OtakuBoards

Tears

mornigndew

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[color=crimson][size=1]I think that crying is a good way of unloading emotional baggage.

I mean, think about it.

If you're really sad...or terribly hurt...and you just hold it in, it kind of follows you around...and you can't get rid of it.

But if you cry, don't you feel like a weight has been lifted?

I'm kind of weird in that sense. I mean, I never cry with physical pain...I tend to just freeze...or shiver. lol. I often shiver if I've been physically hurt very badly.

And if I ever cry, I don't seem to really [b]bawl[/b] lol. I mean, I never make any noise...I just get tears.

The only times I remember crying recently was when I went to a friend's funeral a few years ago...he was standing on the sidewalk, and a drunk driver mounted the sidewalk and ran into him.

He died in his father's arms too...it was really sad. :(

And the second time was when I was watching the WTC towers incident on TV. I saw it live...and when the towers came down, I definitely felt tears rolling down my cheeks.

So yeah, I mostly cry when it comes to emotional things like that.

But I don't think that there would have been anyone who saw the WTC attack live on TV without feeling the same way...[/color][/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Ice Dragon v2 [/i]
[B]To a man: I think it's a sign of strength.
[/B][/QUOTE]

Yeah, like a player in the Socceroos team..........when they lost, he just burst into tears.........and after he said that the Socceroos will come back better than ever. i nearly cried too.

crying is not a sign of weakness. . its a sign of extreme emotion, willpower and most of all self esteem.
If you cry, you are showing that you don't care what others think of you or your emotions. Every tear you shed is a drop of strength and a drop of power reaching out to others to show your innermost soul and feelings.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James [/i]
[B][color=crimson][size=1]I think that crying is a good way of unloading emotional baggage.

I mean, think about it.

If you're really sad...or terribly hurt...and you just hold it in, it kind of follows you around...and you can't get rid of it.

But if you cry, don't you feel like a weight has been lifted?
[/color][/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

this is exactly why i wish i could. sometimes i feel so heavy, i can't even walk, & that is not a joke.

& morningdew, i don't understand the question. how would they do that?

[color=purple][size=1] To me tears could be weakness and strength. I rarely cry, even in a terrible situation, I don't even cry. When my aunt call us that my grandpa died, my family cried, but I don't. I don't know why. When I see people died, I still don't cry. The only time I cried is when my brother beat me up badly, I cried and became stronger and beat him back again.
I hate see people crying [/color][/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by coolkam007 [/i]
[B]i dont know why.. but i never really felt anything during the whole WTC ordeal.. i dont know.. i just.. didn't feel it.. :/ .. i made the connection that people died..

i try to avoid the whole topic.. i dont want people to think i'm a heartless jerk.. [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=crimson][size=1]It's okay not to cry. Sometimes people feel emotion in different ways.

I was surprised myself. When I saw the second plane hit the building live on TV...I didn't feel teary, I just felt very anxious. My heart was beating very fast.

But when the towers came down...I felt really emotional.

I kept thinking about the terror that those people must have felt...the things that must have been running through their minds.

And seeing the middle of NYC being a battlezone...it was just so alien, like something you'd see on a movie. It was so unbelievable.

And I think also...the emotion came from the fact that I couldn't believe anyone would be so cruel or heartless as to fly planes into those buildings...

I couldn't even comprehend what was going on at the time. And afterwards, I definitely felt different. I felt like small things don't matter...and I felt closer to my American friends.

But anyway, I don't want this to become a "WTC thread".

