OtakuBoards

What Are You?

Citrus

[SIZE=1]Well the weird last name thread kind of got me thinking. I know there must be an old thread about this somewhere but anyways.. I would like to know what race you are. I guess I should sart off with my self.

Most of you know that I am pure Japanese. Hence my name Hinata Hiroshima. Its kind of obvious where I got my last name from. But its kind of weird. My grandmother tells me the family changed it a long time ago after moving to Hiroshima.

She also ells be the real family name was Odubunga or something. I dont know how to spell it... Well go ahead share you heritage your oh so proud of![/SIZE]

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[COLOR=DarkRed]As far as I know, I'm Irish-Scottish-Dutch-Canadian, although my ancestry traces back to ancient Hungary and possibly even to Mongolia (I guess they came to Hungary during the Golden Horde era) But right now I'd just come off as your typical white Canadian with an oddly-stereotypical accent, nothing to special...

My history is sort of vague, but one of my grandfathers wen't looking on my fathers side of the family for interesting heritage. and one of my great relatives was a consort of Mary Queen of Socts. Ya, I know, seems kind of pitiful if the greatest achievment in your families history was some guy who banged Queen Mary. Meh, good enough for me.

Baillie is Scottish, as far as I know, and Kilpatrick is Irish, but my mom's family (Kilpatrick) came over to Ireland from Holland so that makes me more Dutch than Irish. [/COLOR]

I'm half-Mexican, part English, part Dutch and part German. The European mix comes from my mom's side of the family, and my dad's side of the family is just about all Mexican. I find it interesting to note that my dad and all of his siblings ended up in interracial marriages. There isn't much of that down here, but then again I live in a small, mostly traditional town. It was probably worse back when my dad and his brothers and sister actually married, though lol.

Caucasian. My dad's ancestory is Jewish as far back as i know. They all look like Italian gangsters though. Got moved to Poland then they split to the UK and Australia.
My mum's is Austrian and German origin by and large i think. They were all counts and stuff a few generations back
Im not sure of all the exact roots though to be honest.

5'8 Blue eyes, naturally immensely thick platinum blonde hair (its dyed in the above pic) with every other hair being black.

From what part of my family tree I can follow they were quite nomadic, which makes it quite hard to tell.

I am Japanese. I don't think I really need to put much more into that. I am about 5'2" tall, jet black hair, brown almond shaped eyes...you know, generic Japanese. Most of my family was born in Japan and moved here to the United States. I am one of the few members of my family born here in the States. I am married to an "All-American" boy. John's family has been in the States for ages and he is mostly of German heritage. Blonde hair, blue eyed all American boy.

I love that his background has more than one nationality. I think it's really cool. Mind you I am very proud to be Japanese (no, not azn pride kind of proud) but having more than one nationality/race/heritage that you are a part of it very interesting to me. Very cool indeed. :animesmil

Well my background eh? Well I am primarily Italian. 1/8 to be exact. I've got almost all of Europe in me I think. I havent been able to track it all though. I have some native american in me, cheeroke and black foot sue. And that is it I believe. Im a very mixed up girlie.

[SIZE=3][FONT=Georgia]The part of me that I'm most proud of is my Native American heritage. Way up in my family tree is Pocahontas. When we had to say something about our heritage in seventh grade, I was made fun of for the rest of the year when I said that because they thought I was lying. But what's funny is the fact that over a million people are related to her in some way, so many of the kids making fun of me could have very well been related to her as well.

I'm also extremely distant Hungarian royalty, by marriage. My great-great-great etc. grandmother (I think) married into the Hungarian royal family on my mother's side, so that means my sister and I are very, very distant duchesses. I find it to be a very cool thing. ^.^

What's awesome about the Native American thing is that it takes up the bigger part of my heritage, which lets me keep a very decent tan all year round! XD My friends hate me for it.[/FONT][/SIZE]

[CENTER][SIZE=1]I'm about... 80% Finnish. (Though I live in America.) The rest is made up of mostly French and Native American.

I'm 5'1", blonde, blue-eyed and super pale. Obnoxiosly pale.

Though I have so much Finnish blood in me, I've never been to Finnland! I really would like to learn Finnish, though. I'm taking it next year. (This year I've got Latin and Japanese, lol.)

This thread was a really cool idea! Gets us back to our roots ~_^[/SIZE][/CENTER]

[COLOR=DarkOrange]Haha, let's see if we can track this:

Mom's side: quarter British, quarter Black Irish. That means that most of the family had dark brown/almost black hair, as opposed to Red Irish, which are the folks with the stereotypical Irish hair. There's also Welsh in there somehow, but please don't ask me how. It's from my Mom's grandmother...

Dad's side: part German, part Pennsylvania Dutch, which is closer to German than Dutch.

The result? I am blue-eyed, blonde and as pale - as my sister likes to say - as a fish's belly, and I burn like nothing else.

