actually finishing the last pre- quests as I type)[/size]

[size=1]Oh yeah, Coma Grey was still in my friends list, so I couldn't even add one of those names. Well, great!

My best name to remember is "Mr Wonka." I'm up for any mission or quest really, I haven't played enough to be tired of them all. :P[/size]

[color=#4B0082]I haven't been playing much lately since I've played nearly all the content across all the campaigns to death with heroes/henchmen. Plus I got Rock Band 2 and then Team Fortress 2 to occupy most of my gaming time. But I'd still be up for doing stuff with you guys. Just harass me to sign in if you see me on theO chat or here or AIM or wherever. :catgirl:

My characters are:

Arik Desbreko (monk)
Amelia Starfire (elementalist)
Fina Silven (ranger)
Eve Blackwind (necromancer)
Chloe Namir (assassin)
Edward Montblanc (warrior)
Meilin Tsao (mesmer)
Celeste Twilit (monk)

Almost all but Celeste, who's a newbie monk just out of pre-searing that I mainly created just to get a Charr Bag, have beaten the three main campaigns but most still have a lot or all of Eye of the North to do.[/color]

*raises hand*

I still play...except that my router is kinda screwy and I can only be online with one system at a time. (PS3 vs 360 vs PC. A battle for all time.)

I will...be on eventually.

Demos Huragesh

Amatros of the Pyre

Demos Levia

...Maybe something else that I forgot about, lol.

• 1 month later...
[font=franklin gothic medium]Well, I played a mission with Boo last night upon first arriving at the Jade Sea. That was fun - and sorry Boo for my internet being so crappy! I swear it likes to play up at just the wrong moment.

Still it was fun and it was great to be playing the game with a fellow OBer.

I've only got one character in Factions now and she's only just arrived at the Jade Sea as I mentioned above - frankly it took some effort, because I find the early portion of Factions to be incredibly monotonous. I've had a [i]lot[/i] more fun progressing in Nightfall. Something about much of the early scenery in Factions just bores the hell out of me (well, after the starter island anyway).

In any case, I'm definitely back into GW in a big way. I don't get the chance to play other than the weekends generally, but when I do it's been great fun. Even after years of playing, there's still a ton of stuff I just don't know - I've been reading up a fair bit on the Guild Wars Wiki to fill in the gaps.

I guess over all this time I've really just been a casual player. It's amazing how fast some of the hardcore players advance. :catgirl:[/font]

[B][FONT="Georgia"][SIZE="2"][COLOR="DarkGreen"]My sister actually got me into this game a few months ago. To be honest, though, I'm still a newb by most accounts. And yes, a newb. I'm told there's a difference between newb and n00b and I'm the good kind...haha.

Anyway, I'm in a guild called Foe Smiters [fss]. They're really getting into Hero's Ascension right now, so if you ever fight 'em, give them a shout out or something. I don't play on their team cuz I'm still too new to do very well. The biggest block with that is I don't have Nightfall yet. I have all the others though, but I need to get Nightfall.

My main characters in-game are Tanya Robinsong (ranger), Tanya Phoenixsong (monk), and Deirdre Rowind (assassin) so if you wanna chat, hit me up. :3[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B]

[FONT=Arial]I should be getting into this pending inbound funds (which will happen soon, actually) and a return to campus. Looked at it a bit myself, and another person was kind (or silly) enough to film a quick overview, and I have to say I like the simpler approach as far as skills/inventory.

Plus the no-subscription-fee thing is a major draw.

Probably start out with Prophecies, since it seems most people have that one, which'll make partying easier.[/FONT]