OtakuBoards

Past Lives.

Break

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Anti [/i]
[B]

No one here is threating your religon....I could say a lot of things about christantity.....but I won't...because I don't want to start a relgious war(although those can be interesting)....If you don't like the idea so much why don't you just not post in the thread...Let those of us believe what we want and talk about it...we don't need someone here always trying to disprove something just because it dosn't go along with their beliefs....if you don't believe something then just say so and don't try and disprove the rest of us...That is unnessecary...and you can't...so if you don't like this topic...then just ignore it and go spend your time else where... I am not trying to sound offensive but I can't stand it when someone comes in a discusion like this and try's to disprove everyone else....I am sorry for anyone I have bothered...and for going off topic...but I really needed to say that... [/B][/QUOTE]

However, he has every right and freedom to say what he wants, when he wants. He is not trying to start a conflict, he is stating his opinion, which he has every place to, being a member of these boards. If you wish to have the freedom to post your beliefs/thoughts, then give him the courtesy of expressing his.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Anna [/i]
[B]

However, he has every right and freedom to say what he wants, when he wants. He is not trying to start a conflict, he is stating his opinion, which he has every place to, being a member of these boards. If you wish to have the freedom to post your beliefs/thoughts, then give him the courtesy of expressing his. [/B][/QUOTE]

I understand this....completely...just...it gets annoying always hearing about how "this or that is wrong".....just because of a book written by HUMANS!!!....*hairs prick on the back of his neck*....but that is not what this thread is about....anyway....

Past lifes.....I think I have lived a past life....I think I have been a human many times and god/dess only knows what else...I may have been a monkey...didn't have the insane fasinations that piro had...but I might have been....

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Lady Macaiodh [/i]
[B]if reincarnation is true, it doesn't necessarily mean that we'll come back as human beings, or even 3rd dimensional creatures, for that matter. [/B][/QUOTE][FONT=century gothic]That is by far the most...interesting....point I have everheard about reincarnation....[/FONT]

Sometimes I'm a pragmatist, sometimes a realist.
Here I'll be a realist.
I believe that there is only one life.
This one.
I believe that you should try to experience as many things as you possibly, humanly could, in this lifetime, for there won't be a second chance.
That's why I got on the Boards.
I doubt I'll ever meet thousands of people in real life, and the Boards lets me talk over the Net on these Boards.
I'm discovering what all of you are like.
For I doubt there'll be a second chance.
For death is final.
And I'm not trying to put a damper on, but I don't think there is anything after death, only darkness.
And I'm not being depressing, just real
As I'm usually a pragmatist, and hopeful:toothy: :D :toothy: :D :p

you can believe in christianity, & believe in reincarntion, too, technically. this one guru i met theorized that "heaven" is located in the 4th or above dimension & that jesus & other divine incarnate beings are actually visitors from higher dimensions who sacrificed their god-like state in order to bring a greater knowledge of life, etc. to human beings. as far as i know, the bible has nothing that can disprove it.

vegitto, darling, do you really believe what you say, or are you afraid to believe otherwise? i'm not trying to piss you off in any way, but i had that problem for a long time.

[B]you can believe in christianity, & believe in reincarntion, too, technically. this one guru i met theorized that "heaven" is located in the 4th or above dimension & that jesus & other divine incarnate beings are actually visitors from higher dimensions who sacrificed their god-like state in order to bring a greater knowledge of life, etc. to human beings. as far as i know, the bible has nothing that can disprove it. [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]That is totally new to me. . Wow . . very interesting point of view or belief there . .

As for the whole perfecting one's self. . If that is the case, and reincarnation does exist. . I think I am taking a huge step back in this life ^_^ While I don't really know WHAT I was in past lives, I can say that this one is probably one of my more pathetic lives. . I think the only thing I have going for me is. . . wait. . I don't have ANYTHING going for me *boggle* . . wierd. . ~
[/SIZE][/COLOR]

I'm Catholic, so I don't believed in reincarnation. I'm Asian, I heard people talk about reincarnation a lot. One of the story I heard from my dad about reincarnation in India. I think reincarnation do exist, but I don't believed in it.

Hmmm.....reincarnation.....thats a tricky one. For most of my life I would have to say no, I didn't believe in it. However once when I was meditating I had an experience that has since changed my mind. Oh grr, this is really hard to explain so please don't laugh if it sounds really stupid in words. I had kind of a vision/impression of dancing near a huge fire by a lake at night, I was holding hands with someone and there were voices and music in the background. It seemed so real I could almost feel the wind in my hair and smell the smoke. You probably all think I'm weired now........well at least you're not disappointed then:D This hasn't proved anything outright to me, I don't think anyone will really know. But I like to think we get the chance to improve ourselves and make up for past mistakes..........otherwise whats the point?

I would love to believe in reincarnation.
Life, after life, after life.
All of the experiences you could possibly have, everything you could do, it's like being eternally recycled (that doesn't sound that good but I can't think of anything else).
But I don't believe in religion, for I'm an atheist, for I may be acting blind by not believing, but science provides a lot of sense and evidence for what happens in the world, and the universe. It's more difficult to believe now than it used to be

You're not blind d dark. Blindness is blindly (<==that word [I]again[/I] :wigout:) following a religion - or any way of life - without any reason or thought behind the choice. You have chosen to believe in what your senses and logical mind show you, that is your decision but it is an informed one and I know how hard it is to believe. I went through a really morbid phase in my life when I was scared to go to sleep in case I didn't wake up - I was terrified of death and going to the big black, constantly imagining what not existing anymore would be like. I've since found out it can't be done - of course - but even thinking of it like that was enough to terrify me. I guess I believe in some sort of after life now......it's kind of comforting, but all we can really do is wait and see........

So Christians just basically believe that you die and go to heaven and stay there for the rest of eternity???
oh well... that's them... my mom has always believed in reincarnation and and past lives.. so i have read most of her books on it and it makes alot of sense more then just dying and going to heaven and believe this pisses alot of people and one of my really good friends told me that i am going to hell because of what i believe.. and remind to never argue with her about religion even though i always win it isn't worth it but this isn't about religion...

past lives.... my mom says that i was a pirate and i was drowned so thats why ia m scared to death of water now...
my mom also went to past life therapy.. I can't remember the exact name and she was like a Lady way back in like the 1400's or something

ok this is pointless but i always freaked me out... when my lil brother was about 5 he was stanfing at his window at about 3 in the morning and my mom and I were awake for some reasona nd we saw him standing there and he turned to us and said " they talk to me Mommy"..... and no one knows why....

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ~Videl~ [/i]
[B]You're not blind d dark. Blindness is blindly (<==that word [I]again[/I] :wigout:) following a religion - or any way of life - without any reason or thought behind the choice. You have chosen to believe in what your senses and logical mind show you, that is your decision but it is an informed one and I know how hard it is to believe. I went through a really morbid phase in my life when I was scared to go to sleep in case I didn't wake up - I was terrified of death and going to the big black, constantly imagining what not existing anymore would be like. I've since found out it can't be done - of course - but even thinking of it like that was enough to terrify me. I guess I believe in some sort of after life now......it's kind of comforting, but all we can really do is wait and see........ [/B][/QUOTE]

Exactly. The idea is real comforting. I went through the same stage too. I got really worried about, and told my sister "I don't wanna die" and got really emotional. But I got over that real quickly, for it might sound like I'm giving up, but we all die one day. So that's when I started to live life to the full, for I knew I wouldn't get a second chance. There's no need to be afraid of it. When your time comes, it comes, and it makes you re-evaluate how you act. I started being kinder, calmer, helpful, etc. It just makes you feel better about yourself. I thought of death as a sleep you never wake from, and wondered if it just ends. Something else must happen, but not necceserily reincarnation. Maybe somehow your life is replayed over and over again. I do sort of believe in souls, but...I don't know. I'm still figuring stuff out.
Anyway, we're still young, so don't worry yourself. Chill. Wait till you're 50 to worry about that, you've got your whole life ahead of you.
Although this topic has made me think again, and made me really think...

[B]you can believe in christianity, & believe in reincarntion, too, technically. this one guru i met theorized that "heaven" is located in the 4th or above dimension & that jesus & other divine incarnate beings are actually visitors from higher dimensions who sacrificed their god-like state in order to bring a greater knowledge of life, etc. to human beings. as far as i know, the bible has nothing that can disprove it.

vegitto, darling, do you really believe what you say, or are you afraid to believe otherwise? i'm not trying to piss you off in any way, but i had that problem for a long time. [/B][/QUOTE]

o trust me, I believe what I say. The bible says that you can only live once, and thats that. when i die, i am not going to come back, i didn't live before. The Facinations thet all you ppl are talking about are just that, facinations, not things that you did in past lives.

and d.dark, trust me, there is a ton of things that science proved that prove christianity is real. I know you might not just be an athiest against christianity, but that is the definition of an athiest, they are trying to disprove The fact that God does not exist, and that is impossible

My mom and I are guessing I was either a whale/dolphin or I was a college professor. Yeah, I realize that they couldn't be anymore opposite but... here are the reasons...

I've been drawing whales and dolphins since I was 2 (most children dont learn how to hold a pencil or crayon etc. until they r 3-4) and b/c I love to swim more than anything in the world. Plus I am super fast in the water. I have yet to lose a swimming race against my friends. Lesse, oh yeah, I squeak a lot and I'm really graceful in the water.

We also think I ws a college professor b/c I always use really big words... and my mom has said that I've used big words that she can't figure out how I learned. Like, the last one was marginal.. My mom told me I once used the word Marginal perfectly in a sentecne... ready or the catch? I have no idea what marginal means. Me and my friend Leah use big words all the time...

Melancholy, Hipocrite, Adulterated... half the time our friends have to ask what what we said. We use words your average teen does not use

Oh, and this is a silly topic, I believe humans live once as a human. But the spirit never dies.

the spirit never dies, but it never gets put into something else. I have always used big words, and my sister is a fast swimmer, and always has been, and has been drawing everything and everything, snce i can't remember. but that dosen't mean she was reincarnated into a human from a sea creature.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Vegitto4 [/i]
[B]grrrrrrrrr. Reincarnation is bs gohan. You only live once. not multiple times until you pay off your debts [/B][/QUOTE]
Though banks will have you believe the opposite.
Seriously, I dont know if i believe in reincarnation. I believe that we must have a spirit cos if were just a bunch of chemicals that just learned to kill other bunches of chemicals, and create more bunches of chemicals by 'interacting' with the other kinds of bunches of chemicals then my life looks pretty dull.

I'm not really Christian or Athetic (sp?). But I do believe in reincarnation. I think that not everyone is reincarnated after they die, only those who has depts to pay or has not fufiled their destinies are reincarnated. Sometimes I think I was reincarnated from another world, but I'm not quite sure because all my memories are quite messed up. I don't know why I believe in these things but they just popped out of my head.

Ever since my parents split up I began to question science. And one day I just suddenly began to see science and religion as two parallel lines. They bend and erode eachother until they become one. And that one line is what I believe in...

I must seem really weird now. :blush: But it's what I believe in and well... you can think what you want. I don't care.

Oh yeah I almost forgot. Ever since I first learned the word "glasses" (in my first language which is Chinese) I knew that when I got older I was going to wear them someday. And guess what? I was right! I'm wearing glasses right now!

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by sleepy [/i]
[B]I don't believe in reincarnation. If people reincarnate, then the world would have the same amount of population. The population keep increasing each day. [/B][/QUOTE]

Hmmm. Either youre right or maybe spirits have learned the art of multiplication. Or maybe some people dont have spirits. But Ill go with your idea cos it sounds better and generally more believable.