OtakuBoards

Anime that need a sequel/continuation

5th Hokage

[strike][SIZE=1]http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=41137&highlight=anime+sequel[/SIZE][/strike]
[COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=1]I merged the two threads together. -r2[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkGreen][COLOR=DarkGreen]Found the original thread in case mods decide to lock this[/COLOR]

After finishing Outlaw Star it could definetly use a sequel its left very open ended and im sure they could come up with some fresh good material for new episodes.[/COLOR]

Edit:Ok r2 just didnt want to spam up the board with duplicate theards

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Veering ever so slightly off topic I'll add a manga to my list... I didn't notice that the title said "continuation" as well as "sequel". But it'd be fantastic if Clamp would pull their heads out of places they shouldn't be and continue Legal Drug. It totally got dropped at volume 3 and I was hooked... I need more! Wait, I'm hooked... on Legal Drug. That can't be good. Does that make me cold turkey right now? (please pardon the puns...)

[B][COLOR=Red]I think Yu Yu Hakusho needs a sequal.[/COLOR][/B][SIZE=2][/SIZE][FONT=Times New Roman][/FONT]

[COLOR=Sienna][SIZE=1][INDENT][B]silverfox00[/B] please improve your post quality, just listing a show without bothering to explain why you think it needs a sequel is spam. If you have any questions feel free to pm myself or another member of the staff. ~indifference[/INDENT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

I don't really believe in making sequels to completed animes because they tend to be inferior (Yuugiou GX and Orphen II come to mind). However, there are several animes that were ended way too early and need to be continued...

Rurouni Kenshin: Anime deviated from the manga after the end of the second season into a mediocre filler season called Meijihen. Ratings plummeted and the series was cancelled before the manga's third arc could be animated. A crappy OVA sequel named Seisouhen is made with a butchered version of the Jinchuu Arc and a tragicrap ending tacked on. This will not do in my opinion. The Jinchuu Arc must be animated!

Fruits Basket: One of the loveliest animes I've ever come across, yet only the first part of the story is animated. Why is this?

Inuyasha: Ended at only 167 episodes while the manga story continues and is getting very interested with Kagome being forced to evaluate her feelings for her man and her rival. Continue the story already!

I've been looking at some of the anime netioned that need a sequel, and most of them are just fine how they are.

One thing that really irks me is how people whine about wanting a sequel for Fullmetal Alchemist. There is one, in the form of a movie. The movie is a love-it-or-hate-it type movie (I myself loved it), but, a sequel does exist. So, please. stop complaining. (Although I'm just doing the same thing here. XD)

Anyway, as for an anime that DOES need a sequel...I think this was already brought up, but Elfen Lied needs a sequel so badly, it's scary. They left so many things unanswered. I know there's the manga, but heck, it's not even in the States yet, and I don't know if even THAT has a concrete ending. I complained about the ending in another thread, so I won't ramble on about the ending here. But yeah, Elfen Lied is an anime that needs a sequel, most definately.

[QUOTE=Sangome]I've been looking at some of the anime netioned that need a sequel, and most of them are just fine how they are.

One thing that really irks me is how people whine about wanting a sequel for Fullmetal Alchemist. There is one, in the form of a movie. The movie is a love-it-or-hate-it type movie (I myself loved it), but, a sequel does exist. So, please. stop complaining. (Although I'm just doing the same thing here. XD)

[/QUOTE] Your oppinon not fact. And my freind 60-90 minutes of anime is not a sequel to 1000+ minutes of anime.Thats like making a sequel of a 20 song album with 2 songs in it. It is not a sequel at all.

[COLOR=DarkGreen]God everything is controversal these days .Define your idea of a sequel.I know what you mean Avenged you want a second season right as opposed to a 90 minute movie? [/COLOR]

EDIT: Shortend for technical diffculties.

[quote name='Hunter DX][COLOR=DarkGreen']Man everything is controversal these days. Define sequel. Isnt it a continuation? The FMA movie was a contiuation maybe not a long one but it contiued the story. I know what you mean Avenged you want a second season right as opposed to a 90 minute movie? So first define what you mean by sequel then you two can have a relevant debate.[/COLOR][/quote]
But I don't wanna get in a "debate". Whenever I get into a "debate" I get in trouble. But really a 90 minute movie is more of a sidequest(best I could come up with). It really does not count as a sequel beacuse it is not the same thing as the thing before it.

There's nothing to debate. It continues (and completes) the story; ergo, it's a sequel. In fact, it's a much more direct and contiguous follow-up piece than many other anime sequel movies. Just think of it as episodes 52 through 55 if you must.

~Dagger~

[quote name='Avenged666fold']OK I will think of it as a really short sequel then. But you do understand what I mean when I say sequel right? Like another season. GAH! SEASON! THATS THE WORD I WAS LOOKING FOR.[/quote]

Im glad you read my entire post where I clearly said second season :p .

I think Outlaw star needed to be longer. The Anten 7 were a letdown after Leilong, and we really didn't know much about Hazankyu before we got to the showdown. It felt like they'd built up this whole thing with the MacDougall Brothers, then threw in Hazankyu and the rest of the Anten 7 more quickly than they should have. The ending felt rushed and was disapointing, but a second season would be hard. The only thing left would be that they didn't really resolve everything with the MacDougall Brothers.

