OtakuBoards

Guild Wars

Drix D'Zanth

[quote name='persocomblues']more build posting in the future.[/quote]
Okay, why not, eh? I've been tinkering with this team build for a few months now, and it was gestating for a few months before that. It's based on a few different observations I've made playing GW, and I suppose in that regard, it represents the culmination of a few different ideas. This build is my baby. ~_^

[quote=Synergy]Guild Wars Team Builder v1.05

TEAM NAME: Quantum Kabuki Troupe

BATTLE AREA: GvG/8v8

BUILD DESCRIPTION

PvP Synergy

TEAM PLAYERS

[u]Player 1[/u]

Warrior/Elementalist

Skill 1: Berserker Stance

Skill 2: Mighty Blow

Skill 3: Counter Blow

Skill 4: Distracting Blow

Skill 5: Ward Against Melee

Skill 6: Earth Shaker

Skill 7: Aftershock

Skill 8: Frenzy

Hammer Mastery 11 + 3
Strength 10 + 2
Earth Magic 10 + 0

Anti-Warrior: Wields a Shocking Hammer. Follows Air Ele's Glimmering Mark call. Earth Shaker-->Aftershock.
Distracting Blow, Counter Blow. Berserker/Frenzy. Caster support: Ward Against Melee

[u]Player 2[/u]

Warrior/Ranger

Skill 1: Berserker Stance

Skill 2: Executioner's Strike

Skill 3: Penetrating Blow

Skill 4: Cyclone Axe

Skill 5: Tiger's Fury

Skill 6: Disrupting Chop

Skill 7: Eviscerate

Skill 8: Apply Poison

Axe Mastery 11 + 0
Strength 9 + 0
Beast Mastery 10 + 0
Wilderness Survival 4 + 0

Axe Warrior. Executioner, Cyclone. Tiger's Furry. Apply Poison. Disrupting Chop. Damage output.

[u]Player 3[/u]

Elementalist/Mesmer

Skill 1: Air Attunement

Skill 2: Lightning Strike

Skill 3: Lightning Orb

Skill 4: Chain Lightning

Skill 5: Lightning Javelin

Skill 6: Glimmering Mark

Skill 7: Windborne Speed

Skill 8: Mantra of Concentration

Air Magic 12 + 4
Energy Storage 12 + 2
Inspiration Magic 3 + 0

Air Spiker. Glimmering Mark. Channeling. Mantra of Concentration. Air Attunement.

[u]Player 4[/u]

Necromancer/Mesmer

Skill 1: Enfeebling Blood

Skill 2: Shadow of Fear

Skill 3: Suffering

Skill 4: Faintheartedness

Skill 5: Feast of Corruption

Skill 6: Sympathetic Visage

Skill 7: Dark Fury

Skill 8: Blood Ritual

Blood Magic 3 + 0
Curses 12 + 4
Illusion Magic 12 + 0

Anti-Warrior: Enfeebling Blood. Shadow of Fear. Suffering. Faintheartedness. Feast of Corruption {E}. Caster
support: Sympathetic Visage. Blood Rit. Warrior support: Dark Fury.

[u]Player 5[/u]

Mesmer/Necromancer

Skill 1: Power Spike

Skill 2: Power Leak

Skill 3: Cry of Frustration

Skill 4: Shame

Skill 5: Mantra of Recovery

Skill 6: Arcane Mimicry

Skill 7: Backfire

Skill 8: Well of the Profane

Domination Magic 11 + 4
Fast Casting 12 + 3
Death Magic 6 + 0

Anti-Caster/Interrupts. Power Spike, Power Leak, CoF. Shame. Backfire. Enchant Suppression: Well of the Profane
Arcane Mimicry for Ranger/Mes Power Block. Fevered Dreams {E}

[u]Player 6[/u]

Ranger/Mesmer

Skill 1: Lightning Reflexes

Skill 2: Savage Shot

Skill 3: Distracting Shot

Skill 4: Concussion Shot

Skill 5: Power Leak

Skill 6: Power Spike

Skill 7: Power Block

Skill 8: Cry of Frustration

Marksmanship 10 + 3
Expertise 11 + 3
Domination Magic 10 + 0

Anti-Caster/Interrupts. Savage Shot, Distracting Shot, Concussion Shot. Power Leak/Spike/Block. CoF.

[u]Player 7[/u]

Monk/Mesmer

Skill 1: None

Skill 2: None

Skill 3: None

Skill 4: None

Skill 5: None

Skill 6: Remove Hex

Skill 7: Shatter Hex

Skill 8: Hex Breaker

Healing Prayers 10 + 2
Divine Favor 8 + 3
Domination Magic 12 + 0

Monk Healing; Remove Hex, Shatter Hex, Hex Breaker

[u]Player 8[/u]

Monk/Mesmer

Skill 1: None

Skill 2: None

Skill 3: None

Skill 4: None

Skill 5: None

Skill 6: Mend Condition

Skill 7: Mend Ailment

Skill 8: Hex Breaker

Protection Prayers 10 + 2
Divine Favor 8 + 3
Domination Magic 12 + 0

Monk Prot; Mend Condition, Mend Ailment, Hex Breaker[/quote]

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[SIZE=1]My relatives in America will be celebrating Christmas, so they have been nice enough to buy me GW on their holiday. :) But there is a few things that I would like to know before I start playing this December....

