OtakuBoards

The Traveling-glass [PG-VLS]

Hayama

[FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=DarkRed][LEFT]Salima looks at her future self not really interested. She saw Loki awe her future self for a few but regain himself quickly. Salima really didn't like the future her. The F.Salima was wearing black pleather pants with a red tank top. She didn't wear a cloak like the real Salima usually does.
"I guess I turned into a real scank,"Salima said putting her hands on her hips eyeing herself.

F.Salima smiled calmly and says," And I see the past me is still into the dark look and that sassy attitude of mine. I still have it too anyways. Guess I'll never grow up in life." She sighed deeply at this own comment she made humoring herself.

Salima glared at her future self but didn't say anything. "Where mother and father?"

"Inside,"F.Salima said,"and yes they will be a bit upset when you see them again in the near future. It will be about another 5 months until you finally see them again. When you do you will be greatly upset."

"Why,"Salima asked becoming serious now.

F.Salima couldn't look her past self in the eyes but Salima saw all she wanted to see looking in her eyes. She knew the heart ache she would have to face once she gotten home. She knew that someone she had love and dispise all at once was no longer with them.

"It's brother, isn't it,"was all she could mutter through a hoarse voice.

F.Salima just nodded still not looking her in the eyes. Salima turned away. "I don't want to see them...I'm going to go for a while,"she said turning on her heels tears falling from her face looking like small glass crystals as she walked steadly away from the group.

"Great, another one leaves us,"Salima heard Edgara mutter to herself,"we are suppose to stick together." But at the moment, Salima just wanted to cry the pain away before going anywhere.[I]'My brother. My only brother. How can he have died?! Why must it have been him?! Why,'[/I]Salima said to herself walking up a hill.[/LEFT][/COLOR][/FONT]

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Loki caught her by the shoulder and walked with her. "I know this really isn't any of my busniess, but if it helps i lost my entire family and it was my own brothers that killed htem. But what is your fanily like, all I know is terror in the mother's eyes when they see me and as they are guarding their children"

"Ayumu, tell me, what are you fighting for now? Are you still as angry as I am now?" The present Ayumu asked, a little irritated.

"WEll, lets see. You power has grown so much, many people fear you. But, out of the many that fear, even more depend on your strength. I realized this about a year afte training Lokin." F-Ayumu said, a smile on his face.

"What do you mean? Why do I change? I like the fact that people are affraid of me." Ayumu said, smiling.

"Well, when Lokin absorbs the wrong soul, he gets very sick. His aura nearly dissapears. It lasts about two months. Something I have never seen before. That day, his body rejected a soul, and that soul took its revenge." F-Ayumu said, looking at the ground.

"My guess is thats when you realized that there are more people out there that need help. Wonderful. I have one more question." Ayumu said, lookind at the furture Ayumu.

"I want to see if I was able to do it." Ayumu said, smiling.

Seeing everyone else walk off and leave her standing there, Edgar shrugged and searched for her self. There were things she needed to take care of. Looking around, she knew just where to go. After a bit of a walk, she came up from behind the Future Edgara, noting the different cloak. And a decorative border.

The future her turned around. [B]"I knew you would find me," [/B] she said motioning aside. The two talked as they walked along the battlements.

[B]"I presume there was no avoiding this?are those bastards still alive?"
"No, they died in the invasion as you will be happy to hear."[/B]

Edgar glanced about, looking at the combination of both kinds of elves working along side Humans and demons. [B]"Amazing?Hey, does it ever get easier?"[/B]

Future Edgara grinned a little. [B]"If you mean trusting the group you hang around with, yes. You'll even learn to call them friends. There are other surprises, but I cannot say for risk reasons."

"Of course. I see I've been promoted?" [/B] Edgar noted, seeing that there were no arrows accompanying the bow anymore.[B] "Weapon change too?"

"First, yes. First Commander of the Elite Shadow Squad?You turn down the militant advisor position for reasons I believe you already know. As for the weapon, no. Same old trusty bow."