On RK, the Jinchuu arc should definitely be animated.

:animeangr there is one anime i don't think has been said and i'm angry about it because it's my favorite. Hunter_X_Hunter, it has the biggest cliff hanger of them all even after all the ova's. IT was just bad how it ended but such a good series. :catgirl:

[COLOR=Sienna]I?m sure I?ve mentioned it in another thread but Yami no Matsuei could use a sequel or a second season. Although they did end it fairly well there is plenty more in the manga that has yet to be animated, there is easily enough story material to create another season or two. That and I enjoy watching Muraki in action.

Another one is Fruits Basket, it didn't end at all and some of the other family members weren't really explored in the show. I'd also like to see how they decide to resolve the fact that Akito is actually [spoiler]a woman.[/spoiler] [/COLOR]

Guest Anime Addict NL
I would love to see a prequel(?) of Gantz, there where allot of open questions about the black sphere.
[COLOR=Sienna][SIZE=1][INDENT][B]AnimeAddictNL[/B] please improve your post quality, just listing a show without much in the way of an explanation of why you think it needs a sequel is spam. If you have any questions feel free to pm myself or another member of the staff. ~indifference[/INDENT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Gotta go with [FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=4]monster rancher [/SIZE][/FONT] that's was truly an awesome series and the thing is moo or muu however you want to say it. could always come back but you have to pick a new hero to lead. because by now Genki would probraly be an adult.

[IMG]http://http://www.antoniogenna.net/doppiaggio/anim/monsterrancher.jpg[/IMG]

Guest kohryu26
sry to come in late but omg saiyuki must have sequel, AND NOT THAT RELOAD SACRILAGE!!!!!!!! i mean a real tue ADV sequel one with the same vioce actors!! :animeknow

Guest leyoko
[SIZE=1]I know it's been said a lot but [COLOR=Purple]1.Cowboy Bebop[/COLOR] cause I hated the ending so much and I need more . [COLOR=Purple]2.Dragonball Z[/COLOR] No matter how many people say it sucks,I think it's one of the greatest series.And by another season I mean only DBZ not that GT crap. [COLOR=Purple]3.Azumanga Daioh[/COLOR] What a hilarious show,any show that doesn't exactly have a plot but pure comedy deserves another season.And[COLOR=Purple] 4. Golden Boy[/COLOR] perverted or not,that was a great show.I would love to see more odd moments Kintaro makes plus the darn series was like only 6 eps.[/SIZE]

• 3 weeks later...
[quote name='5th Hokage']of all the great animes that have had only one season (trigun, cowboy bebop, outlaw star, DNA2, ect)which should be brought back for a second chance.[/quote]

[COLOR=Indigo]The series that I would love to see another season to would be [COLOR=DarkGreen][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Fruits Basket [/FONT] [/COLOR] and [COLOR=DarkGreen][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Loveless[/FONT][/COLOR]. Both are great stories and I love the personalities of the characters. Both of them had also ended with a feeling that the story wasn't complete :animeangr . Beginning to feel as though my taste runs for the animes that aren't completed and to get the rest of the story I have to buy the manga(not that I'm really complaining about it-typically get manga first then anime).[/COLOR]

I can only answer this for anime in general, not one-season anime. Shaman King MUST be continued. Let's recap the end:[COLOR=Black]Yoh[spoiler] defeats his evit twin, [/spoiler]everyone is happy until they find out that[spoiler] they have to go back to whatever,[/spoiler] until one day... [spoiler]"Oh, we forgot to finish the Tournament!"[/spoiler][/COLOR] What. The. Crap. At least tell me who wins or something!
[COLOR=SeaGreen][SIZE=1][INDENT][B]Aceburner[/B] I added spoiler tags to your post. When ever you mention something that could spoil a show for someone who has yet to see it always use spoiler tags. Just read the sticky at the top of the forum titled spoiler tags for quick instructions on how to use them. ~Aaryanna[/INDENT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[quote name='Aceburner]I can only answer this for anime in general, not one-season anime. Shaman King MUST be continued. Let's recap the end:[COLOR=Black]Yoh[spoiler] defeats his evit twin, [/spoiler]everyone is happy until they find out that[spoiler] they have to go back to whatever,[/spoiler] until one day... [spoiler]"Oh, we forgot to finish the Tournament!"[/spoiler][/COLOR'] What. The. Crap. At least tell me who wins or something![/quote]
[spoiler]He beats his evil twin?[/spoiler] I didn't know that. Well another one I jsut saw that need a continuation of some kind is kare kano. I mean it should have gone till they [spoiler]finished high school[/spoiler]. I mean seriously.
[COLOR=SeaGreen][SIZE=1][INDENT][B]Avenged666fold[/B] I added spoiler tags to your post as well. Just because the person before you revealed spoilers doesn't mean you can spoil it too. In fact you can edit the part of the post that you are quoting to cover what they revealed. ~Aaryanna[/INDENT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Hehehe!

[B]Wolf's Rain:[/B] There must be a second part [spoiler]they just started a new life I mean there really has to be a part for that(and hopefully they'll even find paradise this time, eh?[/spoiler] The charecters and pasts were well thought out and not one peice of the story was cliched in any way, or well my point of view.

[B]Ginga Nagareboshi Gin:[/B] I can wish can't I? But, it was done in the late 80s s yeah...