1) I know you guys are all probably sky rocketing the levels, but is there any way that you can Power Level me? I know back in my Everquest days people would do this thing where they take a noob and bring them through these quests and have them level up. So would anyone be able to help me with that or is that not possible?

2) Do you start off with a weapon? I am curious...

3) As for the Guild Hall which one have you all chosen?

4) When will I be able to join QKT? Or can I join up as quickly as I installed the game and created my character? xD

And thats about it. I am REALLY looking forward to playing with everyone. :)[/SIZE]

[quote name='Citrus']1) I know you guys are all probably sky rocketing the levels, but is there any way that you can Power Level me? I know back in my Everquest days people would do this thing where they take a noob and bring them through these quests and have them level up. So would anyone be able to help me with that or is that not possible?[/quote]Certainly, as far as I'm concerned I'd gladly walk you through some of the areas. Though you know how we made a distinction between pre-searing and post-searing earlier in the thread? Amusingly (and sadly) if we tried to help you through pre-searing (those of us who are in post-searing), we'd need to make a whole new character again and be in the same situation you are.

However some of our more experienced players have quite a bit of understanding as to where quests are located and how they are handled, so in that regard I for one would gladly assist you. Tag around with you (in the same party, which means we would share experience), and so on.

I have no characters I left in pre-searing, so yeah I'd have to make a new one - maybe someone else here has one they left in pre-searing for the sole purpose of helping pre-searing characters make it to post-searing.

As for post-searing some of us might be able to run you from location to location, though you'd have to do some leveling on your own to be able to handle the types of quests found at these locations (however the benefit is extreme, as you can also buy armor which is at higher levels at these places).

So to technically answer your question, we can (and I know I can) help aid you in gaining levels, but the pace at which you gain them (and whethere or not you can do the quests), depends entirely on how much you go out and just slay monsters and level yourself up. I know, slightly strange... but so long as you have SOME levels, you should be able to party with high level characters and gain the experience from a join combat session.

There are people in my Guild who will be laughing right now of course, since I basically said "yes" in a round about way trying to explain the situation, heh, but I think it's better to know what exactly you'll need to do on your own and what others can help new players with.

[quote name='Citrus']2) Do you start off with a weapon? I am curious...[/quote]Yuparoo, you start off with a weapon and for whatever profession you decide. Mesmers start with a basic cane that shoots purple crap; Elementalists start off with a basic wand, Rangers a bow, and so on. If you have a pre-release key you will have access to a special item. If you have the collectors set, you automatically get a few items free I believe... but anyway you look at it, you do get something to help you out in the beginning and it works rather effectively against the low level monsters you will encounter.

The game very rarely pits you against things (if you follow the missions/quests) that you cannot handle. The only exception is since the Ascalon area of post-searing is so big that you do run into Charr when you can't essentially battle them - but for every kill you'd be gaining significantly more experience, and thus well level faster enabling you to combat such creatures more and more frequently.

[quote name='Citrus'] 3) As for the Guild Hall which one have you all chosen?[/quote]They chose the Warrior?s Isle (something like that). Very cool looking, strategically a plus, offers catapults in and around the small city?s walls. Those catapults do roughly 700 damage per hit, effectively rendering a character dead if hit head on.

[quote name='Citrus'] 4) When will I be able to join QKT? Or can I join up as quickly as I installed the game and created my character? xD[/quote]Since I answer everyone?s questions for them usually without regret or remorse (simply because I type faster usually), I?ll answer for those ?in charge?: hell yes. You?re a member of the forums right? You?ll have Guild Wars right? Come on in? wait till you see, we?ve got voice communications too.

[color=#4B0082]Yep, as soon as you post up your character name, one of the officers can send you an invite. I don't have any characters in pre-searing at the moment, so I won't be able to actually meet up with you right at first, but I do have most of the pre-searing quests memorized if you get stuck on anything.[/color]

[SIZE=4]Voice Communications Guide[/SIZE]

Voice communications is an essential part of strategy making in Guild Wars and in other games where coordination between players is key. Many players will tell you that drawing on a mini-map or typing out messages to friends while gaming can be difficult at best. On top of which telephone rates being what they are, voice communication on is necessity.

