OtakuBoards

Where do you live?

Morpheus

[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue][FONT=Comic Sans MS]
Bakersfield, CA where it's hot as hell during the summers. :animesmil You get use to it though. It's interesting...I found out why deserts are so damn hot and freezing at night in my enviromental class. It's cool at night because there isn't make vegetation to hold in moist so it just goes away into the ground. Something like that. It was pretty interesting to me.

Let's see, Bakersfield is starting to turn into a large city, but still has that small town feel. cheapest housing in the nation, but number three in the nation for bad air pollution. Still it's home and I love it. ;) [/FONT] [/COLOR]

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[QUOTE=r2vq]Lady with the baby. That's helpful. XD
Can you picture me running up to every woman with a baby and asking them if they're ChibiHorsewman? XD

-ArV[/QUOTE]

[color=darkviolet] Actually I could, but I don't know what you look like. Oh I so dare you! Seriously I dare you to go up to every woman with a baby in the Sephora at Eaton Centre around July/August (make it between 22July - 15 Aug) and ask if they're Chibi Horsewoman. If you find me I'll give you a cookie.

Even better. Take the Cat over to Rochester-go to the Coach Store and to Chammp's at East Veiw Mall (quite a drive from Charlotte) and ask every woman with a baby if they're Chibi Horsewoman.

[CENTER]Okay here's a question of my own: [b]What are the best places to go eat shop and visit in your area. What places are unique to your area. And what places should you just avoid?[/b][/center]

1.) best place to eat- PF Chang's at East View mall. Cresent Beach Hotel/ Resturant is also a nice place to eat if you don't like chains-Also: Red Oasier (best Prime rib-a bit expensive but worth it. My parents tell me that Biancas (blanca's?) is also good

2.) Shop- Eastview Mall Carosel Centre mall and Waterloo prime outlets

3.) Visit- Charlotte beach (a given if you use the fast ferry) if you don't mind the smell. They have out door concerts every Wednesday in the summer. SeaBreeze our very own amusement park only minutes from home. Corn Hill arts festival (first weekend of july) Fairport (beginning of June) and Spencerport (near the end of July) canal days since we're right on the Erie Canal. The canal bike paths are nice too. Six Flags Darien Lake (formerly Darien Lake)

4.)Unique to the area- most of the resturants I mentioned, most of the places I mentioned.

5.) Place to stay away from- unless you enjoy a good case of heartburn don't visit Nick Tahoe's[/color]

We've got a PF Changs here in Iowa, too, down by our new mall. That place is good, but I prefer Dragon House West for chinese. The best local place (I don't think it's a chain) is the Royal Mile. It's an English pub kinda thing with the best duck and an my favorite appetizer. Somehing like...scotch eggs? I dunno.

We don't have a lot of shopping options (three malls that are close) but the best one is Jordan Creek. The people at the Tradehome Shoes almost make buying new shoes bearable.

To visit....I'd say Adventure Land is the best place to go in Iowa. There aren't a lot of other places.

I think the Royal Mile is unique to our area. Not a lot else that I can think of...

1.) best place to eat- Silver Palace. Best. Chinese. Ever. Maybe I'm just biased because I eat for free.

2.) Shop- Don't shop anywhere here. lol

3.) Visit- Fort Knox, just 'cause it's f***ing Fort Knox.

4.)Unique to the area- Worlds Worst Golf course, only 2 holes.

5.) Place to stay away from- City Pool. People will go in the pool just so they don't have to go to the bathrooms. Anderson in Fort Knox is larger, has 2 basketball goals, and is enclosed.

Dunno much about eating. Big city, lots of restaurants. Some too expensive for me, some too full of scary biker people.

1.) I eat at the restaurant across the street from my school. The main reason is proximity. The second reason is my friends' lust for Japanese food. Edit: Oh, it's called [b]Haruba[/b]
2.) There are a lot of malls downtown. But, again because of proximity, I go mainly to [b]Pacific Mall[/b]. Asian mall with illegal DVDs, Playstation Games, and fake Anime merchandise made in Taiwan. ^^
3.) Visit? Depends on your interests. The parks are nice. I particularly like [b]Milikan Park[/b]. It has a pond, a forest, and a large, large field for kites. They have a kite festival every year. ^^
4.) Uh. I guess go downtown. There are lots of unique places along the [b]harborfront[/b].
5.) Stay away from [b]my house[/b]. I haven't cleaned my room so it's messy. ^^

