OtakuBoards

Best Anime Game

Guest DarkAlex0706

Personally I think that the Lunar series is one of the best anime games ever made.

I especially liked Lunar 2 Eternal blue, as the characters themselves were very entertaining and quite loveable. I also liked how they incorporated over an hour of beautifully done anime cut scenes throughout the game. It really gave life to the characters.

Another one that I think is quite excellent is Tales of Symphonia. The flexibility of the characters made it quite fun to play and entertaining as depending upon which character you choose to control it would change the responses you got from the various players and townspeople through out the game.

It also was fun, as building trust with the different characters would change which person was by your side for important events. Giving you seven variations on how the story would finish. The basic ending was the same but interactions between Lloyd and the others would vary. And some of the side quests were absolutely hilarious to complete.

I too think that the Lunar series is one of the best anime games ever made.

I really like playing both Lunar 2 Eternal Blue and Lunar: Silver Star Story as the characters in both are very entertaining. I also loved the anime cut scenes they made for them as they really do bring the characters to life. The game play may be an older SNES style but the character personalities and the anime cut scenes more than make up for it.

I also thought Tales of Symphonia was one of the better anime games produced. The real time battle system, interaction between characters and interesting side quests give the series a depth that others seem to lack. The only thing I felt was lack was that there were so few anime cut scenes made for it. In that respect it was a tiny bit disappointing. But it is still one of my favorites anyway.

[COLOR=Blue]Most anime based games are horrible. Why does good anime get bad games? But there are a few good anime games out there.
DBZ:Budokai 3, Gundam: Federation Vs. Zeon, Naruto, Gundam Vs. Zeta Gundam, and that's it I'm afraid. Most anime games are so-so, or bad. I hope to God that "Cowboy Bebop" will be good. Please let it be good..

"KAMEHAMEHA!"

Dragonboym2[/COLOR]

[quote name='Dragonboym2][COLOR=Blue']DBZ:Budokai 3, Gundam: Federation Vs. Zeon, Naruto, Gundam Vs. Zeta Gundam,[/COLOR][/quote]

Just like there's more than one DBZ game and more than one Gundam game out there, there's more than one Naruto game out there.

The only Naruto game that I played and [i]loved[/i] was Narutimetto Hero 2 (Narultimate Hero 2). Granted I've never played any of the Gekito Ninja Taisen, but there are still a lot of Naruto games that I just didn't enjoy.

[quote name='Dragonboym2][COLOR=Blue']and that's it I'm afraid.[/COLOR][/quote]

Not so. What about JUMP Superstars? That looks to be a good Anime game for the DS. Especially if you like the Shonen Jump characters. Even characters from that new Cartoon Network acquisition Bobobobo..whatever... are in it.

[quote name='Dragonboym2][COLOR=Blue']I hope to God that "Cowboy Bebop" will be good. Please let it be good..[/COLOR][/quote]

I played it. I was bored. You can't skip cinematics and you're basically following a path they give you and have very limited fighting moves that only work when the programmers want them to.

[quote name='DarkAlex0706][COLOR=Blue']I think the only good Anime game out is DBZ:B3[/COLOR][/quote]

Well, if you want good answers you have to be more specific. What console are you asking about? What kind of games are you interested in? RPGs? 2D Fighting? Sports? Racing? It makes a difference.

Do you want games that are drawn in the Anime-style or games that are inspired by Anime series? If it's the former, try Digital Devil Saga for Playstation 2. It's a different, darker game. Suikoden was apparently a good series for an RPG. It even inspired a manga. For the Gamecube apparently Tales of Symphonia was a good RPG.

Wasn't there a thread like this a while ago? lol

-ArV

The sad part, thier hasn't been a single anime game above mediocre this genearion of consoles. All the Dbz games have had an utterly broken, and repetitive battle system, I have not seen any other game where almost every move in the game for each person used the same button combonations. I have played the recent Inuyasha game, and it was so incredibly unbalanced I think they were actually endo boarding while they were making the game (Pun intended). Pretty much every other game isn't worth mentioning, due to either repetitiveness or mediocricy.

[quote name='Killer7]The sad part, thier hasn't been a [B]single [/B'] anime game above mediocre this genearion of consoles.[/quote]

I don't know how you can say that.

Narutimetto Hero 2 for the [B]PS2[/B] was one of the most fun games I played with my friends [b]ever[/b]. It's great as a multiplayer fighter and a one player RPG.

Kidou Senshi Gundam: Ichinen Sensou (Mobile Suit Gundam: One Year War) was the single greatest Gundam game ever, and it's also for the [B]PS2[/B].

Radiata Stories was a wonderfully fun Anime-style game for the Gamecube. (Edit: Radiata Stories is for [B]PS2[/B]. I don't know why I wrote it was for Gamecube.)

