OtakuBoards

The Traveling-glass [PG-VLS]

Hayama

Gale landed flat on his back. he looked around to find himself back to the city. anger shot through his head.

"Back again?! Ahhh, i hate demons!......wheres Maxwell?" He scanned the area. no sign of him.

That demon forgot to send Maxwell!" Just when he said that, the sound of a mighty cry came above. Gale looked up to see his horse above him in mid air.

"....ooo crap." The horse floated for a moment then came straight down on Gale.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=DarkRed][LEFT]During the fight between the night and the Crimson Slayer, Salima had abondon them and went farther back into the forest. Of course she knew that it was dangerous and she knew that the Crimson Slayer told her not to leave him, but she never does what she's told. Beside, that was the Crimson Slayer. She had stories of him when she was little. She would never have guess that she would actually come face to face with him so quickly in her lifetime.

"He coulda at least told me sooner,"she said her hands in her pocket. She was had no clue where she was going, but she knew she must find the traveling glass. "Now where would it be," she kept asking herself as she bit her finger nail. As she walked, she felt a bit hot and removed her hood for the time begin. She shook her hair slightly getting any that had gotten caught in the hood. Her ears twitched to all the different sounds in the forest. One sound seem very odd to her. It sounded like footsteps more or less someone running.

She quickly removed her elbow blades and scanned around her. "Who's out there," she shouted. Her eyes spotted a figure in the shadows nearby. As she moved closer she could make out the figure. It was the Crimson Slayer.

"I thought I asked you not to go running off,"said with a sigh as he walked over to her.

"Uh...who do you think you are? My daddy? I think not." [I]'Great, the one time I show myself has to be the time where he shows up. Now anything I do, he could report it unless I kill him which is impossible,'[/I]she thought to herself as she turned away from him.[/LEFT][/COLOR][/FONT]

Loki smiled his hood still down. "You have quite an attitude, just like me when I was younger and just started my reign of terror. Sorry If I frightned you, it is not everyday I meet a demon who doesn't lunge at me or run to report to the nearest knight." He brought out his hand holding a leather bag. "It is the knight's pack. Took it from his horse" he opened it up and took out a loaf of bread, then devoured it in one bite and handed her the pack. 'You don't talk much" He stood up turning away from her and pulled up his hood. "If you ever feel like talking again just touch this" He tossed a dark stone necklace to her then disappeared in the forest off towards the dragon and Ayumu.

Well...Gale was back to square one,...great. He guided Maxwell down the quiet street of the toiwn as he headed to the temple. it was no use, he had no chance of finding the mirror. just when he turned the corner, something caught his eye. a flayer was posted up saying, "To find your future or missing objects, come see forenteller, Ellen." Gale thought for a moment. if he visit the teller, he might locate the knigfht [I]and[/I] the mirror. This was great! He read the directions and hurried to the location

A large tent stood in front of Gale as he tied Maxwell to a nearby tree. He quicky walked inside to find himself inside some kind of circus ring.

"Hello? Anyone home?" After moment of silence a laugh ecoed around Gale.

"So you seek aid from my master? Well first, you must get past me!" Gale jumped out of the way as a iron dart landed near him. He pulled out his sword and waited for the next move.

"You coward! show yourself." Out of the shadows came out Gale's enemy. With one look of him, Gale burst out laughing.

"...Come on! a clown?! this is some kind of joke." The clown smiled and pulled out a short sword form his shirt.

"You shall die for calling me a coward." He attacked Gale, striking and striking harder every blow. Gale blocked the last blow and countered with a kick to the gut. The clown landed on his back, blood streaming down his mouth. Gale placed his sword aganist his throat.

"Play time is over, tell me where your 'master is." He slowly pointed behind him. "through there, Good luck."

Now this was insane, as Gale stared at a another servant of the teller. This time, it was a black ninja.