-ArV

[color=navy][font=Comic Sans MS][color=navy][font=Comic Sans MS][color=navy][font=Comic Sans MS]1) [/font][/color][color=navy][font=Comic Sans MS]Well you?d have to drive to DC but the Two Amys is an awesome real Italian pizza restaurant (not Pizza Hut/Papa Johns/Dominos pizza). Then there?s this really good Thai restaurant near Springfield Mall. And Paradiso? I loved Paradiso (also Italian food) when we would go with our cousins when we were little and we got to sit in the kiddy room and watch Disney movies. Wow. Food I love food.[/font][/color]

[color=navy][font=Comic Sans MS]2) [/font][/color][color=navy][font=Comic Sans MS]Erm? I guess places like Springfield Mall and Pentagon City are really big malls? but I don?t like shopping all that much.[/font][/color]

[color=navy][font=Comic Sans MS]3) [/font][/color][color=navy][font=Comic Sans MS]?I live in the nation?s capital and yet I can?t think of any really fascinating places to go to. Sure the mall?s fun to visit and to see all the memorials and monuments, and there are museums in DC too? But after going to some place in DC for practically every field trip it gets kinnda boring. Though if we?re talking about amusement parks Six Flags, and Kings Dominion are both awesome ?and I?ve never been to Bush Garden but I really want to go. Oh and I enjoyed when we went to the C&O Canal? and the Baltimore Aquarium was nice. OK so there are lots of interesting places? like the camping place we went to for mini-courses? erm I believe it was Shenandoah National Park. So yea there are fun places?[/font][/color]

[color=navy][font=Comic Sans MS]4) [/font][/color][color=navy][font=Comic Sans MS]I guess that stuff and we have things like Washington?s home (which is literally a five minute drive from my house? right down the parkway), and the Robert E. Lee cemetery ?I remember once when we went there I decided to hold my breath (it being a cemetery) ?that didn?t work out too well. ?Oh and I live here.[/font][/color]

[font=Times New Roman][color=#000000][size=3]5)[/size] [/color][/font][color=navy][font=Comic Sans MS]DC during the cherry blossom festival. You can?t blerdy get anywhere walking or driving. [/font][/color]

[color=navy][font=Comic Sans MS]Wow? this ended up pretty long.[/font][/color][/font][/color][/font][/color]

[QUOTE=Fallen][size=1] Also, Baron, for your comment about the Aussies being better at every sport than everyone ever, can I just mention the Rugby World Cup? We beat you fair and square in that Cup Final, and you're just jealous because you have no Johnny Wilkinson! Ha!
[/size][/QUOTE]
[size=1]Only sport the Poms ever got lucky in.[/size]

1) best place to eat- if you are a student away from home & desperate to have home-made food, find a friend whose mother is preparing for gün :) (days in which neighbors gather in one of the women's houses where there are million types of nicely cooked stuff are waiting to be eaten and praised for their deliciousness :animesmil ) Near the airport there is Kasibeyaz for meat, and ofcourse the fish restaurants along the Bosphorous(the ones in Rumeli Feneri are my favorites.)

2.) Shop- Go to Kapaliçarsi where you can find such fakes that even the rolex maker can not say the difference easily hehe

3.) Visit- If you like museums and such go to Topkapi Palace and everyplace around Sultanahmet, if you live at nights go to Taksim/Beyoglu and enjoy yourself till dawn.

4.)Unique to the area- Bosphorus connecting two continents (Asia and Europe)

5.) Place to stay away from- Not the places but stay away from the children asking for money (day or night), most are addicts and they have a high tendency to kill even for a regular cell-phone. One more thing, don't ride the suburb train alone as it is how these childrenlikecreatures mostly wait for their hunt.

By the way this is for Istanbul...

Been here forever, never got around to one of these threads.....

I live in Christchurch, New Zealand. Home of the Canterbury Crusaders, a rugby team that totally pwnZ0r the Super 12 competition. :p

It's real nice down here, I'm in a suburb that's nicely sheltered by hills, so it's always cozy.

[b]Places to go:[/b] Cathedral Square, always something going on, Eastgate mall, my local hang out spot and perhaps Sumner or Redcliffs suburbs.

[b]Places to Eat:[/b] Definately the Ferrymead, got soem nice ribs down there. :tasty: Or another nice restauraunt called Robbies (there's a chain of those).

[b]Places not to go: [/b]New Brighton mall, it's half shut down and a wasteland. A sad, sad shell of it's once glorious self.

