OtakuBoards

What genre of music do you listen to?

sweetpeach14

So many people hate rap/hip-hop. tsk tsk

I grew up on rap and hip-hop I love the stuff, not all of it but most. Rock I like to listen to usually whats being played on the radio and then I discover stuff that isnt. and just cause its on the radio doesnt mean its the mainstream. I listen to regae top favorite regae artist is Ini Kamoze and Shaggy. Electronica and techno thought not very much, same with house and DJ not that chopped and screwed crap just turntables remixin and refixin. Pop ever since N*SYNC and Backstreet boys.

Sometimes I even pop in Vigilante8 2nd offense and play its soundtrack. I would love to get some anime open and ending themes. I do not however listen to any religous crap, R&B, jazz and similar, country or those old songs like the isley bros.-that crap. Another thing I love is car songs wether its 49 mercury blues or top back.

i mostly listen to alternative rock, jrock and pop, pop, and anything on the radio. but i dont like to listen to rap that much, i just dont find it interesting to listen to. i like listening to music that has an interesting beat to it=)

Mostly I like Linkin Park, Bullet for my Valentine, Paramore, and some other pop and classical music (but pop and classical music i don't listen to as much and i only listen to classical because I'm PLAYING IT.). I hate it when people say I cut myself, because I don't . It's just that sometimes when I'm down i listen to music which lyrics I can relate to.. or sometimes I try and find theme songs for anime characters!
It can get quite interesting paying attention to the actual meanings of a song.

[COLOR="HotPink"][SIZE="1"][B]Indie rock, and Indie pop.
Post-punk and Post-punk revival.
Garage rock and garage rock revival.
Math rock.
Noise rock.
Emo/Screamo.
Mathcore.
Post rock.
Techno, Dance-punk, Electronica, Electropop, Digital hardcore
Ambient.
Punk.
Hardcore Punk.
Post-hardcore.
New Wave.
Alternative.
Piano rock.
Jazz, Jazz rock and Freeform Jazz
Progressive.
Avant- Garde, Art, and Experimental
Rap, Hip- Hop, R & B, and Trip Hop.
Pop and Pop Rock.
Blues, and Blues Rock.
Deathcore.
Metalcore.
Grindcore.
Baroque.
Classical.
Death Metal, Prog Metal, Metal.
Classic Rock.
Synthpop and Synthrock.
Soul.
Psychedelic.
Horror Punk.
Powerpop.
Surf rock.
Anti-folk, folk, folk rock[/B]

I like music in general, so I listen to many different genres of music. My top five favorite bands however, are: [B]Strike the Choir[/B], [B]The Number Twelve Looks Like You[/B], [B]Bloc Party[/B], [B]Death Cab for Cutie[/B], and the [B]Pixies[/B].
[/SIZE][/COLOR]

• 5 months later...
[color=royalblue][size=1]
(Oh snap, old thread is old.)

I listen to a bit of everything, but predominately, I listen to the following:

[b]Hardcore Punk[/b]
See: Gallows, Minor Threat, Black Flag

[b]Death Metal[/b]
See: Decapitated, Behemoth, Vader

[b]Deathcore[/b]
See: Animosity, Bring Me The Horizon, Suicide Silence

[b]Metalcore[/b]
See: Parkway Drive, I Killed The Prom Queen, Sea Of Treachery

[b]Melodic Death Metal[/b]
See: At The Throne Of Judgement, The Black Dahlia Murder, Wretched

[b]Hip Hop[/b]
See: Jay-Z, Hieroglyphics, Lupe Fiasco

[b]Dance/Electro[/b]
See: Justice, The Blood Beetroots, MSTRKRFT

[b]Screamo[/b]
See: The Locust, Circle Takes The Square, Attack Attack!