"You must pass me to seek aid from my-"
"Yeah i know your master." Gale again, pulled out his sword and got ready. With a out a blink, the ninja started producing copies of himself until there was 10 of him.

"oo boy."the ninjas circled Gale and began to run around him with inhuman speed. Pain rushed thorugh his body has forms of cuts ran along him. If his eyes won't help him, he would have to trust his other senses. he closed his eyes and listened carfully. Instead of hearing 10 footsteps he only heard a pair. there was just one solid copy. Gale pulled back his sword and striked where the sound was last heard. He opened his eyes to find the 10 had diseapered and the ninja had stoped before being striked by the sword.

"You are truelly wrothy, please enter." Gale put his sword away and bowed. hoping there wasen't another one.

"So you seek my aid, its been awhile since someone has past my servants." The old women sat staring at her crystal ball.
"I need to find a knight by the name, Kenzai." The old woman nodded and again looked deeply inside her ball. "The knight is deeply insid ethe forest near the captial. He is being accopanied by a boy." Gale frowned, he was just in that forest.
"I also need the were abouts of the 'Traveling glass'." The teller nodded again and looked at her ball.
"I;m sorry, but it seems spiritual powers are blocking my view. is there anything else?" Gale shook his head and thanked her.
Well he had to return to the forest to find the knight...hopefully he can get past the crimson slayer. He felt abit hungrey and looked for his bag on Maxwell. Gale was shocked, his bag was missing. he looked around. Nobody was around to steal form him. Only one person came to mind....The slayer.

Ayumu stopped only feet away from the blaze."Looks like he is gone. Wonder if everyone around here got away safely." Emillie said as she began putting ice on the blaze.

"I am getting a strange feeling that something is close. But where." Ayumu looked around then felt something strong behind him. He turned around and looked straight at a demon.

"Well, a dragon, and something else. What are you boy?" The demon seemed to smile under his cloak.

"I could ask you the same thing. You dont have the normal aura of a demon. Its like it is the color of blood, but pure blood. It hasn't been tainted by evil yet." Ayumu began to shange into his normal form as Emillie finished putting the fire out.

What are you talking about boy? My aura is nothing pure. I have done nothing good of heart for some time now." The demon seemed to be stunned by Ayumu's response.

"That may be, but you do not realize, I am the best at determining a demons aura. I can tell you everything you want to know about yourself, just by how your aura is at this very moment." Ayumu smiled as he moved to the side a little.

"You can boy? We shall see, but first, tell me your name."

"Its Ayumu. I am a harmonizer. You should be familliar with them"

"Ayumu. I have a bad feeling about this guy. Be careful." Emillie watched as the two squared off.

"Well, boy. I know exacally who you are. A small word of your power has been getting around. Sure you are wiling to go up agianst the Crimson Slayer? I have been told that I am not that nice when I fight." The demon smiled and let out a small laugh.

"That makes two of us." Ayumu clenched his sword as he changed into a demon of darkness. His hair turned white and surrounded his face as he grew spikes out of his back. "This is known as the Nox soul. A little weak, yes, but more than enough to handle you." Ayumu's eyes turned to a pure red as a dark haze formed over his sword. He clenched it harder as he charged the Crimson Slayer, sword comming down, but being blocked by the metal claws on his hand.

"Agian, boy. What are you doing here with a dragon? You seem to be the strongest person I have faced today. But not good enough to kill me." A dark circle surrounded him as a sword began to form from the center. The Crimson Slayer grabbed it and swung it around a few times unti getting into a stance.

"So, a Dai Katana? Good reach, but not enough muscle behind it." Ayumy smiled as a dark shaddow of the grim reaper formed behind him. He opened his eyes wider and pointed his arm at Loki.

"[I]A Bowa Kue[/I]" The shaddow began to laugh as it charged Loki. It braught its scyth up and swung it down, only missing Loki's head by an inch.

