OtakuBoards

How did you find OtakuBoards?

Darker Alucard

[color=darkred][size=1]Forescore and ten years ago, I had been wandering the land known as [b]Cyberspace.[/b] I had my trusty Zanpakuto-

Ok, fine. Here's what happenend. I was browsing on Gamefaqs.com's boards, and saw a link to a quiz. I believe it was, "What color Link are you?" (Red if you must know.), and at the time, I was looking for a new message board to inhabit, infest, and root myself, and I saw Otaku[b]Boards[/b]. I esplored, and without thinking, plunged myself in here. w00t. My life story![/color][/size]

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Lore][color=#6699cc']Everyone who remembers Ginny gets a handful of CCEBs. (Roxie, I'm looking at you.)[/color][/quote]

[Color=hotpink][size=1]I want CCEBs because I definately remember Ginny. She was in OBBII with me, after all. ^_^[/color][/size]

The way I found it was I was bored so I was surfing the 'net for Digimon. I came across the Otaku.com's site for it and explored the rest of the site which eventually led me to the forums. I still think it was totally worth it too.

[SIZE=1]Interesting, most interesting.

Like many of the other Oldies, my joining Otaku[B]boards[/B] began with an Internet quest to seek out more knowledge of an anime, in my case it was Dragonball Z. I stumbled across The[B]Otaku[/B] having done a Yahoo/MSN search sometime in either late 2000 or early 2001, at first I only every browsed TheOtaku, ignoring OB because I didn't know what forums were and had little interest in learning. Then in September 2001 when TheOtaku went down for one of it's maintenance periods I decided for the heck of it that I'd browse Otakubaords and see what it was about.

I started out with the "[I]brilliantly[/I]" chosen username Majin Gogeta, and for a time posted in most of the forums with little regard for spelling, grammar and substance. Given time I discovered the wonders of the Arena, or whatever it was called back in Version 3, curse my bad memory, and began what has become my major pursuit here on OB: [B]role-playing[/B]. My advent in role-playing was marked in particular by two people, MajinVegeta (Andrew) and SS Trunks/Yoda (Craig), these two individuals helped me build up the skills to make me a much better role-player.

Nearly four years on I've had the opportunity to meet some really great people, make some really good friends and have more than a few username changes, but I still remain the RPG-loving Irishman I was when I started out. [/SIZE]

I first saw the otaku boards while i was searching for more of the anime videos. The first anime videos i watched were downloaded from otaku vengenance and i really like the musics and the style of them. So i was searching for more and instead found out about otaku boards :)

[SIZE=2][FONT=Times New Roman]

Oooh, I remember it like it was yesterday.

Back in June of 2000, I was wandering aimlessly through some sort of Marketplace when I came across the magazine rack. I began to flip through the random Anime magazines, until I came across an interesting Pokemon one. I flipped through it and learned a few more things that would benefit me in my Pokemon Blue. After making it to the back of the magazine, I found a list of helpful sites... Once being "POKEcheats.com". I could not check out the site because my WebTV was not wanting to allow me online. Sometime in mid-August, we won a new computer in some sort of town raffle. It wasn't really new, but it came with an external modem, which peaked my interest. After working a few bugs out, I finally got AOL 3.0 working. I began to rack my brain and finally remembered the URL of the POKEcheats website. I went there and, for some time, was quite content with the information, but dared not join the forum. On October 28th of 2000, I decided to join the forum and have had an account with the Otakuboards ever since, whether active or not.

[/FONT][/SIZE]

I have been stalking James and knew that the only way I would be able to do that properly was to join the OtakuBoards. :naughty:

Ok, all joking aside I found the OtakuBoards via theOtaku.com. I was searching Goggle for something and stumbled across a quiz on theOtaku, thus leading me to myOtaku and the OtakuBoards. I was amazed to find a message board of such high quality discussions free of spam. After a while I was asked to be a mod for the Otaku Lounge and happily accepted the job.

What keeps me here is the level of discussion quality and the numerous friends I have made thanks to theOtaku network. That and the stalking of James I mentioned earlier...