Thinking along those lines I?ve constructed this short guide with the hope that our forum members will benefit from voice communications programs for their gaming and personal needs. While forum members have long since been tossing around the idea of voice communications, no one has ever released an ?official? server which we could all use. At the bottom of this guide I?ve attached a list of current voice communications servers for the official Quantum Kabuki Troupe Guild Wars guild, who may make free use of these servers for their communications needs (other game channels are also available for those members to make free use of as well).

That said this guide will not be specifically about any particular server. Since the servers are subject to change they will [i]only[/i] be mentioned at the end of this email, please refer back to this guide for properly configuring the server and port information for each desired server.

This guide at the moment covers only TeamSpeak and Ventrilo (Vent).

The best way of starting this guide is to break each program down by client, and then giving a run down of how to connect to a specific server with that client.
[SIZE=4]
TeamSpeak[/SIZE] - [url]http://www.goteamspeak.com/[/url]

TeamSpeak, in my opinion, is one of the greatest voice communications software packages because it offers a number of different compressions for audio handling. This of course means absolutely nothing to the average user, but its interface is clean and friendly and invites users of all levels of expertise to use it.

To install TeamSpeak go to: [url]http://www.goteamspeak.com/[/url] and click on the ?Download? link. Download the client version of TeamSpeak RC2 for your operating system (this version is subject to change, if in doubt, always get the latest version). Install the software where you deem appropriate? then open it (by default for Windows XP TS places itself in your Programs start/toolbar sub-menu).

In TeamSpeak there will be a place on the top that says, ?Connection,? click on it. [b]Connect[/b] enables you to create a new server in which you can easily access later, and [b]Quick Connect:[/b] allows you to plug in direct server information and connect immediately to the server without saving the information.

Please select ?Connect.? You should now right [b]Left Click[/b] on servers and [b]Right Click[/b] on Add. Please fill in the server information if you know it. Generally the server label refers to any random name you wish to give the server/connection, whereas Server Address refers to the hostname OR IP address (numerical form) of the server.

By default you DO NOT need to enter a port in TeamSpeak? however if a server administrator tells you that he is running a server on a specific port and not the default port you should enter it in the Server Address spot like so: [b]hostname or ip[/b]:[b]port specification[/b] (for example this will look like: [b]john.johnsmith.com:2937[/b]).

Usernames and passwords are not generally required ? and unless you registered with the server before hand, just leave the Registered box checked but do nothing more. Your nickname refers only to the nickname you have on the server. Nothing else is required of you ? however if a channel is specified by the server administrator, type that in the Default Channel box.

Hit connect and you?re set. From then on just hit the [b]Connection[/b] button at the top and hit [b]Connect[/b], you?ll find the server you entered sitting there waiting for you to access.

Once on a server please note to the right there are [b]Channels[/b] for you to access ? many servers set different types of games up in these channels to help keep conversations focused and based on one particular game (for example your friends playing Warcraft will either be in the Warcraft channel or a sub-channel of the Warcraft channel, which can be seen visibly to the right if there are any sub-channels).

Basically think of channels like chartrooms? each one can have chartrooms inside of it to centralize the conversation at hand, if in doubt merely go to the channel you wish to and worry about the sub-channels, if there are any, if someone asks you to switch to them.

[b]Binding Keys[/b] is a useful function to use when you wish to mute yourself in TeamSpeak with the single click of a button. I suggest doing this with a key that does not interfere with any type of game or program you are running along side of the voice software. To establish a Key binding, please click ?Add.? You have the choice to bind one keys for a function, or a few keys if you wish to make a combination of keys. I suggest one key.

Binding keys is simple? simply hit ?Set? under one of the key spots and hit the key you wish to bind. Then go to the [b]Action[/b] box and select Toggle (if you are following my advise for a mute key). A side box will open? select ?Mute microphone? from the list of options and then click [b]OK[/b].

Those are the basics of using the TeamSpeak client.
[SIZE=4]
Ventrilo (Vent) [/SIZE]- [url]http://ventrilo.com/[/url]

Vent is a neat program if not as ?clean? looking as TeamSpeak. TeamSpeak generally speaking supports more users than Vent for a myriad of questionable reasons, one which I like to think is because the compression is far better on TeamSpeak, though Vent users are apt to say that the effects compressions of Vent far outweigh this inconvenience as surround sound and the like are possible with Vent.

Vent can be downloaded from: [url]http://ventrilo.com/[/url] by clicking on ?Download,? scrolling down and downloading the newest version of the client for your operating system. Once you install it to where you want it, typically Vent can be run by accessing your ?Programs? (sub-menu in Windows XP), and running Ventrilo.

Next to the [b]Username[/b] bar hit the right arrow looking icon next to the box. This is how you will fill in your information when using Vent? like TeamSpeak it will save your information, so to access it again later you were merely have to down click on the bars previously mentioned and select the information you want.