I live in a small town that is only a square mile in New Jeresey call Mt. Ephraim

The best place to eat in my Area (not my town) would be The Club Dinner. They baciscally make anything u crave for and its really good in my opinion

The best places to shop would be the mall which is like 10, 15 minutes away. thats only because there isn't any other stores that are in my area that are nice...

Well for unique... we got a swamp next the the highway but i dont think anyone would really wanna go there... Um...I live like 15 minutes away from Philly go to south street that place is awesome... So dont visit my town because there isn't much

Just avoid my town. There is nothing interesting here. It's very boring, and its filled with many ignorate people.. me not being one of them hopefully.

The only hotel in my town is a really cheap run down one. If u want a nice one u will have to go a town over. I live 10 minutes away from one of the worst towns called camden. U always hear cop cars going there. umm thats about all. ^^ besides all that its a really nice town. Our school systems is really good one of the highest in NJ except that we only have an elemtry school and a middle school and our public highschool we have to walk almost 2 miles to get to another town over (no buses)

[QUOTE=lost shinobi] Um...I live like 15 minutes away from Philly
[/QUOTE]

[color=darkviolet]Do you know of a place called Rancoccas (sp?) Valley? Or something like that? Because I know that's close to Philly too.

Okay more fun stuff to mention about my questions from the other night-

1.) [b]MOre places to visit[/b]- Mt.Hope Cemetary. It opened in the 1830's, but has headstones that are older than that. Some of them are in German and some are in Hebrew It's a non denominational cemetary. So there are Masonic headstones as well as Jewish and Catholic. Susan B. anthony and Frederick Douglas are buried there. I have pictures to prove it. But I can't find them so I'll go later in the week.

Letchworth, Stoneybrook ect ect ect. NIce state parks to visit. The hiking there is great. Letchworth also has an Olympic size pool and a pool for diving as well as an enclosed playground.

2.) [b]Don't visit[/b] MidTown Plaza they're trying to fix it up and failing miserably. It's neat because it was built in the 30's and has some neat old elevators (and an uncle of mine was crushed to death by a dump truck while is was being built-nice piece of family history) But there's nothing.

Irondiquoit Mall- Yet another mall that may be getting fixed up. It used to be the place to go and is our first two level mall, but pretty much all the stores (including J.C. Penny's!) are gone. However they do have dog obidience classes there.[/color]

[QUOTE=ChibiHorsewoman][color=darkviolet]
[CENTER]Okay here's a question of my own: [b]What are the best places to go eat shop and visit in your area. What places are unique to your area. And what places should you just avoid?[/b][/center]

[/color][/QUOTE]

Theres not alot. Theres a mcdonalds and a supermarket, and the supermarket has alot of great food like fish and chips and pizza. So i would say the supermarket. Again, the supermarket is the best (and only) place to shop. There is a small nature center in my town that's pretty cool. It has nature trails and stuff like that. One place i avoid is this one park. Its full of idiots and drugs. Thats pretty much it. :animesigh

Guest Knife of Chrono
I live in Chicago IL in the U.s (of course.)
Gee-practically all the people I know here are from Canada. :catgirl:

[quote name='dposse'] One place i avoid is this one park. Its full of idiots and drugs. Thats pretty much it. :animesigh[/quote]

[color=darkviolet]There was a park across from my apartment complex in Texas. Now that I think of it maybe I should tell about the place I lived in Texas.

Okay from September 2002 to November 2003 I lived in Killeen Texas which is 1.5 hours north of Austin and 3.5 miles South of Dallas... unless you get lost then it's more.

The main thing in Killeen (As well as Copperas Cove and Harker Heights!) is Ft. Hood. Unlike Morpheus I never heard the guns going off when I lived there-but the Chinook helocopters were always flying over head and if you were driving on WS Young at night you can see the lights from the airfield. It was really pretty.

The scenery is really nice around Central Texas but if you don't live near one of the large cities there isn't anything to do for miles.

The best places to eat in Killeen are: Texas Roadhouse Tia Margarita's and FuddRuckers (on the access rd coming from Stan Schluter Loop to WS Young and the 'mall') Asian Coast on the access rd going to Stan Schluter. And of course all the chain resturaunts you can hope for!