[b]Emo[/b]
See: Taking Back Sunday, Senses Fail, Fall Out Boy

[b]Post-Hardcore[/b]
See: A Skylit Drive, Glassjaw, Four Letter Lie

[b]Pop-Punk[/b]
See: Blink-182, Four Year Strong, A Day To Remember

[b]Classic Metal[/b]
See: Motorhead, Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden

[b]Mathcore[/b]
See: The Fall Of Troy, War From A Harlot's Mouth, Poison The Well [/color][/size]

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="SlateGray"]I really only listen to one 'style' of music and that's; Maylene and the Sons of Disaster. It's a good style with southern flair, great vocals, and some killer drum fills.
You should check out the music style called; Maylene and the Sons of Disaster.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[CENTER][FONT=Book Antiqua][COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=1]Almost everything I listen to falls into one or more sub-genres [/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]of Rock or Metal.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Book Antiqua][COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=1]There is a little bit of range though.[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/CENTER]
[FONT=Book Antiqua][COLOR=DarkRed][/COLOR][/FONT][CENTER][FONT=Book Antiqua][COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=1]If I'm don't like a genre, it's because I have yet to be impressed by a band, or artist in that genre. I'm patiently awaiting a Rap group called Achozen. The band consists of two members, RZA of Wu-Tang Clan, and Shavo from System of a Down. Both bands are unique in the general genre the are in. I don't normally like Rap, but this seems more creative than usual.[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/CENTER]
[FONT=Book Antiqua][COLOR=DarkRed][/COLOR][/FONT][CENTER][FONT=Book Antiqua][COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=1]I used to like a lot more genres, but they have all changed a little too much. For example, I enjoyed the older country when I was little, but the stuff today is too fast-paced for how mellow it is.[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/CENTER]
[FONT=Book Antiqua][COLOR=DarkRed][/COLOR][/FONT][CENTER][FONT=Book Antiqua][COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=1]What I meant by a bit of a range was, I like The Pillows, a mellow JRock band, and I like Scar Symmetry, a really heavy Melodic Death Metal band. I like a lot of stuff in between, but not everthing. An example would be emo/screamo, just can't make myself like it. [/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/CENTER]
[FONT=Book Antiqua][COLOR=DarkRed][/COLOR][/FONT][CENTER][FONT=Book Antiqua][COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=1]Oh, I also like a couple other genres, like Anime and Video Game Music, JPop, and Ambient (as in not hardcore, are overly fast-paced) Techno. I alos like noise, it is music to my ears. I meant just random noise, not a musical genre.[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/CENTER]
[FONT=Book Antiqua][COLOR=DarkRed][/COLOR][/FONT][CENTER][FONT=Book Antiqua][COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=1]I respect all the time that is put into any music, and there is no bad music, because it's all opinion. [/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][LEFT][B][FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium](-Boukaju-)[/FONT][/B]
[/LEFT]
[/CENTER]

[FONT="Palatino Linotype"]My tastes range from Lady Gaga to Cattle Decapitation. From Coheed and Cambria to Bring me the Horizon. From Linkin Park to Between the Buried and Me. From Breaking Benjamin to Silverstein.

I like a lot of music. My favorite is Hardcore however, nothing better. My favorite bands of all time are as follows...

Fear Before the March of Flames, Between the Buried and Me, Coheed and Camrbia, Chevelle, Circle Takes the Square, Bring me the Horizon, Fair to Midland, Avenged Sevenfold, Breaking Benjamin, Linkin Park and Eminem.

My latest favorite band is Cold that has single like Suffocate and Stupid Girl. In fact my YouTube account is named after their song Sad Happy... which is about rape... O_o

You know, it's safe to say, that Zen, Nomurah, and Botar are the ones I can mostly relate to on this forum in terms of music.[/FONT]

[COLOR="HotPink"][SIZE="1"]My favorite bands are [B]Bloc Party, The Smiths, Death Cab for Cutie, Sigur Rós, The Beatles and Bob Dylan[/B]. Safe to say my tastes are still the same, but I grew to love these bands much more than others.