Since we are now in the [b]Username[/b] menu, opt to make a new username and name it whatever you want. You do not need a phonetic pronunciation of the name though once can be generated by randomly typing in letters that make the computer try and pronounce your name (this is only for fun as when you sign into a Vent server it will say who you are? by default it tries to pronounce your username anyway it can).

Description and Work Dir are not necessary to fill in. Click [b]OK[/b].

Click on the right arrow marker next to the [b]Server[/b] bar. Hit [b]New[/b] and type the name of the server you wish to access. The Hostname you should already know ahead of time, the port number should be the default (3784) unless a system administrator told you otherwise, and the Password and Default channel too should be blank unless a system administrator told you other wise. Have all the boxes below that checked, although you might not wish for your conversation to be recorded by others, if not, then please uncheck that and click [b]OK[/b].

Bindings should be accessed by clicking on the arrow next to the bar as well. You [b]do not need to set up bindings[/b] but they are useful. Bindings allow you to bind a key for a specific function ? ensure first that the said key isn?t utilized by a game if you are trying to play one while running the voice software, but if not feel free to bind a key.

For instance I bound my ?END? key for ?Push-To-Talk, Advanced? which means I need to push it whenever I want to speak. TeamSpeak does not use ?Push-To-Talk? primarily; instead you can mute yourself with a key and un-mute yourself by hitting the same key. Regardless, click on the [b]Bind key[/b] box and hit the key you wish to bind. Select the function to the one previously mentioned if you wish to use it, move down to where you see [b]Transmit Style[/b] and hit Current Channel (I prefer this method which means I speak only to the current channel when I hit my speak button).

Don?t see anything in all those boxes you just filled in? Hit the down scroll button beside it and select the customized option you made for each box. At any time hit ?Connect.?

Once connected there are a list of channels and sub-channels you may join, by default you are in the ?Lobby? of a Vent server, feel free to change channels at any time if there is a given channel you wish to join (a Guild Wars channel for instance).

You should be set to use the basic functions of Vent from here on in, though it is recommended that you try and get a feel for the program by experimenting.

[SIZE=4]Behind a Firewall[/SIZE]

If you are behind a firewall (established by a Router for instance): do not worry! These voice programs do not require special configuration to access them. On the contrary if you are a server administrator behind a firewall you will need to configure your firewall to accept connections from some specified ports. However this is beyond the scope of this introduction to the clients of both Vent and TeamSpeak (if you need assistance for this please go to [url]http://www.portforwarding.com[/url]).

[SIZE=4]Server Listing
(Restricted to OtakuBoards members ONLY)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=1][SIZE=2]
[SIZE=3]Kabuki Vent[/SIZE]
[b]Server Type:[/b] Ventrilo (Vent) newest version!
[b]Simple:[/b] Vent otaku.silk.com no pass!

[b]Hostname:[/b] otaku.rlogin.org
[b]Username/Password:[/b] NONE, leave these blank when connecting.
[b]Specific port settings:[/b] 3784 (Default, no need to type)
[b]Default Channel:[/b] None (QKT guild, type-> Guild Wars)
[b]Max users:[/b] 8 (free version) - for our Guild Wars guild, if 8 people enter for PVP, all other parties will be removed from the server so only the guild may use Vent while playing. Unfortunate but the best we can do at the moment for technical reasons.

* Refers to connection speed incase it gives some indication of how much bandwidth the server can handle. For security reasons an exact bandwidth for upstream and downstream will not be given.

NOTE: I have my network config'd so it won't change IPs, but sometimes my ISP gets wacky in the case of storms I think. Regardless if it does change so too will the dynamic host name (it can't keep up with changes that well). If it does change the new info will be posted here [b]AND[/b] on QKT "Announcements." Not to worry.
[/SIZE][/SIZE]

[b]Post script/News:[/b]

I'll add upallnightgaming's TS server if and when we get a channel on there.

For information on hosting your own voice server please PM me.

[color=#4B0082]I've mainly been playing Animal Crossing: Wild World lately; ever since that and Mario Kart DS were released, my activity in GW has dropped off. But I have been playing on Fina every other day or so. Most of the time me and Alex go out questing together, me on Fina and him on Leah. Last night we did Ice Caves of Sorrow and Iron Mines of Moladune, so now we're infused.

The guild hasn't been too active lately, but there are still people here. :)[/color]

Well I'm on GW daily but I'll gladly make it on more if I know people are going to be on.

KD/AS Build for 8v8: posting it here so that if we use the build characters can be pumped out quickly enough. Think you can fill a role on here? PM me and let me know so if we all do go into an 8v8 as a team in the future, once we work out times, we can assign people appropriate roles they'd like to play.
[quote=KD/AS][SIZE=3]Never posted - KD/AS 8v8 :)[/SIZE]

Intro: Easy enough build for new players since many people start off as warriors and therefore have some warrior skills unlocked, if not we can get them unlocked for you I?m sure.

