OtakuBoards

Where do you live?

Morpheus

[COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=-3]Ah, ok. Sorry about the misunderstanding then. But yes, you do have a point, I too cannot imagine living there, or anywhere crowded for that matter. Only reason I bear with Vegas is because I live out on the outskirts of the city.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[QUOTE=Lord Rannos] I live in Iowa. Des Moines, Iowa. The land of corn. We have crops growing within city borders. A horse lives near my school.
[/QUOTE]

[color=darkviolet]I have you beat quite a few times.

I live in Western NY (as I've mentioned). My cousins a few towns over have corn feilds across the street from the houses on their side of the street. Most of our horse farms (including the one I go to) are just off the main express ways. Black North Farm is near 531 and RT33. EverGreen Stables is off of 390. There's one right near a major shopping area that charges $22 for a half hour private lessons. :animestun There used to be a riding stable by my school as well, but it closed in 97.

I used to live in Ft. Hood Texas- Technically Killeen TX the 7th circle of hell my friends. There are long horn cattle sharing the base with the US Army.. at least on West Ft Hood. The others wander around on the old artillery training grounds.

Sometimes when we'd drive down to Austin we'd drive by the White Westing house office building in Georgetown outside of Austin on I-35S. There are long horn cattle grazing there. Along 195 there are goat and cattle farms. The place I lived in in Texas was truely the middle of no where.[/color]

I live in Toronto Canada, the self-proclaimed world's most multicultural city.

SadBlue, people can live anywhere, even if it's crowded. Human beings have the capacity to adapt, and have harnessed technology to live in even the most unwelcoming places.

-ArV

I live in the Furniture Capital of the world, High Point, NC. I can count on two hands how many people in the state like anime as much as me (which is really just a casual "watch it, like it, buy it" basis). Rednecks and Jocks make up about 50% of our youth, 30% Goth, and 20% of kids don't belong anywhere. People are generally losers here, as they are everywhere else. My area is really growing, nothing was here when we first moved here, but now there's many developments full of houses, lots of stores, and the usual McDonalds for every two miles of street. Basically everywhere else here is hicksville and farmland. About half of NC's stores are flea markets... They don't sell fleas, but you'll have some by the time you leave.

[quote name='Lord Rannos']I live in Iowa. Des Moines, Iowa. The land of corn. We have crops growing within city borders. A horse lives near my school.[/quote]
I live within a few hundred feet of a horse farm and a corn field. People like to eat corn, and people like to watch horse races(especially in KY). Both have to go somewhere.

[SIZE=1]I live in Washington, DC. Well, I actually live about four minutes outside the city proper, but I'm in the metropolitan area, and was born in DC. It's alright here -- nothing really awesome about it, nothing really terrible about it except the tourists. I enjoy city life, and hate that the city has placed the law that no building can exceed X height. X being the height of the capital. And it's a shame too, because I enjoy skyscrapers.

Which I why I plan to get rich, and live in one of those ritzy apartment pent-house suits in NYC. Nyah.[/SIZE]

[COLOR=Green]well... i live in Illinois, USA, in the middle of nowhere. i live in a REALLY small town, the population is like 1,500 (if that!). springfield is about an hour away from us, chicago is about 4 hours away from us, and it majorly sux growing up here, i would pack up and leave, but i have really close and great friends. we are all (my friends and i) are all "outcasts" because you are either a prep, jock, or a loser here, no punks, goths, ect., yea its really boring here.

however, i was born in dallas, TX and lived there till i was like 9, my dad still lives there, and i visit him (of course) and i looove downtown dallas!! i'm prolly gonna move there when im 18! :animeswea [/COLOR]

[QUOTE=cecelia rose][COLOR=Green]well... i live in Illinois, USA, in the middle of nowhere. i live in a REALLY small town, the population is like 1,500 (if that!). springfield is about an hour away from us, chicago is about 4 hours away from us, and it majorly sux growing up here, i would pack up and leave, but i have really close and great friends. we are all (my friends and i) are all "outcasts" because you are either a prep, jock, or a loser here, no punks, goths, ect., yea its really boring here.

however, i was born in dallas, TX and lived there till i was like 9, my dad still lives there, and i visit him (of course) and i looove downtown dallas!! i'm prolly gonna move there when im 18! :animeswea [/COLOR][/QUOTE]
[COLOR=DarkRed]
Ahh... Downtown Dallas... The only place on earth you find a Starbucks... Across the street from a Starbucks. [/COLOR]

Oh, I dunno SadBlue, Seattle's just about that bad. :animeangr

Speaking of, where do I live? I live on the west coast of the US. Washington to be more precise. Near the Pugett (or however the heck I'm s'posed to spell that. Kind of sad, living here and not knowing, but oh well.) Sound. Around Everett and Seattle.

We're a small little town where nothing exciting ever happens. Oh, ocassionaly we get a bomb threat from some stupid kid who doesn't want to go to school. There was one time that the police had some idiot confined to a house across the street from my school. Fun times there. No one in my classroom, or the rest of the school for that matter, was allowed to move around. Pretty boring.

Once a year we get a street fair. Our little town just turned 100 this year, so maybe the street fair will be more exciting. It's a nice thing to hope for...but it probably won't happen.

Everyone hangs out at the library or the elementary school. What does that say about my town? Pretty sad, huh? We have a park, but no one ever goes there...waste of money to be honest.

All that said, I'm pretty attached to this place. I like living where I do. It's just that there's a lack of things to do during the summer.

