Jump to content
OtakuBoards

OtakuBoards Survivor: Game On! - Mog House [E]


Recommended Posts

Posted
[color=darkred][size=1]Dante had to fly away for a bit because of Finals. >.< I'm back now. So I'll make a post sometime soon.[/color][/size]
  • Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted
[quote name='^.^][Color=DarkBlue']Where'd Dante, Misturugi, and Samus go? :P[/color][/quote][color=#4B0082]Samus has a trig test tomorrow and has been doing homework/studying in preparation. :animesigh

Don't worry, though, I'm still here. After I catch up with the current goings on, I'll be writing a post.[/color]
Posted
[quote name='KKC][size=1']Lol, I had fun replying to Shinji's post. Pac-man is having withdrawl symptoms from the lack of blue pills XD [/size][/quote]

[size=1][color=crimson] I had alot of fun working that into my Lemmingsitters post too.

Poor Pac, he's feeling the grind not being high on his little blue pills, going cold turkey into the game was probably not the best diea, but he'll tough it out. He is, after all, a survivor of the ages, what's there to surviving without his pills really?

p.s, I might act slow on some occasions, my bandwith limit is exceeded so getting on here realy hits the wallet deep. :([/size][/color]
Posted
[B]The "Lemmingsitters" challenge is over[/B], and the winners are the [color=blue]Adventurers of the Blue Feather[/color]!

The other two teams have to vote one member out of their ranks by the end of this week (instructions on the game thread).

If you want reasons for my decision, here they come: the blue team didn't only post almost twice as much as the other teams, they all also wrote very funny stuff while still reading each other's posts and keeping the story intact. So yay for them! ;D

But this was only the first of many challenges. Next week we will have another one, with only sixteen contestants participating.

Now I'll wait for the incoming votes of the green and red teams.
Posted
[color=Purple][font=Trebuchet MS]Dag nabbit! I was quite pleased with my last post, and it turned out Sandy was closing the challenge while I was writing it ... ah well, deleted it to preserve continuity ...

Do we just vote for the person, or do we have to give reasons? And do we vote off who [b]we [/b]think should go, or who our [b]character[/b] would vote for? (Because in my case they're different.)
[/font][/color]
Posted
You don't have to give reasons to vote somebody out, and of course considering the game it would be best you voted out whoever you think should go (out-of-character).

But it's all the same to me, I just need a name. ;D Already got three votes...
Posted
[color=Purple][font=Trebuchet MS]Righty-oh. Having not played an OB Survivor or ever watched the show before, I was worried our characters would be put on the spot and asked to justify themselves [i]a la [/i]Weakest Link ("So, Ling Xiaoyu, why did you vote for xxx ...").[/font][/color]
Posted
Two of the eighteen initial players have been voted out: [B]Sinistra[/B] (Link) and [B]JimiWiggy11[/B] (Mitsurugi). Both of you are entitled to leave one last "goodbye" post to [I]this[/I] thread.

What came to the votes, I received all six votes from the [COLOR=green]Green Team[/COLOR] [size=1](well, five since Sinistra declined to name anybody but him/herself)[/size], and all of the votes went to the same person.

However I only got four votes from the [COLOR=Red]Red Team[/COLOR], but again, all named the same person, so I didn't see it necessary to prolong the inevitable.

Alas, with the voting over so soon, the next challenge is [I]probably[/I] starting either on Saturday or Sunday. Meanwhile, you can post your feelings about the first Team Council to the game thread, and of course your characters' everyday survival in their claustrophobic camps.

Game On(wards)!
Posted
Well, everybody can have their own theories about that, but in my opinion, as they are "just" videogame characters, they live in a sort of time loop, in which if they get deleted (like they did now), they can just hit the reset button and start all over again. But of course this theory is lacking...

So I really don't know. Why don't [I]you[/I] decide, Solo? ;P

PS. "Remember kids, [I]real[/I] life does not have a reset button!"
Posted
[Color=DarkBlue]Just as a quick note, due to various planned activities for this weekend, if the challenge starts and ends, then I can't participate. I apologize if it does end up this way.

^.^[/color]
Posted
[color=#4B0082]Yeah, I think it might be a good idea to hold off until Monday to start the next challenge. I've got family over during Thanksgiving break (Thursday through this weekend) here, and I'm not sure if there are any plans to do stuff this weekend. I imagine others are in similar situations. Either way, I'm going to try my best to avoid skipping out on it again, but it would make things easier to wait till Monday.[/color]
Posted
The [B]third challenge[/B] of the game, [B]Mushroomania[/B] has now begun!

