OtakuBoards

What is your favorite genre in movies and what is your fav movie?

Guest kuroinuyoukai

Guest kuroinuyoukai
What is your fav kind of movie and title of your fav movie?

My favorite kind of movie is horror and I guess one of my favs is "Interview with a Vampire" with Tom Cruise and Brad Pitt.
I watched the movie in the theatre and turned around and bought another ticket. I thought Pitt, Cruise, and Antonio Banderas were the most beautiful vamps ever. When I bought the movie, I watched it everyday. that is up until I bought"Blade". :catgirl:

[COLOR=DarkRed]I don't have a genre in particular. I'd have to say, though, that most of my favourite movies are from the Comedy genre.

Dr.Strangelove; or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb is probably my favourite movie of all time. It was direct by Stanley Kubrick, stared Peter Sellers, was completely black-and-white, and was so insanley hilarious it's never been matched. The best part about it is that it makes fun of the Cold War (Specifically the paranoia involved) during the Cold War, somthing so unthinkable at the time it's just incredible. The movie is just inexplicable. Its amazing.

[/COLOR]

[font=trebuchet ms]In the way that children are raised as Christians, I was raised as a horror/suspense movie lover. I do end up watching everything, but I enjoy horror movies the most.

I have several favorites: The Hole, Tangled, Saw II (as of Friday), Godsend, etc.

I also love Jim Carrey and Kevin Smith movies. All the movies are great, but I omitted them from the list and I'm saying this.[/font]

[quote name='RiflesAtRecess][font=trebuchet ms']Saw II (as of Friday)[/font][/quote][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Haha, saw that on saturday. It was actually pretty good even though I was afraid I might have nightmares for a few days, the plot was catchy.

My favorite type of movies would have to be between comedies (I love to laugh) and fantasy/action movies. I prefer action over horror, since I'm a major whimp when it comes to anything involving blood or needles. I'm getting better though. I also love inspirational or movies based on true stories. I couldn't pick a favorite movie because I have one for each genre I like. That's pretty much it. Oh and BTW, if you have needlephobia, I don't recommend you watch Saw II. [/SIZE][/FONT]

I'm not very particular at all about genres, as I'll watch just about anything if it's recommended to me, but I probably get the most enjoyment out of dark comedies. I love to laugh, and a really sharp, dark comedy will get me laughing like nothing else. Generally I also love animated movies and suspense/horror films. I like animation because I've seen so many animated films that are able to appeal to me as both a child and an adult. I think that animated films are really unappreciated in the grand scheme of things when it comes to being acknowledged as something beyond just being entertaining. And I like suspense and horror films, because I like the unique feeling you get when you watch a really terrifying movie. When I watch something like The Thing, Psycho, or Halloween, I know I'm going to have an experience unlike anything I'll get with another movie. :)

[quote name='Lafleur][COLOR=DarkRed']Dr.Strangelove; or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb is probably my favourite movie of all time. It was direct by Stanley Kubrick, stared Peter Sellers, was completely black-and-white, and was so insanley hilarious it's never been matched. The best part about it is that it makes fun of the Cold War (Specifically the paranoia involved) during the Cold War, somthing so unthinkable at the time it's just incredible. The movie is just inexplicable. Its amazing.[/COLOR][/quote]

You must have great taste in movies, because Dr. Strangelove is my favorite movie, too. :)

[QUOTE=Pumpkin][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Haha, saw that on saturday. It was actually pretty good even though I was afraid I might have nightmares for a few days, the plot was catchy.

Oh and BTW, if you have needlephobia, I don't recommend you watch Saw II. [/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

[font=trebuchet ms]Then again, Saw isn't exactly a good choice for people who suffer with phobias to begin with. I feel sorry for any hemophobic (or whatever the term is) people who get suckered into seeing this movie. The blood flows like booze at a frat party.[/font]

For some reason I'm a huge Zombie slasher fan, even thou there are only a few good ones. My personal favorites are Shaun of the Dead, Army of Darkness, and the original Night and Dawn of the Dead movies. All of those were classic. And I still like the other Romero movies, even just for being zombie movies.

[COLOR=Plum][FONT=Century Gothic]I total horror movie fan! I loved Saw, Saw II, Chainsaw massacare...er the movie from Rob Zombie. Also a big vampire fan. Anything that has vampires i watch. Even if it not scary..I'll even watch "The Little Vampire" two or three times ^.^[/FONT][/COLOR]

[SIZE=1]Interesting, most interesting.

As a man who loves movies outright, it would be wrong of me to say that I have a favourite genre and that anything outside said genre is watched without the same vigour and enjoyment that my favourite genre would be. At the end of the day any genre can have truly great movies and it's down to the viewer themselves to decide whether or not they like the film. In saying that however I do have a love of science fiction movies that spawned from a childhood of watching both Star Wars and Star Trek, hell I was born the year The Next Generation started.