You really can't shop in Killeen you have to drive 2.5 hours south to San Marcos where the outlet malls are or one of the larger cities-such as the Arboritum in Austin or the mall I forgot the name of in San Antonio that has a Torrid (division of Hot Topic selling clothing for larger women) I guess the Killeen Mall is ok- they have a Dillards and a Pay Less shoes. And for all the weird people and 18-24 soldiers a Hot TOpic was added recently. They also have a Target, a Wal-Mart Goody's (nice clothes) and some little shopping centers as well as the Clear Creek PX on Ft. Hood. Oh before I forget Comic Stan has a wide selection of Anime and Manga-as well as posters wall scrolls and american comics and memorabilia. They also have a crap load of RPG books and dice.

There's not much to se in Killeen, but if you must: THe Killeen City Cemetary. Okay I'm morbid because I mentioned the one in my area, but it's really neat. The guy that W.S. Young is named after is buried there as well as a few original citizens of TX before it was a state. They also have head stones in Korean and a section for what I guess are abandonded babies. 1st Cav and 4th ID museums on base. Both are on Battalion Ave on Ft Hood. 4th ID's is near their water tower (4th ID is rather Phallic) BLORA (it has a name that I forgot.) they do trail rides, boating and a light show. There's also a lake. What I mentioned is also unique for the area.

Stay away from- The gaming store on 195. All it is is a bunch of people playing endless games of War Hammer. The park I mentioned. Ranceir- yes that's where the cemetary is, but don't wander there after dark- there are a lot of rapes and murders in that area. Killeen Tabernacle church- bunch of crazies. In fact unless you have to go to Killeen because you're stationed at Ft. Hood just stay away![/color]

I live in Richmond, Virginia (thats in the USA) and I don't know a damn thing about it. See, heres my pie chart...

PLACES I LIVED:

Some place in California - 6 months
" " " "- 6 months
" " " " -6 months
" " " " " "
" " " "- 1 year
" " " "- 1 year
Deer Run- Newport News Virginia - 6 months (yes, from California to Virginia)
Some place in Virginia Beach -1 year
" " " " " -1 year
" " " " " -4 years (oh my god! I found a life! oh, wait, I never actually went anywhere...)
Pensicola Florida - 4 months (WTF?)
Virginia Beach (again) 6 months
Newport News (again) -2 years

and now Im here in Richmond. So, what do I know about my area? Theres a mall, a Gamestop, a Walmart and an EB and thats all I care about. What do we do here? We play video games and swim in the toxic lake. My mom thinks Im gunna catch a disease.

[quote name='Eli67']Oi, They said Australia not New Zealand. It's like saying that the USA is a nice suburb of Canada[/quote]

[color=darkviolet]Yes, because we all know that [i]Canada[/i] is just a really nice suburb of the [i]United States[/i]. Face it it's the other way around.

And if any of you think I'm being serious you just don't know me that well.[/color]

[quote name='andarakitsune']I live in Vermont, in the US. I live close to the Canadian border so there's some variety on the language in Northern Vermont. Work isn't too great up here and that's pretty much the reason why I'm going to be moving from Vermont.[/quote]

[color=darkviolet]Is it true that it snows year round in Vermont, but it just doesn't stick? And that in some places you have to make the roads out of something besides asphalt? Because I know a guy who's stationed at Ft. Hood who's from Vermont and he said that. He also went and married a girl he'd only known (ie dated) for a few weeks. But I think that has more to do with sheer stupidity than from being either 1.) from Vermont or 2.) in the military.[/color]

[QUOTE=ChibiHorsewoman][color=darkviolet]Yes, because we all know that [i]Canada[/i] is just a really nice suburb of the [i]United States[/i]. Face it it's the other way around.

And if any of you think I'm being serious you just don't know me that well.[/color]

[color=darkviolet]Is it true that it snows year round in Vermont, but it just doesn't stick? And that in some places you have to make the roads out of something besides asphalt? Because I know a guy who's stationed at Ft. Hood who's from Vermont and he said that. He also went and married a girl he'd only known (ie dated) for a few weeks. But I think that has more to do with sheer stupidity than from being either 1.) from Vermont or 2.) in the military.[/color][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=DarkRed]

It doesn't snow year round in Vermont. I live about 4 hours from the Vermont boarder, and I'm even further north and I only, sadly, get snow for about 6 months a year. Despite the rumors, it's notoriosly hard to live in an igloo all year long in Canada...[/COLOR]

Well it seems I'm the only portuguese person around here :animesmil , i was hoping to find at least one or a brazilian but heh I'm not that lucky :animeswea
Anyway yep I live in Portugal-Azores, to be more exactly I live in an Islands that Portugal own, its a beautifull place, I like to say that is a small piece of heaven, a good place to relax and enjoy :D :p