I first discovered this site when I searched the web for an Inuyasha quiz. THe first one that combined the the words "Inuyasha" and "quiz" on the list was none other than the "Which Inuyasha villian are You?" quiz, so I took it, (Sesshomaru) not knowing anything of this site or the boards. Impressed with the quiz, I started looking for more, and eventually found the link that would bring me here. I hadn't been into message boards before, but upon taking a look at the quality of the posts ('quality posts' being some what of a rare description for most boards) I decided to look at it more closely. I read the rules, viewed many a thread and learned much. So, I thought, why not? And here I am.

[font=Comic Sans MS][color=Gray]Oh man, long, LONG ago I stumbled across this site. It felt like yesterday I hit that "Not Registered" button. Oh. yeah.

I did join yesterday. How did I find it? I was investigating through one of my friends computers and I saw this in the bookmarks. It seemed like the only normal website on his bookmark list...so I decided to click it. I looked through it, and joined because I had nothing else to do.[/color][/font]

Guest AnimeFire03
Well, I got here by going to google and looking for quizzes. First I became a member of the site, and then my friend (whom I told about the site) told me that I should become a part of the boards, so , I she helped me do so and... here I am. kinda confuzzling, isn't it.

[color=darkviolet]Slimey yet satisfying :D

Well, I really found it through a link on a now comatose message board called the Board of Troublemakers. I came in annoyed the crap out of people, made some friends, debated, made some long winded posts. Tried in vain to improve my post quality and will now gush about my daughter since my marriage is trashed. Unless I find someone... or damn....

Thank you and good night![/color]

[size=1]When did you get back, Tyo? Anyway, it's "Annalisse" and I'm not upset that you couldn't remember. It's a tough name for anyone to remember how to spell, and we went by our last names for 8 months, lol.

It's always fun to introduce people to the OB. It's a community I love sharing because everyone is nice and friendly (for the most part, heh).[/size]

Guest Black_ravenwing
I got bored searched into the web for anime board and found this :catgirl: g me ^__^

A very old online pal of mine named Desert Shadow (some of you may remember him... silly buckets!) showed it to me. This was when Otaku[b]Boards[/b] was first starting, so I've been here since Version One. Sadly, Desert Shadow isn't on here anymore, but I have spoken with him on Yahoo now and then. But yes, that is how Otaku[b]Boards[/b]' greatest super villain arrived >:^D

Well, well, well! My online chum (the (in) famous Dragon Warrior) always told me how he went to a wonderful, wonderful place called Otakuboards. Being the curious chap that I was, I checked out the place, registered, and never posted again. THAT WAS, until I decided to post here today. :3

Oh! Howdy, DW! Sup? :<

(He's starting to rub off on me, guys! :( )

[quote name='Dragon Warrior]A very old online pal of mine named Desert Shadow (some of you may remember him... silly buckets!) showed it to me. This was when Otaku[b]Boards[/b] was first starting, so I've been here since Version One. Sadly, Desert Shadow isn't on here anymore, but I have spoken with him on Yahoo now and then. But yes, that is how Otaku[b]Boards[/b']' greatest super villain arrived >:^D[/quote]

[SIZE=1]And so the mystery of how the uber-evil, yet devilishly "sexah" Black Mage of Otaku[B]Boards[/B] arrived is finally solved, though not so much solved as confessed. Without Gavin [DW] OtakuBoards would probably be a mirthless place, devoid of sexy tea-parties and other such highly entertaining events. Desert Shadow, you have our thanks. [/SIZE]

Yep, yep.I discovered OB via myOtaku, which I discovered in turn via Yahoo Profiles. I was bored out of my mind, so I figured I should do something to waste a few hours here and there, so here I am! The true master of darkness and, er, fire found his home when surfing the web out of absolute and total boredom.

I was looking up pictures and it brought me to myotaku. The only way I could get the pictures was by singing up. I had done some boards before and I wanted some friends to talk bout anime with. So I signed up for my otaku board and I'm having lots of fun, and makeing new friends. :D

i found ob through my friend stuart commonly known here as hack helba. I watched him playing around and at first i thought it was pretty dutch but then i decided to give it a shot. Now i'm on a quest to become unnubified, then i'm gonna kick back, relax and enter some graphic competions. I know you're gonna see this stuart so i hope you appreciate it, cracker.