OtakuBoards

Anime that need a sequel/continuation

5th Hokage

The one series I REALLY want to have more to it is Fullmetal Alchemist. It had such great potential! I cried in the last episode, not just cause it was sad, but because I knew it was OVER! At least there's the movies, but it's just not the same. FMA was such a great series, and I think it had WAY more potential for plot developement than it was allowed in the 51 episodes. Plus many of those were just filler. :animecry: :animecry: :animecry: If I had a genie bottle, one wish would be for more FMA. And I also agree about Loveless, but I think there's gonna be more to the anime. (here's hoping!)

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[COLOR=Magenta]I think DNAngel should have a sequel becuase I wanna know what happens with Daisuke and Riku, as well as, well remember in the end when Risa and Hiwatari [spoiler]exchange funny/flirty looks?[/spoiler] lol yea I also want to know if they would have a relationship lmfao :animesmil

Oh, yea and how could I possibly forget?? Final Fantasy VII should have a sequel too. I want to see what Cloud :love: does afterwards...*sigh* Cloud is so hot....... [/COLOR]
[COLOR=SeaGreen][SIZE=1][INDENT][B]Mewprincess[/B], I added spoiler tags to your post. Please do not reveal aspects of a show that may spoil it for those who have yet to see it. For easy instructions on how to use spoiler tags just look at the sticky titled spoiler tags at the top of the section. ~Aaryanna[/INDENT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Girls Bravo 2 season's of the series just wasn't enough i don't mean to greedy or ungreatful but i think that show had the ablity to become a cult classic. you know in the rank of tenchi muyo cause everyone know's about him.But to Girls Bravo will always be a Classic to me. but who knows Maybe by [U]THE GRACE OF GOD [/U] that series will make a comeback.
[SIZE=4][COLOR=Red]SOMEDAY[/COLOR].[/SIZE]

[COLOR=DarkRed]I don't know if anyone has mentioned it yet, because I didnt read all the posts, but I think [B]Hellsing[/B] should have had a second season. I just got done watching the series a few days ago and I have to say that they really should have more than 13 episodes. Even the last episode was left off so they could continue it, I don't know why they don't. Anyways, I think they should continue Hellsing, I mean, like I said, 13 episodes just isn't enough for an anime this good.[/COLOR]

[quote name='Kurayami Oji][COLOR=DarkRed']Even the last episode was left off so they could continue it, I don't know why they don't. Anyways, I think they should continue Hellsing, I mean, like I said, 13 episodes just isn't enough for an anime this good.[/COLOR][/quote]

[SIZE=1]Hellsing was short because the anime series was made before the manga had really got into full swing. That's why it was so short, and the ending was so dissapointing. Most of the episodes are completely different to the events in the manga series.

But yes, Hellsing is an awesome series. You should read the manga, as it's even better.[/SIZE]

[QUOTE=Ezekiel][SIZE=1]Hellsing was short because the anime series was made before the manga had really got into full swing. That's why it was so short, and the ending was so dissapointing. Most of the episodes are completely different to the events in the manga series.

But yes, Hellsing is an awesome series. You should read the manga, as it's even better.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

I think i recall reading something about another OVA being made? I may be mistaken but it wasen't too long ago.

[QUOTE=Ezekiel][SIZE=1]Hellsing was short because the anime series was made before the manga had really got into full swing. That's why it was so short, and the ending was so dissapointing. Most of the episodes are completely different to the events in the manga series.

But yes, Hellsing is an awesome series. You should read the manga, as it's even better.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=DarkRed]Hmmm...I'm going to look into that, I'd like to read the manga^^[/COLOR]

I would love to see a sequel for:

[B]Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu[/B] I know there are novels and a manga based on it but I want more of the anime!

[B]Kare Kano[/B] The anime was way too open ended.

[B]Fruits Basket[/B] Many great characters and plot twists from the manga were never mentioned on the anime. I guess they ended the anime like that because Natsuki Takaya injured her drawing hand and had to have surgery, and couldn't work on the manga, so Studio DEEN had to think up their own ending.

