OtakuBoards

How did you find OtakuBoards?

Darker Alucard

You see there's alot of ways to find a forum. A friend could have told you.You could have found a link in another forum / site. you could be searching for something and you saw the site. Well in what matters me I was at google search and I inputed "Hellsing+Rpg+Forums. And I bumped into "Of swords and Fallen Angels".

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[color=#6699cc]Four and a half years ago, I was surfing the web, looking for Digimon fanart. (^_~) I came across [font=century gothic]the[b]Otaku[/b].com[/font], which (at the time) housed the impressive artworks of Miss GinnyLyn, Digimon Guru Extraordinaire. I sent her some fanmail, we talked a bit, she suggested I join [font=century gothic]Otaku[b]Boards[/b].[/font] Eventually, I did.

We became good friends, and had some rockin' old times in the Digimon forum. It saddens me that most of the archives are gone. Ah, well. Everyone who remembers Ginny gets a handful of CCEBs. (Roxie, I'm looking at you.)[/color]

2 years ago I was at a friends birthday party and they showed me this board, so I joined. I left after about 3 months and returned in December. And [strike]they won't let me leave[/strike] I like it here.

Here is my old "Why did you come here?" thread:
[URL]http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=44845[/URL]

[color=blue][size=1]Like most, I stumbled onto the[b]Otaku[/b].com first. I believe it was summer time (sometime in July) and I was rather bored. So, I plopped down in my computer chair and attacked google with different requests. One site that I decided to visit also had anime quizzes, and I got hooked. So then I went [i]back[/i] to google *cough*afterfinishingeverypossiblequizthere*cough* (>_>) and typed in "anime quizzes".

The[b]Otaku[/b] wasn't the [i]first[/i] site on the list, but it was on the first page, and I clicked it. Eventually I saw the link to the Otaku[b]Boards[/b] and clicked (figuring there must be other quiz addicts like me there, lol). I registered and viola. I immediately became addicted to viewing and critiquing (though I was [i]waaay[/i] to nice a rater at the time) art in the Studio or whatever it was called back in version 6, and to RPing. I actually became pretty good at it. ^_~

I've fallen into a few "slumps", where I didn't go on the computer because I was totally uninterested. But I always found myself coming back. And I'll be a three year member sometime this July. ^_^ Ah.. I feel so proud of myself. x3[/size][/color]

I actually knew about this place before I had the internet. My friend, the long-gone Zidane11 introduced me to theOtaku.com at his house and then showed me the boards, they were actually the first message boards I had ever seen... keep in mind I didn't have the net. So I got the net and signed up as Cloud Strife00 then later changed my name to Axel--Ignition for my RPG character that I always used. After that, I kinda disappeared for two years.

Oh, and I remember GinnyLyn, I used to be a big Digimon poster, lol.

[CENTER][COLOR=DarkOliveGreen][SIZE=1]I found the Otaku.com a few months ago. I occasionally came on to check out the graphics, and when I realized there were forums, I joined in a heartbeat.

Oh, how did I find Otaku in general? I typed in 'Anime Fanart' on the google image search, and the original page the artwork was on was Otaku. :3[/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]

My friend Cody told me about theOtaku.com and checked it. For the longest time I didn't even know the board existed. I usually was in the chat room trying to pick fights with this one guy, can't remember his name. I was also checking out topaz's Dragonball Z art. Good times.

Well then they changed theOtaku around and the chat room went away so I left for awhile ocassionally checking back.

Finally I noticed, while looking for something to do, that there were forums. Otakuboards was still in it's previous version. I joined and tried making an rpg which totally failed. Boy, what a noob I was.

Arunue made the Realm of Reality and I was hooked.

To tell you the truth, it all started about one year and 11 months ago...

My cousin and I were searching for anime forums, after giving up on our old one since no one ever replied to it. I came across OtakuBoards, he came across AnimeForums. I started out in the RPG section and got addicted and ended up finishing some poor guys RPG when I hadn't even signed up for it! (He didn't care)

Of course at the time I hadn't read the rules and posted a bunch of crap. I was banned after I tried to ressurect a bunch of 6 month old threads.

I stayed away from OB for a while, but it's lure was to strong.

[size=4]I LOVE THIS PLACE![/size]

So now I'm here again.

I typed in "Peacemaker Kurogane" in Google to find people that actually watched the series.

I came across [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=35690][U]this[/U][/url] thread. It was then I was introduced to the first forum I've been to that restricted short posts, and where the moderators actually did something to boost intelligent conversation.

And it was good.

-ArV

I was looking for Dragon Ball screenshots and came across the[b]Otaku[/b]. I remember the words, "Bulma LOVES theOtaku.com!" being written in a very endearing way next to a little picture of Bulma.
Anyway, I took some of the quizzes, browsed through the forums, but never joined. Then, I got a myOtaku account fairly early on in the game and, a few months later, joined OB, because all the kids were doing it. D:

Since then, I have achieved such great feats as having set Shin on fire, like, seventeen times, poked fun at Azure's sexuality, like, seventeen thousand times, and dared our lovely administrator to buy a bra from a vending machine while she's in Japan. (She hasn't addressed this dare, yet, however, despite my having repeated it three times already. >_>)

i stumbled across theotaku.com way before the introduction of myotaku.com, but didn't join up, i kept an eye on theotaku for a considerable period of time, decided to join myotaku, and found the link to otakuboards, i thought it would be good to be a member of a board where intelligent discussion was expected throuought the whole forum, not just restricted to one board (the "intelligent discussion board" which i was the mod of untill i left the site).

so now i'm here, and intend to be here for many years to come.

