Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
We've had many Where Do You Live? Threads, and I always thought that we needed a better solution. So now the days of sifting through page after page of people is over! You can now post yourself and see where others that use Otakuboards live conveniently at [URL]http://www.frappr.com/otakuboards[/URL].
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted
[COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Indeed this is a rather nice solution, so now if you don't really know what the place is that someone lives in, You can look around and try to find it that way. Excelent idea though Morpheus[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
Posted
[color=crimson] Except it leave out us non-Americans. :(

It furthers my conspiracy that the internet was intended to be an exclusive American-only club, and the rest of the world got only got online by being lucky by 'accidentally finding it.' [/color]
Posted
[color=crimson][img]http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/252/ci20050324homer9np.jpg[/img]

Thanks, Hevn, I was feeling rather left-out until you let me know that simple little detail. Added myself if anybody cares. :p

Anyway, yeah, this is a nifty little tool to help keep us all in the know about who lives where. Nice interface too.[/color]
Posted
[QUOTE=Shinji][color=crimson] Except it leave out us non-Americans. :(

It furthers my conspiracy that the internet was intended to be an exclusive American-only club, and the rest of the world got only got online by being lucky by 'accidentally finding it.' [/color][/QUOTE]

[color=green]Feel free to go start your own root file...

This is an interesting idea, and I did add myself to the map.[/color]
Posted
[size=1]Thats it! I'm fed up with this 'American internet'. I'm going to go start my own, and call it.... Oznet!

Great idea to set everything up through Frappr though. I wouldn't have considered it ^_^[/size]
Posted
Pretty dang good idea. I was wondering where some of these people live that allows them to post at 2 in the morning!

This little idea earns Stark's vote of approval.
Posted
[size=1]I love how Shinmaru and I live maybe 20 miles away from each other and we've made no attempt to meet in real life. It's probably for the best, though. There are more than a few members here who can vouch for how boring I am in real life.

Thank you Morpheus, it's about time someone started up an account for OB.

-Shy[/size]
Posted
[font=Times]I already added myself to Frappr for two other forums, so why not here too. I'm gonna find some more forums doing the Frappr thing, so I can add myself. Because Kaze is too good at adding himself to Frappr now. I can't waste this talent.[/font]
Posted
[size=1][color=slategray]How fun. I added myself, seeing to there needed to be more Iowans.

It's weird to see how close some people actually live. O.o[/color][/size]
Posted
[COLOR=SeaGreen]I forgot about the whole see where other members live...I swear its just another way for poeple to stalk you (lol). But I posted myself in there and sadly I am a one woman show who lives in the tiniest place and most uneventful at that. But I did see members who live in a good range from my state. Once again [B]Frappr[/B] has claimed another forum.[/COLOR]
Posted
[COLOR=#004a6f][QUOTE=Stark]Pretty dang good idea. I was wondering where some of these people live that allows them to post at 2 in the morning!

This little idea earns Stark's vote of approval.[/QUOTE]I reply at 2 in the morning sometimes...:D

Anyway, I can't believe there's so little Canadians, and we're right next to the U.S.[/COLOR]
Posted
[QUOTE=Shy][size=1]I love how Shinmaru and I live maybe 20 miles away from each other and we've made no attempt to meet in real life. It's probably for the best, though. There are more than a few members here who can vouch for how boring I am in real life.

Thank you Morpheus, it's about time someone started up an account for OB.

-Shy[/size][/QUOTE]

Haha, if we met I bet that the world would collapse upon itself from all of the boring.

Anyway, as you can all see, I added myself earlier. I bet that you were all just [i]dying[/i] to see where I live - and now you know! By the way, there sure are a lot of OBers on the east coast... lol.

w3$t $1d3 4 lyf3 d00dz
Posted
[COLOR=DarkOliveGreen]Interesting idea. ^_^ It was surprising to see where people lived. So far I?m the only one in Utah though. >_<

Oh and [B]Baron Samed[/B]i, I love your new signature. Hehe! Priceless. ^_^[/COLOR]
Posted
[quote name='Desbreko][color=#4B0082']Now I can actually see how alone I am up in the northern half of CA. Yay. :p[/color][/quote]

Puh-please! I just added myself, being the [I]third[/I] European person on the map! :P

Well, it'll probably change within the next few days, when more people spot this thread. ;D

But this map-thingy really is interesting. I used to think "oh, he's American, so he lives somewhere in the USA", and now I clearly see that it's one huge generalization.

Oh, and I can laugh at all the silly names peoples' hometowns have. XP
Posted
[quote name='Shinmaru']w3$t $1d3 4 lyf3 d00dz[/quote]
[size=1]y34h, w3$t$1d3 str8 r3pp1n' 1t, y0!1 There's so many people over here, that we should have a get-together in a central location like [i]DC![/i]

I added myself as well, and I'm excited to see that there are several people relatively close to me. [/size]
Posted
[QUOTE=SunfallE][COLOR=DarkOliveGreen]Interesting idea. ^_^ It was surprising to see where people lived. So far I?m the only one in Utah though. >_<
[/COLOR][/QUOTE]
[COLOR=DarkOrange]Not anymore! :p Espically since we live in the same town. ^_^

Hehehe! That's a cool map! ^_^ It's fun to see where people live. [/COLOR]
Posted
[SIZE=1]The closest [and only] person near me is RiflesAtRecess, and he's in an entirely different state. Heh.

Well, this is pretty awesome. I love to see where people live. The only people on OB I've actually met is GuadoGuardian [Now WavemasterTsuka], YellowBarchetta, and OliverWhip [Now Brooklyn]. I knew all of them before we made OB accounts, though, so that doesn't really count. Meh.

But seriously, this is pretty neat =D[/SIZE]

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...