OtakuBoards

Old Anime you miss....

Ol' Fighter

[quote name='Lonley Fighter']What are some of the old but good anime shows that you wish were not cancelled or just stopped showing and by old I mean like back in the 1990's[/quote]

Hey, Martel. I actually miss Sailor Moon and YuYu Hakusho. They were great shows, but they don't air anymore.

[QUOTE=? Nomad Tical ?]I was too young to enjoy Tenchi Muyo and Outlaw Star when they were around... now I may never know their glory... *cries*

I'm just glad Robotech came out on DVD so even though it's before my time I can still witness it's awesomeness... thank Japan for Robotech.[/QUOTE]

Tenchi was a fun series...i liked all the character intro episodes. Outlaw Star was definitly a gem IMO, watched it when it was out and loved it and got the box set a few months ago. Def pick it up if you are interested in it and haven't seen it or feel like you'd appreciate it better now...it's worth it.

for the ritch no anime is out of reach. I usually just buy boxsets in large quantites. The only one I cannot afford atm is the ruroni kenshin series and boys over flowers (400$ approx for the whole thing). So if you miss it buy it.

[quote name='Darky Dee']I definitely miss Sailor Moon and the old school Pokemon. No more of this Emerald crap. I miss all the old anime.. D:[/quote]

Thank you! That's why I'm lucky I taped most of the origional episodes! *holds up sign that says 'kill may and max, bring back Misty' and another that says 'while your at it, make it so that guy in the green shirt never existed'*

I've got to echo the previous posts. I would love to see Sailor Moon back on tv. I've already got all 5 seasons in Japanese, but I wish my younger neices (they're 6-8) could see the english versions, as mangled as it is, to give them a taste of what it's like. Plus, it would be a riot to see how badly they would massacre Season 5 during the dubbing :)

Rurouni Kenshin's set is $400? Hm, that's kind of expensive I should see how much I can get it for if not I'll just get it. But yea I miss Rurouni Kenshin, I'm pretty positive they never showed the whole thing, also I always wanted to see Case Closed I never got the chance to see it all.

Errr.... I can only think of 1 at the moment, and that's Yu Yu Hakusho. I know, they just took it off last month or something like that. But that was too late of a time slot for it, and I still haven't seen majority of the dark tournament. Besides, I'm not up for buying any animes for the moment, which is probably why I have a short list. (some loyalty to anime eh)

Another one would be Outlaw Star, mainly because I haven't seen it. I guess the same can be said about Gundam Wing, but I don't care much for mecha. Only mecha anime I really liked was Big O (hopefully, they'd put that back on one day.) I have tons of blank tapes here so no buying dvd's for me for a bit.

[quote name='Tallgeese-']Rurouni Kenshin's set is $400? Hm, that's kind of expensive I should see how much I can get it for if not I'll just get it. But yea I miss Rurouni Kenshin, I'm pretty positive they never showed the whole thing, also I always wanted to see Case Closed I never got the chance to see it all.[/quote]

Well what they did was put RK into 3 seasons and released them for around $100 + each. However they were the wooden boxes which are always more expensive. They now released econmomy box sets of the 3 seasons going for $60-$70 each.
So the max it would cost to buy all of them would be $210. I own them alll and saved a ton of money.

Guest Stafal-chan
[quote name='Kenshin XS']I miss Gungrave on G4 it would air alll summer and i would watch it constantly.to bad they made the boxset so expensive:animesigh .[/quote]

i believe that was on not to long ago again though ^_^ hee hee i didnt' catch to much of it though ^_^ haha i miss YuYuHakusho and Ruroni Kenshin ^_^ and Tenchi Muyo ^_^ hee hee ..i dont' think i ever saw the end of YuYU Hakusho either :animecry:

[COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS]I know almost everyone says this but I really miss Outlaw Star..but I have a reason! This was way back before I knew that anime came from Japan and all..I mean I was only in the fourth grade! I tried to keep up with the episodes but seeing as I had satalite, they always came on three hours eairler and I would always miss them which made me sad. Yet this was also my first exposure to adult swim..which made me slightly happier. I never even got to see the final episode! I think I may have actually cried or something. Yet I still say that the space battles are what drew me to that

I don't even remember when it came on, but I would have really like Helsing. Whatever the reason I cannot seem to be able to get my hands on any of it. Just by seeing the clips on random AMV's makes me want it..I bet I would have been a real helsing fan if I could ever find it.

..My Otakuness is teh best...[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

I miss season 1 of Digimon. That was the catalyst for my entire anime obsession. I was a Digi-addict. I had a bunch of the merchandise... I even had one of those Digivices that were basically a mix between a Tamagachi and a pedometer. You would shake it (or walk around with it attached to your belt) until you ran into a monster, then your Digimon would have to fight it... god, I loved that show to death. The characters were all so great. I even remember going to see the movie in theaters. It was all so great. But then season 2 came along, and it was just okay. By season 3, I had found that the Digimon universe had pretty much been butchered. It's a shame.

[quote name='Tallgeese-']Everyone seems to miss Outlaw Star. It was an awesome anime but they showed it like 5 times in a row before stopping it so it's not that bad, plus it's short so you could buy it cheap. On other hand I can't recall them ever showing all of Kenshin.[/quote]

Your right they never aired the 3rd season of RK.

People stop complaing about Outlaw Star. Whole collection $40 uncut. Just buy it. Youd be surprised about how much CN cut out.

[quote name='Kenshin XS']People stop complaing about Outlaw Star. Whole collection $40 uncut. Just buy it. Youd be surprised about how much CN cut out.[/quote]

[COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS]You know that if you look at it that way, thats what this whole thread is about. People complaining over Anime that they could but at a store somewhere, and besides if a whole lot of people miss one anime that means that it probaly was really good for them to miss it. Its not fair to point out a single group when everyone can be accused for doing the act.

Besides I really don't care what it was about. I was in fourth grade. I was easily pleased with almost anything at that age.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Ikillion][COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS]You know that if you look at it that way, thats what this whole thread is about. People complaining over Anime that they could but at a store somewhere, and besides if a whole lot of people miss one anime that means that it probaly was really good for them to miss it. Its not fair to point out a single group when everyone can be accused for doing the act.

Besides I really don't care what it was about. I was in fourth grade. I was easily pleased with almost anything at that age.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Run that by me again? No offense but I couldnt understand what you said exactly.

[QUOTE=Kenshin XS]Your right they never aired the 3rd season of RK.

People stop complaing about Outlaw Star. Whole collection $40 uncut. Just buy it. Youd be surprised about how much CN cut out.[/QUOTE]
Couldn't this be said about all anime? If you're going to target those who're complaining about missing Outlaw Star, then you might as well target everyone else as well. Most if not all can be found in a store. With that being said, and I've already said it that I WON'T be buying any animes for a long time. I have too many blank tapes around the house. Even though $40 is cheap for a box set, I just won't put out the money. I have other needs....

^^^I am targeting [B]everyone [/B] smart one. If you can get a C.C of an anime for a cheap price buy it. If you miss outlaw star go out and buy it dont complain about it not being on anymore. The price is reasonable. Gungrave retails at $120 great series but not worth the cash.Outlaw Star is affordable and should be boguht.

Bah..... As Ikillion said. The name of the topic is "old anime you miss" We're just going along with the topic. Why try to spoil the thread with this "go buy it" attitude? (Even though it's common sense) Jobs aren't so easily to come by these days... don't forget that.