sakurasuka Posted February 4, 2006 Posted February 4, 2006 [size=1]I must say, "Lack of Slacks" had me laughing for a solid three minutes or so. Good stuff, most definitely =D Keep it up, we all need more![/size]
Dragon Warrior Posted February 5, 2006 Author Posted February 5, 2006 Sean and I came up with this one at a party last night. Not sure how... [center][img]http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/7866/slackers689eu.jpg[/img][/center]
Retribution Posted February 5, 2006 Posted February 5, 2006 [size=1]Actually, "This Just Got Awkward" was ... awesome. Wonderful job on it. I've noticed that I don't really laugh when I read these, but I do find them amusing. I have no idea why. Could you post like a multi-celled comic one of these days?[/size]
Dragon Warrior Posted February 6, 2006 Author Posted February 6, 2006 It's SIS tradition that we only do one-frame comics. Sean and I have been considering a second comic series that'll only be updated every so often, but have a plot and better graphics. Maybe that'll be where you'll get your fix. [center][img]http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/4678/slackers693zw.jpg[/img] [URL=http://www.myspace.com/sinslacks][img]http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/2803/sislink8mv.jpg[/img][/URL] Huzzah! Slackers In Slacks has arrived on Myspace! Check it out for special goodies found nowhere else (well... sooner or later...)![/center]
John Posted February 6, 2006 Posted February 6, 2006 Yes, single-panel comics are teh best. Much more fitting for this type of humor, anyway. And hooray for mySpace! (Never thought I'd say [i]that[/i].)
Dragon Warrior Posted February 7, 2006 Author Posted February 7, 2006 Woot for single-frame! [center][img]http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/6849/slackers705my.jpg[/img][/center]
Dagger Posted February 7, 2006 Posted February 7, 2006 "When Mom Jokes Fail" wins at everything. That said, MySpace makes me leery, but I'll go take a gander at your page. I didn't even realize that Slackers In Slacks had an official site (aside from the new MySpace thingie, I mean). Goes to show how observant I've been lately... :animeswea Anyway, keep up the good work! *pumps fist* ~Dagger~
Dragon Warrior Posted February 9, 2006 Author Posted February 9, 2006 Fun facts are fun. [center][img]http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/1539/slackers716tq.jpg[/img] -------- [img]http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/3851/slackers722qi.jpg[/img][/center]
Dagger Posted February 9, 2006 Posted February 9, 2006 Haha, okay, I actually laughed out loud while reading "The Chosen One?" Almost to the point of rolling on the floor. Personally, I'd say that's your best yet, although it could just be my sense of humor speaking. The background is a nice touch. ~Dagger~
Ikillion Posted February 9, 2006 Posted February 9, 2006 [COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS]I dont think I can even look at fun fact #2 withouth laughing some. Isnt it sllightly odd how the doctor looks like he is happy when he is saying that..? Exactly..I soooo smell a lawsuit..[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
Dragon Warrior Posted February 11, 2006 Author Posted February 11, 2006 Yay for bad doodles! [center][img]http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/4633/slackers739wr.jpg[/img] -------- [img]http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/4450/slackers741sf.jpg[/img][/center]
TheShinje Posted February 11, 2006 Posted February 11, 2006 [color=crimson] "Drawn out" is my favourite so far, because it looks like my comic drawing style, and it feels like a dig at my attempts to put together a "slacks"type comic on my MyOtaku. It feels good to at least pretend to be satirized. :p[/color]
Dragon Warrior Posted February 14, 2006 Author Posted February 14, 2006 Hah, yes indeed, Rapture. [center][img]http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/1930/slackers758xy.jpg[/img] ------- [img]http://img49.imageshack.us/img49/5792/slackers767qc.jpg[/img] ------- Happy Valentines Day! [img]http://img336.imageshack.us/img336/3006/slackers775xf.jpg[/img][/center]
Ikillion Posted February 14, 2006 Posted February 14, 2006 [COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS]The valentine one just gives me a very bad image just thinking about it, not to mention a slight burst of laughter. I mean imagine it you are going down the hall about to give that one special person in your life her gift when two thugs dressed up in a big red heart come up and start beating the tar out of you. Not a good memory...I hope mine doesnt do that...[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
