OtakuBoards

Memorable Scenes in Anime

bellpickle

[SIZE=1]Were there any specific scenes in an anime that you found particularly memorable or had a long-lasting effect on you, and of course, if so, why? (If there are too many to name, then simply describe the most memorable or most recent ones you've seen.)

Most recently for me was Kino's Journey episode 4, [spoiler]when young Kino escapes from her country, while riding Hermes for the first time.[/spoiler] I think this scene was particularly effective because of the sudden shift in mood--the incredible sense of freedom following such a chilling scene. Of course, the gorgeous music helped accentuate that shift.

Another is Gankutsuou episode 18, [spoiler]otherwise known as the episode of Franz's death. Admittedly, all throughout the duel, I had not at all expected Franz to duel in Albert's place (I had a feeling that Franz would do [I]something[/I], but I hadn't guessed that that something would be so drastic), and the shock of it made his death have that much more of an impact on me. Definitely one of the most masterfully executed death scenes I've seen in an anime.[/spoiler]

Anyone else? :)[/SIZE]

[COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS]I wonder how many people are going to say.. [spoiler]"OMG! In FMA when huges died!!!11!111! and her daughter was so sad looking for him!!11!11!1 :animecry: [/spoiler]

I think I have only had one Anime that had a very lasting effect on me. In AIR When [spoiler]Kana tried to escape off of the mountain. The very begining of the scene got me very emotional, seeing the way she began to escape just by seeing the soilders die in such a way. After she had finally got into the sky and the Archers began to attack her. I lost only a little tiny bit of hope, but still I knew that deep inside she could get away. Then came the part with the chanting, and I remember getting up and saying " What the ****! Thats cheating they can't do that!" then I became saddened, watching her final desprate attemps to escape before she was sealed."[/spoiler]

-sniffles- that was a relly moving anime for me...I just wish it was longer though.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

A scene that has always stuck with me, and still makes me get all frusterated and emotional when I think about it too long, is the one in X (the series) when [spoiler]Subaru and Seishiro finally fight on the Rainbow Bridge and Seishiro essentially kills himself so that Subaru would live [/spoiler]. If you've read Tokyo Babylon and know their whole back story, there's no way for that not to affect you!

Another, also from X, is the scene where Arashi breaks down because [spoiler]Sorata died protecting her [/spoiler]. Her [spoiler]grief[/spoiler], at least in the japanese version, is so heartbreakingly [I]real[/I] that the images and sounds still stand out in my mind, even against such an amazing series.

One final one, and one that's a [I]llittle[/I] less tragic, is from Sailor Moon Stars, where Usagi and Seiya are on the roof of the school. She is kneeling on the ground and crying because she [spoiler]misses Mamoru so much[/spoiler], and Seiya kneels in front of her helplessly and asks if she couldn't accept him instead.

*sigh* Now I'm all sad after thinking about these parts!

i dont know i would have to say... when kenshin [spoiler]killed shishio[/spoiler] (i know i know but i dont want to give away too much info) anyways i would have to say that moment in anime history because that battle was the last battle of the whole rurouni kenshin series on toonami and i was young so i didnt know really about everything yet so that contributed as well :catgirl:
[COLOR=Indigo]
Senko, there's a simple and easy way to not give away to much of a show. Just use spoiler tags. Take a look here: [URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=46199][COLOR=Indigo][B]Spoiler Tags[/B][/COLOR][/URL] for quick and easy instructions on how to use them. That way you won't spoil it for someone who has yet to see the show.

Please don't assume that everyone is familiar with what happens in a certain anime simply because it's well-known or has been around for a while. Similarly, even if a particular set of episodes has already aired on TV in the country where you live, don't take that as a license to freely write about what happens in those episodes. When in doubt, always use spoiler tags.

If you have any questions feel free to pm myself or another member of the staff.

