Transtic Nerve Posted December 3, 2001 Posted December 3, 2001 lol. Anyway... have you all seen this thing... umm I think it's called "It" and it's nickname is "Ginger"... ::cough:: way to be original there.... It's a little scooter/alsh transport thingy thats supposed to change the world .... If you haven't seen it, just turn on your television, I'm sure it'll be on there.... your local news, etc.... it's actually really neato.... I think the inventor is gay, but that means nothing lol... You stand on it... yeah here's a pic.... [url]http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20011203/capt.1007391631secret_invention_nyr102.jpg[/url] So what do you all think? No it's not avaliable... not till next year around this time in the least.... it'll go for about $3,000 American... I wouldn't mind one myself... but yeah.... i dunno how it's gonna change the world.
sleepy Posted December 3, 2001 Posted December 3, 2001 I read about this couple months ago or last year. I can't remember when, but I think it's something about without using gasoline as energy. It's very neat.
Darkness Posted December 4, 2001 Posted December 4, 2001 The concept is interesting, but I think the design is stupid-looking. It probably won't catch on until the price goes down some.
Guest Posted December 4, 2001 Posted December 4, 2001 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Transtic Nerve [/i] [B]i dunno how it's gonna change the world. [/B][/QUOTE] A cooler way to go down a hill? Anywho..............What the hell is it for??
amibasuki Posted December 4, 2001 Posted December 4, 2001 heh, it looks okay. I wouldn't buy one though, even if I [i]did[/i] have the money. bikes are much cheaper and work just fine.:cross:
Navi Posted December 4, 2001 Posted December 4, 2001 i think i'd rather have a skateboard though. i haven't seen those on tv yet..wait i don't watch tv =(. but i've seen those electronic cars around town here. they look pretty funky.
Guest Matt Posted December 4, 2001 Posted December 4, 2001 well, those things look unsafe to me. you're riding along, and u run out of gas and you fall foward. or some car hits you. ouch.:blackeye:
Adam Posted December 4, 2001 Posted December 4, 2001 I like, but I don't like as well. Seems way to nerdy and snobby for me to travel the streets of NY in. The technology is interesting though. -Adam
liamc2 Posted December 4, 2001 Posted December 4, 2001 that thing is seriously weird, I'd have to agree with son goten on the subject, that thing is seriously weird and dangerous.
Anna Posted December 4, 2001 Posted December 4, 2001 erm.................... *looks at the picture...* I think I'll remain neutral for now.... seeing as I still have no clue what exactly this thing is... or much about it. I wouldn't get on. I'll walk thanks.
Stormbringer Posted December 4, 2001 Posted December 4, 2001 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Transtic Nerve [/i] [B]i dunno how it's gonna change the world. [/B][/QUOTE] More fatal beatings round the world?
Transtic Nerve Posted December 4, 2001 Author Posted December 4, 2001 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Son Goten [/i] [B]well, those things look unsafe to me. you're riding along, and u run out of gas and you fall foward. or some car hits you. ouch.:blackeye: [/B][/QUOTE] Well they are battery powered.... and they have a back up battery.... gas won't be a problem... As far as changing the world... Beatings perhaps... I'm thinking the rise in obese people lol
liamc2 Posted December 4, 2001 Posted December 4, 2001 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Transtic Nerve [/i] [B] As far as changing the world... Beatings perhaps... I'm thinking the rise in obese people lol [/B][/QUOTE] I agree, i never thought of that lol:laugh: :laugh:
Stormbringer Posted December 4, 2001 Posted December 4, 2001 laziness is a weakness, and often times many people's very undoing
Ice Dragon v2 Posted December 4, 2001 Posted December 4, 2001 Yeah, I saw this on NBC last night. I think it's suppose to help people balance or something. To make it go, he said that you have to think in making it go forward or backward.
coolkam007 Posted December 4, 2001 Posted December 4, 2001 laziness isn't Always bad.. but its bad when your Always lazy ^_^ WALKING! walking is the answer.. those doohickys are really ugly.. o_O
Justin Posted December 4, 2001 Posted December 4, 2001 Damn, those are ugly. I guess I like the [i]idea[/i] of it but, yuck... -Justin
James Posted December 4, 2001 Posted December 4, 2001 [color=orangered][size=1]I am amazed by the Segway HT (Segway Human Transport is it's final name). I think that, based on the posts I've seen here...most people don't understand what's so incredible about it. Go to [url]http://www.segway.com[/url] to take a better look. It's basically a platform with two wheels and handles. However, despite only having two weels and no engine...it stands up on its own. Its onboard software mimmicks human intertia and balance. To move forward, you simply lean forward very slightly. It uses senors to detect your weight movement (however subtle) and starts silently rolling foward. To turn, you just move your wrist slightly. It's amazing. It only requires 5c of electricity per day (for a full 28 kilometers of travel) to operate. Apart from being awesome fun to use (the Amazon.com boss was skeptical before he tried it...and it was so magical and weird that he loved it and instantly wanted to buy one), it's also a big solution to a lot of problems. For example, in developing countries where people can't afford cars...it's an ideal solution. And it's great for elderly people who can neither drive (due to age), nor walk great distances. The technology is absolutely groundbreaking. Even if you lean all the way forward...it won't tip over. That's because it's able to mimmick the human "inner-ear" in order to keep its balance. I'm intrigued by it...and I can't wait to try one for myself when it is available.[/color][/size]
9mm Avenger Posted December 4, 2001 Posted December 4, 2001 [color=royalblue]Uggh, that thing is ugly. Also, ppl are gonna complain the have to stand on it. There will be seats...And a stering wheel. And a bigger engine! And then it'll be a car.[/color]
Lady Macaiodh Posted December 4, 2001 Posted December 4, 2001 LOL transtic, when you said it was called "It" i could've sworn you were talking about mr. garrison's "it" from south park... p.s. i would never buy either "it"...
Transtic Nerve Posted December 4, 2001 Author Posted December 4, 2001 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Lady Macaiodh [/i] [B]LOL transtic, when you said it was called "It" i could've sworn you were talking about mr. garrison's "it" from south park... p.s. i would never buy either "it"... [/B][/QUOTE] mmmmm yeah.... I'd buy Mr. Garrison's It in a heart beat lol!
Lady Macaiodh Posted December 4, 2001 Posted December 4, 2001 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Transtic Nerve [/i] [B] mmmmm yeah.... I'd buy Mr. Garrison's It in a heart beat lol! [/B][/QUOTE] GAH! mental picture! MENTAL PICTURE!!
liamc2 Posted December 4, 2001 Posted December 4, 2001 hey i saw those things on tv, i like to withdraw my other statement about the machine and say, its pretty cool
Posthumous Posted December 5, 2001 Posted December 5, 2001 I saw it on T.V yesterday.I didn't like it.It looked weired.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now