"What? A demonic spell? And a strong one. Never before have I seen a spell of death. Guess I should be lucky he missed." Loki smiled as he took his hood off.

"No. You should be lucky he went after your pure aura. I know you can feel the pressure on your body. The feel that something is riving the breath from your lungs, its your aura dieing from that strike."

"What are youtalking about agian boy? I told you, I have no pure-" He grabbed his chest. "What is this?"

"I told you.'[I]Sai Bowa Kue[/I]' " Slowly, the the force pushing on Loki fadded."You shall be fine. Now leave before I change my mind." Ayumu turned back to Emillie, who only looked at him.

"You better feel lucky I am only toying around." Loki said as he began to laugh.

[FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=DarkGreen]?The Traveling-glass, huh?? Niero muttered, playing dumb. ?I think my grandpa used to tell me stories about that? the great fire wizard made it hundreds of years ago, didn?t he??

Kenzai nodded.

?You really think it?s real? My grandpa told some crazy stories?? Neiro sighed.

?It is real,? Kenzai explained, ?I?ve seen the other half.?

Neiro feigned surprise. ?Other half??

Kenzai nodded again. ?After the wizard was put to death his two sons split the mirror in half. One half resides in the palace and the other has been lost for centuries.?

?Why bother looking for it then? What?s this ?traveling-glass? supposed to do?? Neiro asked.

?No one knows,? Kenzai replied honestly. ?Some say it cures any malady. Others say it grants wishes. Some people believe it contains all the wizard?s power and would enable the person with the whole mirror to control the world. The king thinks it will give him power.?

Neiro couldn?t help but laugh, despite the fact that he was supposed to be ignorant. ?Why would the wizard call a power source ?the Traveling-glass? anyway??

Kenzai frowned. ?What do you think it?s for then??

Neiro narrowed his eyes. ?According to the legend I was told, it has the ability to do what has never been done before.?

?And that means what?? Kenzai sighed.

With a shrug and a laugh Neiro turned around. ?I?m sick of going north. I?ve decided to go see the city. Either you come with me that way or you leave me alone.?
[/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=DarkRed][LEFT]Salima followed Loki toward the crow and the dragon. She really didn't want to but she had nothing better to do. She shoved the necklace in her left pocket without even gazing at its beauty. She had eaten a bit from the pack but didn't trust anything else. She had put her hood back on and watched from afar the fight that had broke out between the harmonizer and Loki. Then her eyes rested on the dragon.

She had heard many stories of the blood thrusty dragons but never in her life had she ever seen them. Fright had taken over her body and made her completly numb. The stories she were told were frightening as she looked at the dragon. The appear at times to be gentle but they could most dangerous. [I]'I must be on guard and not show the slightest bit of fear,'[/I] she thought as she hide in a bush and continue to watch them.[/LEFT][/COLOR][/FONT]

Edgar walked along, small wisps of mist growing thicker and larger, nature quieting, and the way growing darker. The wind stilled, and the trees stopped talking. She was getting close. She could feel it. Her eyes could only adjust so much though in the very dim lighting. [B]?Azkeresh nin sholdbereth, mith nigran creaturner vun ze?? [/B] she sang softly. It was an old song passed down in her homeland in order to help calm creatures or beings.

It wasn?t long before she cam to a small clearing, a small trees stump resting in the center. Vines bordered the area entwined in the surrounding trees, and not a creature was to be seen or heard for miles. [I]?I know you are here. Come out come out wherever you are??[/I] Edgar thought silently behind her song. The longer she could possibly hold off the Guardian, the better. Some old, dirty green vines hung down in front of her path like a curtain that she had pushed out of the way. Stepping over to the stump, she ran her hand along the flat surface, delicate fingers brushing along a shallow carving of an arrow. It pointed to the rock face on the left, a jumble mass of stones looked fused together from the building blocks of an ancient castle long ago. But what was so special about it?