Note: Chain/Surge combo doesn?t work, so Air eles are having a tough time in pvp? this build has been around for quite sometime, let?s give em a break and go the way of Earth.

Pretty straight forward, hope that it isn't insultingly so but I thought it would be worth posting so that way when it comes time to 8v8 (particularly Tombs since GvG usually requires a little something special), we can quickly pump out characters for this build. Pretty straight forward I?d say.

Team should be organized like this: Knockdown Warriors (3), EQ/AS Eles (2 ? timed AS spikes through voice), and Healing Monks (3 - Mo/Me).

Preferable skills for healing monk (again pretty straight forward): Word of Healing, Dwaynas, Orison, Touch, Seed, Inspired Hex (best), drain enchant (best possible choice), and of course your res signet.

Appropriate gear for AS ele: 20/20 staff +5 armor, +4 armor, +12, +45 earth for focus (not needed, secondary weapons not needed either).

Preferable skills for AS: earthquake, aftershock, crystal wave, glyph of energy*, ward against foes, ward against melee, and res signet (bring gale or something else just as useful ? gale preferable, though my old guild used inspired hex if we found that was becoming a problem? typically 4v4 gale is best, but that?s up to the team at the time).

* Not glyph of lesser energy.

Armor & runes for AS: earth eye w/ sup rune, aero armor for air spikers, sup vigor, minor energy storage, and minor air.

Attribute allocation and modifiers calculated: Air 8 (9), Earth 12 (16), Energy Storage 10 (11).

This build is pretty fun, requires little and yet the 2 AS Elementalists must be timed. As it stands I currently have an AS ele ready for us, so if we can get another one then all we?d need is the 3 KDs and the monks.

If you [b]need anything mentioned[/b], skills, runes, or so on all of that can be worked out easily. The runes can very simply be unlocked with a little faction, and the elites can be capped with a simple run. A sup vig and sup earth are required, so let me know ahead of time if you need some unlocking done![/quote]
[QUOTE=Desbreko][color=#4B0082]I've mainly been playing Animal Crossing: Wild World lately; ever since that and Mario Kart DS were released, my activity in GW has dropped off. But I have been playing on Fina every other day or so. Most of the time me and Alex go out questing together, me on Fina and him on Leah. Last night we did Ice Caves of Sorrow and Iron Mines of Moladune, so now we're infused.

The guild hasn't been too active lately, but there are still people here. :)[/color][/QUOTE]Hrm *considers* actually if you guys aren't too busy maybe you'd like to do UW/Fissure/SF run with me when you two are on. Up to you guys, but if you want to I'll gladly make it on, maybe we can schedule some times together outside the game? Been trying to win the hall in hopes of steady supply of both fame and money from the reward, unfortunately haven't come closs with these dumb "IWAY" pickup groups... *sighs* they faction farm, they don't care to win.

Goddess told me how she's down by Ring of Fire and still has a mission to do - you remember the mission we completed last time together? Well that's where Tigris and I are still down there, maybe we can keep going from there on our main characters if you'd like - we don't have far until we beat the game.

Maybe we could all benefit if interested in setting up a time to try and make it on since there are some things we can do as a group beside the obvious pvp and stuff? Again, got a ton of messengers but I can also do the phone thing if it's easier. Let me know.

[color=#4B0082]UW/FoW/SF runs are always fun. Usually I'm on AIM in the evenings if I'm at my PC (like now), so if anyone wants to do something in game, just IM me -- that's what Alex usually does. My screen name is in my profile.

Eddie is also at Abbadon's Mouth, by the way. Getting me, Annie, you two, and anyone else together for that would be great.[/color]

[size=1][color=indigo]Eh, well, I'd love to go with you--but I'm afraid I have no idea where you are anymore ;_; Or if my character is near you. I was gone so long, and I know I'm so behind.

But if anyone needs help, and I can help, send me a message via Guild chat or PM (GW or OB).[/color][/size]

[color=#4B0082]Arik and Amelia have both completed the game, so I pretty much just use them for the endgame areas now. Eddie is up to Abbadon's Mouth, the second of the last three missions in the Ring of Fire islands. Fina is up to D'Alessio Seaboard, but she's also gotten a run down to Droknar's Forge and is up to Thunderhead Keep down there.

So if you've got a character in the Ring of Fire missions, Eddie could join you, or if you've got anyone in Kryta or the Southern Shiverpeaks then Fina could.[/color]

[QUOTE=Desbreko][color=#4B0082]Arik and Amelia have both completed the game, so I pretty much just use them for the endgame areas now. Eddie is up to Abbadon's Mouth, the second of the last three missions in the Ring of Fire islands. Fina is up to D'Alessio Seaboard, but she's also gotten a run down to Droknar's Forge and is up to Thunderhead Keep down there.