As for my personal favourite movie, that honour lies to the film K-Pax which despite it's flaws is to me a true cinematic masterpiece which everyone should watch just to see what kind of reaction it provokes. The beauty of K-Pax is the way that is questions they very nature of that which we perceive the world around us, which is what most science fiction films do, but that none have done in such a fashion or as well as this has. The human quality to it is simply fantastic and I can't put into words properly how much I love this film for what it does and the score to the film itself is part of what sets to mood so wonderfully.[/SIZE]

Well I like romantic comedies, I know, also known as chick flicks. They are alright, well I mean after getting your heart broken is not natural for a person to watch a movie that reminds them of their passed relationship but I love them. My favorite movie is a walk to remember, I know....people don't have to tell me that they hate it, I already know

Lots of comedy and horror fans here! I think I'm going to side with comedy too, it just has the tendency to entertain me the most....and that's why we see movies XD although, I really love all sorts of movies, especially much older movies like Mr. Deeds =^_^= those old flicks are just so sweet, I can't help but like them.

As for favorite movie? I think I'm going to go with [B]Snatch[/B]. I never get tired of it and just such a great film. [B]Lock Stock...[/B] was good as well, but Snatch just went above and beyond it imo.

Guest Heero yuy
My favorite genre is cult indies...

Favorite movies: Donnie Darko, Cecile B. Demented and Office Space

[font=Verdana][color=blue]Please explain your choices in the future.[/color][/font]
[font=Verdana][color=blue]- Petie[/color][/font]

I love the action genre, but i also appreciate a good laugh. So action and adventure and comedy. Those are my two favorite genres.

My favorite movie is probably Kill Bill vol 1. Though...i've seen better movies/tv shows/animes....though i can't remember them right now. Hehe, but Kill Bill is definitely up there, way up there. DON'T MAKE ME OWN YOU WITH MY HATORI HANZO SWORD!!!

Later.

• 2 weeks later...
My favorite genre is horror and comedy my favorite horror is the grudge because its scary and it has a good story line, I like so many comedy movies I don't know what to put mmmmmmmmmm, well I guess I'll put my three favorite movies, first "waiting" this is the funniest movie I have ever seen, and the end was hilarios, then I like "harold and Cumar go to the white castle" (I am not sure if I spelled cumar correctly) this movie is kind of like waiting but waiting is better, and then there is "Deuce Bigalow European gigolow" another hilarios movie, these three movies will make you laugh for sure!

[size=1][color=slategray]My favorite genres are Comendy, Horror, Action, and Suspense. I know really nerdy favorites.

As for my favorite movie. I really don't know. I could say that I admire films by the movie director and writer M. Night Shyamalan. You know the guy behind the films of The Village, and Signs.

[/size][/color]

[FONT=COURIER NEW]My favorite genre of movie would have to be those weird psychotic thrillers (that always try to make you firgure out what exactly is going on), horror movies, and comedies.

As of now, one of my favorite movies happens to be "The Nightmare Before Christmas" which although it is in fact an "old" movie and quite "childish" according to my brother, I still find it very appealing. Another movie that I've always been a fan of is "Queen of the Damned" because, I too, am a fan of vampire movies, although "Blade" really doesn't fall under that category to me. Maybe because I've grown so tired of seeing it on T.V.

Another movie that I liked (although it did creep me out for more than a few days) was the "Amittyville Horor." The fact that all those things in that movie were based on actaul events was the thing that kept me up at night.

Finally, when it comes to comedies, I guess comedies don't really need a plot to me for them to be funny. Like "Napoleon Dynamite" I really didn't get what the plot of the movie was or what he and Pedro were trying to accomplish, but I didn't necessarily care. Just as long as the movie is funny, that's all that matters to me. :p[/FONT]

I'm a fan of Vin Diesel, so I guess I should say The Riddick series, includng Pitch Black, Dark Fury(anime movie), and The chronicles of Riddick.

I also like Lords of Dogtown, which is based on the Z-boys. The ring is tight too...even if I did have to glance at the floor every two seconds at night, to make sure a asian chick wasn't crawling to my bed...Wouldn't want to sleep with her crawling on me!

That came out wrong.... :animeblus

My favorite genre in movies is action although most of my favorite movies are comedies..... (ironic because I don't care for the comedy genre in animes)

To name a few of my favorites...

Pulp Fiction - Some people find this boring or don't understand the plot. I'm one of those people that don't understand it myself. I mainly look it this for the comedy it has to offer. (At the beginning where Sam Jackson and John Travolta met up with them guys in the apartment / hotel and then when [spoiler]John Travolta shot that guy in the face.....[/spoiler] Don't know why.... but I was cracking up.

Friday After Next - What can I say about this..... Money Mike, Damon, Day Day... I was cracking up at all of them.

Bad Boys 1 & 2, Hitch, Be Cool, Bruce Almighty, Diary of a Mad Black Woman, (I like all of the Madea plays) Money Talks, Rush Hour 1 & 2. All comedies.... yet action is "suppose" to be my favorite genre.