So the genres I listen to most are... Post- Punk, Indie Pop, Folk, Post Rock, Ambient and I wouldn't try to classify The Beatles or The Smiths. [/SIZE][/COLOR]

If I said all rock musicx was the same, I would get flammed. Same for rap. As amatter of fact rap came from hip-hop. HIM, RJA, and Wolfmother are different, TO be really indept with music I can say thats like saying MF DOOM, Lame Wayne and BEP sound the same. I love Rock but I can tell you which ones are beyond my comprehension, I can tell you black as I may be Gangsta rap is nowhere near my favorite. I try to listen to different stuff which ends up in me probably liking atleast one song. Theres atleast one country song out there for me, there are some R&B soungs I like. I just hate it when people lump stuff in as a whole.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
[quote name='kiba051095'][CENTER]Screamo, rock, acoustic, alternative, metal, crunk, techno...

anything like that. I can't stand rap, or hip-hop. I don't know why, the only rap I'll listen to are Brokencyde and Hollywood Undead, and that's very specific songs. Lol.
[/CENTER][/QUOTE]

[size=1]

You have horrible, horrible taste in rap and screamo if you actually enjoy anything created by either Brokencyde or Hollywood Undead, as both are horrible at both hardcore, screaming, rapping,song writing, lyricism, production, and playing their instruments. They are bad at everything they do.[/size]

• 5 months later...
According to OB, I haven't posted in this before, so hey! 8D Here we go~

It's a tad hard to place a very specific genre(s) that I listen to, but a majority of the music on my iPod [i]is[/i] from an anime or video game. So I guess you could say I'm into assorted Jpop/Jrock/scores? Or rather, not so much "scores" as classical/instrumental stuff. But I also like some alternative.
Really, I just end up liking what I see/hear through TV, video games, and junk. So sometimes I come across some alternative, but in most cases it's a lot of Japanese music. ^^;

• 3 weeks later...
Well according to Last.FM "I'm into indie, rock, folk, singer-songwriter and female vocalists,"

I'm also a big fan of Avant-Folk and the New Weird American movement, punk, techno, trance, classic blues, classic indian, yé-yé, and a whole bunch more.

• 1 month later...
I find it harder and harder to stick some bands in certain genres, so I'll just throw some bands out there: Oasis, Sex Pistols, The Hives, Godflesh, Tori Amos, Loreena McKennitt, Public Enemy, Entombed, Primal Scream, Sickboy, Atari Teenage Riot, Air, Jesu, J.S. Bach, Richard Wagner, Kenji Kawai, Wu-Tang Clan, The Damned, Iron Maiden, Tommy february6, Perfume, Megadeth, In Mourning, Kate Bush, just to name a few (heh).

Nevertheless, I tend to listen to more guitar based bands, especially the extremely heavy, loud, fast kind (see, Earache Records). I blame this on having older brothers, all of whom were metalheads.

• 3 weeks later...
1st wave Ska
See, The Ethiopians, Clancy Eccles.

2 Tone Ska Revival
See, Bad manners, Judge Dread.

3rd Wave Ska,
See, Streetlight Manifesto. Mad Caddies

Jazz.
See Miles Davis, Milt Hinton

Punk.
See, NOFX, Millions of Dead Cops,

And then stuff like System of a down, Attack Attack! Silverstein. just stuff i don't listen to there genera too much.

Well, I'm not one to bring up made up genre's (I can't count how many different words I've seen mixed with -core.), The Used have made up one, Gross Pop. Their new album, Artwork, is that genre. I don't get it, but I love it. Their new album is a-maze-ing. All I've been doing all night is listening to it. So yeah, Gross Pop is now one of my favorite genre's.

I mostly listen to metal and rock such as the likes of Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Megadeth, Guns N' Roses, Ayreon, Led Zeppelin, Tool. The first song I probably ever heard was "Welcome to the Jungle" by Guns N' Roses and I fell in love with rock and music at that very moment. I listen to hip hop very rarely but I can tolerate certain artists. I love Rage against the machine and Flobots, they are the two bands that have (in my opinion) successfully fused rock, metal and hip hop.