One of my mates showed me theotaku.com back in 2001 and after a while I checked out the forums and decided to join. I lost the username and password of my original account and I didn't go on in a while (A while as In a year and a half) but when I remembered the site I res-signed up again, That new account is this one.

[SIZE=1][COLOR="#CC3366"][b]It feels like I'm one of the only people that came to OB first before TheOtaku. I use to post what seems like yesterday, but really was a long time ago, on [URL=www.animeonline.net]AnimeOnline.net[/URL]. It was my favorite and first forum, you could say I soon became addicted because it had journals, art, games, contest etc. everything to keep you entertained. I began to know everyone there, and even was close with one of the moderators, but then the site crashed because the owner couldn't afford it anymore.

That was a sad day. Then another forum with the old members popped up. And then that one died. And then AO went back, except it had an ugly layout, and the members that were posting were poor quality. Theres nothing I can't stand then reading "YAH LYKE FAMLY GUY WAS SO AWESUM LAST NIGHT? RITE? IT ROX!" so I decided to leave for awhile. It was the same on other forums until I looked under [COLOR=black]google[/COLOR] and found "Otakuboards" and thought what an ordinary name. But when I opened it up, it looked way more interesting and I began checking it out. I decided to sign under a new name of Pumpkin, just something that came to my mind. And I've been here ever since. I just hope the site doesn't vanish too.
[/SIZE][/COLOR][/b]

I've been a member of [URL=www.animex.com]animex[/URL] for over two years and I know a lot of the members there and have so cool friends on that board. However recently they had to get rid of the areas for off-topic posts and its become strictly a fan board. Which is fine but I wanted something that had a "Otaku Lounge" so to speak. I did a google search for some anime wallpaper and I found a site that had some cool wallpaper, but it also had a message board, which turned out to be otakuboards. I liked the layout and found that the rules prevented the possiblity of having to get rid of the off-topic areas by having stricter guidlines for posting. And thats that.

I actually found it by typing in "anime/video game website" and this site showed up, so I checked it out. After I registered, I found this to be my favorite website. I absolutely love this site and I think it's the most unique anime site on the web. 6-25-05 was my one-month anniversary, and I've already completed 103 posts, started 16 threads, and made great pals. This is definately the best anime-oriented site out there, and I'll be on it from now on or until it closes. I'll always be part of this community.

A friend of mine, Nagi Tomo, IS FREAKING AMAZING. lol, she told me about this sight. Well, when I first thought about it, to be honest, i was like, GEEK, whatever I ain't doin it. And, then I fell in love. Oh, OtakuBoards, you were my one true love. I am so sorry I was rough on you earlier on, but now, i hope you accept me although I have hurt you. I have changed :animecry: . PLEASE TAKE ME BACK OTAKU. lol, My first RPG was Nature and Necro, which is SUPPOSED to be still going, but i dont know. I have always had a natural talent for writing i guess. Normally it was poetry, but the RPG's here let me atleast express my CRAZY theatre side. From poetry, to everyday stuff, to the inner gaming geek, to stupid psycho me, the OB offers it all, and i thank it deeply. Oh OB, please forgive me wrong doings :heart:

How did I found this board? Well, it began many moons ago when, under the inclination of a wild idea to adopt an alias persona titled "Adam" and, shelling out copious funds, payed exceedingly high server charges and worked HTMagic and put together an anime-based site that would later spiral into history. *pokes fun at awkward grammar in title*

Eh. Friend showed me the main page of OtakuBoards.com and I decided to sign up when I got home. Been here for like four or so years now, and for some reason, the death threats haven't stopped yet. =( I wonder why?

[spoiler]Teehee.[/spoiler]

[font=tahoma]I actually found the OB through a 900 number. There was this one guy, and his sexy Australian accent lured me in.

While that would be hilarious if it were true, in honesty, I stumbled upon the OB. I was originally looking for anime pics, and was lead to theOtaku.com. From there, I got involved with MyOtaku.com, and saw the OB's link at the top of the page. So, by curiousity, I checked it out, and registered.

Boring, yeah..[spoiler]so you can imagine that the 900 number story was real. It's just that much pleasurable. ^_~[/spoiler][/font]

[SIZE=1]My story is kind of the same as Goddess'...without the sexy Australian ^_~

I joined theOtaku because I wanted somewhere to put my fanart; I think I'd actually searched for "anime fanart" and the site popped up. That was about a year and a half ago, so the site has gotten much better since then, obviously.

I joined the OB about two months after I joined TheO, because I was curious at seeing it in my backroom. I signed up and didn't post for ages and my first topic was locked because I asked a stupid question (even if it was in the questions forum). ^_^;;

Glad I joined the OB--it has brought many happy times with more to come, I'm sure.[/SIZE]

Just like the most of the people i was looking for anime pix, naruto pics to be exact! I only registered a few days ago at the forum as well as theOtaku but had my eye on the site for like a few months now. I usualy came to theOtaku to download wallpapers till i decided to try and make some myself! Which eventualy lead me here to this here fine "establishment" of interactive communication!!! :animesmil