OtakuBoards

Whats your favorite video game of all time!

Guest Doomberg

Guest Doomberg
[COLOR=DarkRed]What is your favorite video game of all time/mine would have to be silent hill 2 by far the best game hands down.also has the best storyline I have ever seen considering i have ben playing video games since the kileeko vision came out[/COLOR] :animesmil

Guest kuroinuyoukai
[quote name='Doomberg][COLOR=DarkRed]What is your favorite video game of all time/mine would have to be silent hill 2 by far the best game hands down.also has the best storyline I have ever seen considering i have ben playing video games since the kileeko vision came out[/COLOR'] :animesmil[/quote]

I have two favorites actually. They are actully pc games as I have no game console.
The first is Unreal Tournament and the other is Blood II:The Chosen by Monolith Games. I know they are old-but they are my favorites. I use Unreal Tournament to vent anger(I name the players the same thing as people i have a bone to pick with)and I find Blood II hilarious. If you stand still long enough, Caleb sings to you and some of the others tell poems or speak philosophically(did I spell that right?)! :catgirl:

There are so many games out there it's difficult to choose. I've been trying to expand my horizons as far as the type of games I've been playing but Role Playing still is my fav. Too date FFX or Star Ocean. But with the new Elder Scrolls coming out in about three weeks I'm thinking that's going to quickly become my new favorite.

Even though I don't play a lot of RPGs, my favorite game ever has to be Dragon Warrior Monsters. I have put no less than 1000 hours into four files across two cartridges. The breeding system was flawless, and while there were definately monsters that were weaker than others, no one was really overpowered. I could use 3 relatively common monsters to defeat just about anything with smart breeding and training. I can't wait for the new one on DS. No more worrying about the battery dying!

[COLOR=RoyalBlue]I cant choose between these 3 games for some reason. I love those games the music, the stories, And of coarse the romance in Lunar. Musashi I dunno why I like so much. I mean I know it's crappy graphics,but I thought it was fun, getting powers, fighting strange monsters. Getting action figures of the warriors so awsome. As for Wid Arms I liked the music, as well it had crappy graphics,But it's an RPG so i loved it. Lunar SSS the best game of all time (1 my favorites) had beautiful music, best for RPG graphics, best story,and cool role playing charecters.I cannot posssibly choose between these games they're so awsome and all anime[/COLOR]!!!! :p :rolleyes: :cool: :D ;) :animesmil :catgirl:

[quote name='kagomefruitcup][COLOR=RoyalBlue']As for Wid Arms I liked the music, as well it had crappy graphics,But it's an RPG so i loved it.[/COLOR][/quote]
Oh yeah, Wild Arms is one of my favorites as well. The series would have to be my favorite video game series :animesmil I think it's pretty unique, going away from where the hero is usually armed with a sword to a gun instead. The western theme is a great idea too.

[font=trebuchet ms]I enjoy a lot of games, I have very few games that I can call absolute favorites, but here's a few.

[b]Vagrant Story (PS):[/b] To me, this is the best game on the Playstation. This game chewed up some SRPG's and some Survival games, and spat out an adventure with more customization than you could shake a stick at for it's time. Everything about the game was done perfectly, the story parts were done well both in cinematics and style. I loved the whole gothic comic book motif. This game just made you feel cool for playing it.

[b]The Guardian Legend (NES):[/b] Wow, this game is weird. They combined a top-down shooter with Zelda. This game is just so hard to explain without you having already played it. Someone needs to make a sequel to this game with improved graphics and stuff. I should make a petition, lol.

[b]Soul Calibur II (Multi):[/b] So far, this game still holds out above SCIII in my heart. I felt like they did everything right with this game, nothing felt sub-par. SCIII is just too far a departure from SCII, and the English voices suck. So Soul Calibur II beats it, and remains one of my favorites.

I guess that's it.[/font]

Well I really like alot of the newer games like FFVII and Ico.....but my favorite game has to be the oldschool Genesis shooter Gunstar Heroes.
It had really good music, graphics (for the time), and the levels were awsome (like the board game and subway level).
Oh and there were lots and lots of explosions.

I hear they made a sequel on the GBA...but I never played it.

My all-time favorite game would have to be either Castlevania, Pac-man, or Pong. Sure those games are all of the main shelves of your local EB Games store but each one is unique in it's own special way.

I remember when I was a little kid playing my gameboy my mother told me how she'd went out and bought a Pong system. To this day I love playing Pong. I love playing newer games to but it doesn't mean the classics aren't great. Pac-Man was a really great game. Sure not too much variety but at the end you just can't stop playing.