~indifference[/COLOR]

Cowboy Bebop has the best ending that I have seen in anime. Even though it is over 8 years old it is still as good as the first time I saw it.[spoiler]When Spike dies--I know it is debatable but I still say he died-- after killing Vicious, he just calmly walks away and says ''Bang.'' That is my favorite death scene out of all the anime I have seen.[/spoiler] The song that is played after that,"Blue",is one of my favorites, and it fits the scene well. If I leave the TV on and that song plays when I am asleep,it wakes me up.[spoiler] The star that fell at the very end representing Spike is one of the simplest but most poignant scenes I have seen.
I also like the part in ep.24 "Hard Luck Woman" where Faye lies down on the door step of her former home made. That made me tear up the first time I saw it. Ed and Ein leaving made me sad,too.[/spoiler]
There might not be any point in the spoilers since they have had it on Adult Swim for 6 years now. If you haven't seen Cowboy Bebop, then you should definitely watch. It's still just as awesome now as it was when it first came on.

I would have to say one of the most memorable moments for me was on Cowboy Bebop when [spoiler]Julia was killed, and Spike died.[/spoiler] This was one of my first anime obsessions, and I knew that they would not just be brought back like on Dragonball Z. I just remember thinking, "Wow. A television show, and a cartoon none the less, actually moved me to the point of tears." And thus, my love for anime grew even more. Ah, the memories... *becomes lost in memories*

...And see? I was able to find a profoundly-moving death scene without the need to mention a certain Brigadier General! Whew, it was much harder to hold back using that than I thought. Not that I have anything against people using that as an example. I just like to be original, and not give what I know will quickly become a generic "OMG! FMA EPISODE 25! I CRIED SO MUCH!!!!!!!!" response. :animeswea

[quote name='Senko]i dont know i would have to say... when kenshin [spoiler]killed shishio[/spoiler'] (i know i know but i dont want to give away too much info) anyways i would have to say that moment in anime history because that battle was the last battle of the whole rurouni kenshin series on toonami and i was young so i didnt know really about everything yet so that contributed as well :catgirl:[/quote]

Nani!?!?! I haven't seen that part yet... Use SPOILER tags next time please...:animesigh

For me, I guess it would be in Naruto when [SPOILER] Naruto and Sasuke duke it out. Sasuke becomes Orochimaru's little monster and Naruto uses the Nine Tailed Fox's chakra and then they both use their special jutsu's on each other.[/SPOILER] I couldn't contain myself!

And also in Gundam Seed Destiny, when [SPOILER]Kira gets back in the Freedom. Although I expected it,[/SPOILER] it was still really exciting to see.

[QUOTE=KatanaViolet]Nani!?!?! I haven't seen that part yet... Use SPOILER tags next time please...:animesigh

[/QUOTE]

:animedepr :animeswea :animeshy: sorry about that. since it is such an old anime ( i mean even for america) i thought everyone knew. well dont be too mad at me :catgirl: . i didnt say the whole thing but all i will say is tht dont judge what somesays until you know what they are talking about

(i dont know i wanted to put something smart but oh well you get the point :animesmil )

[COLOR=#656446]What? No BLEACH?

The most memorable scene in Bleach ain't tragic or depressingly sad. It's a short father-and-son talk between Isshin and Ichigo [spoiler] infront of Masaki's grave. It would have been just another forgettable interlude if it wasn't for the line "You're the guy the woman I fell in love with lost her life to protect". I was really surprised at this line, especially 'cause Isshin said it. Never expected that he actually had a serious side (and he can talk cool too!). The old man's got a lot in common with his son, yeah? Ichigo's dad is sooo cool! ♥[/spoiler][/COLOR]

Guest D. Resurrected
Hm Id have to say the ending of jin roh. Dont know why just stuck with me :animesmil

p.s. A must see for love and action movie go ers :D

I think the most memorible moment in Anime for me would have been when [spoiler] in Laputa caste in the sky Pazu and Sheeta say the speel of destruction [/spoiler] its just so moving.

Ahhhh

[color=navy][size=1]I fixed your tags for you. When you're making spoiler tags, remember not to use the stars (*). Thanks.