[B]Full Moon wo Sagashite[/B] What happens to Takuto and Mitsuki in the end??

I wish there was a sequel to these shows:

Inuyasha-It was one of the best anime of all time to me.I liked how it focused around Inuyasha and Kagome all the time.

and

Fruits Basket--I miss seeing the way Yuki and Kyo acted when they were around Torhu.They seemed to just open up to her.It was cute.

Now all I can see is reruns. :animeangr

• 5 weeks later...
Here are the show that should have sequel:

s-cry-ed- the end was CRAP they did not explain who won the main land or the alters.

trigun-they did not explian what vash did after the whole nives thing.

cowboy bebop-they did not explian if spike [spoiler]died [/spoiler]and what about every else.

fullmetal alchemist-they did not explian if ed [spoiler]got back through the gate to al.[/spoiler]

All these need a new season

and many more i just can't think of them now :animestun
[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue][SIZE=1][INDENT][B]black rurouni[/B], when discussing aspects of a show that others may not have seen yet, always use spoiler tags. For easy information on how to use them just check the spoiler tag sticky at the top of the forum. Or if you have any questions feel free to pm myself or another member of the staff. ~indifference[/INDENT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[QUOTE=black rurouni]Here are the show that should have sequel:

s-cry-ed- the end was CRAP they did not explain who won the main land or the alters.

trigun-they did not explian what vash did after the whole nives thing.

cowboy bebop-they did not explian if spike [spoiler]died [/spoiler]and what about every else.

fullmetal alchemist-they did not explian if ed [spoiler]got back through the gate to al.[/spoiler][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=DarkGreen]I agree Scryed was utter crap.I still confuses me.

I felt Trigun really didnt need to in a sense Vash [spoiler] saved Knives from himself and thats what Rem wanted[/spoiler] so I was content with it.

[spoiler] Spike is dead people just made up a stupid story that he was alive because they felt it was sad and didnt like it[/spoiler]. I thought the ending was brillant

Another anime that needs a sequel is Berserk they call it season one but there are no plans for a second season. It felt like they did a half assed job since the manga has been revered as one of the best mangas of all time.[/COLOR]

Guest Thanatos_0
For all of you saying that you want to see a sequel to Hellsing I guess you're all in luck because a new Hellsing is supposed to come out on DVD on December 5 and is supposed to follow the manga a bit more than the old series did for all of you who read the mangas.
But to the point at hand I think that an anime, well actually a movie but still, that could have another sequel put onto it is Blood: The Last Vampire I thought that you could just add so much more to that and also to tell a bit more of a story about Saya because [spoiler]she said that the fake vampires fed off of people but she couldn't so i was wondering how she fed.[/spoiler]

• 1 month later...
There is a "sequel" to Blood: The Last Vampire.

Not sure if it`s a sequel, because it tells about Saya`s past (the time before the movie, though the movie happened near the WWII, but the new anime happens on year two thousandsomething, I think, so it`s kind of confusing).

It`s called Blood+. You should check that out.

[COLOR=Navy][SIZE=1][B]Some of you may not agree with me, but I think they should add a season onto Full Metal Alchemist. It would be kinda cool to see Ed and Al fighting together with [spoiler]Al's body back[/spoiler].

Well, it ended so suddenly, and with such few episodes... I just think that they should add onto it is all.[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[size=1][indent][color=#007520]I added spoiler tags to your post. Make sure to use them when talking about plot elements so as not to ruin the series for others. ;) -r2[/color][/indent][/size]

I would love to see a sequel to Fruits Basket!! and to Witch Hunter Robin...the ending left me pondering.... I NEED CLOSURE! It was almost painful!

Now that i just finished Loveless....I am sorely disappointed! what kind of ending is that?! It needs continuation!!!! grrrrrr I can honestly say that was one of the larger cliff hangers I have been faced with....but overall a pretty interesting anime!

I think Azumanga Daioh should have been a little longer. Not too much longer but the episodes should be a little longer than 5 minutes.

I also agree it should stay the same because it is four years of high school and adding on would destroy a big part of the plot, though.

But that's just me...