OtakuBoards

What Are You?

Citrus

[QUOTE=Manic Webb]
Since I usually end of having to explain it anyway, let me just break down what a Creole is. When you find yourself somewhere in the South like, say, New Orleans, you're going to meet a Southerner who's part French. These people are usually either Creole or Cajun. The Cajuns are descended from French-Canadian settlers who migrated into the Louisiana Territory, while Creoles are descended from the French settlers who founded the Louisiana Territory. The term "Creole" sometimes also refers to Spanish settlers who lived in the same area, although I doubt I'm part Spanish.[/QUOTE]

Hey well since we have a creole in the house, might as well have a cajun!! :D

My father's side of the family is pretty much what you described as cajun above, though most them look like their of mexican origin, because their skin is so dark

My mother's side is more complicated. My grandpa is also cajun, but my grandma has a whole mix of races. German, native american, french, scottish, sweedish to name a few.

I am 5'7, tallest in my immediate family. I have an immense head of dark blonde wavey hair, which runs in the family on my mom's side, with hazel eyes. My skin more olive than my mom or my siste, who have extremely WHITE skin. This is probably do to my cajun heritage. :D

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah let's see...I'm mixed up too heh.

On my Dad's side I am German, East Germany technically, and Irish. On my Mom's side I'm Native American (oh I wish I could tell you what tribe, it's around the Great Lakes area) and Jewish. I like all parts of my blood really, I like to learn about them too. So I'm not as mixed up...their parents were all pure in their own respects. I suppose there's nothing too rare or uncommon in my blood but I still love it anyway. All those sides have such interesting history.

Oh and yes, I'm white as a ghost with green/brown eyes and dark brown hair ^^;; Although it does have red in it. I try to tan up some but I burn (pouts)

[color=#9933ff]Hey, Beta. This was a good idea! ^_^;

My mom's side of the family is French (yuck), Dutch, Irish, and German. I'm 25% German, but I don't pay too much attention to it, because I don't look it, and neither does my mom. I am proud of being German, though. Yay! I'm 12.5% Irish. My mom is your stereotypical Irish - red hair, & freckles. (Red Irish, I guess, Gavin. ^_~) She's Roman Catholic (so am I), went to Catholic School, has lots of brothers and sisters, and grew up VERY Irish. She tells some obnoxious stories about it - like the one about how at a funeral, as an Irish, you're supposed to pass around a bottle of whiskey and take a sip from it. If you were old enough to have holy communion, you took a sip. I don't think this is traditional Irish at all, but something her family/the area she was in made up. However, we all know the Irish love to drink whiskey (the stereotype, of course), so there you have it.

Her mom is also French, so that makes like like... 7% french. And I'm like... 5.5% Dutch then, or something like that.

My mom is related to the Rockefellers. She's Nelson's 4th cousin, so that makes him my 5th cousin then. It's not clear at all HOW (like which cousins) I'm related to him, so God only knows. I do know I'm related though, because she told me another story about how when she was younger, Nelson was on a campaign trail, and he stopped in my mom's town one night to take them all out for dinner. ^^;

My dad lives in Thailand, but his father and mother are both Chinese. So he's "Thai" in the way that I am "American." I guess that makes me "psuedo Thai", then? I know I'm 50% Chinese, though.

My Grandpa has an interesting story. His Chinese name, with the last name first, is Shen King Wah. When he applied for Thai citizenship, they gave him a Thai name (you need one). His parents owned a ferry shuttle, and interestingly enough, he is sort of a success story, somewhat akin to the "American Dream" - his self started company with two other friends, is worth millions and millions and millions. Really.

He was assigned as an accountant in Bangkok for the Bank of Canton in 1941. In 1949, with communists taking over China, Kitja, a favorite of his boss because of his skills, hardwork, and dedication, recieved a secret telegram from his boss. It urged him to stay in Thailand for his safety. His boss was eventually executed for giving him this information, leaving two young sons behind. Kitja later assumed responsibility of seeing to their well-being and education, and also returned to Shanghai in 1981 to visit his boss' sons.

He made his fortune in Thailand with a textiles company, and then went on to found four other different companies. :D Bussy man, I guess.

So, to make a long story short, I'm 25% German, 12.5% Irish, about 7% French, 5.5% Dutch, 50% Chinese, and 50% "psuedo Thai." XD[/color] Edited by Roxie Faye

Hrm, I'm just 100% Italian. We have a lot of unpronounceable foods, or things that are pronounced strangely.