- Dagger[/size][/color]

for me it will be the episode in FMA wherein [Spoiler]one of the national alchemist made his own daughter and her dog into a chimera. T__T and later they found out that he also made his own wife into a chimera. he's so cruel T__T [/spoiler]

and another one in saiyuki when [spoiler] goku (seiten taisen) and homura fought.. it was a bloody fight.. and then homura collapsed along with the place he's creating.. goku cried in front of homura.. then sanzo told goku that it seems like homura won after all, 'coz all he wanted is die in a fight wherein his opponent is worthy enough. besides, he's a fighting god so to die fighting is his will.[/spoiler]

[quote name='silver_blade][spoiler']When Spike dies--I know it is debatable but I still say he died-- after killing Vicious, he just calmly walks away and says ''Bang.''[/spoiler][/quote]

[SIZE=1]I honestly didn't think much of that scene when I first saw it a few years back ([spoiler]Spike's death[/spoiler] just felt flat to me at the time), but after reading your post, I realized that the understated quality of the scene fits in perfectly with the rest of the series, and makes it something of a rarity amongst [spoiler]death scenes[/spoiler]. (Since such scenes are usually over-dramatized in some way.)[/SIZE]

[b]Kino's Journey:[/b] There are a lot of surprise twists in the series, but I think the one that got to me the most was what happened in episode 13 (the final episode). [spoiler]Obviously I was expecting something bad to happen.[/spoiler] However, it played out in a way that shocked me and really stuck with me. Most of the previous episodes portrayed [spoiler]the darkness in human hearts; episode 13 turned that on its head by introducing Kino to a genuinely good group of people. When the volcano erupted, I shared Kino's horror in a way that made it seem as if all her calm detachment as a character had been building up to that one point.[/spoiler] Although it's actually the other way around, since [spoiler]episode 13 takes place before episode 1.[/spoiler]

For whatever it's worth, that's the one and only time I've agreed with the use of the ZOMG COLOR INVERSION technique which gets so over-used in anime.

[b]Revolutionary Girl Utena:[/b] Its abundant memorable moments aside, there are a several specific scenes that I can still visualize perfectly just by shutting my eyes.
1. The part in which [spoiler]Juri and Ruka[/spoiler] lose to Utena, and how [spoiler]Juri learns about Ruka's "death" from the shadow girls.[/spoiler]
2. The cantarella scene.
3. The part when Utena slaps Mikage.
4. Anthy's [spoiler]suicide attempt.[/spoiler]
5. Pretty much the entire final episode.

~Dagger~

[COLOR=Indigo]I'm gonna start with Chrno Crusade... [spoiler] Damn it was sad to see both Chrno and Rosette die...I was NOT expecting that. Sure they used up all thier powers and all but did they have to die just like that ! Why must the good die young !!![/spoiler][/COLOR]

[COLOR=Indigo]And then there's DN Angel.[spoiler] Most DN Angel fans would definitely think that the scene when Daisuke confessed he's feelings for Riku was Romantic.. I'm not that kind of mushy guy but i guess it was a moment to remember [/spoiler] [/COLOR]

[COLOR=Indigo]Got lost more shows to say but i'll just put up those 2 coz i just finished watching them last night :D .[/COLOR]

Some of the most memorable scenes in anime:

-The train scene in Spirited Away. Everything about it is perfect.
-The climax of Nausicaa features some of the best effects animation ever done.
-The duel at the clocktower in The Castle of Cagliostro. Fast, funny, and with tons of action. What more could you want?
-All of the plot-focused episodes of Cowboy Bebop, but Hard Luck Woman and The Real Folk Blues Pt. 2 in particular.
-When [SPOILER]the detective breaks out of the paper cut-out world using the Maromi keychain[/SPOILER] at the end of Paranoia Agent. Maybe it's just me, but I found it extremely cool.
-Episode 4 of Kino's Journey, for the reasons explained in previous posts.
-End of Evangelion. The whole thing. Nothing has f***ed with my mind that much in my entire lifetime.
-I don't even know if I can consider this memorable yet, given it's been so recent since I first saw it, but the whole [SPOILER]death of Ed[/SPOILER] in FMA shocked me A LOT.