And as I said earlier, Tales of Symphonia is considered by some as one of the best Anime RPGs for the [B]Gamecube[/b].

If you want to go as deep as Handheld consoles, there are [b]TONS[/b] of Anime Games that are great for the [b]GBA[/b]. Prince of Tennis (Tennis no Ouji-sama), Prince of Everyone (Minna no Oujisama), Dragonball Advance Adventure. Those are all good games!
And of course, Hikaru no Go's Nintendo games are on of the most wonderful Go games ever.

Even if you DID play Dragonball Z and Inuyasha, you can't judge all the other games on your limited experience.

-ArV

[COLOR=Blue][SIZE=1]Radiata Stories is for PS2, not GC. With that aside I'd like to point out the fact that unless you, r2vq, are referring to anime based games as imports only...Not only is it unfair, its unjust. You can't go ahead and say that an import anime game is the best if only a select handful of people have played it here in America. I also would like to point out the fact that Tales of Symphonia and the DDS games were not anime before they were games.

I would like to agree with everyone on the fact that the DBZ Budokai fighting games were well polished and very fun despite being anime based games. Same with Shaman King on the GBA, and Ghost In The Shell: Stand Alone Complex was pretty good despite its MINOR flaws. How about Zoids: Battle Legends? Very good anime based videogames despite its MINOR flaws. What I'm getting at is that not all anime based games are good, and only a few are great but most are not bad by any means. [/SIZE] [/COLOR]

[quote name='Parabola][COLOR=Blue][SIZE=1]Radiata Stories is for PS2, not GC.[/SIZE'][/COLOR][/quote]

Thanks. I'm not sure why I wrote that.

[quote name='Parabola][COLOR=Blue][SIZE=1]With that aside I'd like to point out the fact that unless you, r2vq, are referring to anime based games as imports only...Not only is it unfair, its unjust. You can't go ahead and say that an import anime game is the best if only a select handful of people have played it here in America.[/SIZE'] [/COLOR][/quote]

I disagree. Although it is true that Anime Games are not as available in North America as they are in Japan, my statement was only in reply to Killer7's remark that "thier hasn't been a single anime game above mediocre this genearion of consoles." Even if the games I'm talking about are only imports they still exist for this generation of consoles.

[quote name='Parabola][COLOR=Blue][SIZE=1]I also would like to point out the fact that Tales of Symphonia and the DDS games were not anime before they were games.[/SIZE'] [/COLOR][/quote]

They were not games based on Anime, but nobody actually specified what they meant by "Anime Games". They are games created in the Anime style so I suggested them.

-ArV

Based on the fact that most 'Anime-based' games do not really fare as well as their programme counterparts, the deduced factor is the continued reused and worn-out story lines.

Generally, fresh programmes start out better than the evolved versions; Street Fighter Series did much better as a game rather than its television release. It is true vice-versa with the many examples expressed above.

But of course, fresh 'Anime' games, like Disgaea, with its original plots would do better than the 'Anime-based' rip-offs.

I do hope that the Disgaea Anime would not suffer in such an event, though...

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Warmaster
[quote name='Killer7']Sorry I meant to put American, and directly based of an anime. Obviously at least a few Japanese only anime games will be good, since they are the only country that can make good games.[/quote]
How unfair ^^ Bethesda Softworks is housed in Maryland, Bioware in Edmonton, Alberta, and Arena Net in Bellevue, Washington. Those people certainly know how to make good games.

American games based off an anime... how many of those are there? I think it's still mostly Japanese development houses that make games based on an anime series.

There is a Legend of Zelda anime though ^_^ (or at least a manga). So, my favourite anime game is Ocarina.

[COLOR=Purple][SIZE=1][FONT=Tahoma]Anime-based? Or just anime-ish? I can't think of any terribly great anime-based games (and it annoys the hell outta me when my friend starts going on and on...and on...about DBZ: budokai 2 & 3). Maybe I just have really limited knowledge in the field of anime-based games.

On the other hand, I'd like to say that some of the best games I've ever played are all anime in look, feel, and presentation. [U]La Pucelle[/U], [U]Phantom Brave[/U], [U]Makai Kingdom[/U]...and of course the best game of all time, [U]Disgaea[/U]. Strangely enough, all of these are Strategy RPGs. Is there some kind of connection there? Or am I just freakin' out?

Anyways, yeah. Anime-based games aren't really doing too hot. But I have Disgaea to make me feel better, so it's okay. :catgirl: [/FONT] [/SIZE] [/COLOR]

Guest Warmaster
Oh, I almost forgot about a pretty decent one. The 3rd Naruto fighting game for Gamecube (a friend of mine imported it from Japan) is not bad. It's better than the other games directly based off an anime that I've played (unless I don't know enough anime series).

I know Dragonball Advance Adventures is a fun game its hard to find it, but its sweet beat the game through as Goku and you replay it as Krillin from when Goku first meets Bulma to the final Confrontation with King Piccolo.