A large stomp sound could be heard and a crash through the trees caused Edgar to spin around on her heels, a wooden bow drawn, steel tipped arrow ready to fly. [I]?Time?s up? [/I] The beast had a rather large piggish snout, and a rough brown hide covering its body all the way to its black hoofs and three whip-like tails. Snarling green eyes stared back at her, the intruder. On all fours, it towered over Edgar, and strafed to one side as she followed the movement with her arms, leather armor showing from the opening in her cloak. The thing coiled back, an arrow flying at it, missing completely as the beast lunged.

Edgar dived out of the way, the edge of the dark cloth getting ripped in the process. A flying arrow embedded itself in the beast?s neck as the Dark Elf hit her back on a mossy tree. The thing reared up on its hind legs, letting out a horrible screech heard that echoed throughout most of the forest, birds flying and other creatures fleeing. The beast fell dead, a few more arrows sticking out of it.

A hoofed paw had smashed through the hollow stump, a small glimmer of light revealed. She picked up the tiny stone and dropped it in a small pouch. [B]?The Diamond Eye?? [/B] Edgar mumbled. [I]?Every treasure has its guardian??[/I]

OOC: Whoa, this RPG is going fast... I'l try to post often, but the only problem is that school's in the way...
IC:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[color=indigo]Emillie reached her hand back to grab her staff. However, in one movement she could tell it was missing. But then, a feeling had come across the orb on her tail... Her expression suddenly grew sinister.

"Well," Emillie said in a loud whisper to Salima, "well well well. Scaredy-cats, are we? You can't hide your fear, girl--through my experience I have been able to sense these dark emotions, fear among the most important. Ah, I see you are the friend of the demon here... What an interesting sign."
With this Emillie began to draw a circle around herself, a circle of bright blue light. This brought icy chills into the air, which Salima felt instantly. Salima shivered and took a few steps back. She knew that abilities of ice can usually mean hearts of ice.

As Emillie's hand moved toward her tail, she felt something rodlike. Pulling it out, she realized it was her staff. In her mind she was surprised at the find--she had apparently pulled it out of her tail. But her expression remained as cold as the wind she had just conjured up.
[i]A dragon with a staff?![/i] Salima thought--she had never heard of dragons with any type of weapon before.
But while she was contemplating this, Emillie pointed the end of her staff at Salima, the skull charm clearly visible to her. This was the last thing Salima saw before she found herself enclosed in a bright red hexagon. With this came Emillie's incantation of "Shu-pentreus, orba sai tali!" Salima, having no clue what this meant, tried to step outside the hexagon, but a funny feeling prevented her from crossing the border.
"Do that again," Emillie sneered. "Feel free, the only price you have to pay is a bit of your soul energy. Step outside and your whole soul should be taken, but stay inside, don't move, and you shall be safe."

Salima felt a sign of reassurance at this. She also saw an opening about eight feet off the ground, where the walls of the hexagon seemed to end.
[i]Maybe if I can jump over this, I can escape...[/i]
But Loki already had plans for the dragon.
[i]Ice...[/i][/color]

OOC: I can't post right now cause I am at school but I think there has been a mix up on what my character attacks. Humans and elves are my person's prey. Emillie, Ayumu, and Salime have nothing to worry about. Gale, Neiro, Edgar, and Kenzai are the only one's that my guy would try to kill. Hope that clears everything up.

Loki watched as he changed back. "One problem, your open then" He backhaned Ayumu sending him into a tree and held his sword out. The dark aura extened bringng the blade right to Ayumu's throat. "Thatnks for makeing my evil side stronger and getting rid of that stupid voice in my head telling me what I am doing is wrong. For that I will left you live" The aura faded as he put his sword back in the void and helped Ayumu up. "So what are you two doing in these woods?" He noticed Emillie doing a spell on the panther demon, which he still needed to find out the name. He rushed over and grabbed the staff and counteracted the power releasing her. "There is no time for that, you really need to be more trusting." He lowered the staff as ten knights came out of the forest.