[color=DarkOrange][size=1][b]Most memorable scenes from anime:

1. Witch Hunter Robin - [spoiler]When Amon [i]almost[/i] kisses Robin.[/spoiler] That turned the whole anime for me.

2. FMA - [spoiler]The whole death of Ed to bring his brother back.[/spoiler]

I think that's about it for now.[/color][/size][/b]

I'd have to say for me it's one from FullMetal Alchemist, it's the episode when Ed and Al find out [spoiler]that their father is back and he says "Hey Edward you still not drinking your milk?" and Edward jump kicks him in the face.[/spoiler] :animesmil. Oh and the part before that when Ed shouts "What the hell are you doing flirting!" and punches the guy in the face :animesmil. I really liked that scene...it was funny!

[INDENT][COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=1]the_sixth_child, I added spoiler tags to your post. In the future, remember to use them whenever you're talking about plot elements that may ruin the plot for others. -Arvi[/SIZE][/COLOR][/INDENT]

More...

Gundam Seed- [SPOILER] Pretty much the whole series was good, but Phase 49 and 50 were just simply phenominal. When Mu dies (so sad!), and Ramius fires the Loengrin at Bagirule and Azrael.[/SPOILER] ... yea that whole part was just the icing on the cake with a cherry on top and whip cream and strawberries on the side.

Gundam Seed Destiny- [SPOILER] When the fake Lacus dies.[/SPOILER] I saw it coming, but it was still really "Wow"

[COLOR=Indigo]Some that come to mind would be the end of Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz.

Another would be in DBZ where [spoiler]Goku gets killed by Cell to try and save the earth but ends up being a useless sacrifice.[/spoiler] Was really sad and touching.[/COLOR]

Neon Genesis Evangelion when Shinji was [spoiler] forced to fight his friend Toji. The whole dummy plug kicking in and Unit 01 desroying Tojis Eva. Then Shinji reliazing that he just witnessed his friend being beaten down[/spoiler] sent chills down my spine and really stuck with me.

Guest Stafal-chan
Well in InuYasha when [spoiler]KIKYO GETS KILLED BY NARAKU (YAAAY NARAKU!!!)[/spoiler] b/c that just made my day hahaha i was insanly happy!!! ummm in Neon Genisis Evangeloin when Shinji [spoiler] piloted the Eva and it broke outta it's restraints and ate the angel!!...it was kinda creepy....[/spoiler] oh FMA [spoiler] OMG HUGHES!!! THEY KILLED HUGHES TT_TT [/spoiler]

[QUOTE=silver_blade]Cowboy Bebop has the best ending that I have seen in anime. Even though it is over 8 years old it is still as good as the first time I saw it.[spoiler]When Spike dies--I know it is debatable but I still say he died-- after killing Vicious, he just calmly walks away and says ''Bang.'' That is my favorite death scene out of all the anime I have seen.[/spoiler] The song that is played after that,"Blue",is one of my favorites, and it fits the scene well. If I leave the TV on and that song plays when I am asleep,it wakes me up.[spoiler] The star that fell at the very end representing Spike is one of the simplest but most poignant scenes I have seen.
I also like the part in ep.24 "Hard Luck Woman" where Faye lies down on the door step of her former home made. That made me tear up the first time I saw it. Ed and Ein leaving made me sad,too.[/spoiler]
There might not be any point in the spoilers since they have had it on Adult Swim for 6 years now. If you haven't seen Cowboy Bebop, then you should definitely watch. It's still just as awesome now as it was when it first came on.[/QUOTE]

why ,why did you remind me :animecry: ;)
yes the ending of cowboy bebop was the most memorable scene that not only I but others aswell can say, "man that was awesome.... and sad" hardluck women was sad too. I like the 5th episode when[spoiler] vicious and spike meet up at the cathedral and face off[/spoiler] thats awesome

I think if anyone has seen tekkaman blade that the ending episode is very sad and what happens at the end. Also when tekkaman gets the[spoiler] super tekkaman blade upgrade that was an awesome episode[/spoiler]

Since the Macross sage was one of my first if not thee first I would have to say the final episode[spoiler]when rick finds lisa and in the background the city is burnig and the SDF! is pretty much gone, and he starts telling her everything . Also the episode in which Roy folker dies, ricks brother.[/spoiler]