OtakuBoards

Dan L

ive noticed here that if I see someone post something, and lets say they use an avatar of a certain anime character, when reading the post I unintentionally imagine that character's voice, the exceptions being really abstract avatars without people on them. It's really strange, but i associate people on the forums with their avatars (actually i guess this is the idea but thats not the point right now), despite the fact that they'll look nothing like that. I dont try to imagine them looking like that, it just happens. It struck me the other day when MattD put a post up with his picture on it.
It may just be that im talking a load of ol' crap, but does anyone else unintentionally do this?

You have a point. There was a point to this topic, a very good point, but i lost it. I hang my head in shame. If anyone else can somehow find the point i was trying to make, I'll be very proud.

WAAAAH I'm a failure!

EDIT- Wait.... I remember now, my point... The point I was trying to make is that sometimes it's easy to forget that were all real people just living really far apart from each other, when all we have to judge ourselves by is our opinions and a little picture in the corner. Actually its a bit different from that, but thats as close as im going to get to expressing my point. I hope someone understands what I mean.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Lady Macaiodh [/i]
[B]yes, i do the same thing... i imagine seph as a white-haired wizard, transtic as a sexy japanese guy, & james as a rotating N.

seriously, though, you can associate me w/ my avatar b/c i'm an absolute genius just like washu... [/B][/QUOTE]

Same here

You always seemed so much like Washu, And I always imagine you like her. I actually use your avatar to identify you down the page, so I know its something worth reading

:nervous: :worried:

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Lady Macaiodh [/i]
[B]why, thank you. i don't think i'm ever going to change my avatar, not unless i find another washu pic... [/B][/QUOTE]

I think your present one is nice :)

* Gee-enki promises to stop deviating from the topic

ahem, yes voices, yes....I get you ;)

:nervous: :worried:

[SIZE=1]Me too... I imagine everyone as their avatars, not the inanimate object ones... but for some reason I asscosiate Voodoo with Cloud from FFVII... which is weird... and I also think that seph is like Sephiroth, but when I saw his first pic, I was kinda surprised, I was expecting a long haired soldier with a sword...

So everyone pictures me as a stick man, yes? :bellylaug [/SIZE]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by BabyGirl [/i]
[B]

[color=deeppink]I look just [i]like[/i] my avatar! Big ears, large and hairy and fluffy and round!

Or wait no, I look nothing like it at all...:shifty:[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

But it's cuddly! I'm sure you are cudly BG! :)

I look cudly too... except my abs look nothinglike Gackts... Oh how I wish they did.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by BabyGirl [/i]
[B][color=deeppink]I look just [i]like[/i] my avatar! Big ears, large and hairy and fluffy and round![/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

ahh, you are totoro. heheh. i think the smallest one is kawaii.

although i've past the 500 post mark i don't wanna change my avatar because the misato screaming look is perfect for the way i post: full of angst.