So if you've got a character in the Ring of Fire missions, Eddie could join you, or if you've got anyone in Kryta or the Southern Shiverpeaks then Fina could.[/color][/QUOTE]Goddess, Eddie (Desi's Eddie) is at the mission point right after Ring of Fire with my Chrysalis (if I got that right... I remember Desi doing a mission with me a while back). I'll gladly do Ring of Fire with you so we can all do Abbadon's Mouth as a group or something.

Eh, Fina should wait! lol, I have Eve still needing to do Lions... trying to rush her through things asap. :D If anyone wants leave, your AIM address and I'll get to you on there, I also have an Xfire account (very useful in GW).

Hopefully with winter session letting out soon we can all do things as a group. Oh and if anyone finds good random Tombs partners, let me know... I need some fame badly.

[quote=Eve's Olde-Time Lunar Auctions]Giving away some items (at [URL=http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b180/phoenixfire303/random/evestore.jpg][b]the store[/b][/URL]), keeping them mainly for new people so only ask if you need them:

[b]Inscribed chakram[/b], +12 energy, req. 17 dom, no specials.
[b]Insightful Earth Staff of Defense[/b], +10 energy, 10-20, req. 12 Earth, +1 energy, armor +4.
[b]Shocking Hammer of Hammer Mastery[/b], 15-26, req 8 Hammer Mastery, Hammer Mastery +1 (10% chance while using skills).
[b]Furious War Hammer[/b] 13-20 (low req), double adren on hit 10%, armor penetration +5% (10%).

Selling for discounted prices to QKT members at [URL=http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b180/phoenixfire303/random/evestore.jpg][b]the store[/b][/URL]:

[b]Icy War Hammer[/b], 19-35, +16% while hexed, gold item.
[b]Insightful Air staff[/b], 11-22 (req. 19 air), improves casting speed (chance 7%), energy +2.
Can obtain clean max damage[b] collectors firestaff[/b] for a price (max 20/20 +10 energy).
[b]Purple dye[/b] and[b] green dye[/b].
[b]Cruel War Hammer of Shelter[/b], 19-35 (req. 8 ham), lengthens deep wound duration on foe, armor +5 vs physical. Now and then I get in a lot of cool items, including collectors items (enslavement stones), so PM me for specifics.

Looking for:

Something better for illus than: The Rockmolder, energy +12 (req 9 illusion), illusion +1 20% while using skills, improves skill recharge 10% - no worries about the cane/staff unless staff is max energy, my cane is a 20/20 for illusion (though for godly staff I wouldn't mind being able to upgrade it). Looking also for free max damage sword and good shield for IW pvp Mesmer.[/quote]

My AIM sn is aestenAIM. Feel free to drop me a line.

I've been experimenting with a skill lately that I figure isn't really being used too much. Maybe it's the short duration, health sacrifice, and limited range, but Dark Fury (pretty sure that's the one) in Necro Blood is pretty stunning.

I've been tinkering with Synergy (see my above posts), and Dark Fury was included in the Necro character's skill set to aid the Warriors in Adrenaline gain. I'm pretty wiped out right now (been pretty sick lately), so I don't have the energy to find the skill description, but the skill basically functions like this:

Sacrifice X amount of health, and for 5 seconds, whenever a party member hits with a physical attack, that party member gains one strike of adrenaline. It's an enchantment, duration of 5 seconds, recharge of 5 seconds, energy cost of 5 or 10 I think.

The actual description is incorrect, as well. It's not "next time." It's during the entire duration, so I suspect the description will be fixed, rather than the skill being changed, because "next hit" would make Dark Fury pretty useless I think.

But I wasn't sure how it'd work in conjunction with charging Warrior Adre skills, so I switched Jade over to N/W (her initial combination before changing at all), loaded my skill bar with a few high Adre Hammer and Sword skills (Final Thrust...10 Adre), then headed out from Yak's Bend. I was also running For Great Justice!, which players seriously need to look at again, because it has a 20 second duration now and it's totally worth it, especially with a Blood Necro supporting you with Dark Fury.

I activated FGJ first, then ran up to the Stone Summit along the road. I had equipped Jade with a non-Furious Hammer, by the way. (I've always been leery of using a Furious Hammer, because a 10% chance of gaining one strike of Adre just doesn't seem worth taking up a mod for.) Plus, I wanted to see how the slower swing rate would handle in terms of Adre gain.

And let's just say that anyone who says a Furious Hammer is required hasn't examined skill synergy at all.

With a combination of For Great Justice and Dark Fury, Final Thrust was charged in 2-3 hits, Hammer Bash in 1-2, you get the idea. We're talking a 10-Adre skill charging in under 3 seconds, essentially...even more if I wanted to use Berserker Stance. A skill like Earth Shaker (AoE KD), at an 8 or 9 Adre cost will charge in no time, making the attack almost spammable, provided everything runs according to plan.

