OtakuBoards

What genre of music do you listen to?

sweetpeach14

[SIZE=1]I'm pretty sure this thread has been done, but they died. ^_^

I'm into techno, electronic, rock, classical, j-rock/j-pop and world music. So I'm pretty rounded. This would explain why I have more soundtracks than actual bands/singers. People always ask me whether I like this band or that band, or song, and I never pay any attention to that. If I hear a song I like, then I listen, thats that. Techno/electronic/rock always gets me pumped, and classical & world generally give me a soothing feeling. ^^

I can't stand rap/hip hop, or country.[/SIZE]

I like things that are new, different, and intelligent, pluss it must sound good in all areas.

To be more specific, I like music that is more music than lyrics, and if there are lyrics, they have to be deep. I like the stuff that goes over most people's heads and you have to actually figure out what it means.

So, this mostly includes prog-rock (like The Mars Volta) techno-rock (Gorillaz) nu-metal (Linkin Park, System of a Down) and other genres.bands that are good.

I feel disgusted by the classification system, though.

There are so many genres for rock that it's sickening really. I possibly couldn't care less if it's emo, metal, etc. If I likes it, I likes it. If I don't, then I don't.

Anyway, to keep on topic, I listen mainly to rock. Just about anything in rock. But I'll admit that I don't really listen to metal. It's not that I don't like it, as there are some metal bands that I like, but I'm just not a huge fan of it. I've found myself lately listening more and more to classical rock.

I listen to rap/hip hop at times, just not all the time. I can stand some country, but even then, I rarely listen to it voluntarily. I'm not sure if there's anything that I cannot stand to listen to. I guess you can call me a music whore, lol.

I like evrything nowadays and I've gotten use to [I]some [/I] country, not all of it but the good ones. But I mostly listen to the good old fashion TECHNO!!! Mainly Dance Dance Revolution/In The Groove, Daft Punk, DJ Alligator, Darude, regular Dance (old and new) and other groups. Its the kind of music you can really shake you *** to at any time of the day, except when sleeping :D

[COLOR=Indigo][FONT=Trebuchet MS]My number one favourite is "alternative" or "emo" sort of modern rock. Close second would be techno. Alternative is my favourite because I've always been a fan of modern rock, and usually after I like the actual music, I'll end up loving the lyrics. I guess angsty teen lyrics speak to my angsty teen self =P

Edit: Oops, sorry Petester.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[font=Verdana][color=blue]Just a quick warning to everyone - most of the posts in this thread have not really been up to standards. Please be sure to explain your choices and use more than a sentence when you post. If this trend continues, the thread will most likely end up closed.[/color][/font]
[font=Verdana][color=blue][/color][/font]
[font=Verdana][color=blue]Now, to answer the question, I'll listen to almost anything. I've never really stuck to any specific genre because I like music from a bunch of them. My philosophy is really just if I like it, I'll listen to it.[/color][/font]

I like most rock,but not greenday,dance and classical chinese music,I first heard that in a film but I can't remember what it was called. I absolutley hate rap because the lyrics areusually really stupid and i don't know what genre Puffy Ami Yumi belong in but I like them too.

I find myself listening to gothic rock. No, I'm not gothic, but I just like this type of music. And I can't stand it when people start saying I cut myself, because I'm very against that. I also enjoy hard rock, techno, jpop and jrock, and trance music. I'm a strange child yes. :animesmil

[QUOTE=Lord_Hadez]I listen to pretty much any kinda music. Manly im a Metal Head
I totally hate Emo[/QUOTE]

Although I'm doubting you've actually heard emo. (sorry, it's a major pet peeve. what everyone thinks emo is... well... isn't, usually)

[url]www.fourfa.com[/url] for more info.

I mainly listen to JRock/Visual Kei bands, Metalcore, Post-Hardcore, Screamo, Pop-Rock, etc.

Basically because each genre provides some sort of aspect of music that I enjoy, be it something to sing along to, wake me up in the morning, calm me down, pump me up, etcetc.

I mostly listen to rock. The songs have to be interesting enough, have to have a good lyrics, and they have to be meaningful. This why I mostly listen to Billy Idol, James Marster, HIM, The 69 Eyes, etc.

I also listen to Country. I don't think it sucks but lots of my friends do. Mean friends. When it comes to Country I listen to Josh Turner, Tobey Keith, and many more.

[font=trebuchet ms]I listen to any type of music that allows for strong artistic expression. I can't deal with the same ol' "verse, chorus, verse, chorus, verse, solo, chorus" thing anymore, it's growing really stale. I like mix-ups, I like vocalists who have something to say, I like fast and technical instruments, and I don't care what those instruments are.

One of my favorite genres is Hardcore, the good kind. Really, if you don't like hardcore, you've either not found the right band, or you get headaches too easily to enjoy them.

Hardcore has recently turned into this fad where everyone and their grandma is starting a hardcore band with wimpy lyrics, nothing to say, and no talent. Hardcore bands should have force and be poetic at the same time, and there's a few dozen that are and I love them. Yay.

I also love any kind of guitar-driven rock, anythign with a lot of technicality and complexity. Stuff that takes repeated listenes to fully comprehend. Mostly, Progressive Rock fits here. I like the way that the lyrics and guitars go together, I honestly just like the whole general sound of it.

There's other genres I like, but I'm still exploring them. You know how it is.[/font]

It's actually easier for me to pinpoint the kind of music I don't like than the kind I do, so I'm gonna stick with that because I'll love just about everything else.

I hate, country (if I hear my roommate play "She thinks my tractor's sexy" one more time I'll have his head), rap, metal (most forms of it), and tween pop

Otherwise, I'm a big fan of Punk, Ska, Reggae, Jazz, Pop Punk, Emo, Techno, and anything that fuses these musical styles together.