OtakuBoards

The Traveling-glass [PG-VLS]

Hayama

Ayumu smiled as he walked up to the throne room doors. He could feel Loki's and Salima's aura outside the door, but human intuition told him that there was another person out there as well.

"Well, I think that I have stayed in this hell hole far long enough." He said to himself as he changed into his batlike demon. He raised his fist and hit the doors, causing them to nearly disentagrate. He walked out and looked on one side to see Salima taking steps back in shock. He then turned to Loki and Gale. Loki had not moved an inch, or so it had seemed, Gale only a quick snap.

"Took you long enough Ayumu. What were you doing in there? I need to speak to you." Loki said as he took a step twards Ayumu.

"What the hell is he? I have never felt an aura like thta." Gale said as he went back to a stern look.

"Does it matter. He just wanted to make a flashy entrance, thats all." Salima said as she went back to old posture.

"Say what you will little demon. But with you in the condition you are in, you have no right to be so cocky." Ayumu said as he began walking down the hall.

"Wghat is that supposed to mean?" He heard her say as he walked up to the elf and changed back into his normal self.

"Just to let you know, that blue knight you let live, he is dead. He tried to hurt me in his condition, but it was just to easy to kill him on the spot." Ayumu said as he smirked and kept on walking.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"well, i see that we are finnally grouping togther." said Gale as he took a seat on the floor. Every part of his boy was aching because of his Sky Heaven Explosion Attack. Has he heard the king was dead and so was his 'unbeatable' army.
"What now?"
"Neiro has the mirror. let us wait and see what happens." said Loki.
"Why, we don't know where he is."

[FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=DarkRed][LEFT]"I say we go get him. There is no point in standing around her,"Salima said glaring at Ayumu. If she could have her way she would have killed him but she knew better than that. His demon aura was way more powerful than her's and she wasn't ready for her death bed yet.

"Yeah, well we don't know where he is,"Gale said throwing his head back taking a few pants here and there.

"Loki does,"she replied looking at him,"Don't you?"

He just shrugged his shoulders.

Ooc: That's it for me. I'll see you guys Friday, hopefully.
-BlackTigerGurl[/LEFT][/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=DarkGreen]Neiro had made up his mind. He set the free half of the traveling-glass down and held his wooden box in one hand. ?My voice commands. Break thy seal.?

The box split open with a soft crack and Neiro took the lid off. The sound that then filled the room was not a sound Neiro had ever heard. The now unsealed half of the traveling glass was vibrating, filling the air with a low, eerie hum like a tuning fork. Neiro carefully held the two pieces, one in each hand. The attraction between them was like two huge magnets. Taking a deep breath, Neiro let them pull together.

In a blinding flash of white light, the two pieces melded into oner. The humming stopped and Neiro gazed down into the complete, azure mirror in his hands. He expected to see his reflection but instead?.

Neiro practically threw the glass to the ground and pressed himself back against the door. ?Wha?. What is this?? It didn?t help Neiro?s nerves that the mirror didn?t hit the ground when he dropped it. Instead, it floated in front of him. Reluctantly, Neiro reached out and took the mirror again. He looked into it again and the same scene was reflected back up at him? A barren plain, some sort of ruins, a grey and people-less place?

?The ability to do what has never been done before?? Neiro whispered. ?Is that why it doesn?t show a normal reflection?? Neiro?s boyish curiosity was growing and he wondered what sort of incantation was used to make this thing work.

?My voice commands! Activate thy? no? make thy? damn it,? Neiro sighed. He was used to incantations on plants and such. He had never done an incantation on a piece of glass. He didn?t even know what it was supposed to do. Neiro racked his brains trying to remember anything that might give him a clue. Suddenly, an idea struck him. It was stupid really, but worth a try.

In Neiro?s village, there had been a small shrine dedicated to the half of the traveling-glass his people were entrusted with. At the doorway of the shrine there stood a large tree and carved into its bark were words, words that Neiro had seen every day but had never understood the meaning of. Standing up and gazing down at the traveling-glass, Neiro began to recite those words?

?From what is, at the time and place I take this breath, to where the flow of fate shall steer me, I command thee take me!?

With those words, the traveling-glass exploded with a blinding blue light. When Neiro?s vision returned, he wasn?t in that storeroom full of books anymore? He was standing on a pile of rubble. Patchy, colored lichens covered the rocks in some places and tufts of grass grew out from the cracks. How long had this place (wherever it was) been a ruin?

?Over there!? a voice called. Neiro turned around to see Loki and the others standing on the rubble several yards away.

Neiro just stood there, dumbstruck with the traveling-glass in his hands. What had he done? [/COLOR][/FONT]

OOC: So, the traveling-glass has transported everyone somewhere. If you?re still playing, you got dragged along. If you?re not playing anymore then just don?t post anymore and we?ll all assume you got left behind. Okay? Okay! ^^ For now I?ll only say one thing, this place everyone?s been brought to isn?t friendly.

[FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=DarkRed][LEFT]Salima turned her head left and right looking in every direction. She was no longer in front of the Throne room with the others, she was somewhere else but how? To her, it looked like a waste land nothing insight not even a site of and insect.

"Where are we,"she asked her voice echoing into the air as if it were nothing but a light feather. She slowly stood next to Loki in fear. It was the first time she ever felt fear like this before. Her body was actually shivering in fright something she never felt in her life.

"I have no clue,"Loki said also looking around,"My best bet if we ask Neiro. He's over there."[/LEFT][/COLOR][/FONT]

Gale looked around. This was new. He put away his sword and turned around. They

where in the middle of a wasteland. Great. Magic? The power of the Traveling glass? He spotted Neiro from afar. He glanced that Loki was right by him.
"Should we get some answers out of the brat?" Asked Gale in a annoyed tone.
"Of course."

Edgar just stood near the group silently, what was with the change in scenery? She started to walk a few feet toward where Neiro was standing, but stopped short and glanced around. Strange. Her ear twitched ever so slightly, the only betrayer of a slight annoyance. [b]"Where ever we all are now, I don't like this place much,"[/b] She mentioned.

It was just a feeling, but not a very good one. The dark Elf continued her walk, but vaguely uneasy and half expecting something unfriendly to appear. Finally reaching where Neiro stood, she glanced along some rubble out of the corner of her eye. [b]"Is this the great power of the glass?"[/b] It was a bold stab in the dark, but she asked anyway and was not surprised when the boy absently nodded before jerking out of his personal shock. [b]"So?Where are we?"[/b] she asked.

[b]"I'm, not sure..."[/b] He answered.

[b]"I see."[/b]

OOC- Kenzai is now an NCP, at least for the time being.

[FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=DarkGreen]Neiro looked down at the object in his hands. He expected to see some weird scenery but instead, his own pale, shocked face stared up at him. He felt the others? eyes on him.

?It looks like what I saw in the glass, but? I? I don?t know where we are. I didn?t mean to bring you. I didn?t even know if the spell world work.?

Kenzai looked a little surprised. ?You cast a spell without knowing what it would do??

?What spell?? Salima asked.

?From what is, at the time and place I take this breath, to where the flow of fate shall steer me, I command thee take me?? But even as Neiro finished telling them the spell, his vision began to spin. ?But? It made me? really?? He didn?t even finish his sentence before sinking to the ground.

?The kid fainted?? Kenzai asked.

Loki nodded. ?Think about it. If he cast that spell, it was HIS energy the traveling-glass used to bring us here.?

Everyone?s eyes fell on the blue-glass mirror, which floated a few inches off the ground beside the unconscious Neiro.[/COLOR][/FONT]

Ayumu looked hard at the glass then let out a small grunt. He turned his bak to it then began walking away. "I have no need for it now. I just wish to find me way back to that castle, there were so many people that were still alive." He said in a low voice as he began to walk.

"Ayumu, I have a proposition, will you hear me out?" Loki asked as Ayumu stopped and turne to look at him.

[FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=DarkRed][LEFT]"We should all stick together instead of running off alone somewhere. We have no clue were we are at and what lies in this wasteland,"Salima said her back turn to Ayumu and Loki. She walked over to the unconscious boy and gentle lifted him up onto her back. As she did so the glass floated by his side still.

"Odd."

"What are you doing,"Edgar said watching her with caution.

"I'm carrying him. What does it look like I'm doing. Geez, he's the only one that could possibly take us back home,"Salima said in a sassy tone as she postion Neiro more comfortably on her back.

"Good idea,um...,"Loki said not knowing Salima's name.

"Salima,"she said puffing from the weight of the boy.

"Oh yeah, Salima,"he grinned.[/LEFT][/COLOR][/FONT]

"Let me take that, it's not right for a lady to do grunt work when there are men around to do it for her" He grabbed neiro and held him with one hand then turned to ayumu. "For years I have dreamed about becoming a Harmonizer but nevr had anyone teach me, that is what I was going to ask you"

"You want me to tach you?" Ayumu seemed to repeat more for himself than anyone else.

"Thats right. You think you are up to it?" Loki said with a smug grin on his face.

"What is the big deal on being a harmonizer? I mean, you are strong as it is." Salima said as she walked next to Loki.

"Because, he may be strong, but a harmonizer is strong on multiple levels. There is not just one or two feilds that they are good at, but hundreds of them. Every single element, all of the fighting styles that a demon could know, all of their knowledge. Everything is put into a harmonizers head. They are truly a being of their own." Loki said, as he took another step at Ayumu.

"So, how long are you willing to train? It is not something you can learn in a couple of days. It takes years." Ayumu said as he turned around to look at Loki.

"Yeah, I really want to learn, no matter how long it takes." Loki said as a grin crossed his face.

"I have been training from the age five. My father taught me, he once told me that I may have to train someone one day, guess you shall be my pupil huh? Ayumu said with a smirk, them it went to a grin.

"So, I guess that means you are my new teacher. I really want to get started right away, but we have to find a place for everyone else first. We can train after that." Loki said as he began to walk away.

"Very well." Ayumu thaught to himself as he fallowed Loki from a distance.

Edgar felt very out of place walking always a respectful distance behind everyone else. They all seemed to get along so well?it was the price she paid, considering. As the group marched on in the sun without her the Elf stopped, looking on the right. What was that a little ways away? She looked ahead, peering as far ahead as she could beyond the group. [B]"Maybe we should stop and sit down for a while we still can?" [/B] she called.

Only a few turned around, it was easy to forget that Edgar existed; it was unconscious for her to try and stay as much in the background as she could. Seeing others pause, the group slowly came to a halt. Somebody from over there opened his mouth to talk, but she interrupted.[B] "I trust nobody has a truly clear sense of [I]where[/I] we are heading. There's a patch of rubble that's still standing for the most part over there that looks to at least hold some shade. I personally do not think there would be any Inns or such close by."[/B]

She silently took notice of the sharp glances everyone gave each other, and let them talk amongst themselves. Edgar half wished she never ran into these people, and sought work closer to home. Then she wouldn't of had to be so uncomfortable traveling like this.

Loki fell back next to the elf. "It is not that hard to talk. You actually think poeple want to talk to me. I am the most wanted person out right now. The looks they give you are nothing compared to what I get. You need to get out of that shell of yours and enjoy life." He looked at Salime and became entraced with the way she was walking. He felt weird inside, this had never happened to him before.

[FONT=Arial] [SIZE=2] Gale followed the gorup across the wasteland. He was gaining more energy, but he still wasen't fit for walking long ways. he striped his holy armor and folded it into his bag. Man, he shouldn't have done that attack on that knight, it wasen't worth it. He could remember his father/teacher telling him to only use it when there was no hope left... He had used it wrongly. Why was he doing this? He is a holy knight of thy kingdom... Not some member of a band of killers. he brushed his blonde hair from his eyes. His sky heaven explosion tech. did something to him... was his tirerness going to go away?[/SIZE][/FONT]

[B]"That may be so, but it doesn't make it any less weird."[/B] Edgar replied, almost laughing as she noticed the way Loki looked at Salima. [B]"Speaking of enjoying life?Maybe you should be walking with [I]her[/I]. You never know...she may like you," [/B] the elf nodded in the direction of the girl before glancing quickly at the sleeping Neiro. She felt partly guilty; the kid had to take on such a task and at such a young age.

[FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=DarkRed][LEFT]Salima turned her head slightly to the elf and Loki hearing her name being mention several times. It slightly irritated her when people talked about her behind her back. Her ears twitched as she picked up bits and peices of Edgar and Loki's conversation. She then started to slow her walk 'till she was next to them.

"I heard you guys talking about me,"she said sneering at Edgar and Loki," What were you guys talking about."

They both stopped abrutly in the middle of their conversation.

"Uh...nothing negative about you,"Loki said immdetaily.

"Oh really,"she said eyeing the both of them.

"Well, I shall walk ahead," Edgar said grinning to herself as she walked ahead of Loki and Salima.[/LEFT][/COLOR][/FONT]

Ayumu slowed down and learly stopped when he thaught about where everyone was going to sleep. He watched the elf past him, then he sneered to himslef. HE watched the elf turn her head a little to look at him then keep walking.

"Why the hell has he braught me here. I was almost outof the castle, having fun killing the remaining guards." He said quietly to himself.

"I do not know, but there must be some reason." Edgar said as she kept walking. "I do not know why any of us are here. Only he knows."

"Yeah, I know that, and so does everyone else. Hope his ass wakes up soon. I want to know what is in his reasons are." Ayumu said as he began walking agian.

"GEtting angry? Your aura is going crazy." Loki said as he caught up on him a little.

"Maybe. I feel like tearing everything I see to shreds, does that count?" He said with a smirk.

"I think that will cut it. So, tell me. Does it really take that long to become a harmonizer?" Loki asked with a little curiosity in his voice.

"I am only getting better every day. My father is nearly ten times stronger than me. I still have a whole lot farther to go." He looked up at the sky, then back in front of him. "But, my souls are not the same as his. He is pure of heart. Me, well lets just say that I choose darker majic over him."

"So, it all depends on what type of demon you take in. Means he took in the more gentle ones right?" Loki asked as he caught up to Ayumu.

"No, not really. It all depends on how their heart is. You know when you try to me kind, but your heart is screaming to kill? Its like that. He was able to tell wether a demon was pulling an act or not."

"Are you not able to? I thaught you could from the begining. You read my aura like a book." Loki said looking back at Salima.

"Because you have nothing to hide. Some demons are able to hid their true intenshions. Nost are actually. The aura you feel and see is only the action that they are performing. You only performed evil, so your aura was tainted with blood and darkness. Another demon may have helped someone for some reason, and that would make his aura change a little. But if he killed that thing after helping it, its aura would become even darker. Catch my drift?" Ayumu asked as he salked a little slower.

[FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=DarkGreen]Neiro was partially awake before he actually opened his eyes. He was conscious enough to realize he was on something moving, something warm and alive and moving. Someone was carrying him? Opening his eyes a little, Neiro could half make out the people walking beside him.

With a sigh, Neiro half pushed, half slid himself off of his carrier. The result was that he landed on his feet, however unsteady they were.

?I can walk myself,? Neiro whispered, forcing himself forward. Despite being conscious, Neiro didn?t think he had ever been so tired before in his life. He KNEW he had never had such a dreadful headache before.

Suddenly Neiro stopped. He had just noticed the Traving-glass floating beside him. ?I?m surprised,? Neiro muttered, ?that you wouldn?t just take this thing and leave me, especially you, Kenzai. This IS what you were looking for, isn?t it??

Kenzai shrugged and smiled. ?What kind of people would be to leave a kid behind??

Neiro frowned. ?The kind of people who just stormed a castle and killed more knights than I can count? And I?m not a kid,? Neiro added.

Loki glared at Neiro. ?There?s blood on your hands now too, don?t forget.?

Neiro flinched but didn?t argue. As much as he hated to admit it, it was true. He wasn?t innocent anymore.

?We want to go back,? Edgar explained, ?and you?re the one who can return us.?

Neiro reached out and took the mirror. He peered into the glass but all he saw was his own reflection. ?I can?t? not here or now.?

?Why not?? Ayumu asked, sounding considerably ticked off.

?The way the spell is,? Neiro explained, ?it asks to be taken from ?here and now? to wherever fate dictates. The spell won?t work if the time and place aren?t right.?[/COLOR][/FONT]

[SIZE=2][FONT=Arial] Gale was listening to the conversation. He didn't care for the mirror anymore, just to get back home. Then he he saw it. He turned his head alittle back to see a black dots form the west. he looked closer to see the first black dot was a not animal nor a human...more of both.
"...orcs..." Loki and the others heard him.
"What?" Gale pulled out his sword.
"We must have disturbed there territory." Everyone too pulled out there weapons. Gale had to fight through his tiredness. [/FONT] [/SIZE]

"First step of becoming a Harmonizer is being able to take in spirits. Show me" He saw the orcs appoarching. "Easy prey. So telll me how you take in a soul, what does it fell like. Tell me that then I can try" He held out his hand as a dark ball of energy formed and aimed it at the approaching crownd. "Bye"

[FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=DarkRed][LEFT]Salima threw her head back in irritation.
"Fighting again? Gosh, this will be a waste of time,"she said pulling her cresent blades from her waist quickly. "Let me just get this over with then." She twirled her blades with such speed it caused a whirl wind to start up. Fire started raising up her arms mixing with the wind of the blades creating a whirlwind of fire. The fire whirlwind turned into a giant tornado that sucked the creatures into its strong vortex. The vitims burned in the tornado and was turned into ashes.
"How dull these fighters are,"she said twirling her weapons with a grin. Suddenly something crept up behind her and grabbed her around her arms and held her tightly. Her body felt cold as the creature continued to hold her, binding her of her powers. She tried to light a fire with her hands but it seemed the creature was preventing her of doing so.
"What..are you doing,"she said with chattering teeth. The thing didn't say anything.[/LEFT][/COLOR][/FONT]

Calmly Edgar released a few arrows as they came into range, the orcs falling easily.[B] "Annoying pests?"[/B] she mumbled, stepping in front of Neiro so that any lucky orcs to get that far would have to go through her personally.[B] "Stay put-" [/B] she was about to say kid, but stopped herself. [B]"-Neiro, before you end up with more blood on your hands. You aren't a killer, and shouldn't end up as one[/B]."

Releasing another arrow into the throat of a nearby creature, she glanced at the boy. [B]"If you feel I am wrong, then prove it so."[/B]

Ayumu looked at the orcs and smiled, "Yeah, these shall be a good starting point as any. But, first." He grunted as he cahnged into a small fire demon that looked like a rabid fox.

"You, stay off of her." He yelled as he shot a fireball at the orc that had attached itself to the back of Salima.

"Thanks, now, how do I absorb it?" Loki asked as he shot his ball of energy, destroying a couple of orcs.

"First, you must drain all of the power from you body. Try to let all of your power leave your aura, so you have to depend on something else.

"Woudnt that kill me? Without an aura, I would be dead." He said with a confused look on his face.

"No. Try to suck the aura out of the demon in front of you. For starters, it is easyiest to grab the demon, but once you get stronger, you will be able to do it from a far." Ayumu said as he cut through a few more orcs with his claws.

"Orcs aren't demons though" Loki got an idea in his head. He pulled the stone with the spider emblem and focused his power. Soon the god demon he had beaten appeared but bound in chains. "Hello again" The god demon spit a ball of vemon but had no affect. "You can't hurt your master" Loki closed his eyes as he did excatly what Ayumu said. He was about an inch away as he felt his aura disappear. He grabbed the god demon by the throat as his eyes flashed crimson and the body fell limp. Loki fell to one knee breathing hard. "Does it always hurt that much when you take one." He felt like his body was one fire.