OtakuBoards

Where do you live?

Morpheus

I've been wondering where everyone that comes here lives. I live in the middle of Kentucky, USA, About 30 miles from Fort Knox. It's kinda funny. If anyone not used to being near a base came here they would think we are being bombed.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Morpheus']I've been wondering where everyone that comes here lives. I live in the middle of Kentucky, USA, About 30 miles from Fort Knox. It's kinda funny. If anyone not used to being near a base came here they would think we are being bombed.[/quote]
This should be definitely inspiring in many ways, being bombed :)

Giving locations only won't mean much i guess so what is it that you want to learn exactly?

It's very interesting to find out where your friends live:
[URL]http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=44477&highlight=live[/URL]
[URL]http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=40829&highlight=live[/URL]
[URL]http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=35974&highlight=live[/URL]
[URL]http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=10324&highlight=live[/URL]
[URL]http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=7183&highlight=live[/URL]
[URL]http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=4569&highlight=live[/URL]
[URL]http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=3250&highlight=live[/URL]

Guest redwinder
i live in quillota a city from chile, chile is located south of the usa is a beautiful country and you should visit it if you can. i attach a picture of where my country is
located and a description.

[color=darkviolet]I live in Western Upstate NY. I have to clarify because lots of people think that the only part of NY is NYC and it's not. We have pleanty of stuff up in good old Western NY.

[URL] http://myrochester.com/events/cresults.asp?category=1&category=3&category=2&category=4&category=5&date=6%2F11%2F2005[/URL]

And that's just whats happening this weekend[/color]

[COLOR=#004A6F]I live in Canada, Ontario, London. London's okay. Some parts are pretty ugly, but others are really nice. London is apperently the "forest city", and I have to admit, we have plenty of trees and a few forests here an there.[/COLOR]

I live in Istanbul, Turkey, where the two bridges connect the two continents, Asia and Europe. I love the Bosphorus and the crowdedness, chaos and the diversity of the city. It somehow makes you feel as if you are not lonely, and yet special.

I live in Iowa. Des Moines, Iowa. The land of corn. We have crops growing within city borders. A horse lives near my school.

It's pretty boring here, honestly. We have about two theme parks, and almost no tourist attractions. It's a quiet place, but the people are all nice to each other. Also, there is very little cultural diversity. Everywhere I go outside of Iowa, I am amazed by all the differences in people, accents, languages, skin color, everything! While in Iowa, there are a lot of white people with no accents.

[QUOTE=Lord Rannos]I live in Iowa. Des Moines, Iowa. The land of corn. We have crops growing within city borders. A horse lives near my school.

It's pretty boring here, honestly. We have about two theme parks, and almost no tourist attractions. It's a quiet place, but the people are all nice to each other. Also, there is very little cultural diversity. Everywhere I go outside of Iowa, I am amazed by all the differences in people, accents, languages, skin color, everything! While in Iowa, there are a lot of white people with no accents.[/QUOTE]
and i guess your adventure with animes started with out of boredom, and to look for something different then :)

I live in Sonoma County. That is northern California (US). It's considered the wine county since I live right next to Napa (which is famous for their wine). I also live next to San Francisco. Even though where I live is nothing special, I somehow live next to famous cities and towns. Strange. And yet there is nothing to do in my town, or anything special what-so-ever about it, except for that Charles Shultz lived here and the kid from lassy. Poor guy probably gets teased constantly. My friend is friends with Charles Shultz's grandaughter, our town is pretty much obsessed with him and everyone I know's grandparent's or friends are friends with a relative of the family. REALLY strange. Anyways, alittle off topic, but yeah. Thats pretty much all thats interesting about it. It's like a bunch of towns that make a city.

[size=1]I live in Australia, land of the truly free, truly great, and truly great swimmers. And most other sports, too. And a place of extremes. And a place of beauty. And a place of understanding.

And god damn, if it isn't better than wherever you're from.[/size]

[QUOTE=Baron Samedi][size=1]I live in Australia, land of the truly free, truly great, and truly great swimmers. And most other sports, too. And a place of extremes. And a place of beauty. And a place of understanding.
[/size][/QUOTE]
I cannot know the understanding or the freedom part, but if the scenes from the Lord of the Rings are at least true by half, it must be a beautiful place...

[COLOR=Blue][SIZE=1]I live smack dab in the middle of the continent, that would be the United States, to all you foreigners out there. Topeka, Kansas is where I be livin' it up! Our Summers are hot, our Winters are cold...Ah, life is good in Kansas. I wouldn't trade it for anything and I HATE! (That would be hellish, fiery hate) anyone who goes off saying Kansas is dull and ugly. Because, while that may be true (In some parts) its still my homeland and I love it.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[SIZE=-3][COLOR=DarkRed]I'm near the Western Coast of the US. I live in Las Vegas, Nevada. Where it's either extremely scorching hot, or freezing your a** off cold. Yes, believe it or not, it gets really cold over here in the winter. It even snows here if the conditions are perfect for it. Nothing alot to share about this place, or rather, not alot of things to be proud about. Lots of gambling, violence, drugs, and other acts I dare not speak of. :rolleyes:

But it's home, and besides...it's one of the fastest growing cities, so there's always some place new to go. And people are always moving here, so it's nice to have a constant influx of friends.

Oh, and if you were wondering...no I don't care of the whole "What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas!" slogan. Maybe some like the idea of promoting ourselves as the smut capital of the Universe, but I don't.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[quote name='Baron Samedi][size=1']And god damn, if it isn't better than wherever you're from.[/size][/quote]

You're there. It automatically sucks. Zing.

Anyway, I live in Chicago. I'm originally from California, but I've been here a vast majority of my life. I really love the city as a whole. I find most people who have never been here figure that Chicago is downtown (Sears Tower, etc) and that's the end of it. A vast majority of Chicago is really just normal neighborhoods.

Regardless, I live very close to downtown and maybe a block from Lake Michigan. The place is full of obnoxious yuppies and their rat-sized dogs, but I still like it. It's great living in a busy area that's full of all sorts of different people. Even compared to the rest of Chicago, the area I'm in is really just kind of anything goes. Boystown (the section of the city that is pretty much focused on gay men for whatever reason) is very close, for example. I could honestly see it being far more of an issue in different parts of the city.

So yeah, I like it here.

[SIZE=1]Hey, Baron, South Africa has some bloody good swimmers, too!

I'm originally from South Africa, I lived there most of my (15 years) of life. We first lived in Johannesburg, then moved down to Somerset West, Cape Town. It was gorgeous there and you can see why tourists love it, but for people who work there it wasn't all that great on a day-to-day bases. Crime, violence and bias towards bilingual children was a big problem, I knew I wouldn?t get into Uni, for example.

So we moved to the UK, now I live in Liverpool. I really hate it and desperately want to move; even though it's great from an education point of view it's just everything else that drives me nuts. Actually, the whole of England drives me crazy, haha.

I should probably clear up the fact that I?m actually English and not really of South African blood, both parents are from the UK.

In the next two years I should be moving to Australia, Brisbane, I believe. I can't wait ^_^;[/SIZE]

I don't get how anyone could live in England. It's not because it's a bad place or anything (It's damn right beautiful, ask me) but England is litterally 100 times smaller then Canada with a population 10 times as large. How can people stand to be that crowded?

Well, If you think Iowa is corn country, you obviously must know my home state, a little place called Indiana. Nothing big in my hometown except the circus, and nothing goes on up here at college. Just bying time until I finally go to Japan......

[quote name='SadBlue']I don't get how anyone could live in England. It's not because it's a bad place or anything (It's damn right beautiful, ask me) but England is litterally 100 times smaller then Canada with a population 10 times as large. How can people stand to be that crowded?[/quote]
I think it is about how you get accustomed to your surrounding. Once you get used to it, you don't realize it is crowded at all, when you can not find it, you get this feeling that something is lacking in your life.