"We thought we saw the Crimson Slayer"

Loki walked forward as the others tensed getting ready. "This is my fight" The dark aura surrounded his unarmored fist as he hit the ground causing a fissure that swallowed three of them. He stabbed one with his glove and bit another's neck snapping the spinal cord. He blasted the others into oblivion, then put his cloak back on. "I will see you later, I got other matters to attened to" He walked down the path.

OOC: thanks for the hint.

Gale moaned uneasily has he rode on Maxwell on the path to the forest. he hasn't slept for over a day now. all of his food and money were gone and now he was heading to the same place he was last night. He stopped at a nearby farm to rest when he heard the news.
"yep, tha' slayers killed all 10 knights last night. shame, wha' a shame." the farmer said rocking back and forwards in his chair.
"How can you be sure? they could be searching right now." The farmer looked up into the sky.
"Them clouds are tainted with blood. Temple Knight, please find those poor souls and give them a proper burial." Gale nodded and left with Maxwell. What is the slayer looking for? to destroy man kind? Power? Even though his mission was o locate the mirror. he felt that its destiny to meet the crimson slayer, once again....

Gale got off Maxwell and walked by him as they where getting closer to the forest.
"Hello? HELLO!" A voice screamed in his head. Gale stopped, he heard that voice before.
"You blockhead, its the greatest fortine teller!" Gale thought it was as he relaxed.
"You can talk to me in my head, wow. this is neat."
"This is a one time deal. Listen, the Knight Kenzai is now heading back to the city." Gale stopped. He felt like tearing out his hair. so much traveling in just a day in a half.
"Ahhh, this is great."

[FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=DarkRed][LEFT]Salima watched as Loki killed all 10 knights without breaking a sweat. She grinned to herself without revealing it to the others. She pulled her hood tighter over her face and walked on her way. She didn't bother to say thanks to Loki after he helped her out for the second time. No, that wasn't time for that. While she was dilly dalling, the 'traveling glass' could be miles away by now.

"I need to focus and stop wondering off,"she said to herself as she searched for a way to go. She was totally clueless at were the 'traveling glass' could be. She hadn't heard any rumors about where it might be, or any news on it.

As she walked threw the forest back to the narrow path, she went back to square one. [I]'When in doubt, follow others. Let them be your giny pig,'[/I]she thought to herself remembering what her father had once said to her when she was a child. Remembering how much she had spent with her mother and father made her sad. The only reason she did this was for them. So they will notice her again.

She sigh deeply to herself as she looked around for someone that seemed to know where they were going. Then she say the boy she had robbed earily and the knight. "Puurfect,"she said with a slight purr.[/LEFT][/COLOR][/FONT]

Loki made his way through the forest following the two humans trail. "I wonder what they are after" He caem across them taliking in a clearing. "Ahh" He used a spell to completely hid himself from them, demon auara and all, there reducing his chances of being seen to none.

(ooc:I'll keep that litle detail in mind...)

Edgar frowned a little in dismay remembering as she had watched and mostly heard the famed Crimson Slayer take out the knights she had been tailing. She stood with her back to a tree, so none would see her around the trunk. No doubt one or more of the group could probably smell her elfish sent or even sense her presence. That?s why the dark elf skipped out to of the area pretty quick. Most likely somebody would think that this hunter was after their head.

Stupid knights, not knowing when to quit. Speaking of whom?Edgar figured that she would tail Kenzai for now. She liked him better than most of the other knights anyway. He wasn't stupid. If only Aeries, her horse, wasn't kept back home...the inconveniences just kept stacking up.

Gale stared in wonder of a giant crack in the ground. He slowly shook his head. The slayer got to them, more lifes taken away. He tried to look for tracks, but found none. His best bet was to find the nearest path and follow it.

