OtakuBoards

Your favorite show...

Guest Nightmare1547

My favorite show is Futurama, Dr. Zoidberg is the coolest!!

...yeah. Futurama is maybe my favorite show on television. The more I watch it the more I love it. The show is exceptional. The writing is fantastic, the animation is incredible, the voice acting is perhaps the best I've ever heard ever (that's factoring in movies as well), and it's just hilarious. I also love how easily the show balances a coherent arching plot and well defined characters, while still being able to make each episode funny enough to stand on its own. No other show has really come close to achieving that, I think. Futurama is also incredibly geeky, but that's just how I like it.

I love a lot of other shows, but many of the shows I like are either alive only in syndication or are dead and cancelled. Stuff like The Twilight Zone (the original show, which craps on any of the other lame ripoffs), Mystery Science Theater 3000, Batman: The Animated Series, The X-Files, Rocko's Modern Life, The Tick, etc.

Guest HikyuuTera
:catgirl: Mine has to be Rurouni Kenshin if I was to pick out of all of the shows I like.I prefer it to most but then again I like all samurai/ninja related anime/movies/shows lol :catgirl:

[quote name='Midboss']Anime aside, I enjoy Seinfeld, X-Play, and WWE (shut up).[/quote]

Ooh, Seinfeld. Don't know why I forgot to mention that. I've [i]really[/i] gotten into the show since its release onto DVD. So damn funny, and even fifteen years after it first came onto the air Seinfeld is fresher than 99% of the shows I've watched on television. I actually enjoy watching WWE, too, but I wouldn't call it one of my absolute favorite things on television. The quality of the shows is far too inconsistent these days.

Other than anime, I'd have to say Samurai Jack.

I know its not on TV anymore, but this show rocked! It had, like, the best animation ever (NO OUTLINES) and the story was great. This show had quite possibly the best soundtrack and sound effects of any show ever. They didn't talk much, but when they did, the voice acting was superb. Of course, the best part, is the battles. I haven't even seen moves like this in anime! The episode where Jack fights the eight robots (obvious Ninja Scroll knockoff) was AMAZING. I also love the graveyard episode, when he gets the dudes to stab through the gates then cuts their blades, it was just so cool.

FUTURAMA!!!!!

Amazing writing, talented acting, and constant humorous twists make up one ******* hell of a show. FUTURAMA is easily my favorite animated show.

This may seem odd for someone on these boards, but I only follow one anime: NGE. And I don't follow it that closely either.

Top FIVE Shows-

5. House

4. Inside Gran Prix

3. F1 News Cast

2. Formula 1 Gran Prix's

1. Nip//Tuck- Somehow I love these high budget soap operas. Speaking of which, when does Season 3 Start?

[color=darkviolet] *waves hand around* ooh pick me pick me!

Okay anime aside since this [i]isn't[/i] in the anime lounge I have to pick both animated and non animated shows. Okay in no particular order her are a few of them:

1.) Roseanne- Oh my goddess that show was funny. I still watch the re-runs on Nick at Nite. I think that show is the closest a sitcom has ever come to a typical American family. NO big fancy house. No well dressed skinny moms. Just normal looking people with problems that a lot of families face.

2.) Animaniacs- Hillarious. I still remember the opening song and how I waited for it to come on weekday afternoons. My favorite episode is the one where Wakko is looking for a bathroom. He goes to a gas station and gets the key from the attendant. He opens up the bathroom and turns on the light. All the roaches go skattering away and he says: "I can't go potty in there it's [I][B]DISGUSTING[/I][/B]!

3.) Jem and the Holograms- Raise your hand if you remember this one. Girl looses father, girl finds out that her father's partner is stealing from the company. she finds a super computer that makes holograms of stuff and forms a band to keep everything running.

4.) Queer eye for the Straight guy- I don't know if I have a good discription for the show right now. But I like Jai- I mean I [i]LIKE[/i] Jai. He almost makes me wish I was a guy so he'd like me.

5.) Mail Call- Gunney Lee is really funny. And I like finding out about military history. I think it's an occupational hazard that comes from being in my family. (ie long military history-even one of my great-greats was in the military-Civil war)

6.) Daria- How can someone [i]not[/i] like Daria?

7.) Jerry Springer- Just makes me glad to be me

8.) Judge Judy- Hey, there's someone who watches WWE on here!

9.) Winx Club- I don't know why I watch this show- it give [i]real[/i] witches a bad name becuase the show mentions covens and the witches are the villains. But the'res nothing else on and you can only watch CNN for so long!

10.) The Price is Right- Just to get it to a nice even number (I also like Jeopardy because I'm sure I can beat Ken Jennings)[/color]

Guest Kit-Kat1667
My favorite tv shows are:Cartoon Network + adult swim = Case Closed :catgirl: I will be obcessed forever :animestun :animesmil :animeswea
-The Apprentice
-all Adult Swim 'cept Ghost in the Shell 'cause its boring
-Mad TV
-Animal Planet
-Nick(hey arnold is real boring

[SIZE=1]Well, as far as anime go's I enjoy Samurai Champloo as well. Family Guy is probably my favorite comedy show, it's hilarious. Two other shows I really enjoy are "Intervention" and "DOG: The Bounty Hunter." Both are shows on A&E and both offer something different then your usual show. I've mentioned Intervention in many posts before, and as the title implies, it offers an option for addicts to combat their addiction and people close to them form an intervention to help remedy the problem. DOG is a show about a family consisting of basically all bounty hunters. Although they're rough and tough when it comes to catching their fugitives, at home they have a heartfelt family life with interesting twists and turns to watch.[/SIZE]

[FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=1][COLOR=Indigo]My favorite show is probably Sabrina the Teenage Witch. I don't watch a lot of TV but I will always watch Sabrina. I also like Degrassi: The Next Generation, O'Grady, Girls Vs. Boys, and Endurance. Come back, Monroe, COME BACK![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='Ailes de Velour][FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=1][COLOR=Indigo] I also like , O'Grady, ![/COLOR][/SIZE'][/FONT][/quote]

[color=darkviolet]I watch O'Grady too, but I haven't seen it recently. I think it's funny that they have two characters named Abby and Elizabeth since that's my daughter's first and middle name.