I tell ya...Dark Fury is amazing, and it really further establishes Necros as both a Warrior's worst enemy and a Warrior's best friend.

And I've been looking at Spell Breaker lately, too. Sounds interesting.

I feel really crappy for not responding on here, but Brasil and I spoke about the build via AIM... can't find the conversation but doubt it was worth posting, in the end it sounds interesting. Like of all your builds, Brasil, I can't wait to try it out in game! That being said, this call is going out to all those interested in GW:

If you're on break and you have nothing to do, please go on GW. Tons of activities we (as a group in the guild) can take part in. The new observer mode makes creating pvp builds for us even easier. And no, you don't need to be able to create a build in order to pvp... just play it!

[b]WINTERSDAY:[/b]

I'm collecting all the candy cane shards I have so if you have extra please let me know. Also if gingerbread items are taking up inventory space, I'll gladly have those as well (I'm crazy like that). I'll be posting Wintersday pics at some point too so maybe we can get some guild shots scheduled in.

Reminder, Christmas day it looks as though special "gifts" will be given out in LA and Ascalon (perhaps even Droknars as well - can you say, Santa Hat? I'm hoping that's what it is). The Christmas towns are of course LA, Ascalon and Droknars... check them out, they have Christmas quests (mainly LA in that regard), Christmas trinkets, and Christmas weapons.

Sadly they have poor stats but at least they are cute to look at.

Christmas quests total to 10k XP (immediate levels for low characters, well at least my Eve got 2 levels out of it but with the fighting you have to do to collect Christmas collectors' items you'll be leveling more than that). Very cool stuff.

Again, hope to do more GW as people get off from break.

I missed the Halloween event so I'm glad to see how they went all out for christmas definitely worth doing the quests for some easy xp if you have access to all those areas. Freezie the snowman cracked me up as did battling the humbugs and grenches they definitely went above what I've gotten in most other mmo's during the holidays.

-Edit-
My god snowball fights are a beautiful thing that has got to be the best holiday effort in any mmo so far. For the majority of my groups we didn't last past 5 consecutive wins but I finally got into a group that made it to the 15th before we were defeated and a close match it was we turned our 5th present in seconds after they did and bowed out gracefully. I sat in the general area giving my team shouts of praise for a few minutes after that it's always fun when you get matched with good people. :D

If you still want the gingerbread items I have 1 of each just give Jorn Wolfgang a holler in game.

[SIZE=1]Hello! I have just created my Guild Wars character! She is a Roleplaying character, I chose that one because I wasn't sure as to choose PvP rigth off the bat or not. But her name is [B]Chulia Mikasa[/B] She is a Mesmer/Elementalist. So please do send a Guild Member Request! I will be back with some screenshots!

Edit...

Here are some screenies that I took while hanging out with persecomblues. He has some awesome clothes for his mesmer.

[IMG]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y239/IceQueen12/gw002.jpg[/IMG]
I took this while persecomblues was eating. I was bored, :p

[IMG]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y239/IceQueen12/gw007.jpg[/IMG]
It was simply a Kodak Moment. Persecom and I look out over the waves and realize our true meanings in Tyria. (XD)

[IMG]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y239/IceQueen12/gw004.jpg[/IMG]
It's that *****, Alesia. She got us both killed, I hate her. If I was able to I would kill her. :mad: [/SIZE]

[QUOTE=persocomblues][b]WINTERSDAY:[/b]

I'm collecting all the candy cane shards I have so if you have extra please let me know. Also if gingerbread items are taking up inventory space, I'll gladly have those as well (I'm crazy like that). I'll be posting Wintersday pics at some point too so maybe we can get some guild shots scheduled in.[/QUOTE][SIZE=1]Hey I have 2 candy cane shards and loads of gingerbread stuff, I don't know if you still want them though lol. So if you do, feel free to send me a whisper at [b]Yazela Dubrin[/b] and I'll be sure to send them to you. [/SIZE]

[color=#4B0082]After farming grawl outside of the Surmia mission for a while, I managed to get enough candy cane shards for one of each type of candy cane weapon. (Their attacks, no matter what they were, would do zero damage to Eddie, heh.) Amelia looks so cute with a candy cane staff. I can't wait to see if I'll be able to get a santa hat for her as well.

I still need to try out the snowball arena, though.[/color]

Guest Zappattazz
Just completed last quest in Ascalon -- reached Level 8. Now I'll be doing some gathering for various collectors before talking to Sir Tydus for Academy quest. I would like to join a guild prior to that stage. My character name is: [COLOR=Red][B]Simon Malgahar[/B][/COLOR]. I try to log on at least once per week (varies with my activites between work and WOW).

[color=#4B0082]Today is Wintersday in the world of Tyria. And you know what that means? Special holiday headpieces for all! Two rounds of gifts have already been given out, but there's still time to get some. Stop into Lion's Arch at 6:00 PM, 9:00 PM, and I think 12:00 AM PST to support either Dwayna or Grenth. If Dwayna gathers more followers, you'll get a santa hat; if Grenth is the more popular choice, you'll get a pair of antlers. Both look great.

