Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
ive noticed here that if I see someone post something, and lets say they use an avatar of a certain anime character, when reading the post I unintentionally imagine that character's voice, the exceptions being really abstract avatars without people on them. It's really strange, but i associate people on the forums with their avatars (actually i guess this is the idea but thats not the point right now), despite the fact that they'll look nothing like that. I dont try to imagine them looking like that, it just happens. It struck me the other day when MattD put a post up with his picture on it.
It may just be that im talking a load of ol' crap, but does anyone else unintentionally do this?
Posted
You have a point. There was a point to this topic, a very good point, but i lost it. I hang my head in shame. If anyone else can somehow find the point i was trying to make, I'll be very proud.

WAAAAH I'm a failure!

EDIT- Wait.... I remember now, my point... The point I was trying to make is that sometimes it's easy to forget that were all real people just living really far apart from each other, when all we have to judge ourselves by is our opinions and a little picture in the corner. Actually its a bit different from that, but thats as close as im going to get to expressing my point. I hope someone understands what I mean.
Guest Voodookanaka
Posted
'.........' what voice does a multicoloured eye have??????
Posted
yes, i do the same thing... i imagine seph as a white-haired wizard, transtic as a sexy japanese guy, & james as a rotating N.

seriously, though, you can associate me w/ my avatar b/c i'm an absolute genius just like washu...
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Lady Macaiodh [/i]
[B]yes, i do the same thing... i imagine seph as a white-haired wizard, transtic as a sexy japanese guy, & james as a rotating N.

seriously, though, you can associate me w/ my avatar b/c i'm an absolute genius just like washu... [/B][/QUOTE]

Same here

You always seemed so much like Washu, And I always imagine you like her. I actually use your avatar to identify you down the page, so I know its something worth reading

:nervous: :worried:
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Lady Macaiodh [/i]
[B]why, thank you. i don't think i'm ever going to change my avatar, not unless i find another washu pic... [/B][/QUOTE]

I think your present one is nice :)

* Gee-enki promises to stop deviating from the topic

ahem, yes voices, yes....I get you ;)

:nervous: :worried:
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Lady Macaiodh [/i]
[B]transtic as a sexy japanese guy
[/B][/QUOTE]

Thats cause I am a sexy Japanese man :p well.. part Japanese... But no one can be perfect like Gackt :: drools::

But yeah... lol i have no idea.
Posted
[SIZE=1]Me too... I imagine everyone as their avatars, not the inanimate object ones... but for some reason I asscosiate Voodoo with Cloud from FFVII... which is weird... and I also think that seph is like Sephiroth, but when I saw his first pic, I was kinda surprised, I was expecting a long haired soldier with a sword...

So everyone pictures me as a stick man, yes? :bellylaug [/SIZE]
Posted
[color=rainbow] Well, people already know what I look like.(Although it's a messed up pic cause of the size) Anyway, I think my voice sounds like my avatar looks; vey sharp and deep.:smirk: ;) [/color]
Posted
[COLOR=chocolate]Well, Calumon is a pretty high strung, loveable little cutie who loves to play around!
I think that describes me pretty well. ^_^ (sans the wild ears of course)[/COLOR]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by GinnyLyn [/i]
[B](sans the wild ears of course) [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]I look just [i]like[/i] my avatar! Big ears, large and hairy and fluffy and round!

Or wait no, I look nothing like it at all...:shifty:[/color]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by BabyGirl [/i]
[B]

[color=deeppink]I look just [i]like[/i] my avatar! Big ears, large and hairy and fluffy and round!

Or wait no, I look nothing like it at all...:shifty:[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

But it's cuddly! I'm sure you are cudly BG! :)

I look cudly too... except my abs look nothinglike Gackts... Oh how I wish they did.
Posted
[b]I am not:
[list=a]
[*]Legendary
[*]a Saiya-jin
[*]blonde-haired
[*]a Super Saiya-jin :p
[*]powerful
[*]anti-Goku
[*]Looky! Extra Bullet-point! Made you waste 2 seconds worth reading time! :p
[/list=a]

So you see, my avatar suits me perfect..too much Orange :gulp: :alcohol: ..*hic*[/b]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Transtic Nerve [/i]
[B]

But it's cuddly! I'm sure you are cuddly BG! :)

I look cuddly too. [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]Oh, I am ;)

And oh, I bet you are ;)[/color]
Posted
[color=orange red] Oh-oh I think Baby Girl is having dirty thoughts about you TN, you lucky, lucky man. :blush: I look nothing like my avatar, maybe when I hit 500 I'll put my picture as the avatar, on second thought, my ugly mug may cause many of you to go blind:eek: [/color]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by BabyGirl [/i]
[B][color=deeppink]I look just [i]like[/i] my avatar! Big ears, large and hairy and fluffy and round![/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

ahh, you are totoro. heheh. i think the smallest one is kawaii.

although i've past the 500 post mark i don't wanna change my avatar because the misato screaming look is perfect for the way i post: full of angst.
Posted
[B]I look a lot like my avatar, huge blonde hair, the ability to fly, enormous muscles, energy waves.... And then i wake up[/B]

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...