Castlevania is definitely one of my favorites. How could it not be? The voice-overs are better than some current games. The storyline was good and it was fun to play. This game should be a model to all future RPGs, sadly, not everyone follows in this game's footsteps.

i do like some of the current games. I recently finished Battlefront II and loved it, but would I call it an 'all-time favorite', no.

[color=#4B0082]Please, peoples, read the [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=43464][u]Favorite Thread Guildelines[/u][/url] before posting in here or other favorite threads if you haven't already. I need to see at least some semblance of a real reason behind choices or else they get the boot.[/color]

My favorite game would have to be Metal Gear Solid 2 by the genius (and in my opinion the greatest game creator of all time) Hideo Kojima. With easily the most complex and interesting story ever, great character design (raiden doesn't count), original gameplay, and great graphics even for todays standards, it will never be beat.

[COLOR=Purple][b]Tales of Symphonia[/b]

By far my favorite game ever and reason enough for me to learn Japanese and import all the other Tales games.

[b]1.[/b] This game has an extraordinary battle system for an RPG. As you may or may not know, this game has a real-time battle system in which you actually run up to your enemies and attack them and use specials and stuff. You also have 3 teammates who attack with you. There are some other games like this (Radiata Stories, Star Ocean) but this game has advantages over them. The first being that in this game, you can string together immense combos and, if youre good enough, almost infinite. (Ive seen videos of people who string together hour-long combos). Another reasin is that, unlike in Star Ocean 3 and Radiata Stories, your partners have excellent AI. Not to mention you can play multiplayer if you want to, though I don't like it.

[b]2.[/b] This game has an excellent storyline. Certain aspects of it may be a bot cliche'd, but the overall story is very unique and there is an immense amount of backstpry, which I always love in a game.

[b]3. The Best Part.[/b] By far the best thing about Tales of Symphonia is the charachters. Each of the charachters has a slightly cliche'd, but lovable (or hateable) personality. Once you begin to learn more about the charachters, what happens to them actually matters to you. [spoiler]When Colette was becoming an angel and losing herself and everything that could possibly go wrong began going wrong[/spoiler] I cried. I grew so attached to the charachters, in fact, that I ended up writing a long series of fanfiction about them <_<[/COLOR]

Need for Speed: Underground. The first one, not the second one. The second one is okay, but it's too jazzed up. Another favorite is Gran Turismo 2. I LOVE racing games! They're just so fun to me. I love to slam into other cars and make them crash. Sometimes, I get a HUGE adrenaline rush from it. It's mostly just when I have tried, and tried, and yet again, tried, and just can't beat a race, and then I finally beat it. I haven't got a chance to check out Gran Turismo 3 or GT 4 yet. I don't have a PS2, so yeah.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Doomberg
[quote name='Morpheus']Even though I don't play a lot of RPGs, my favorite game ever has to be Dragon Warrior Monsters. I have put no less than 1000 hours into four files across two cartridges. The breeding system was flawless, and while there were definately monsters that were weaker than others, no one was really overpowered. I could use 3 relatively common monsters to defeat just about anything with smart breeding and training. I can't wait for the new one on DS. No more worrying about the battery dying![/quote]
I feel the same way dude thats like 3 or 4 on my list.Ive beaten the game like three or for times in a row and it never gets boring.pluse it has the best creater evolving system I have ever seen.that game will be up on my list for shere

Guest chobitslover90
Resident Evil 4 beacause the story is good and its action packed also its fairly challenging on harder modes which gives it lots of replay value

My three favorite video games are for gamecube first F-ZERO GX, this game is so awesome I got last year and I'm still not bored of it, second is super smash brothers melee I'm sure that lots of people like this game, and third is fire emblem path of radiance, turn based RPG games rule.[IMG]http://next.videogame.it/Immagini/articoli/3500/3650/thumbnails/f-zerogx_recensione_ngc_cover_T5.jpg[/IMG] (I'm new here so i'm not sure if the picture will display correctly)

[COLOR=DarkRed]My two/three favorite games are Kingdom Hearts and DDR, preferably MAX or Extreme 2. Kingdom Hearts was the first and only RPG that I played through. I really like the fighting system, the sword play and magic flow so smoothly. DDR is sort of an addiction for me. I started a little over a year ago, and I haven't been able to stop.[/COLOR]

Im sure most of you have never heard of this game but it is great ,1 of the first RPG's ive ever played called Crystalis for the NES. I dont konw why i love it but it is diffently int my top five. So if you have a chance and like really old school games DL on a rom for the NES is is definitly the best.