Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
[center][URL=http://www.freewebs.com/sinslacks][img]http://img420.imageshack.us/img420/1999/slackersinslacks5wx.jpg[/img][/URL] [/center]

[i]Slackers In Slacks[/i] is a bizarre daily comic strip I do every day with my friend. We have been very good about producing a new one every day since it's start (November 30th, 2005). They're random or bizarre jokes that only the stupidest of us (or just plain insane) would understand or find funny. Perhaps you will too. Perhaps. I will update this thread daily with the latest one.

Here's what you have missed thus far...

[img]http://img388.imageshack.us/img388/8720/gavinface4cl.jpg[/img] [b]Gavin: (Me)[/b] Comic Artist, Writer

[img]http://img388.imageshack.us/img388/766/seanface4yl.jpg[/img] [b]Sean (Friend From School):[/b] Comic Writer

[center][img]http://img420.imageshack.us/img420/5461/slackers16oc.jpg[/img]

[img]http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/5618/slackers22ui.jpg[/img]

[img]http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/2954/slackers39yh.jpg[/img]

[img]http://img235.imageshack.us/img235/2081/slackers41ob.jpg[/img]

[img]http://img226.imageshack.us/img226/1348/slackers50gr.jpg[/img]

[img]http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/9121/slackers68ca.jpg[/img]

[img]http://img377.imageshack.us/img377/4892/slackers77iz.jpg[/img]

[img]http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/5246/slackers88td.jpg[/img]

[img]http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/328/slackers92pk.jpg[/img]

[img]http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/3985/slackers109td.jpg[/img]

[img]http://img235.imageshack.us/img235/411/slackers112op.jpg[/img]

[img]http://img353.imageshack.us/img353/7411/slackers129yc.jpg[/img]

[img]http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/3816/slackers134xr.jpg[/img]

[img]http://img378.imageshack.us/img378/9808/slackers148rt.jpg[/img]

[img]http://img285.imageshack.us/img285/2858/slackers155an.jpg[/img]

[img]http://img394.imageshack.us/img394/3416/slackers160ew.jpg[/img]

[img]http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/2928/slackers179nf.jpg[/img]

[img]http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/514/slackers182ud.jpg[/img]

[img]http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/4605/slackers193pt.jpg[/img]

[img]http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/3930/slackers208op.jpg[/img]

[img]http://img275.imageshack.us/img275/9615/slackers218tr.jpg[/img]

[img]http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/4545/slackers228mu.jpg[/img]

[img]http://img392.imageshack.us/img392/2579/slackers236az.jpg[/img]

[img]http://img428.imageshack.us/img428/9964/slackers244zt.jpg[/img]

[img]http://img477.imageshack.us/img477/8818/slackers257kz.jpg[/img]

[img]http://img381.imageshack.us/img381/4920/slackers263ga.jpg[/img]

[img]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/7716/slackers279ja.jpg[/img]

[img]http://img483.imageshack.us/img483/9245/slackers281ga.jpg[/img]

[img]http://img290.imageshack.us/img290/81/slackers291to.jpg[/img]

[img]http://img372.imageshack.us/img372/4418/slackers305np.jpg[/img][/center]

Comments :)
  • Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted
Brilliant, I love all of them they're all so funny! My god, my brother and I have used some of these exact lines in converstation before. My favorite had to be "Old Christmas Traditions" XD I love that old song. I also so love "No Reindeer Games" and "What's That Got To Do With It?"
Posted
[font=trebuchet ms]My word, Gavin. I believe you've just reached a new level of worrying me.

Idle Chat is the best, then it's a 29-way tie. Thank you for this, I'm printing these out tomorrow and showing people. You know, so they can be worried for your sanity as well.[/font]
Posted
I am pleased you like them. So far I only have fans from my school or schools near me. Not too many internet readers just yet ;) Of course, "Idle Chit-Chat" is my favorite too.

[center][img]http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/6475/slackers313qx.jpg[/img][/center]
Posted
[size=1]I dunno, I'm a big fan of 'No Reindeer Games' and 'The Old Christmas Traditions.' They're masterfully executed, and fit your style perfectly. The animation is wonderful, and the jokes are hilarious. There's not much to say except try not to burn yourself out ... it's hard to crank these things out on a daily basis.[/size]
Posted
[size=1]I love them Gavin. They rock, seriously. If you get enough of them done, you should consider using something like [u][url=http://cafepress.com]Cafepress[/url][/u] to publish a small daily calendar of them or something. Because that would get some serious lovin'. Great work.[/size]
Posted
What do you mean by that? They'll make an actual calendar that will be sold on the market? 'Cause that'd kick butt :) But I wouldn't think this small hobby produces anything of good enough quality for that.
Posted
[size=1]I'm not sure if Cafepress does daily calendar type things, but I think there are several sites out there of the same vein. Basically, you get the design and organise stuff like that, and when people want to buy one, they order it through the site, who then make the product. The customer pays for the producing costs through their purchase, and the site takes a bit off the top [I guess] for fees and such. And you get the rest, without having to buy your own printing facilities :) And I think these comics are good enough for a daily calendar. Everyone needs a laugh. They are good stuff Gavin.[/size]
Posted
Well, as fun as it'd be to have a calendar, I don't think I'd release these on one. I own a clothing company with my friend, though, and I make the humorour shirts. ( [url]http://www.myspace.com/erisedclothing[/url] ) I might be able to throw some of these guys in :P

[center][img]http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/6996/slackers328fn.jpg[/img][/center]
Posted
XD that one reminded me of the scene in Family Guy when Peter imagines what Brian will be like if neutered. Brian is all fat and eating tons of chocolat and says, " I LOVE chocolat *eats chocolat* but I can't eat it... or I'll get fat."
Posted
wow these are nice. xD
keep them up for as long as you can, but like Retribution said, don't burn yourself out doing these. ^^

-Arvi
Posted
Lol - they're cute and simple. It's hard to find humour like that nowadays, people try too hard to look cool. Being somewhat geeky, I like the 'any key' one hehe. And the style is good, definately one that is easy to maintain.
Posted
[SIZE=1]Priceless. Exquisitely simple. You'll be famous!

I really like the "Represent" one. It reminds me of something my Interactive Multimedia teacher did in class once.

I have a few net comics I enjoy, now this has made my list as one of them. I say now, post more. They're like fat stick figures with a groove. :animenose[/SIZE]
Posted
[QUOTE=Dragon Warrior][center][img]http://img493.imageshack.us/img493/2618/slackers343dw.jpg[/img][/center]
[/QUOTE]

[size=1][color=indigo]Haha, oh how the tables turn in the end. Reminds me of that myth of all the ugly losers in high school come back to their 20 year anniversary as attractive, wealthy, and happy people; while the popular and pretty come back haggard and in poverty. [/size][/color]
Posted
I just had a bologna sandwich today too :) For those of you who are dumb or just ignorant, bologna is pronounced "boloni" and is a popular lunch meat.

[center][img]http://img281.imageshack.us/img281/4571/slackers353lz.jpg[/img][/center]
Posted
[COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS]-twitch- If that is what I have been eating these past years...I think I just migh shoot myself..

These rock keep them up ^_^[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
Posted
[quote name='? Nomad Tical ?']Nice work DW, my mom would love that one.[/quote]

Are you saying your mom's a meat product?

[center][img]http://img460.imageshack.us/img460/4849/slackers364ip.jpg[/img][/center]

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...