My mom recently asked me to ask my ex is he wants some "supersod". What? Grass? No no, it's a meat sort of like pepperoni. OHHH! Soprasotta. I see I see.

And whats with the MUZZADELL! Thing? It's Mozzarella! Crazy Italians, lol.

Well I look Italian too. I am 5'2", big nose, brown hair and eyes, oily skin, and I swear when I sweat I smell meatballs. EW!

And I always always smell like I've been fried after my mom's been cooking. She uses CANS of olive oil.

[font=trebuchet ms]I am eighty percent Irish, five percent Italian, and the rest is a mixture of Greek, German, Indian, Asian... a whole bunch of stuff.

My mom's side goes back to a servant of Napoleon. My dad's side seems to be a group of people who were like tennant farmers who married into a wealthy real estate-based family.

That's about all I know about my ancestors.[/font]

[COLOR=#F84E20][SIZE=1]Jeez, I'm pretty unsure as to what I am, but as far as I know (In my immediate relatives) I'm mostly English. My Grandmother is Scottish, so I've got that in me, too, but my Grandfather was English so the Scottish blood in me has been...watered down, if you will.

From my surname I'm assuming I have some French in me, though I'm not entirely sure. My dad likes to think we go back to ancient roman times but I'm not sure I believe him. ^_^;

Pretty boring heritage for me, there, but I've lived in quite a few places, if it counts for anything.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

I'm Korean on my mother's side and Polish (with some other random European stuff thrown in there) on my dad's. I don't look especially Asian as far as most people are concerned, but I did inherit the nice dark hair--which is extremely easy to manage, even when long, so I guess I should be grateful for that.

~Dagger~

I am well too many things. My mom is Japanese/Brit/Chinese/Saudi Arabian. My dad is Spanish/Ecuadorian/Huarani(south american indian). I have way too many names including Namiko Momiji and Sunserei(which I hate) My other names are spanish.

I'm a quarter Irish and a quarter Scottish and then the remaining half is Mexican. Though, since my mom was so light skinned, people wouldn't know I was Mexican unless I told them. XD My names are pretty normal, Lindsay being English and Donovan being Irish.

As spammish as my reply is going to sound in this context, I have to answer this question the same way I always do (especially on any form of application).

I'm a human being.

As strange as it sounds, a lot of people forget the humanity we all share beneath whatever ethnic or religious differences that seperate us. I don't mean to sound preachy and there's nothing wrong with sharing ethnic differences with one another (it's how we experience the flavors of the world and combat ignorance). But, my point is that a lot of people are so ethnocentric that they begin to identify themselves as whatever ethnicity they belong to. It's probably why I love this quote from Shakespeare's [i]The Merchant of Venice[/i].

[quote]I am a Jew. Hath not a Jew eyes? Hath not a Jew hands, organs, dimensions, senses, affections, passions; fed with the same food, hurt with the same weapons, subject to the same diseases, healed by the same means, warmed and cooled by the same winter and summer as a Christian is? If you prick us do we not bleed? If you tickle us do we not laugh? If you poison us do we not die? And if you wrong us shall we not revenge? If we are like you in the rest, we will resemble you in that. If a Jew wrong a Christian, what is his humility? Revenge. If a Christian wrong a Jew, what should his sufferance be by Christian example? Why, revenge. The villainy you teach me I will execute, and it shall go hard but I will better the instruction.[/quote]

[FONT=Palatino Linotype][quote name='SilentSecurity']I'm pure native american. David isn't a real native american sounding name is it.[/quote] Well, neither is Rhiannon...I've actually traced the name back to a Celtic Goddess, and my mom got the name from that Fleetwood Mac song. My mom was obsessed with Stevie Nicks before she had me. :animesigh

I myself am mostly Native American, Seneca and...well, if I were to count my father, Cayuga and proudly in the Turtle clan. I don't look it though, most of my friends would have thought I was Caucasian if I hadn't told them. Wavy brown hair and somewhat lighter skin...hmm. I blame that on my highlights and the clothes I wear.

