OtakuBoards

How did you find OtakuBoards?

Darker Alucard

[size=1][color=slategray]About two and a half years ago, I had been searching around Google for some good anime sites. I saw The[B]Otaku[/B] link and checked it out. After about a week, I ventured into the chat room. I was probably a part of the chat room for about two months before I realized there was even a forum here. So, I joined, and about a month after that, the chat room was shut down. Which saddened me, for there were a [I]lot[/I] of great people I talked to regulary in there. But, at least I still have the good old OB. ^.^[/color][/size]

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Sean
[COLOR=SlateGray][SIZE=1]When I was going through a 'Shaman King' phase, where I loved everything closely enough related to the series and manga. So I joined with the alias 'Shaman-SkyLord' or something like that. Then got sick of the name and got a new account, where I then found that you could only have 1 account.

But I forgot about the old Shaman-SkyLord account until I then realised that no-one should not be able to have the privilge of such a name and got Jame to delete the account for me.

[spoiler]How sexy, no? Shaman-SkyLord...it makes me fizz up everytime I think about it ~_^[/spoiler][/SIZE][/COLOR]

I started on Theotaku.com, because I was dating an anime junkie at the time, and I used to send all of those great online cards that you guys had on your site. I hearted those.

Also, there was so much great fanart, and I aspired to be an artist, so I would sit and gawk for hours.

When the myotaku.com came out, I started getting into that, and then found these forums.

Took a break, but now I am back and RPing away. HUZZAH!

I was enlightened to myOtaku.com by way of Lore (Sara). Being the total n00b that I was, I thought "W007! An anime site! Dat is 2 awesome!" (Sara even told me that I was the proverbial n00b, but there aren't any proverbs about n00bs) I then changed my ways and vowed to write like a SANE person. I then found the OtakuBoards link and I thought the same thing as above, but insert FORUM in place of SITE. I was then called Inuyashafan418 and I got bored with it when every single Inuyasha fan pm'd me, so I changed my name to Minako. It was a name of a character I used to have, but I like it anyway. It also was a silent dare to true otakus if they knew that [SPOILER]Minako is the Japanese name for Sailor Venus from Sailor Moon.[/SPOILER] Only three people have figured it out. ;)

I'm getting off track here. I truly enjoy Otakuboards because the mods are very strict against short posts and the quality of posts. I eventually went to other forums and was dissapointed how...well...STUPID some of these posts were. feh.

Good Job OB.

[COLOR=royalblue][SIZE=1]I was introduced to OtakuBoards through a girl I met in a Anime chat room on Yahoo instant messanger. She was a member who no longer visits the boards. [B]Stardust[/B] is the one who you all can thank for bringing me to you ^_~ Jiggity jiggity, Oh yeeah. [/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR=Blue]well, in 2003, i was interested in .Hack//sign for awhile. so, i thought i would see if i could find some pic.s of the show on the holly place called the internet for the first time. i went on a search engine to look for some pic.s and stumbled across a forum for .Hack and found a kewl person by the name of K.K.C. i e-mailed her and we started talking more and more. so she told me to come here. i did and was aw struck. i left for awhile in 2004 then came back. i knew i couldn't stay away for long. otakuboards is like a drug, you can't help but to have more of it until you die at your keyboard from lack of food, water, and never going to the bathroom.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=Navy][FONT=Comic Sans MS]I was on theOtaku, checking out the fanart, being a serious fan of it, and I accidently clicked on Otakuboards. I thought it looked pretty cool, so I signed up.

Then I made my first thread entitled,"One Piece on the Foxbox...", and it was then combined with the " Cartoon Network Line-Ups...and anime on television announcements" Thread...

Yep! I like it here! I think I'll stop my Rurouni ways for a while and hang here! ;) [/FONT][/COLOR]

Well, I first joined this board called YAP! It's a canadian site for a good TV chanel.

It's [url]www.ytv.com/yap[/url]

So then I made alot of cyber friends, and all the moderators were nice, so I stayed. Then I began to sign up for alot of really bad boards with horrible format, just because I was addicted.

Then one day, I came accrose this post by Sweetrose, and she was giving her website URL, so I viseted the site. It was fun. LOTS of fun. I gave her alot of hugs^^

So anyway's I thought, heck, I want a website too!

So I registered then set up my site four days later. So then, I found out that it was all about anime, and I was like 'ROCK ON!' so I went to theoatku and it was very fun and still is.

