OtakuBoards

GameCube: The Fastest Selling Console Ever

James

[color=crimson][size=1]Despite people's opinions as to pro or anti GameCube...I thought I'd post this for the naysayers out there (and for those of us who are interested in anything gaming).

This article is copied from [url]http://cube.ign.com[/url][/color][/size]

"Nintendo announced today that its GameCube platform is the fastest selling of the three next-generation systems. The company also declared that its flagship offering Luigi's Mansion is the most popular launch title in history.

According to Nintendo, GameCube sold more than one-half million units during the first week of availability. The firm claimed that its machine sold at nearly twice the rate of Microsoft's Xbox system and 25 percent faster than Sony's PlayStation 2 when it debuted last year.

Initial North American shipments numbered 740,000 hardware units. 100,000 systems went to Canada and Latin America and another 75,000 to US rental stores. Nintendo said that all of the 80 percent shipments to retailers have sold out, though new loads of 125,000 pieces are already arriving.

"To have outpaced any other videogame console launch ever would be notable in its own right," said Peter Main, executive vice president, sales and marketing, Nintendo of America. "But to accomplish this under the current economic conditions is truly remarkable. There is a seemingly endless appetite for high quality, stay-at-home entertainment at an affordable price -- which is a perfect definition of Nintendo GameCube."

Meanwhile, Nintendo alleged that its Luigi's Mansion game has sold at a phenomenal rate, even eclipsing debut sales of Super Mario 64 for its previous home platform. Star Wars Rogue Squadron: Rogue Leader II appears to be a strong second.

"At a suggested retail price of $199.95, consumers can purchase Nintendo GameCube and two games for the same cost as rival, current generation game consoles alone. It's like getting two games for free," Main added.
[color=crimson][size=1]

Even I didn't expect the GameCube to do this well, especially given the HUGE PlayStation 2 launch.

If things continue, it could very well put Nintendo back in top position in future (ala SNES era).

I'll certainly be interested to see what the December/Christmas sales are like.

(And please, don't anyone turn this into a debate thread...it's merely a piece of news that some people (particularly cube owners) might be interested in).[/color][/size]

[COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]Read this the other day. I was extremely happy about that bit of information ^_^ Will not post any numbers on the other systems, since I don't feel like getting yelled at, LOL, but will say that this is VERY good news for Nintendo, and I look forward to seeing them back on top :D
[/SIZE][/COLOR]

HAHA! Take that Microsoft! ok nevermind what I just said it just came out of my mouth couldn't help it.

This is ever good news for nintendo. Also it proves that nintendo doesn't suck just cause one of their systems wheren't great. It's going to be great having nintendo on top agains since it has always been my favorite.

Also, I'm sure Square is going to have a hard time staying away from the cube since it already has a large user base. The largest ever in this amount of time.

I think Nintendo made their biggest mistake yet by making the N64 run on cartridges. That made alot of game developers think twice about their games, bacause cartridges cost more to produce. But I'm not saying that's a bad thing, I personally like cartridges better than CDs.

I read that article before, and boy, am I happy about it!

Yes, I like cartridges for handhelds, but for consoles I like CDs/DVDs because they're cheaper, which makes the game cost less, and they can hold a lot more data.
I read an article about that a few days ago and I was overjoyed. I seem to remember laughing evily at Microsoft and Sony, because Nintendo is back and it's #1 again... Where it belongs...
I can't wait for Christmas, so I can get a GameCube! I'm counting the days... counting... counting..... UNTIL IT DRIVES ME INSANE!!!!! :drunk:

[SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]what do you mean... drives... u already are insane... and yes nintendo deserves to be #1 cause they have been around the longest... plus it is the coolest system at the moment ;)[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by kuja [/i]
[B][SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]what do you mean... drives... u already are insane...[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE]
well, I guess you've got me there... It drives me [I]more[/I] insane, okay?