I live in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada. I'm like 10 minutes away from the airport. So, I remember when I was younger plane engines use to be so noisy, the sound made our windows shake! :animestun I wonder if maybe they just changed the plane route because I don't notice the sound anymore.
I lived here for my whole life, in the same city in the same house. I would complain, but my house has ac! That's enough to make me stay. :animeswea

[QUOTE=Lord Dante]I live in a place in england called cambridge. we are famous for our universities (and their rivalry with oxford's) and the boat race. Parts of cambridge are beautiful, but most of it's as ugly as hell.

england is crowded, but you get used to it.[/QUOTE]

[COLOR=Navy]When I lived in England, I didn't feel crowded at all, and hey! Cambridge is not ugly period! I loved it there! Nothing can compare to the dirtiness of some of Ireland's cities.

I used to live in Lakenheath, England, but that was five years ago. I now live in Spokane, Washington. I hate it here. I'd much rather be back in England. (if it weren't for my friends, I'd definately go back.)[/COLOR]

[QUOTE=celestialcharm]I live in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada. I'm like 10 minutes away from the airport. So, I remember when I was younger plane engines use to be so noisy, the sound made our windows shake! :animestun I wonder if maybe they just changed the plane route because I don't notice the sound anymore.
I lived here for my whole life, in the same city in the same house. I would complain, but my house has ac! That's enough to make me stay. :animeswea[/QUOTE]
It's called habituation. Your body has learned to block the sound out.

[QUOTE=Japan][COLOR=Navy]When I lived in England, I didn't feel crowded at all, and hey! Cambridge is not ugly period! I loved it there! Nothing can compare to the dirtiness of some of Ireland's cities.

I used to live in Lakenheath, England, but that was five years ago. I now live in Spokane, Washington. I hate it here. I'd much rather be back in England. (if it weren't for my friends, I'd definately go back.)[/COLOR][/QUOTE]
england does have it's good points. i spent a brief period in lakenheath, it is a nice place.

[QUOTE=r2vq]I live in Toronto Canada, the self-proclaimed world's most multicultural city.
-ArV[/QUOTE]

[color=darkviolet]I plan on going up there for a visit this year (summer hopefully) preferably not by Fast Ferry because with my luck that thing will sink in the middle of Lake Ontario and I'll have to swim back to the Port of Rochester :mad:

My main goal this year after getting a job is to go to Eaton Centre around my birthday because that's the closest Sephora in my area. Plus it's much safer than drving to NYC.

So yeah maybe we'll unknowingly run into eachother this summer. Just look for the lady with the baby.[/color]

[font=Comic Sans MS][color=seagreen]I live down in Phoenix AZ. The desert is so beautiful and so are the storms that should be starting up soon. ^-^ I think I've only been down here a little over a year. The car ride down here from New York was so beautiful. Except for going through Tenesee. That was hell. @-@ Wish I had pictures. <_<[/color][/font]

[QUOTE=ChibiHorsewoman][color=darkviolet]
So yeah maybe we'll unknowingly run into eachother this summer. Just look for the lady with the baby.[/color][/QUOTE]
Lady with the baby. That's helpful. XD
Can you picture me running up to every woman with a baby and asking them if they're ChibiHorsewman? XD

If you're going to visit Toronto, come by in August and go to CN Anime. ^^ So you can be around other Anime fans while you're here. Of course, you can still go to the Eaton's Centre while you're here. XP

[quote name='celestialcharm']I live in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada.[/quote]
My cousins live in Mississauga... Mississauga has the coolet mayor. How old is she now? 90?

-ArV

[quote name='gwynva']I cannot know the understanding or the freedom part, but if the scenes from the Lord of the Rings are at least true by half, it must be a beautiful place...[/quote]

Ha, That proves your ignorance. That's New Zealand, a second rate version of Australia which wants to be as good as us but it can't. And also Baron, Nyeeash... Your side of Asutralia sucks, try having some real Aussie culture you Western Australian simpleton. Try Melbourne for a while if the cold doesn't kill you.

PS: I have to have a go at Baron every single time he talks about where he lives. Its not my fault that Melbourne is better.

[size=1]Hahaha. West Australian simpleton? This comes from the East, where they bump your results for whatever stupid reason. You wouldn't know your left from your right, buddy.

Cold? You don't talk to me about cold. Melbourne might be cold, but it's damn well [b]colder[/b] where I am.

Melbourne snob.[/size]

[QUOTE]I don't get how anyone could live in England. It's not because it's a bad place or anything (It's damn right beautiful, ask me) but England is litterally 100 times smaller then Canada with a population 10 times as large. How can people stand to be that crowded?[/QUOTE]
[size=1]Whoa, please stop trashing England! It's my home, and I am very serious about people taking the mickey out of us. As for exact location, I live in a little town called Reading, about 20 miles away from London. And while I admit that London does have some bad points, it is not a bad city, really.

Also, Baron, for your comment about the Aussies being better at every sport than everyone ever, can I just mention the Rugby World Cup? We beat you fair and square in that Cup Final, and you're just jealous because you have no Johnny Wilkinson! Ha!
[/size]

[QUOTE=r2vq]

My cousins live in Mississauga... Mississauga has the coolet mayor. How old is she now? 90?

-ArV[/QUOTE]

:rotflmao:

I'm going to CN Anime!!! Me and my bro decided it would be jks if we cosplayed as characters from balloon fight!! So if I do cosplay as them, look for a girl with a balloon attached to her waist!

I live in a small little town in Connecticut called Ansonia. Its pretty much the middle of nowhere. My town is soo small you can walk from one end to the other in less than 20 minutes. Its really boring too. The biggest employer is a supermarket. *sigh*