The best episode was when the gong kept making people forget things and Abby kept reapplying self tanner.

I like to watch Airline- both the US and UK versions. But the US version is usually funnier. The UK one gets into the airline employee's personal lives more than the US and it's depressing to me to watch the part about the woman with cancer.[/color]

Guest Daiku
[COLOR=Navy][CENTER]omg too! family guy is AWSOME!!!!!!! stewies kooler than ever too! but my all time favorite show is the simpsons ALL THE WAY WOOOOOOOOT! and count the O.C too! I HEART ryan from the o.c (and seth!) ;) :p :D [/CENTER] [/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Shinmaru]My favorite show is Futurama, Dr. Zoidberg is the coolest!!
[/QUOTE]
[SIZE=1][COLOR="#990033"][b]*dies laughing* Okay I don't know why I found that so funny, but I did.

I love Rocko's Modern Life! I use to watch that show all the time. I loved how they always called him a beaver. No one I know remembers that show it's frustrating whenever I try to bring it up. For some reason I like a lot of the early 90's and even 80's shows that come on late at night or in the mornings. Right now I like watching the Fresh Prince of Bellair and Rosanna. I remember Daria, I use to watch that all the time when I was younger, thats funny. I also like watching King of Queens, it's actually quite a well-thought out comedy show. Plus I like seeing the wife kick her husbands ***. What? Its entertainment.

I also have to go with Futurama and Family Guy. I know it's been listed like a million times but I have to agree that these animated shows are very funny and well thought out. Futurama has more plot to it where Family Guy is more of spoofs off events in real life. I love each one, Fry and Peter are two characters that just can't be placed. Everyone loves the dumb guy. lol. I mean look at Homer.
[/SIZE][/COLOR][/b]

[size=1][color=slategray]I'm surprised no one has said Blue's Clues yet.

Though I don't watch much t.v., I can [I]never[/I] deny my obsession over Teen Titans. This is the only show besides anime that I will keep track of. I love the animation, a lot of people say they "hate" the show because they "stole" the whole anime look. Give me a break. You have to admit, it works perfectly in the anime look. Besides, I don't think the show would be the same without this look. But, aside from that, the characters all work wonderfully. You can relate all your closest friends to at least one Titan. Though some of the lines may be cheesey, I still think the writing is good too. They do a good job of expressing what they need to while keeping it kid friendly. Another thing, I love how they make the characters relationships grow and get more extreme. Note the whole Starfire/Robin relationship, you can tell they have feelings for each other, but they don't make it sappy. And the mix of action and day-to-day relationships with your room mates/friends is something you normally wouldn't expect from shows on Cartoon Network. I just love basically everything about the show.
Don't ask me why, but I have a soft spot for Boy Meets World. I never got why, but I watch it anyway, and that's good enough for me.
If I watch t.v., I'll normally watch a lot on Court TV, I've always been into the whole mystery thing... so I love some of their detective/forensic shows.
Law and Order... see above.

Then there is always anime. My favorite anime shows are defiantly things like Paranoia Agent, Ghost in the Shell, Cowboy Bebop, Tenchi, Case Closed, Ceres: Celestial Legend, and FLCL. I like more, but those are the top on my list.[/color][/size]

Guest AzureSea
[QUOTE=Kit-Kat1667]My favorite tv shows are:Cartoon Network + adult swim = Case Closed :catgirl: I will be obcessed forever :animestun :animesmil :animeswea
-The Apprentice
-all Adult Swim 'cept Ghost in the Shell 'cause its boring
-Mad TV
-Animal Planet
-Nick(hey arnold is real boring[/QUOTE]
My mom, sis and I LOVE the Apprentice. I also watch Nick, but usually when I start liking a show, they take it off (curse you Viacom!)!
Hey! I like Ghost in the Shell! Yeah, it's really confusing alot of the time, but it's also really funny, especially the Tachikomas.
My favorite show is .hack//SIGN. I mean, the animation and the music is incredible, I wanna get the CDs. It's better than the next hack show, Legend of the Twilight Bracelet, that show is too chibi and when Shugo and Rena called out to each other, like ten times nonstop, ugh, annoying. Right behind SIGN, I also love Hagane no Renkinjutsushi, or FullMetal Alchemist. I love Edward :animesmil . Anime aside, I like Everybody Loves Raymond. I don't watch Seinfeld as much (cuz by the time I turn the TV on, it's at the credits), but I like it too. I also like Invader ZIM, especially the Tak episode and Mysterious Mysteries. Oh, jeez, I left out Code:Lyoko. Bad art compared to other shows, but just addictive.
Samurai Champloo is okay. Not my favorite, but I make sure not to miss an episode. I also love InuYasha, though I personally am freaked out by his human form. Sesshomaru rocks! hmmm, what did I leave out? Oh yeah, the N shows! My sis and I LOVE the Fresh Prince and Degrassi: the Next Generation. The school shooting episode makes me cry at the candlelight session, no matter how many times I see it. I also like O'Grady, but now I really don't watch it. I did one night, but my mom made me turn it off, maybe cuz Lipshitz cursed too much. That's what I can think about for now for the moment, plus, if I don't stop, this will NEVER end :animeswea .