Gale rode for hours until Maxwell started to slow down. "What's wrong? Are you tired?" The horse came to a completly stopped as everything became quiet. Somehting was wrong, it was just a knights feeling. He got off his horse and pulled out his shield and sword.
"Come out! i know your here!" Instanly a large group of demons jumped out of the forest. They where some kind of demons Gale has never seen before. The demons piled up has Gale was out numbered 1 to 100.
"Son of a-" The leader of the demon tribe gave a fierce warcry. Maxwell, being the coward he his rantowards the north of the path.
"Maxwell!! Dammit." This was not good. Gale could not take down demons that kept growing in numbers.
"I hope that dumb horse runs ino sombody or i might has well rest in peace."

Ayumu looked around then frowned,"Hey, Emallie, wehave a problem, but it could come out to be a good thing." He smiled as he turned back to normal.

What do you mean its a problem but could be good?" She looked as him with confusion written on her face.

"I am a harmonizer. There are alot of demons around here. A whole lot, and a human trying to take them on." He bagan to walk in the way of the demonic aura.

Emillie started to walk behind him," What does being a harmonizer have anything to do whith alot of demons?"

"Well, if the demons are strong, I am going to steal its soul." He sighed as he came to a clearing with about a hundred demons, and one knight in the middle.

"Thats alot. What are we going to do? That knight looks like he needs help." She began to walk out into the clearing as Ayumu stopped her.

"Your ice right? Well, I really dont think it would be a good idea to go out there. Its about to warm up." He took a few steps away from her then clenched his fist. Siddenly the rainbow of colors surrounded him then fadded leaving a giant knight in red armor.

"It isn't that hot ya know." She said with a hint of sarcasim.

"No, not yet, but its about to be." He began walking twards the demons as a couple turned around and headed twards him.

Ayumu raised his sowrd as it caught on fire and swung it sideways, killing about six demons, burning them to a crisp.

"Knight, put up your sheild. You don't want to get burned." Ayumu didn't even wait for a response, but raised his hand and shot a giant fireball that incinerated about twenty demon.

From the sky he saw ice spears fly down and strike demons, killing them,"Nice shot."

"I told you it wasn't hot." She let out a laugh.

"You, fire knight. Thanks for the help. It is well needed." Gale said as he sliced through a couple of demons.

"No problem." He smiled as he spotted the leader of the demon hord. He began to walk twards him, killing anything in his way. Slowly the leader demon turned twards him and began to run at him.

"Guess what demon." He blocked the demons strike and knocked him back,"Your soul is mine!" He braught his sword down, slicing the demon in half. As quickly as Ayumu swung, he cast a spell that turned the demon into a gem.

"I warned him." Ayumu picked the gem up and put it in his pocked as more demons rushed him.

Gale sliced through a gorup of demons. even though there leader was killed, they where still coming through the forest. Why are they attacking like this? surely not just for human flesh. Gale cut through the last one and yelled to the unknown fighter and dragon, "I'm going up ahead to see where there coming from." It was only a few yards deep in the forest when Gale saw smoke in the air. He quicky raced where it was coming form and gasped. knights from the kingdom was destroying the tribe of demons. There huts where being burned to the ground. Those demons weren't attacking Gale, they we're running from the knights. They saw Gale and thought he was one of them. Gale clinched his fist tight. He had killed when they we're running for there lifes. He killed demons who had children and with no reason, but to protect himself. He looked up at the kingdom knights to see them laughing as they kicked around an elder demon.

"Now flithy demon, do you know anything about the 'Traveling Glass'?" demanded one of the knights as he hold out his sword. The elder was too ambused to answer.
"Well, no talk, no life." He thrusted his sword thorugh the demon killing it. Now Gale was experiencing anger he has never felt before. His duty was to protect, not to kill. He throw down his shield, he didn't care anymore. HIs duty to protect was no more. Blood from the knights was his goal now.
"Knights of the kingdom!" Yelled Gale has he walked in front of them. There were about 30 of them, all in blue white armor. "Yes Holy Knight? How my we serve you?"
"....Die!!"