Katana Posted February 15, 2006 Posted February 15, 2006 [size=1][color=royalblue]Dude, I need to print that out... Seeing as how you've taken a lot of the physical abuse in SIS (ah ha, ha, haha...), it's pretty amusing to see that your buddy Sean is actually getting some. Was he feeling gracious or did you want revenge? X3 Another thing I must admit...I printed off twelve of my favorite SIS comics and brought them to school for my friends. They particuarlly liked "This Just Got Awkward" and "What's That Have To Do With It?" One could see us walking around the halls all day screaming out, "My inner torso just exploded!" "Good thing we saved money on car insurence by switching to Geico!" And "The Chosen One". They had a joke of that on "I Love the 90's". ("Why don't you just take the red one and the blue one? Get the best of both worlds.") Apparently not for you. X3 (You stole my idea. I was gonna make a Slackers In Slacks banner. Geez man.)[/color][/size]
Dragon Warrior Posted February 15, 2006 Author Posted February 15, 2006 Go ahead and make a SIS banner. It'd be an honor and make us feel appreciated. [center][img]http://img125.imageshack.us/img125/9455/slackers782wf.jpg[/img][/center]
John Posted February 15, 2006 Posted February 15, 2006 :O Is this possibly a reference to "mah spoon is too big"? ([url="http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8566509224844456939&q=rejected+cartoons"]link[/url])
Dragon Warrior Posted February 16, 2006 Author Posted February 16, 2006 Yessir. A tribute to [b]Rejected[/b], a classic. [center][img]http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/3357/slackers795cm.jpg[/img][/center]
Katana Posted February 16, 2006 Posted February 16, 2006 [size=1][color=royalblue]... I need to print that out...again...and post it up in the band room before anybody realizes...I have st34lth like ninj4. X3 And...[/color][/size] [quote name='Dragon Warrior']Go ahead and make a SIS banner. It'd be an honor and make us feel appreciated.[/quote] [size=1][color=royalblue] Horrah! I stole the Akbar font! :3[/color][/size]
Dragon Warrior Posted February 17, 2006 Author Posted February 17, 2006 Such a wonderful banner. And yes, Akbar rocks our slacks! [center][img]http://img116.imageshack.us/img116/7868/slackers801fn.jpg[/img][/center]
Deedlit Posted February 19, 2006 Posted February 19, 2006 [color=#009966]I have officially decided that I need to visit OB more often. Must have more Slackers! XD I think that your SIS comics are even better than "Concerning Midgets," [size=1]which you didn't finish, by the way. *cough*[/size] ^_- I can't pick a favorite. I love them all! ^__^ May your creative genius never run dry. [/color]
Dragon Warrior Posted February 21, 2006 Author Posted February 21, 2006 Yes, Deeds, you must keep up to date ;) [center][img]http://img108.imageshack.us/img108/3732/slackers812co.jpg[/img] -------- Happy Birthday to my dad, Mickey. This is dedicated to him :) [img]http://img106.imageshack.us/img106/2708/slackers823dg.jpg[/img] -------- Due to the power outage, it may seem like we were slacking on the comics. But fear not, we weren't. They were still being made. We just couldn't get them up. So we dedicate this comic to that. [img]http://img106.imageshack.us/img106/4608/slackers830ld.jpg[/img] -------- [img]http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/6899/slackers842jb.jpg[/img][/center]
Dagger Posted February 21, 2006 Posted February 21, 2006 Slacking In Them Slacks: One of my favorites so far. Your puns are always delightful. Fun Fact #3: Now [i]that's[/i] what I'd call "slacking in them slacks." :p ~Dagger~
Ikillion Posted February 21, 2006 Posted February 21, 2006 [COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Ha, For some reason Slacking in them slacks made me want to think of Lagging in them slacks or something >.> Or maybe I am just insane? Who knows I still love these.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
KKC Posted February 22, 2006 Posted February 22, 2006 [size=1] Well noted is by far my favorite (being a band geek and all). I think i'll follow Katana's example and sneakishly post it up in our band director's office. Great work DW and friend![/size]
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now