OtakuBoards

"Ginger" and the Professor too?

Transtic Nerve

lol.

Anyway... have you all seen this thing... umm I think it's called "It" and it's nickname is "Ginger"... ::cough:: way to be original there....

It's a little scooter/alsh transport thingy thats supposed to change the world .... If you haven't seen it, just turn on your television, I'm sure it'll be on there.... your local news, etc.... it's actually really neato.... I think the inventor is gay, but that means nothing lol...

You stand on it... yeah here's a pic....

[url]http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20011203/capt.1007391631secret_invention_nyr102.jpg[/url]

So what do you all think?

No it's not avaliable... not till next year around this time in the least.... it'll go for about $3,000 American... I wouldn't mind one myself... but yeah.... i dunno how it's gonna change the world.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Transtic Nerve [/i]
[B]i dunno how it's gonna change the world. [/B][/QUOTE]

A cooler way to go down a hill? Anywho..............What the hell is it for??

well, those things look unsafe to me. you're riding along, and u run out of gas and you fall foward. or some car hits you. ouch.:blackeye:

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Son Goten [/i]
[B]well, those things look unsafe to me. you're riding along, and u run out of gas and you fall foward. or some car hits you. ouch.:blackeye: [/B][/QUOTE]

Well they are battery powered.... and they have a back up battery.... gas won't be a problem...

As far as changing the world... Beatings perhaps... I'm thinking the rise in obese people lol

[color=orangered][size=1]I am amazed by the Segway HT (Segway Human Transport is it's final name).

I think that, based on the posts I've seen here...most people don't understand what's so incredible about it.

Go to [url]http://www.segway.com[/url] to take a better look.

It's basically a platform with two wheels and handles. However, despite only having two weels and no engine...it stands up on its own. Its onboard software mimmicks human intertia and balance.

To move forward, you simply lean forward very slightly. It uses senors to detect your weight movement (however subtle) and starts silently rolling foward.

To turn, you just move your wrist slightly.

It's amazing.

It only requires 5c of electricity per day (for a full 28 kilometers of travel) to operate.

Apart from being awesome fun to use (the Amazon.com boss was skeptical before he tried it...and it was so magical and weird that he loved it and instantly wanted to buy one), it's also a big solution to a lot of problems.

For example, in developing countries where people can't afford cars...it's an ideal solution.

And it's great for elderly people who can neither drive (due to age), nor walk great distances.

The technology is absolutely groundbreaking. Even if you lean all the way forward...it won't tip over. That's because it's able to mimmick the human "inner-ear" in order to keep its balance.

I'm intrigued by it...and I can't wait to try one for myself when it is available.[/color][/size]