I also like Phantom Brave, Disgeae, and Makai Kingdom one of the best PS2 RPG Trilogys ever.

I also like Tales of Symphonia on GC I am planning on getting a Gamecube just to get it since Japan only released the PS2 Version in Japan. Why didn't they release the Tales of Symphonia PS2 version here too they said the PS2 version had more refined graphics, more Tech moves, and better spells and they looked even more sharp and amazing.

Personally my favorite anime style video game is the Shin megumi Tensei series. This includes the digital demon sagas part one and two which were both amazing games and great for newbies and veterans alike. I would advise this game series to anyone esspecially Shin Megumi Tensei: Nocturne, talk about a 10 for 10 on an RPG.

[font=Verdana][color=blue]I'm going to have to say my favorite anime-based game is Dragon Ball Z: Budokai 3. Now, I am not usually a fan of fighting games (there are only a few I like) but this game got me hooked right away. There's just something about the number of characters, different moves, and constant motion and action of the battles that just keeps me coming back for more. I couldn't get enough of it from the very first time I played at my friend's house and then a bunch of my friends started playing it. It kept us occupied for a long time and I'm still playing it a bit today (in preparation for the next game in the series).[/color][/font]
[font=Verdana][color=blue][/color][/font]
[font=Verdana][color=blue]That said, I'm also looking forward to Budokai Tenkaichi very much. I'm a bit disappointed that they [spoiler]did away with the transformations, opting instead to make each transformation a separate character,[/spoiler] though I can see that also being sort of interesting. Luckily, I'll be able to tell first hand soon as it comes out next Tuesday or Wednesday.[/color][/font]

[QUOTE=Petie][font=Verdana][color=blue]I'm going to have to say my favorite anime-based game is Dragon Ball Z: Budokai 3. Now, I am not usually a fan of fighting games (there are only a few I like) but this game got me hooked right away. There's just something about the number of characters, different moves, and constant motion and action of the battles that just keeps me coming back for more. I couldn't get enough of it from the very first time I played at my friend's house and then a bunch of my friends started playing it. It kept us occupied for a long time and I'm still playing it a bit today (in preparation for the next game in the series).[/color][/font]
[font=Verdana][color=blue][/color][/font]
[font=Verdana][color=blue]That said, I'm also looking forward to Budokai Tenkaichi very much. I'm a bit disappointed that they [spoiler]did away with the transformations, opting instead to make each transformation a separate character,[/spoiler] though I can see that also being sort of interesting. Luckily, I'll be able to tell first hand soon as it comes out next Tuesday or Wednesday.[/color][/font][/QUOTE]

They did what are you kidding why do you have that as a spoiler Petie if it comes out in less than a month every by now should have seen that on the internet or on a review for the game.

[quote name='Inuyasha7271']They did what are you kidding why do you have that as a spoiler Petie if it comes out in less than a month every by now should have seen that on the internet or on a review for the game.[/quote][font=Verdana][color=blue]I added the spoiler because chances are, there are some people on this site that do not know that and I don't want to ruin anything for anyone. If you're not sure, it's always better to add the spoiler tags than to leave them out.[/color][/font]
[font=Verdana][color=#0000ff][/color][/font]
[font=Verdana][color=#0000ff]Also, please use proper grammar and punctuation when you post. It took me a minute to figure out what you were trying to say because your entire post is one, long sentence. (Shinmaru, I know this is not my forum to moderate but I figured I'd mention it while I was replying).[/color][/font]

[quote]I love the game Gundam---Mobile Suit Gundam:Federation vs. Zeon. Its arcade styling and great gameplay keep bring me back daily.[/quote]

I can't really say the gameplay is great, but recently they came out with a semi-sequel. Mobile Suit Gundam: Gundam vs. Zeta Gundam came out a few months and it is alot better. More mobile suits (around 70 I think), more missions, more unlockables, and better gameplay, make it a big YES for fans of FvsZ.

Guest babydensity
Well the only anmie games i like so far is the DBZ and FullMetal Alchemist games, i had played another anime games but kinda sucks or really sucks :animesigh lol

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=Navy]I would have to say that The Legend of Dragoon would have to be a good anime game. I mean, has anyone ever played this game before?? It's so awesome and everything is totally anime wise. Also, the graphics are pretty good for a PS1 game, I would say[/COLOR][/FONT]. :animeswea [FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=Navy]But, I also think that Phantom Brave would have to go on my list too...[/[/COLOR]FONT]

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Doomberg
[COLOR=DarkRed]I think if I had to choose i'd probaly say the ghost in the shell stand alone conplex game was good/also if were talking about with games that have anime in it id say valkerie profile rare as ****.am reseiving in mail in about 3 weeks!!! YAAAAAAAAA [/COLOR] :D