[quote name='SadBlue']I don't get how anyone could live in England. It's not because it's a bad place or anything (It's damn right beautiful, ask me) but England is litterally 100 times smaller then Canada with a population 10 times as large. How can people stand to be that crowded?[/quote]
I live in a place in england called cambridge. we are famous for our universities (and their rivalry with oxford's) and the boat race. Parts of cambridge are beautiful, but most of it's as ugly as hell.

england is crowded, but you get used to it.

[COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=-3]Well last I heard, most people aren't really too accustomed to Canada's weather. Think about when the French orginally moved in there, they had to drastically change their economy as agriculture was a completely void in that area. So most people either started hunting and gathering again, or they moved down South to the English colonies. Thus, today, Canada's population has always been quite small. You can't compare two regions based on the size of the country. Japan is quite crowded, and it's even smaller (By math that is, you can't really compare the two geometrically) than Britain.

Finally, do remember that Britain was the first place to industrialize, and London was the first town to urbanize and effectively be called a "city" then. So England had the first population boom due to their increase in food production, as well as the birth of more material possessions. Likewise, the standard of living in Britain rose dramatically. So it was a much more favorable place to live at time. With state-of-the-art healthcare, the average life-span of a Britain citizen rose by at least 20 years, and the birth-mortality rate fell by almost 300%. So...I'm not surprised Britain is where it is.

But that's just me. :D [/SIZE] [/COLOR]

[font=Times New Roman][size=3][font=Comic Sans MS][size=2][color=blue][color=navy][font='Comic Sans MS']I live in [/font][/color][color=navy][font='Comic Sans MS']Northern Virginia[/font][/color][color=navy][font='Comic Sans MS'] ?in the DC metropolitan area, where I?ve lived for most of my life. (When I was 1-3 I lived in [/font][/color][color=navy][font='Comic Sans MS']Riyadh[/font][/color][color=navy][font='Comic Sans MS'] in [/font][/color][color=navy][font='Comic Sans MS']Saudi Arabia[/font][/color][color=navy][font='Comic Sans MS'] (though I wasn?t born there).) I live in a suburban area [/font][/color]

[/color][/size][/font][/size][/font]

[QUOTE=Sol-Blade][COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=-3]Well last I heard, most people aren't really too accustomed to Canada's weather. Think about when the French orginally moved in there, they had to drastically change their economy as agriculture was a completely void in that area. So most people either started hunting and gathering again, or they moved down South to the English colonies. Thus, today, Canada's population has always been quite small. You can't compare two regions based on the size of the country. Japan is quite crowded, and it's even smaller (By math that is, you can't really compare the two geometrically) than Britain.

Finally, do remember that Britain was the first place to industrialize, and London was the first town to urbanize and effectively be called a "city" then. So England had the first population boom due to their increase in food production, as well as the birth of more material possessions. Likewise, the standard of living in Britain rose dramatically. So it was a much more favorable place to live at time. With state-of-the-art healthcare, the average life-span of a Britain citizen rose by at least 20 years, and the birth-mortality rate fell by almost 300%. So...I'm not surprised Britain is where it is.

But that's just me. :D [/SIZE] [/COLOR][/QUOTE]
[COLOR=DarkRed]
No no, I understand completely WHY Britan is as crowded as it is, I just can't comprehend living there atm. Japan, for the matter, either. Despite being the most technologically advanced country on this planet (Or so we're lead to believe) I couldn't cope with that kind of lifestyle. I'll stick to my rolling countrysides, diverse climates, secluded neighborhoods, and living in the most senically beautiful nation on Earth. Not to mention where the highest ranked country in the UN *Ahem*

Oh, and as I recall it, people didn't move from then-British North America to the colonies because of the climate, quite the opposite infact. People moved to then-British North America because the climate was optimal for Beavers, which, at the time, were being hunted to near extinction for pelts. When beaver hats fell from popularity, people left then-British North America and, luckily, saved the endagered Beaver from extinction. Another reason is that, at the time, a lot of people were rather pissed off at the British Empire, so when America rebelled a lot of people flocked to it for a new lifestyle. Then-Dominion of Canada decided a slower, more subtle seperation that didn't attract as much attention but ultimantly makes a more peacful society.[/COLOR]