Loki watched the knights burn the camp to the ground and felt anger well up in him. He came out of the forest as Gale stabbed a knight through the chest then strike another. A knight came around the back to finish him from behind. Loki suddenly appeared in front of him.

"What the?"

The dark void appeared below him and Loki's sword shot up blade first into the air going completely through him. Loki held out his hand and caught the sword as the aura came back making it longer. He swung and cut 15 in half. He turned as Gale killed another group. Loki grabbed the leader by the head and picked him up and lowered his hood.

"The Crimson Slayer"

"You are going to suffer for attacking them" He threw the him to the ground then stomped his head into the ground. he grabbed the guy's arm and snapped it in half at the elbow. The knight screamed in pain as Loki snapped the other arm. Loki tookk his spiked glove and raqmmed it into his stomach then slowly brought it up ripping him to shreds. He then turned to Gale still holding his sword. "Do you wish for another round?"

Gale looked at the dead body of knights. Gale was a killed, no more of a knight of justice. He turned to the slayer.
"Many thanks demon for the help."
"I wasen't helping you, knight. Revenge for that tribe is why i'm here." Even so, he did help him.

Gale threw off his breastplate, so he wouldn't slow down in speed by his armor. Was he really going to fight him again? The fighters stood completly still as if they we're exmaining each other. Gale made the first move, he charged and thrust his sword. Loki parried, He and Gale exchanged swords until Lokipulled out his metal claw to sratch him on the leg. Gale backed off an got ready again. Just when he was about to start again, The red knight appeared followed by the dragon.
"I see you have made some friends." Said Loki turning to the company.

Sounds of a fight nearby found their way to Edgar's ears, making them twitch slightly as she paused. Looking over to her left through a few trees, she spotted the remains of the demon camp with two figures fighting. [I]'I won't get involved in this.'[/I] she thought while pausing to take a quick look.

One looked like a Holy Knight, the other had their back to her. It was the Slayer again. She stood silently next to the tree to watch one attack the other, and two more figures across the clearing from her position. Lets see?a dragon? And some sort of knight with red armor. They were farther away though, and Edgar preferred not to step forward out of the shadows to get a better look.

[B]"I know you are there Elf, come out."[/B] It was the Crimson Slayer. She could see others jerk their attentions by the sudden revelation that she was even there.

[B]"No thank you, I do not have a death wish at the moment,"[/B] she replied as calmly as she could manage. None of the group she had encountered before, and had no reason to stay or get involved with this small little detour.

[B]"Who-"[/B] she heard the knight start, but didn?t stick around for him to finish. Edgar darted away back through the trees, still intent of finding Kenzai. Besides, she could buy some time to find a 'safe' distance seeing as how everyone was busy with each other.

She darted swiftly through trees not bothering with a trail, silently slashing at a rather large web that poised itself in her way. With one trail of a purple light, the sticky web fell to the ground. That's when she heard it. A soft sound from up ahead a ways?it sounded like a horse. Sigh. This area was infected with giant spiders. She supposed she would have to go save the poor thing from a very unpleasant fate.

Edgar cam upon the horse tangled in one of the webs. An arrow flew passed above the animal; hitting a spider and making it fall to the ground dead. [B]"Azkeresh nin sholdbereth, mith nigran creaturner vun ze?Calm, down, it's alright."[/B] It took a few moments, but the horse finally calmed down for the most part. She wouldn't be able to cut it loose otherwise. With a few swings of her sword, Edgar freed the beast.

Anther spider dropped down behind where the web used to be, and the animal bolted off back to the south along the safety of a path. It left her to be surrounded by the monsters. She set another arrow in its place, ready for a fight.