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by nintendo_freak [/i]
[B]Yeah,Game Cube Is #1!I'm Gonna Get A Cube For X-mas(Cube-mas).SSBMelee And THPS3.My Friend Droped His X-box On His Foot,
And He Couldn't Walk For A Couple Of Days.Does anybody Have
A Pic Of The Game Cube Logo? [/B][/QUOTE]
Ask jcgoudy. He has all the Nintendo logos, and even has pics of the 3 ports on the bottom of the Gamcube. :smoke:

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Squashed Snail [/i]
[B]
Ask jcgoudy. He has all the Nintendo logos, and even has pics of the 3 ports on the bottom of the Gamcube. :smoke: [/B][/QUOTE]
[color=indigo]Ummm... No, I don't have pics of the ports on the bottom of the GCN, but I've seen them.
I [I]do[/I] have almost every Nintendo logo though. go to [URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5587]this[/URL] thread, where I've posted a .zip file with all my Nintendo logos (except the Pokémon logo) to see the GCN logo.[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James [/i]
[B][color=crimson][size=1]Despite people's opinions as to pro or anti GameCube...I thought I'd post this for the naysayers out there (and for those of us who are interested in anything gaming).

This article is copied from [url]http://cube.ign.com[/url][/color][/size]

"Nintendo announced today that its GameCube platform is the fastest selling of the three next-generation systems. The company also declared that its flagship offering Luigi's Mansion is the most popular launch title in history.

According to Nintendo, GameCube sold more than one-half million units during the first week of availability. The firm claimed that its machine sold at nearly twice the rate of Microsoft's Xbox system and 25 percent faster than Sony's PlayStation 2 when it debuted last year.

Initial North American shipments numbered 740,000 hardware units. 100,000 systems went to Canada and Latin America and another 75,000 to US rental stores. Nintendo said that all of the 80 percent shipments to retailers have sold out, though new loads of 125,000 pieces are already arriving.

"To have outpaced any other videogame console launch ever would be notable in its own right," said Peter Main, executive vice president, sales and marketing, Nintendo of America. "But to accomplish this under the current economic conditions is truly remarkable. There is a seemingly endless appetite for high quality, stay-at-home entertainment at an affordable price -- which is a perfect definition of Nintendo GameCube."

Meanwhile, Nintendo alleged that its Luigi's Mansion game has sold at a phenomenal rate, even eclipsing debut sales of Super Mario 64 for its previous home platform. Star Wars Rogue Squadron: Rogue Leader II appears to be a strong second.

"At a suggested retail price of $199.95, consumers can purchase Nintendo GameCube and two games for the same cost as rival, current generation game consoles alone. It's like getting two games for free," Main added.
[color=crimson][size=1]

Even I didn't expect the GameCube to do this well, especially given the HUGE PlayStation 2 launch.

If things continue, it could very well put Nintendo back in top position in future (ala SNES era).

I'll certainly be interested to see what the December/Christmas sales are like.

(And please, don't anyone turn this into a debate thread...it's merely a piece of news that some people (particularly cube owners) might be interested in).[/color][/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

I think one of the reasons why this is true is because out of all 3 systems its the cheapest and i guess people have the taste for those kind of games, for me, i personally dont like the majority of them.

[SIZE=1]Hmm, that is very good news for Nintendo, they are on top again as usual, after a long time of waiting.

The N64 had very good sales with cartridges, but they did cost alot, but then that saves ALOT of memory compared to the PSX's discs, and they didn't use a memory card either so it is kinda cheaper to make...[/SIZE]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by jcgoudy [/i]
[B]
[color=indigo]Ummm... No, I don't have pics of the ports on the bottom of the GCN, but I've seen them.
I [I]do[/I] have almost every Nintendo logo though. go to [URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5587]this[/URL] thread, where I've posted a .zip file with all my Nintendo logos (except the Pokémon logo) to see the GCN logo.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]
O, sorry jc. It must have been someone else I was thinking of? :smoke:

First of all N64 rocks cuz you don't have to wait for it to load. Game Cube rocks because of the series of other games are in it THPS3, SSB.Melee,etc. but Xbox (which I have) is like playing a computer game PS2 rocks also but my favorites are N64 andGame Cube. Plain and simple Game cube rules N64 rules it dosen't suck:therock: :therock: :freak: