OtakuBoards

Anime that need a sequel/continuation

5th Hokage

I would have to say Acr the Lad could have another one I mean why not I want to see whats happens to the Arc and to the holy mother.Trigun even if it would only be a couple of shows I still want to see what happens.....And Vandread I now they are missing something in that show but I just don't know what!!!!

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest WOLFBANE
i think cowboy bebop should have a sequel like something dark and more about [spoiler]spike's past and how his death[/spoiler] effected the rest of the bebop crew

[COLOR=Navy]I added spoiler tags for your post so you wouldn't accidentally ruin the show for anyone who hasn't seen it. Next time, please do this yourself. It also wouldn't hurt to tighten up your writing a bit.

~Dagger~[/COLOR]

[color=sienna][font=comic sans ms] Hmmm well the only series I can think of that id like to see sequels to have been done in manga form, but nonethless id like to see them animated too.

[b]Hellsing:[/b] Like was said before the series doesnt do justice to the manga. While it did have amazing animation it was just alittle bit more confusing then it needed to be and it lacked the depth of the manga. It would really be nice if they went back and animated alucards other adventures and got more into the characters.

[b]Trigun:[/b] This is wishful thinking I know but id really love to see nightow's trigun:maximum series animated. THe original is still really great, but I do quite like maximums take on the storyline. I know that nightow has stated it wont be made into an anime but maybe he'll change his mind someday...

[b]KareKano:[/b] As I understand it this series was one of the(if not the last)series anno worked on and he quit quite suddenly(I heard he perfers to work on live action now and wont have anything to do with anime...). However the manga did continue on for quite some time and it would be nice if they went ahead and animated it. I believe the manga is up to like 15 or 20 some volumes? Needless to say that would provide plenty of content to make an extentsion of the series. [/color][/font]

• 2 weeks later...
[FONT=Century Gothic]I would just love for there to be a second season of Fruits Basket. I know that the manga is still in circulation, but there are still about 14 manga volumes out now so they could still make another season with maybe 22-25 episodes!!

After all, I want to know what happens between [spoiler]Tohru, Yuki, and Kyo. I also want to know if Kyo's shocking "Original Form" will somehow slightly affect his friendship with Tohru.[/spoiler] And as for [spoiler]Akito. I want to know how Tohru affected him. After all, he seemed so...conflicted after Tohru told him what was on her mind. I also do want to see Rin (the horse) and...what was the roosters name again?? Ah, well I want to see him to!![/spoiler]

One thing that bothers me about making sequels is that they probably wouldn't be the same. Not because it's a sequel, but because of time. When you really think about it, most anime that's release here is usually about two-three years old in Japan (at least usually) and then there's when you actually watch it. Some of the series I own on DVD were never aired on television so by the time I actually heard about them they were already and aditional year of two old (an example: Fruits Basket. I only bought the DVDs once I started reading the manga.)

What I'm trying to say is that it could be, like five years until you watch an anime since it was released in Japan. The producers, directors, animators, voice actors (Japanese and American) they could have changed. So it would turn out different and possibly turn out a sequel below expectations.

That's all I wanted to say (phew, that was quite a bit....)

Bis Bald!![/FONT]

While I would also love to see a second season of Fruits Basket, I did enjoy the ending of the original series. Given recent developments in the manga, I'm not certain that it would be possible for future episodes to cover some of the most monumental plot twists without making the first season look slightly... well, wrong. Moreover, some key characters were never even introduced in the anime, which would make incorporating them into a potential second season difficult and awkward at best.

[i]Please[/i] don't read the following paragraphs unless you aren't averse to learning about some really colossal spoilers.

[spoiler]First of all, as was revealed in the lastest chapter of the manga released in Japan, Akito is actually a woman.

Secondly--and this is more general--in the Fruits Basket manga, Shigure is generally portrayed as being much more conniving, devious and ruthless than he is in the anime. There's a pretty good chance that he will end up being the ultimate bad guy. Since he's such a benign figure in the television series, I don't know how later episodes would be able to go about showing the darker aspects of his nature while simultaneously advancing the storyline.[/spoiler]

But then again, Akitaroh Daichi is a genius. Maybe he could pull it off after all.

~Dagger~

I would like to see a sequal to the anime [B]Cowboy Bebop[/B].I loved that show to me it was the best.Untill somebody had to die and the show ended -.-.Anyway if they were to make a sequal to that show it would be number 1 for me again.Also I would like to see a sequal to [B]Fooly Cooly[/B] [I](Furi Curi,flcl,whatever you wanna call it.)[/I] I love this show alot.It was the 2nd anime I saw on adult swim and I loved it!To me that show was the best but sadly it was only 6 episodes long.If the made another version of it that would be more than 6 episodes to me it would be even better than cowboy bebop and any other show on adult swim.Last but not least I would like to see a sequal to [B]Rurouni Kenshin[/B].I liked that show to,I loved all of those cool samurai moves.I don't know why they ended it though.I think they should start a sequal about his son's adventures called Rurouni Kenji lol.

Guest TrAcKa05
Ok The best sequel ever would be to FLCL, Furi Kuri, Fooly Cooly. lol seriously and it has alot to grow on without diminishing the first season come on I mean what ever happens to Adamusk lol or Atamus or something lol and it could be continued later as Haruko said Nah Your still just a kid or something.. well Maybe she would come back and take Takun or w/e lol too many different names lol I prefer Takun hehe sooo it could be takun is just getting done with highschool or something and for some reason Haruko hasn't aged or something lol cause I would hate it if she was old. sorry about the grammar in this post lol im being rushed and its 8 a.m. and i havent slept yet so nitey nite

[COLOR=#503F86]TrAcKa05, please try and inprove your post quality- it's incredibly difficult to understand what you're saying. Use proper spelling wherever you're able (the use of abbreviations and internet slang to excess are against the [URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/rules.php?]rules[/URL] anyway), and adding a few full stops to break up your paragrahps would really help put across what you want to communicate. Thanks, heh.[/COLOR]

I wouldn't want Cowboy bebop to have a sequel, because the way it ended was so epic and cool, if a second series was made, I think it would ruin the legend that is Cowboy bebop.

But I would love to see a second series of outlaw star, seems as on the last episode it said "See you soon" or something like that, so I think, no I demand that a second series should be made!!! But, if they did make another series they would have to make up a completely new story line, seems all the business with melphena all wrapped up nicely, and if they did make up something completely new, it could ruin everything.

I think .Hack//Twilight of the bracelet should have a season because :love:I like all the characters, how they were drown,I like how the english voice acters do every characters,I love the beginning and ending song, and it is only 13 episodes and the last episode didn't make alot of sense[spoiler](where Shugo and Rena have to destroy their characters(kite and Blackrose) to save " The World", right after they got reunited.)[/spoiler] Also there was alot of questions that I had that the show didn't answer like[spoiler] (1) Did all the comatose people that play "The World" wake up? (2) Do Shugo and Rena ever get to see get other in the real world? (3) Do Shugo and Rena's parents ever going toget back to gether? Last do you ever get to see Shugo, Rena, and the others from Shugo's team(Ouka,Hikaru,Sanjiro and the rest can't remember their names) in the real world or meet each others in the real world?(like in .hack//SIGN at the end of the last episode, where Tsukasa and Subaru meet each other in the real world after Tsukasa could log out of "The World".[/spoiler] That's why I think .Hack//Twilight of the Bacelet shoul have a second season in my opinion.

Guest The Pro
Well, i tihnk that... Gundam Wing needed a Sequel becouse in the end of the series so many questions were unanswered. ( i know that most of them were answered in Endless Waltz, but that was a movie, and movies dont count so :P )
Like when Heero said [spoiler]"I will always be here for you, Rellena, whenever you need me." Or what happened after Wufie joined with Sally, or what happend to Trieze when they went to mars! I know the Gundams were blownn up, but still, ti would have been a great sotry without em! Or what happened to Heero and Rellena, becouse at the end of Endless Waltz, you see them standing together at a gate, and then some cherryblossoms blow, and its over![/spoiler] Needs a better ending if you ask me.

[quote name='inu-yasha-sama']well i could only think of the sequal of cowboy beebop nad trigun that will bring me pleasure[/quote]

This is spam, dear. Please go re-read the rules, and then start to put a bit more thought and effort into your posts. There's absolutely nothing wrong with short replies--so long as they're coherent, easy to read and actually say something of substance.

~Dagger~

Trigun should have a second series, hands down. And I would also like to see Cowboy Bebop have a second series too. But it would be depressing cause [spoiler]Spike is dead, and Ed & Ein left. All there is left is Faye and Jet, and all they like to do is fight. But it would also be depressing to watch Trigun cause Legato and Wolfwood are dead.[/spoiler] WHY DO ALL THE COOL CHARACTERS HAVE TO DIE?!?!?

Guest ScirosDarkblade
[quote name='Zero Tolerance']WHY DO ALL THE COOL CHARACTERS HAVE TO DIE?!?!?[/quote]

Because crappy anime writers think that they can add some substance and emotion to their show by adding uncalled-for and undeveloped death scenes a la Crouching Tiger. Oh well.

A series that could use a second season is certainly Love Hina. Considering its numerous inconclusive and redundant endings (Winter and Spring Specials, Love Hina Again), there's still plenty far to go. Even if Naru and Keitaro [i]start off[/i] married, considering the show is more than anything a nonsense comedy, there's more than enough opportunity for some funny stuff. Then there's the whole Haruka/Seta thing to explore. And Kitsune didn't get nearly enough character development...

[COLOR=SlateGray]Hey, what about [B]D N Angel[/B]?