So then I found out about the boards, and registered.

It was pretty fun of an experiance, so thank you Sweetrose! lol :animesmil

I found the site through a friend, otherwise known as [B]lord dante[/B]. Even though I have only been a member for two days, I am glad that I joined and am having lots of fun. I have not used any forums for about a year, and this one may well get me hooked on them again...

[COLOR=GREEN]Well, I found this site during summer '00 (oh so long ago :rolleyes: ). Anyways, I was doing a Yahoo search for Dragonball Z sites and came across theOtaku.com's Dragonball page. I eventually found my way to the boards and I've been here ever since, though I have used other screen names.

I really like this site, and I guess it has a lot to do with the overall post quality. Except for a few nubies, most experienced members tend to do a good job with their post, especially compared to some other message board sites.[/COLOR]

[color=sienna][size=1]

I was searching for Trigun pics three years back, came across the Otaku, and then stumbled upon the acual boards... And as they say, from their it's history... good lord... three years...[/color][/size]

I was told about this place by SunfallE. ^_^ She's one of my best friends and she knows I love anime. So I joined OtakuBoards and then signed up for myOtaku. Hehehe! I tried visiting other forums but I like this one the best! The other are kind of boring since they aren't moderated very well and are full of tons of spam and junk messages.

[quote name='Godelsensei']Since then, I have achieved such great feats as having set Shin on fire, like, seventeen times...[/quote]

Ah, those were the days. You've not set me on fire for a long time. Where am I going to get my second-degree burns from now? :(

Near the end of my junior year in high school I was in a computer class. We had various projects, and for each project we needed to make a cover page. TheOtaku.com was one of the various sites I went to in order to get pictures to use. I went to TheOtaku for a couple of months before I decided to check out the message board. I liked anime, but I mostly stayed because of the video game areas (95% of that was the Nintendo board, though :p).

Then James got crazy (or dangerously sane) enough to hire me, and I've been modding Nintendo/Play It for a long while now. That's pretty much the only thing that keeps me around these days.

[spoiler]I guess that posting about video games, the occasional anime, RPGs, Music, Movies, and TV, and short stories might also have a slight hand in keeping me around, as well. :D[/spoiler]

I don't remember how exactly I came to find these boards. I think I was looking for anime greeting cards for my friend's bday this year. One thing lead to another and I eventually clicked on something that said the otakuboards. I was like :animestun they have boards?? So, I just had to join. :catgirl:

Guest Kinkami
I found this board by way of AndaraKitsune, my friend... she was checking the board while here (at my house), and I happened to be walking by. I registered... made some icons/avvies/banners for the two of us... and yay, here I am! ^_^

...fwee. Hi, all.

[size=1]Joined in - 2002
One of my friends actually showed me. I believe she is now known as [b]Muse[/b]. I remeber being a Newbie. I was known as [b]Sakura Kid[/b]. I remeber how I used to RP too, and omg, was it sorta terrible. But now I believe I've developed alot...[/size]

A friend of mine was always on Otakuboards. Whenever I went over to his house, or he was at my house for that matter, one of his main navigation boards was otakuboards. Plus, it was so wonderfully literate. I am the head of a pretty active board at my website, and believe me...getting people to post more than 1 line [B]and[/B] it being grammatically correct is next to impossible. Here, that is vehemently discouraged, leading to a more fun, but also more understandable and literate atmosphere. Plus, I love video games and anime, and all in all, where could I find a better forum? So here I am!

~RtT

[size=2][font=arial narrow]Three years ago on the 17th of June I joined. Looking back at the date, I'm pretty sure I did it for a [url=http://otakuboards.com/member.php?u=2771][b]friend of mine[/b][/url], whose birthday is on the 17th. I'd been lurking for several months beforehand, and my connection to OB was because I'd recently become friends with Liam's herd:

The Harlequin, Ravenstorture, Alley Catt, Avaris, Cloricus, Jesus Chicken, Lilac Oranges, and The Unholy Newt. They were talking about some RPGs they were in one lunch time, and I (not wanting to feel left out) checked it out.

So while everyone else has moved on to better things, I'm still here.

*le sigh* I miss the oldbies. GinnyLyn was just so wonderful -- she was one of those people who would encourage you no matter what. And I haven't really spoken to any of Liam's flock or those from the NFP for years. :( Now I'm all melancholy.[/font][/size]

• 2 weeks later...