[/COLOR]

[color=darkslateblue] 100% Korean. 5' 8", size 9 shoes...I am sort of different from a lot of the Asian girls that live in my area. :D Black hair, brown eyes (secretly wants to get colored eye contacts that are gray), blah blah blah.

Part of the standard second-generation immigrants...my parents moved here when they were 20-ish and I was born in the US. I've never been a fanatic of Korea or insanely proud of being Asian (I sort of despise Asian culture at times and some of the other asians at my school know me as the resident twinkie), but I don't have any intense dislike for being Asian, either. I dream of getting married to a white guy. >_>

I always think it'd be insanely cool to be multi-racial. One of my friend's hertiage is in[b]sane[/b], he is basically the perfect mixture of every nation excluding Asian countries. We believe it contributes to his very, very, very nice hair. ^_^[/color]

I like to tell people I'm a mix of Black and Blacker.

Really, I'm descended from African slaves imported to the Southern-most part of the United States (a long, fancy way of saying African-American), Native Americans from the South-East, and Creole Southerners.

Since I usually end of having to explain it anyway, let me just break down what a Creole is. When you find yourself somewhere in the South like, say, New Orleans, you're going to meet a Southerner who's part French. These people are usually either Creole or Cajun. The Cajuns are descended from French-Canadian settlers who migrated into the Louisiana Territory, while Creoles are descended from the French settlers who founded the Louisiana Territory. The term "Creole" sometimes also refers to Spanish settlers who lived in the same area, although I doubt I'm part Spanish.

I'm 5'8", which makes me one of the shortest people in my family, at least in my generation. My mother is under 5', so I came out as one of the shortest kids among my cousins. My height is all legs, so when I sit or lay down with my legs stretched out, people think I'm much taller than I really am.

My skintone is kind of two-toned, due to frequent sun exposure in some places, and constantly wearing clothing over others. While, say, my face and arms are a chocolate candy bar color, my legs and torso are a golden brown sugary color.

Everyone thinks my hair is black, but it's actually a very dark shade of brown. Like my mom, my hair has patches of uneven color (she sometimes dyes her hair all one color to fix it). The hair near my right temple has sort of a greyish hue to it (especially when it gets wet). It's really annoying.

[COLOR=Indigo][SIZE=1][FONT=Arial]I'm quarter Italian, quarter English and the rest is definitely of the breed '[i]human[/i]'. It's a pretty big mix of stuff, with some aboriginal (native Australian), Scottish, Irish, German and a heap of other stuff that's kind of irrelevant, heh. Oh well. lol

I have a stocky English build, with Italian colouring (tanned skin, thick blackish-brown hair, brown eyes, etc) and facial features that are a mix of so many different races it's difficult to track what came from where. My family's bloodline is like that of a mongrel dog, honestly. I could be related to Jesus, for all I know.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[color=#6699cc]My dad's side is [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volga_German]Volga German[/url], and the first paragraph of the wiki article I linked about sums them up.

My mom's side... Well, I know she's part Irish, but I can never remember the other bits.

But I'm American, pretty much. My relatives were all born in the states. I feel like I have closer ties to Michigan (the state I where I was born) than I do to Ireland or Germany, lol.[/color]

[QUOTE=sakurasuka][CENTER][SIZE=1]I'm about... 80% Finnish. (Though I live in America.) The rest is made up of mostly French and Native American.

I'm 5'1", blonde, blue-eyed and super pale. Obnoxiosly pale.

Though I have so much Finnish blood in me, I've never been to Finnland! I really would like to learn Finnish, though. I'm taking it next year. (This year I've got Latin and Japanese, lol.)

This thread was a really cool idea! Gets us back to our roots ~_^[/SIZE][/CENTER][/QUOTE]

Hey, another member with ties to Finland! There's now like... three of us! ;P Minako is the third, by the way.

However, I'm the only one here (to my knowledge) who is 100% Finnish. I'ts actually pretty odd to read how you Americans are half-this, quarter-that etc. Finland's a pretty inbred country, there's rather few immigrants in proportion to natives.

I've noticed that the most interesting looking people have often a mixture of origins. My female friend's ex-girlfriend, to her words, was drop-dead gorgeous, being half-Japanese, half-Scottish (!). My friend told that her hair was black except for two natural red streaks in the front. Too bad she was a b****... :/

My father is a spanish-scott and my mother is half scott half something else (actually she's not sure herself ^^: her father was adopted so I don't think he knows his bg). Really I just look like your everyday caucasian though. I have semi-pale skin and dark brown, wavy hair. My eyes are also a light blue :D Luckly I seem to have my dad's genes for the most part, which means that I'll have naturally colored hair even into my 70s :animesmil (my grandmother was almost 80 when she passed and barely had a grey hair on her head). I also have my dad's sun-tolerance (he grew up in Peru).. I can be out in the sun for HOURS and I'll barely tan. :animedepr

Guest yukigurl:p
my dads side is spanish/mexican and my moms side is american/german but i got my dark brown hair from my dad like i wanted but i didnt get my moms blue eyes but im not short like my dad

I love threads like this!