Loki turned to where the elf had ran. "Better prey" He took off straight through the forest then stopped as arrow hit the tree where he would have been. "I know your here" Spiders began to immediatly scurry towards him allowing her to escape. "I will catch you another time elf" He swung his sword as the aura extended xcutting down a large section of trees and spiders. He ran bak to Gale. "Now where were we?"

Ayumu let out a long beth as Loki walked back up. When he breathed back in, he changed back into his normal self.

"That elf. What was she doing fallowing us?" Ayumu said turning to Loki.

"Your guess is as good as mine." Loki turned back to gale, who just stared at him.

"You, flame knight, what is your name? What did you do with the leader of the group that attacked us?" Gale slowly turned to Ayumu.

"Don't call me flame knight. I, personally, hate knights. My name is Ayumu. The dragon here is Emillie. That demon had a very special power. One that I have not found in some time. It had the power of earth, something I really needed." He pulled out the gem and showed it to Gale and Loki.

"What is it? I have never seen anything like it before." Gale said as he looked at the greenish gem a little harder.

"To put it simply, my power lets me steal the souls of demons to use their powers later." Ayumu as he put the gem up.

"A harmonizer. I don't think I have ever met one before. So, that red knight was a demon?" Gale said as Loki took a step closer to them both.

"Yes, and if one perticular demon does not watch his step, i could steal his soul." Ayumu said turning to loki with a smile on his face.

Gale stared at the gem ans then heard a faint voice. He turned to see the demon elder wobbling to stand up, but he was losing too much blood. He put away his sword and went towards him. The company followed as Gale tried to help him up.
"Your injured, let me heal those wounds."
"No Temple Knight, that won't be needed, i intead to die." He coughed a handful of blood.
"Though if you could, you can help me."
"Yes elder, anything." There was a pause and he spoke.
"You mustn't allow the evil king merge the glass, if he does, the world will fall to darkness." He violently coughed again this time inches secs. from death.
"...Promise....me.."
"i promise." The elder made a faint smiled and then died in the arms of Gale. Rain began to fall as Gale laid him on the ground. He knew what he must do, it would take forever to find the 2nd half,....but the 1st half was in the kingdom. His mission was changed now....The mission now was to destroy the 1st half. Even if it means taking on the whole kingdom.

"Screw that kid..." thought Kenzai.

Though he did seem a little suspicious....Kenzai decided he was more trouble than he was worth. He kept going on without a word back.

Kenzai noticed a horse running down the path. It had the mark of the king on it, meaning it is a knight's horse. Kenzai decided to attempt to stop the horse in order to find out who its owner could be. He patted it in order to calm the beast. It neighed softly and calmed down. "Hmmmm, whose horse is this i wonder." said Kenzai. "Maybe if I get on it and ride it'll lead me to its master." thought Kenzai.

So he got on the horse and began to ride, letting it lead the way. After a while of riding he begins to give up hope of finding its master.

But then in the distance he sees a knight....

[FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=DarkGreen]Neiro had barely walked a quarter-mile before he dared to glance behind him. He was somewhat shocked that the knight was nowhere to be seen. There was some smoke in the distance but nothing that Neiro would bother himself with.

?I?m free of that knight at last,? Neiro sighed. He sat down on a fallen tree and opened up his pack. His money was gone now, lifted by some thief earlier, but he could deal with that. His most important possession, still sealed in its wooden box, remained safe with him. ?If I were to lose this?? Neiro shuddered at the thought of what would happen if the Traveling glass fell into the wrong hands.

As Neiro closed up his pack again he heard a rustling behind him. A lone spider, separated from its brethren, leapt at him with its huge fangs bared. Neiro sighed. ?Good thing it?s only one.?

He raised his hand towards the spider and focused his magic power. ?I?m not food and I won?t hurt you.? Neiro thought.

Slowly, the spider backed off and scuttled away into the forest.

Neiro smiled a little, proud of his successful and bloodless defeat of the giant spider. He shouldered his pack. ?Now, off to kill the king.?
[/COLOR][/FONT]