*Confesses that she wears baggy clothes almost all year round, which doesn't help the skin...*[/FONT]

Guest toboeFan
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Mom's Side: mmmm....[/FONT] :animeswea

[FONT=Courier New]Dad's side: a quarter from Trinidad and Tobago...a quarter from Siria...and the rest from Venezuela [/FONT] :animesigh

[FONT=Tahoma]The result...a green eyes/brown hair/pale as a dead body girl.....hehehe![/FONT] :animesigh

100% pure Finnish to the bone. I was even born in Finland. :animesmil I MAY be 1/16th Swedish or Russian. There's a family conspiracy where my great-great-etc. grandmother had a child but never told anyone who the father was. Mind you, this was in the 1800's and a child's father was very important. The father could have been a Swedish farmer's son, or a Russian soldier. BUT on the whole, I'm 100% Finnish and proud of it. (Though now I'm Finnish-American... :animeangr )

*squee!* Sakurasuka's 80% Finnish! Now there are [B]3[/B] finns on OB. I am very happy.

[QUOTE]As spammish as my reply is going to sound in this context, I have to answer this question the same way I always do (especially on any form of application).

I'm a human being.[/QUOTE] That's what I put on all my state required fill-in-the-bubble stuff. Then they got sneaky and erased the 'other' bubble. :animeswea

But anyway, I'm three quarters Italian, and one quarter German...My mother was half and hlaf while my fther ws 100% Italian. My last name (like my mother's madin name) has two different pronunciations, one for a boy, and another for a girl. Either I get the boy one, or something else entirely 'cuz none of teachers or anything can pronounce my name. I get called down to an office, and its "Booz-o-lee-nee" not "Buzz-a-lon-ee" :animesigh Classmates get a nice laugh though when they stumble over it.

I have touble tracing my family back due to Elis Island, but somebody's from sicily. On my mother's side, the family helped a neighbor sneak their child out of Germany during the Holocaust. A good ending to that story. Met up later in America. *nods* Then I can trace back to the Italian-uh, you get where that was going...

[COLOR=FireBrick][SIZE=1]81.25% Filipino + 18.75% Spanish = ME.

My father's pure Filipino and Mum's a bit over a quarter Spanish. Oddly enough, I'm the only one with tropical-island-girl looks among the brood. My skin doesn't burn, it immediately [i]tans[/i] ("darken" actually, since I'm copper-skinned already). It's pretty neat 'cause I get to stay under the sun longer without feeling anything.

Gotta hand it to my genes.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Guest SakuraKitty45
I'm a mix of African, Sioux, Cherokee, and Irish. It's cool because my hair can sometimes turn different colors depending on how the sun is hitting it. Black, brown, orange... It's neat! I also have a Puerto Rican cousin. But she's my second cousin so I'm not Puerto Rican. Maybe I could be if I trace my family history long enough. ^_^

what i am isn't really cool, but at any rate i'm 100% native american. to narrow down the search i'm a navajo, and just to see if i'm related any other natives my clan is the Meadow people born for the Charcoal-Streaked, my maternal grandparent's is the Tangle clan, and my paternal grandparent's is the Red House clan. So does any of these clans seem familiar with you?

[size=1][color=gray]Dad's side is pure Dutch. Mother's side is pretty much dutch and like an iny tiny bit of french. (like 1/18 now I think)

My great-great-great-great-grandfather (mother's side) is King Charlemagne >_>"
My great-great-great-grandfather (father's side) was a bodyguard of King William II of the Netherlands, in Waterloo. He probably didn't do his job right because William got wounded anyway. This was of course on purpose because now there's this huge hill in Waterloo with a Dutch lion on it. Rawk on.

I'm almost pure Dutch, so I'm about atleast 1,8 meters (don't know exactly, but it was this last time I checked). My shoes are [b]US[/b] size 12 (European size 46)... Won't say anymore sizes.

To be more precise: I'm not just from anywhere of the Netherlands, I'm from Holland (the west and most famous part).

[b]Conclusion:[/b] This is why I rock.
[b]Edit:[/b] [i]And[/i] am a crazy Dutchman.[/size][/color]

[SIZE=1]I'm about 75% African American and 25% Scottish. My father is 100% African American, while my mother is 50% African American, 50% Scottish (white, whatever).

While it's tough to trace my African American routes past the Middle Passage, it's a highly educated guess my family (mother's side) is from Madagascar. I can't exactly recall where my father said his side was from.

Yep, my mom is mixed because my grandmother's parents told her "not to marry that ******," but she did anyway, and had my mother and uncle. I'm glad she did - living pwnz.[/SIZE]