There's a trick to getting hats for multiple characters each time, as well. Log out of each character while they're in Lion's Arch, so that when you log back in as them, they'll already be there. Then go to a low numbered district of LA with your first character. As soon as you get a hat for them, log out and then back in as another character. Select a district about ten to twenty higher in number than the one you were in (this depends on how fast you can log back in), and the event will still be going on in that district. Then you can run in and get another hat! This works multiple times so long as there's enough districts to keep moving through.

So, with the details now out of the way, I bring you a screen shot of the lovely Amelia Starfire decked out in her pink collector armor, a yule cap, and a candy cane staff. Isn't she adorable? ^_^

[img]http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/9205/ameliastarfirewintersday9xj.jpg[/img][/color]

[size=1][color=indigo]Awww! I could just snuggle her ^-^

Amelia has got to be the hottest female character in our guild. That's a big bite out of my pride because I think Belial is so damned sexy---but there's something about pink that gets me ^_~[/size][/color]

[QUOTE=Goddess][size=1][color=indigo]Awww! I could just snuggle her ^-^

Amelia has got to be the hottest female character in our guild. That's a big bite out of my pride because I think Belial is so damned sexy---but there's something about pink that gets me ^_~[/size][/color][/QUOTE]Damn what about my Eve! Not fair at all. Oh well you've never seen Chrysalis in pink, before I made her armor blue she had the same set in pink... it was really cute. Heh, but I do have to admit Amelia is adorable (*glares at Desi*).

[URL=http://img368.imageshack.us/my.php?image=eveadvertuntitled2copy0ey.jpg][IMG]http://img368.imageshack.us/img368/2510/eveadvertuntitled2copy0ey.th.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Repost of the image, muhaha! =^.^= And Wintersday pics coming soon.

Guest Tigris Tusha
aww Im sorry you werent able to get your wintersday headgear. I did like how they pulled it off though. It was really amusing to watch the two gods go after one another. Although it would have been even nicer if Grenth didn't kill everyone every five seconds n_n;

I did like the scenerey this year too. I was very impressed. They did well for their first christmas since the game was released. I unfotrunetly missed the Halloween special though since I had to go trick or treating with Persocomblues' lttle sister. :animecry: I think my favorite site though was in Tombs with the warriors having candy canes instead of swords. Very cute :3. And of course the random melted snowman. Had to love that.

Below are some screen shots I took during the event. Hope you like.

[URL=http://img283.imageshack.us/my.php?image=gingerbreadpyramid8wx.jpg][IMG]http://img283.imageshack.us/img283/1229/gingerbreadpyramid8wx.th.jpg[/IMG][/URL] [URL=http://img283.imageshack.us/my.php?image=frostyandthegang0vj.jpg][IMG]http://img283.imageshack.us/img283/8800/frostyandthegang0vj.th.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[URL=http://img252.imageshack.us/my.php?image=meltedsnowman1jb.jpg][IMG]http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/3606/meltedsnowman1jb.th.jpg[/IMG][/URL] [URL=http://img268.imageshack.us/my.php?image=taliyaandhercandycanebow3cf.jpg][IMG]http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/8571/taliyaandhercandycanebow3cf.th.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

LOL, awesome pictures Tigris!=D

Hey Brasil, you know what really sucks? Degen+Curses in pvp, that's what. Now, I'm not saying with the proper build it won't be of any use but as a stand alone pvp character in random arenas I must say that I really thought degen+curses would be as effective as anti-casting... it isn't, not remotely.

Tested a build with Parasitic bond, conjure phantasm, phantom pain, faintheartedness, soul barbs, and energy tap. All right, I don't have any N elites, I have plenty of Me elites, regardless whatever I was doing it wasn't working well.

The intention was clear, stack hexes while soul barbs is up.

Problems? Well it worked great against warriors (dropped like flies), but domination mesmers had fun eliminating me instantly. I did almost no damage against monks and I doubt it was because of their smiting hexes, I was fast casting curses and degens on them fast.

Distortion must be used but... you know how precious energy is, beside doesn't even do its job well.

Anyhow what matters is that this build does not work for a nice single player experience (not like anyone said it would, but I thought I'd try something different as I find as a stand alone domination build, not working in conjunction with a "build set" for a party, is typically boring and useless if you are up against a team without casters but very useful if you are).

Forever Discouraged by Build Testing,

PB

[b]NOTE:[/b] NEVERMIND! Happy now. 1 monk on team makes this build nice. Ineptitude (e) seems to make the build worth while... fun to play, needs a good team to work, otherwise death comes too quickly before you can do major dmg (and yes inept means only targeting attacking chars, w/mos are easy prey).