I know it came to a reasonable ending and everything but I would have loved to have the creators have a second season similar to what they done with Digimon...okay, it's early in the morning so my writing is confusing...what I mean is, theme the storyline about 10 years in the future or something.

It would have been really good to see the relationships develop between the main characters, not to mention Daisuke's cute little kid (kawaii). I think they could have made it quite successful if they tried, but then again, I'm a huge fan of D N Angel so I would say that. :sweat:

Good animes like the others have mentioned here should take a look at Ranma 1/2. Seven seasons and how many OAV/Movies? It never gets boring.[/COLOR]

[quote name='Crucifix][COLOR=SlateGray']Good animes like the others have mentioned here should take a look at Ranma 1/2. Seven seasons and how many OAV/Movies? It never gets boring.[/COLOR][/quote]
Yet like Urusei Yatsura, Ranma 1/2 doesn't really go anywhere. That isn't a problem for anime which are primarily comedic, but it's the main reason I stopped watching Inuyasha. I was sick of struggling through annoying filler and repetitive battles; though Inuyasha would have made a fantastic seventy episode show, entire chunks of the series are poorly executed and utterly forgettable. Few anime with over three or four seasons are consistently good.

~Dagger~

FLCL: i just hope that they could make just one 1hr OVA ep maybe like based one part on Haruko, one on Mamimi, and one on Naota. i mean i just want more flcl XD

or something that comes after FLCL, like haruko chasing after Atkmus and finaly "eating" him
and Ninamori and Naota as a couple or something. Mamimi going to (?) and living her life as a photographer.

however, the series was perfect so i doubt that GAINAX would do it *deep sigh* :(

• 1 month later...
Let's take this one seriously...not just "the ending of ________ sucked balls, so they need another season to wrap it up right".

Really.

Which anime were so good that they'd warrant another season, which characters can you just not get enough of, etc.

Alternatively, which sequels just did NOT need to happen?

I'll get the ball rolling. I loved Vandread because of the great characters and even though the story ended satisfactorily after two seasons, I'd love a well done movie or sequel! I'd even watch it dubbed, if they kept the same voice actors!

Sequels that blew? Haven't seen one yet, although friends of mine have brought up the Nadesico movie and I saw baaaaad reviews for Steel Angel Karumi II !

I merged your thread with the "sequels" topic, which approaches this subject from a similar angle (i.e. which shows are good enough to deserve a second season, not which shows ended so badly that they [i]need[/i] a second season).

I haven't even finished Last Exile yet, but I would love to see a continuation. It's just such an all-around high-quality show.

The Read or Die franchise, which consists of an OVA, a television series and some rather iffy manga, has given itself plenty of room for expansion. The TV anime in particular really broadens the world of the OVA. Although the last few episodes are stellar and wrap things up very well, there's still a lot left to explore.

~Dagger~

Guest Angel of Death7
I believe Gundam Wing should have a sequel. The storyline was great and they need to continue with it. Although I do loathe a couple of people on the show (coughs..... Relena and Dorthoy!!!) Ooo bad cough there. Anyways, there should be more to the story; loves scences and ten times more action. I also think we should get to know more about Heero's past (not too much or it'll spoil the fun.). Not to mention we need to know more about the other four pilots (but if you read the manga Gundam Wing EPISODE ZERO, it helps you to understand about [I]your [/I] favorite character.).

Guest Mangolionmain
For those who have "On Demand".. I think one show from that should have a sequal to it should be.. "All Purpose Cultural Cat Girl Nuku Nuku: Dash!" because it had a great story line and that it is one of the best anime shows I've ever seen. :love:

• 1 month later...
[color=darkviolet]I had a hard time finding this thread...well no wonder, the last reply was almost 2 months ago.

I finally finished watching Princess9 yesturday and decided that the 26 episode anime of 9 girls trying to make it in boy's baseball, is in serious need of another season.

The ending made me a bit angry becuase [spoiler]They lost the last game before Koshien and you don't know if they ever get another chance again[/spoiler]. They could have done some more on Ryo and Takasugi's relationship as well.

Of course, if there is a second season or an OAV can someoen tell me?[/color]

I've only seen one person mention FLCL so far ( maybe I missed others? )

From what I hear, a sequel to FLCL is allready in the works. To what the content, I don't know. Nor do I know if the rumor is actually true. Though it does come from a friend who is OBSESSED ( to a very horrifying degree ) with FLCL.

If any of you have info on it, please share.

One very important reason why Trigun could NOT have a second season, is because of how far they moved away from the manga. The way the anime "ended" makes it impossible to continue with ANY sort of story. If they had followed the manga, then there could be MANY more seasons. I.E. [spoiler]Wolfwood would still be alive, as would Legato, and the Gung Ho Gunsmen. Nicholas is actually Chapel the Evergreen in the manga.[/spoiler] So, I would suggest reading the manga as your main source for Trigun excitement, and watching the anime for a sort of......"what if" scenario.