The objective is to collect mushrooms that will make your character grow taller once touched. The trick is that [B]one[/B] player can only find [B]one[/B] mushroom in [B]one[/B] post, and that player must pick the mushroom self. However, in order to [B]win[/B] the challenge, [B]all[/B] the members of the team have to have grown in size, ie. picked mushrooms.

So if you feel your team has inactive members, you better start shaking them up and get their motivation going, because you will need them in this challenge. ;D

The challenge will [B]end in Wednesday[/B], so you have plenty of time to collect them shroomies. But waste no time, or the other teams might get a lead!

After this challenge, one player from both of the two losing teams will be joining JimiWiggy11 and Sinistra, that is, [I]evicted[/I].
Posted
[COLOR=#503F86]So... the winner is the one who gets all their team taller first, or is it just that you all need to be big by the end of the challenge (i.e. that the mushrooms' effects only last for one post)?[/COLOR]
Posted
Neither one, really.

The effect of the mushrooms lasts until the end of the challenge, [I]and[/I] it's cumulative, meaning the more you collect (ie. the more you post), the taller you(r character) gets.

When the challenge ends, I'll calculate which team's members are the tallest. So practically this isn't a speed challenge, or even a talent one - it requires activity from [I]all[/I] players.

For example team with two very tall (very active) members and four/three normal sized (non-active) members are proned to lose to a team with five/six tall (active) members, if you get what I mean.

But of course you're supposed to have fun while posting, so no stress. ;D
Posted
[color=#4B0082]Whoo. I'm liking this challenge. A lot. ^_^

A note to the rest of my team: As you can see, I took the image in Sandy's post literally and plopped us down at the start of World 1-1 in Super Mario Bros. The rest of you can continue on this route if you'd like, or do whatever, but I think going through the worlds (and maybe even finding a warp zone) would be really fun. You can find maps of the levels [url=http://www.themushroomkingdom.net/smb_breakdown.shtml#levels][u]here[/u][/url], to use as reference.[/color]
Posted
A [I]major[/I] whoopsie has happened! X/

The Blue Team, [color=blue]Adventurers[/color], were supposed to sit out one of their members, because they have one extra member...

But let's just say that I'll take into consideration that you have that "disadvantage" in your team, so that if one of you is unactive, I won't count him/her in. Consider that a reward from your last victory. ;D
Posted
[SIZE=1]So can you have other people in your post find a mushroom, or does it have to be you? For example if I post can I make, say, Crash find the mushroom for that post?[/SIZE]
Posted
No, the rules say that [B]you must use the mushroom you find yourself[/B] (also, one mushroom/post). It should be obvious since the challenge is about the whole team posting.

I know it might be hard to figure out how I'm judging the challenge, but I'll try to explain again.

Each time a player posts, he or she gets one point. The player can keep posting in order to stack more points, but they won't matter until the four other teammembers have also gained points.

When the team has points from all five members, they will enter to the second round.

The team with most such rounds will win. This means that even if only one member of one team doesn't post at all, and all of the other two teams do, that one is a sure loser, no matter how much the other members post.

The Blue Team is lucky enough to have their least active member cut off from the calculation - whoever that'll end up being.

Gah, now I'm only confusing you guys, but rest assured that [I]I know what I'm doing[/I]. ;D
Posted
[color=Purple][font=Trebuchet MS]So ... does every team member need one point before people's second points start counting?

That is, is it pointless to post your character finding a [b]second[/b] mushroom until every other team member has found [b]one[/b]?

Or am I overcomplicating things?
[/font][/color]
Posted
[COLOR=Navy]Hey, I was just wondering if there's a reward for winning this challenge since it wasn't mentioned in the thread.

And I'm also confused about how the point system works, I hope we can win this one, losing ain't fun.[/COLOR]
Posted
[B]Raiyuu[/B]: You are correct that [I]all[/I] team members need to have one post before their second posts start counting.

However, it's not [I]totally[/I] pointless if one keeps posting even if other teammembers haven't yet, for the gained points won't be nullified - there's just the risk that they won't get counted.

[B]Sakura[/B]: isn't avoiding the Team Council a good enough reward? ,:) And at this point, your team is actually leading.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...