I was just trying to put into words how I felt. I'm sure many of you felt the same way.[/color][/size]

I normally do not cry when I get hurt....The only time I ever cried from getting hurt recently is when I broke my 5th metatorsul in my foot (the little bone that sticks out of your foot). I also have never cried for a loss of my own, such as my great great grandma, or my grandpa, the only time I ever cried for my own loss, was when my real dad sent a letter with his lawyers signature saying that I wasn't his real child and he wanted to get a blood test, and if I wasn't we would have to pay him 1000 dollars........But I cry for someone else's loss....An example would be, my best friends cousin's cousin just died in Isreal...She cried.....That night I couldn't help it...I just cried....I also cry at certain movies...such as Gladiator...It was a mix of joy and sadness...(I get really caught up in movies) I also occasionally cry when I am extremely angry....but most of the time I get angry is in the winter (who knows why) but I get the chance to take my anger out on the football field, so I don't cry often from anger...I also wasn't affected with the whole NYC tragedy....everyone around me cried...except me...I never understood that...

Crying is not a sign of weakness at all...If a man or woman can show emotion with no fear, is strength. Alot of kids I know (ecspecailly guys, because of the steroptype that girls are more emotional than men, and that men have to be tough, and never cry...) are afraid to cry. For some reason my schools sees crying as a weakness....I see it as strenght.......Unless of course if you cry for a stupid reason such as say..someone poking you with a pencil...

As I have above...I think it is perfectly normal for anyone to cry...its natural...Holding it in....just makes it worse...

Bah...There I go rambling on again..

[size=1][color=royalblue]Well, I am a guy and hope everyone knows that by now. I cry sometimes. Not on pain, more of the emotional feelings I go through in my life. I don't care how strong,big, or buff you are, everyone cries in their life and if they say the don't, then they're just making that crap up. Pain - well, the last time I actually cried about pain was when I hyper extended my knee like two years ago. That hurt extremely bad! I am more a emotional and sensative person to "things" that happen in my unusual life.

But oh well, it's my birthday and I'll cry if I want to, cry if I want to..... ahh... :o :eek: - No really, it's my birthday!

- MG[/size][/color]

Tears affect judgement...?....maybe....all emotions effect our judgement....good or bad...can't really say...although a lot of our emotions make us all act rash...

and MG....I to am a guy...and I simply don't cry anymore...it takes a lot to make me cry...I don't make this up....It's not because I am being stereotypical....it is just because I don't have time for tears...and a lot of things don't make me feel anything when they effect others...I ...just don't feel the emotion sometimes...or ignore it...*shrugs*....

I think that tears affect judgement, but not the judgement of the one crying. Crying is most likely a result. Something has happened to make you cry. It's the past, no matter how recent.

Oh, I'm a guy too and don't cry either. Not because of any stereotype, just because of how I am. I used to shut people out, and showing emotion is an easy way to invite others in. So, even now that I'm different, I still don't really show alot of emotion, but I try.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Mztik_Gohan10 [/i]
[B]tears are wiping away ur sadness.it shows u that its ok to cry.crying makes you feel stronger and better than before. [/B][/QUOTE]
[color=purple][size=1] Sometimes only. I have different experience, so I think tears make you weak, but it can also make you strong. It's not like I don't have emotion, but I see too many of it. I don't like to see people crying, even it's a way for them to express their feeling [/color][/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by liamc2 [/i]
[B]crying is not a sign of weakness. . its a sign of extreme emotion, willpower and most of all self esteem.
If you cry, you are showing that you don't care what others think of you or your emotions. Every tear you shed is a drop of strength and a drop of power reaching out to others to show your innermost soul and feelings. [/B][/QUOTE]
see i knew i said that, its on page two!
*someone in the background* "we don't care!"
:bawl: :bawl:

well, i don't really ever cry. i might've younger in my life, but not now. Actually, I felt my eyes water when this girl kicked me in my crotch. anyway, i don't think crying in general is a sign of weakness, but some is. Like Criers. The ones that cry about everything, that is weakness right there. Crying of the loss of a loved one, that isn't weakness. but Crying because you scraped your elbow, that is.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by liamc2 [/i]
[B]depends on what you scrape your elbow with, for example, if you scrape you elbow with a rusty, lemon juice soaked, cheese grater. i think you have a reason to cry! [/B][/QUOTE]
[color=purple][size=1] That's hurt, but that doesn't mean you have to cry. It's only physical pain [/color][/size]