OtakuBoards

One Hour

Derald

[FONT=Lucida Console][SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]Scenario:
You have contracted a fast-acting, lethal virus. Results confirm that you have but [B]one hour[/B] to live. What would you do?

I will give my answer when I think of it.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Guest kuroinuyoukai
:catgirl: I would call everyone I had wronged and make up with them. I would tell everyone I love them and pray real hard.

The scenario is unrealistic. The time between contraction of the virus, the onset of symptoms, and the results of a blood test would be considerable. To predict one's suspected survival to be within one hour is too baffling to even allow one to take it seriously.

Therefore, after being told of my situation, I would declare shenanigans on the doctors, sue them for millions of dollars, and live happily (and richly) ever after.

[quote name='Adahn']The scenario is unrealistic. The time between contraction of the virus, the onset of symptoms, and the results of a blood test would be considerable. To predict one's suspected survival to be within one hour is too baffling to even allow one to take it seriously.[/quote]

[FONT=Lucida Console][SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]Hey, can't you be unrealistic for a second? After all, why criticize this when you posted a thread on a magical frog.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[SIZE=1]Interesting, most interesting.

Alright so I have one hour to live with absolutely no hope of a cure being administered within that time period, and the question is, what would I do in that hour ? Well first things first I'd make peace with everyone I needed to make peace with, which would probably take far more than an hour, but for the sake of the discussion we'll say it'd take less than that. Secondly I'd say goodbye to my family and settle all my accounts as to who would get what when I die, there's nothing worse that people arguing at a funeral over who should be entitled to what. Thirdly and finally I'd go to my local Church, confess all my sins and be forgiven for them and pray quietly until the end comes.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Derald][font=Lucida Console][size=1][color=DarkRed]Hey, can't you be unrealistic for a second? After all, why criticize this when you posted a thread on a magical frog.[/color][/size'][/font][/quote]
I can't be anything other than realistic. If you look at my post, you can see that I'm not criticizing the thread, but rather responding to the scenario. I am intelligent enough to realize that it is complete b.s. If the doctors were right, then I suppose I wouldn't do anything special in my last living hour.

To sum it up, I would live my life as if it weren't about to end.

I would take a shotgun and go on a rampage. Might as well do those things that are deeply hidden in our minds, that we deny and fight to keep control of. I might aswell extend my circumstances to evryone else. But seriously I probaly just ask to be left alone so i can blow some stuff up.

[quote name='Adahn']The scenario is unrealistic.[/quote]

[color=crimson]Well, ****. I'd hope so.[/color]

[quote name='AnimeFront']I might aswell extend my circumstances to evryone else.[/quote]

[color=crimson]Such generosity is admirable.

I guess I'd try to find a place I'd be content in dying in, maybe take along a significant other or someone to keep me company. Try to find a place that was picturesque and calm. Maybe something with natural beauty and tranquility.. then just ease on out with that special someone into whatever is after this.

Or, you know, I could be lazy and go with the shotgun-rampage-thing. I guess I'd toss a coin or something. Hm.

Oh well. It's a close race between the two.[/color]

[quote name='AnimeFront']I would take a shotgun and go on a rampage. Might as well do those things that are deeply hidden in our minds, that we deny and fight to keep control of. I might aswell extend my circumstances to evryone else. But seriously I probaly just ask to be left alone so i can blow some stuff up.[/quote]

oh...Now, if I would do something like that, my luck would be that I would find out at the end of an hour that my doctor had just played a really mean joke on me, and then a police sniper would take me out from the rooftop of a nearby building. Not my kind of day. :animesigh

However, I guess I would want to be around the people I love. Of course, if I had their numbers readily available, I would take five minutes to basically make two word explitive phone calls to all of my butt-head ex-boyfriends. Then, I would sit back, relax, and have a drink with my family, hug my goddaughter, and give my boyfriend a kiss goodbye.

Wow. Is that depressing or what? :animedepr

[CENTER][SIZE=1]Steal a car and try to out-run the cops. Maybe crash into some stuff. Moon the live-action-cameras when I got caught. Pretty much what we'd all like to do, but know better.

Noone wants to spend thier lives in jail, but if your life's ending anyway...[/SIZE][/CENTER]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=Indigo]In theory i would hunt down the person who had caused me the most pain and drag them into the afterlife with me :animeangr :animesmil

A less violent option would be to enjoy my last hour with my closest friends and family, probably get absolutely wrecked safe in the knowledge that i wudnt wake up with a hangover :p

In reality i would prob cry my heart out 4 the whole hour and sit around with my (hopefully) equally upset friends and family and feel awful that i was causing them so much pain lol[/COLOR][/FONT]

• 2 weeks later...
[QUOTE=Derald][FONT=Lucida Console][SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]Scenario:
You have contracted a fast-acting, lethal virus. Results confirm that you have but [B]one hour[/B] to live. What would you do?

I will give my answer when I think of it.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

[size=1][color=slategray]This thread looks familiar.

I remember that I submitted a thread called 24hrs. to live, I didn't post a scenario however. But the thread disappeared. No idea where it's at.

At any rate back to your question. I would probably go see a preacher for about 15 minutes. Write out a cheap will (given the fact that I won't have time hire a attorney). Perphaps that will take 30 minutes (I'm a slow writer). And with the last 15 minutes I would want to spend it alone. I don't really like crowds.

[/color][/size]

[QUOTE=Shadow Blade][size=1][color=slategray]This thread looks familiar.
I remember that I submitted a thread called 24hrs. to live, I didn't post a scenario however. But the thread disappeared. No idea where it's at.[/color][/size][/QUOTE]
Hmm, perhaps much like the thread topic the thread itself only had 24 hours to live! It's gone to the dark depths of the dead thread graveyard. All joking aside it may have been one of those threads that mysteriously disappeared a few months back. Bummer.

As for this new thread I would have to say I would spend the last hour with my loved ones. As long as this mysterious virus wasn't going to be transmitted to my loved ones that is. I wouldn't do too much since spending time with my family would be the most important thing to me. I'd spend the time telling them how important they are to me and that I want them to be happy. I wouldn't do anything crazy like go on a killing spree or anything. I wouldn't want to waste my last moments on earth tracking down people to kill.

My big concern with doing something crazy would be that the diagnosis was wrong and then I would spend the rest of my natural life in prison. Oops!

[size=1]Well, to start, I'd shut up about the virus to everyone. If I have one hour to live, I don't want to spend it in a grave atmosphere. A part of the hour I'd use to write a letter and write anything in it that I feel like at that moment, for the people who I leave behind.

Second, I'd probably be thinking over a lot of religious things, just to make sure that there's not the least of doubt in the fact that I believe fully in God.

Now that you got me thinking, I really wouldn't know what to do after that. I would probably make sure everyone I know has a good image of me while I'm gone. No one shall miss out on my funeral >: O[/size]