"Good, I don't know what I would do without it. I see somebody has taught me a little minor magic then, but I will not ask. By the way, I have that scroll we vowed to protect. I trust Grev arrived with the Diamond Eye like he promised?"

"Yes. Believe it or not, it DID help greatly. Just wasn't enough to convince them." [/B]

The two stood in silence, just looking at each other for a minute. She hadn't really changed all that much then. Age aside of course.

[FONT=Arial] Gale stood there speechless. He was staring at his grave stone.
"Up, I wonder how I died. Pretty pathetic. Didn't even settle down and have a family. How this is a [I]long[/I] future." He backed away. He wasn't scared about himself dieing, never mind he was. He went onto the streets, where a human was yelling to a crowd.
"Got a fine looking horse here. Nice brown coat, little old, but he's the fastest in the fortress!" Gale let his mouth fly wide open.
"MAXWELL!!!"
"Going for 40 pounds? 50?"
Gale couldn't believe it. Not that he could see his future horse..... HIs own very first horse [I]lives[/I] longer! Come on![/FONT]

Lokin nodded to Ayumu. "Yes and after that is when I changed my name" He walked down teh street and found Gale staring at his horse. "I'll take it"

The man turned in surprise. "Commander Lokin, I will gladly give it to you for free"

Lokin took the horse and gave it to Gale. "Here. I'm pretty sure you would like to knopw how you died know wouldn't you"

[FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=DarkGreen]The conversation with his future self numbed Neiro a bit. It wasn?t as if he had been told anything new? but actually hearing it? it left Neiro with a lot to think about. He had decided to go for a walk around the city to clear his head.

It was then that Neiro saw it? A tree? An actual tree? In this place. It was true. Growing in a quiet corner of the marketplace was a huge, beautiful tree. Its greenness stood out against the greys and browns of the city. ?I?ll bet it makes the people happy, just to see this tree every morning,? Neiro mused. With a tired sigh, he sat down under it, his back against the trunk. Something in his bag clanked against the bark.

Neiro reached into his bag and pulled out the Traveling-glass. ?I guess it?ll take us home eventually,? Neiro whispered as his own face frowned up at him. ?But why are we here in the first place? Fate?? Neiro threw the mirror back into his bag, disgusted.

?I?m going to have to talk to Loki soon?? Neiro told himself as he gazed at the branches above him. He was still exhausted from using the Traveling-glass, from fighting those orcs, from everything. It was nice to just sit under the tree. He felt his power being recharged.[/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=DarkRed][LEFT]Salima whipped the tears from her face and looked over the horizon. "My mother is like any other mother. Of course she protects her kids during life threating situtations but other than that she is very kind and carries the aura of cinnamon around her. Her eyes are like mine but they carry more of a softer touch. That's probably why she wasn't the fighting type of person. My father on the other hand is the fighter and wanted my brother to be. He had the heart of a warrior but a soul of a child. You would never believe that he would act like such a kid when you saw him. Muscular and a very stern look when ever he talks or just looks at you. My family, at least to me, is something special and I never wanted to lose them. It's my fault that my brother is gone now," she said all this sinking down to the ground her eyes slowly filled with tears again but she didn't let them fall.
She sniffed from time to time trying to control herself to stop these useless emtions. She heard Loki sit next to her, his eyes just on her. It gave her this weird feeling. Like she was giving herself away to him little by little in small peices. Then she suddenly, for no apparent reason or maybe she just needed someone with her, rest her head on his shoulder her hair falling onto her face barely revealing the tears the fell down her face. She mutter something softely under her breath but he didn't hear and she was partly thankful for it.[/LEFT][/COLOR][/FONT]

Loki slowly put his amr around her, holding her tight but gently. In the distance he heard a war horn, but he didn't want to fight right now, he was happy. He stood up and helped hr up. "You need to see your parents, what I would give to see mine"

"But you need to help wit the fight outside"

"Our future selfs are here, so I don't think there will be any problem" He led her to her parents house and stood in front of it. "Here you go" He looked around nervously. "I guess...uh.. I will wait...here"

"Of course, but you will have to fight by my side for this next little battle." F-Ayumu said, looking the present Ayumu over.

"No problem. What are we fighting? Is it more orcs? Those things get on my nerves." Present Ayumu said, clenching his fist.

"Most likely, but there has been some other creatures as well." He began to walk twards the gate, waving at anyone who looked at him.

"Wait a second, why is it that all of these people cherrish you?" Present Ayumu said, catching up.

"Because they depend on my to protect them. I really do not care if they like me or not, I will try to save them none the less." F-Ayumu said as they reached the gates.

"Lokin, we shall take this side. I need to teach why I have become stronger." F-Ayumu yelled over to Lokin, who only nodded.

"Now, Ayumu, show me your strongest soul." F-Ayumu sait turning to present Ayumu.

"Ok, if you say so." Ayumu said, with a smirk. Suddenly, he began to grow black leathery wings, then he began to grow taller. His body began to turn black as a clear mask began to cover his face. After about another ten seconds, he stood up tall, like a giand bat like demon.

"Well, you are farther than I was back then, but no where close to what I am at right now." F-Ayumu said hunching over. The area around him began to grow dark as giant horns began to sprout out of his back. Then he began to grow twice as big as present Ayumu was right now. His skin turned to a dark red, and a balck mask covered his face. He let out a blood curling scream as giant red leathery wings grew out of his back and spread out. He stood up tall, revealing a devil like demon that seemed to have a solid black aura pulsating off of his body.

"But, thats. How did you come to control Zyroth? Even dad couldn't do that." Present Ayumu said, mouth wide open.

"Well, lets say that you must go on the brink of insanity to be able to actually see this demon. But, the truth is that I found dad about two years after the castle incident. He had gone mad and attacked me. I could only do one thing to stop him." F-Ayumu said looking over the gates.

"I undertand. You took all the souls out of dad's body, and when they fused, you had gotten Zyroth." Present Ayumu said, looking down.

"The good news is that it did not kill him, but he will never be the same agian." F-Ayumu said, creating a black ball in his hand, "Get ready."

[FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=DarkGreen]After resting for a bit, Neiro took up walking again. He soon found himself on a residential end of town. Nice little houses lined the street? and standing in the middle of the street? was Loki. He was staring up at the house, watching Salmina go towards the house.

?Loki!? Neiro called.

Loki turned to look at him.

?I need to talk to you??

?Then talk,? Loki responded.

Neiro sighed. ?I?ve said some pretty bad things lately. Stupid things. Childish things. Mean things. Talking with my future self made me realize that. I just wanted to say that I?m sorry? and that?? Neiro narrowed his eyes, ?I plan on fighting with everything I have from now on.?[/COLOR][/FONT]

The calm before the storm?things were quiet as the place seemed to prepare for something.

Edgar walked about, and a dark shape in the sky caught her attention. Very small, but there nonetheless. She half leaned over a rail, even [I]her[/I] eyes straining to make out sufficient detail on the winged beast. Vulturish?It was very far away still, but that was weird. To her knowledge they hadn't been seen about in over a few millennia. Far too long ago for humans to know of them, but long enough even for elves and demons to start doubting their continuing presence in the world. [B]"Ak-Baba?"[/B] she hissed.

They were fairly few in number, these rather large birds of prey, and rumored to have been hibernating until a certain force would awake. Other, more recent tales had branched off because of increasing skeptics and claimed they were most likely dead. If one had awoken, then the others must be lying in wait. She watched the bird silently dip down and pick off some sort of animal off the ground before turning around and flying back in the direction it had come form. So the final attack was no to come yet, they had some time. She hadn't realized it, but one hand was reflexively on her bow in worry.

One glance showed her that her future self had not seen it, she was too busy ushering a small child away to another area. The present Edgar met the young boy's eyes for the briefest moment. Shock and curiosity, as if seeing a ghost. Strange. Edgar mentally shrugged it off, not wanting to think too much about it. She needed to find at least one of her companions and tell them what she had seen.

A darker force had awakened, one that had not been felt on the lands for quite some time. This was bad. Very bad. Coming upon the present Neiro and Loki, she forgot all about her mental promise to not call him a kid. [B]"Hey kid, I have really bad news. The Ak-baba have apparently awoken. This is grave. You don't by any chance know where everyone else is, do you?"[/B]

[FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=DarkGreen]?The [I]what[/I] has awoken?? Neiro asked, frowning a little because she had called him ?kid? again. ?I?ve never heard of such a thing... but if you say that?s a bad thing, I guess I believe you. I don?t know where anyone else is? I was alone until I ran into Loki.?

He didn?t like the ?you?re useless? glare that Edgar gave him.

?But I?ll help you fight it, whatever it is,? Neiro added.[/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=DarkRed][LEFT]Salima came out the house a bit satisfied with her conversation with her folks. She then took notice of Edgar and her very stern look as she looked at Neiro and Loki.

"What is going on,"she said approaching them.

"The Ak-Baba have awoken,"Edgar said the face expression staying the same," you know about them, right Salima?"

"Slightly, yes,"was her only reply,"But the stories said that they had died years ago."

"Apparently not. They've awoken and its bad. We must find the rest of our companions,"Edgar said walking off as the others followed closely behind her.[/LEFT][/COLOR][/FONT]

[B]"Aparently from what WAS told to me almost a century ago, these vulturish things where up and about like any other creature before the final fall of some dark power. They started to die out as a spiecies, than dissappeard completely. Hence the different tales of fate for the creatures. If they have awoken, that sugests the old power is back."[/B] her eyes darted to the sky breifly, worring about a second.

Edgar had no idea just how many would be in existance. She hoped it would be few...very few.

[FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=DarkRed][LEFT]"Heh, I don't see what the big deal is. The Ak-Baba have awoken, so what? They are no match for our present self and our future self,"Salima said thrusting for a fight. And not an easy fight more of a challenge of a fight.

"That's probably not such a good idea. We shouldn't just rush into battle without knowing about our enemies. They could contain powers that we have never heard of. This isn't our time. This isn't our place. Everything is different here. A maxium of different,"said Edgar.

Salima didn't say anything just looked down at the ground. [I]''Maybe she is right,''[/I]she thought to herself as she looked off in the distance at the tiny little dots that appeared to be coming closer.[/LEFT][/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=DarkGreen]Neiro frowned. He didn?t like the sound of these Ak-Baba things. ?Tell me one thing?? Neiro said, turning to Edgar. ?Are these things living? or something else??

Edgar glared at him. ?This is no time for your childish pacifism.?

?No,? Neiro sighed, ?That?s not what I mean. If they?re living things? I can destroy them much easier. If they?re zombies conjured by magic, or something like that, I?ll only be able to restrain them. So, what are they??[/COLOR][/FONT]

Edgar placed two fingers on her forehead and closed her eyes for a moment. [B]"The one I saw...I'm pretty sure was alive. Others, I cannot speak for." [/B]

She looked at the stares she was getting from everyone.[B] "What? Am I suposed to know everything?"[/B] she asked a bit irritated.

Both Ayumus changed back to normal and walked over to the group. "Hey, there are more of them on the way."Present Ayumu said, looking at everyone.

"Yes, and they seem to be gathering a large group."F-Ayumu said, looking at Lokin.

"So, you think they want revenge?" Lokin asked, looking down at his hand.

"What are you talking about? Revenge? What have you done to make them want revenge?" Edgar asked, anger growning on her face.

"It was about a year ago, and me and Ayumu were on patrol in the north secter. We found a cave with alot of demons in it. It looked like they were having a feast." Lokin said, turning to Edgar.

"It was horrible. AFter about an hour of fighting, we were finally able to get all of the demons out and see what they were feasting on. There were two of them, dead on the ground."F-Ayumu said, looking at the sky.

"Those two demons were still in one peice on the ground so we were able to steal their souls." Lokin said as the horn went off agian.