Let me start with my father's side. Now his grandmother was born in Anguilla, but her parents were Scandinavian. She married my great-grandfather who was black. They had my grandma, making me 1/8th scandinavian. I think my grandma moved from Anguilla to another island, St.Kitts and married my grandfather. They had 8 children together and they broke up. I think my half uncles (Most west indian men back then had a secret family :animedepr ) are half caucausian, but I don't know.

My mother is from Montserrat. Her side has east indian in it (one of my great-grandmothers or something). I think I'm 1/16th. Since her island was an Irish Isle in the Carribean, I'm assuming that I'm part Irish too. Also, I think I might have some Chinese in me too but, I'm not sure.

I look black, with my brown skin (It's very mis-coloured though!) and kinky hair. But, with my family, my siblings and I have off brown hair. I have these foxy red-brown streaks (you can see the streaks in the sun) and one of my sisters has a head full of this weird brown hair that looks like she dyed it. Our eyes are the generic brown, but mine are lighter than their's.

I think that's all, but then again you never know with my family!

[QUOTE]
However, I'm the only one here (to my knowledge) who is 100% Finnish. I'ts actually pretty odd to read how you Americans are half-this, quarter-that etc. Finland's a pretty inbred country, there's rather few immigrants in proportion to natives.[/QUOTE]
[COLOR=DarkRed]
It's not all that odd when you think about it. When people first came over to the new world, it was like this new and exciting new frontier that people from all over the world wanted to travel to, kind of like it's everyone's dream to go into Space or somthing like that. When you've got thousands of people coming over seas, all from different races and countries and the like, the tend to get intertwined, and the Native's threw a whole new wrench into the monkey... Or monkey wrench into the engine... You get the point.

Finland is, genetically speaking, very similar to it's neighbors, so even cross-country breeding sprees only make people Scandenavian, instead of 50% Finnish and 50% Swedeish or somthing to that effect.

By the by, I take offense to being called 'You Americans' >.>[/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Ilium][COLOR=DarkRed]
By the by, I take offense to being called 'You Americans' >.>[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Oh geez... Do you really think I meant it like that? :P You are [I]Canadian[/I], I get it!

Don't you realize that I simply can't write "you Americans/Canadians/Mexicans/Brits etc." to every post of mine? I wrote it because I targeted my post [I]mainly[/I] to American people who I very well know live in the "oven of nations" (or something like that).

I don't find it odd, really, I said it's odd to read about it, as I'm not so used to it in this part of the world. ;) There's nothing amazing about it, though, since I'm very aware that people from different races can breed with each other. ;P

Stop taking everything so literally and personally, Illie! ;D

[SIZE=1]Interesting, most interesting.

Well compared to few other people here I'm very mundane at being pure-bred Irish, though as there are reputedly over 150 million people with Irish blood across the globe being pure-bred isn't very mundane after all. An uncle of mine traced my family lineage back over something like seven hundred years, and it revealed that my family is from what are called Old Irish, which refers to those families which are descended from the original Celts who settled Ireland. I'm proud of my heritage and proud of my race seeing as how the Irish have always triumphed over adversity wherever they've met it.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Ozymandius Jones][COLOR=DarkOrange']Mom's side: quarter British, quarter Black Irish. That means that most of the family had dark brown/almost black hair, as opposed to Red Irish, which are the folks with the stereotypical Irish hair. [/COLOR][/quote]

[SIZE=1]Black Irish and Red Irish seem to be terms used only in America as I've never heard to used in Ireland to describe anyone, I did a bit of searching on Wiki and got the meaning of Black Irish, which again befuddles me as I've never heard of anyone back before three or four generations ago with Iberian features. Another thing is Red Irish is actually misleading as most people have light, dark or normal brown hair in Ireland as opposed to the famous red hair which is rather uncommon among most people and probably has to do with those descended from Scandinavian stock. Most Irish people refer to themselves by what county or province their from, though this has a bit to do with [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GAA][B]GAA[/B][/url] rivalries, I myself would refer to myself as a Tipp [Tipperary] or Munster man. [/SIZE]

[quote name='http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Irish][SIZE=1']The term "Black Irish" is sometimes used to refer to Irish people possessing dark skin and hair, purportedly due to Iberian ancestry. Numerous popular theories have been devised to explain the provenance and historical background of the Black Irish. Some scholars claim that no distinct population group of Black Irish actually exists, or has ever existed, and that the myth of the Black Irish was coined in America to explain the existence of Irish people whose appearance did not conform to stereotypical images of what Irish people look like.[/SIZE][/quote]

Guest mossymama
A mix of Scottish/Irish/German and yes, my family can hold their liqour very well. I'm short, have green eyes, brown hair and grumpy.