OtakuBoards

What do you think happens when we die?

Guest Gun Preacher

Guest Gun Preacher
i want to know what my fellow members think on this subject do you think you come back as something else,hevan,hell what do you think

[quote name='Gun Preacher']i want to know what my fellow members think on this subject do you think you come back as something else,hevan,hell what do you think[/quote]

You know we are friends and all right?

Well, maybe as a helping friend, I would ask that you would re-type that using spell check or something. Thanks!

Me being myself, I think almost everyone knows that I am a christian.
I have not only stated it many times, I have it in my signiture.
But if I need to, I shall explain.

I believe that Heaven and Hell exist.
I believe that people will go to Heaven, and people will go to Hell.

Lets say I were to die at this moment, I [My flesh] would die.
My Spirit would got to Heaven and I would be with my Father.

And please, if you wish to discuss this with me, don't post it, PM me.
I will help you the best I can.

Thanks for everything,

David

[size=1]I believe there is no conclusive evidence either for or against the existance of God/afterlife/whatever, and therefore, I am Agnostic. I would like to go to Heaven if one exists, but I wouldn't be surprised if all that is left after life is a black void.[/size]

[quote name='Retribution][size=1'] I am Agnostic. I would like to go to Heaven if one exists, but I wouldn't be surprised if all that is left after life is a black void.[/size][/quote]
[COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS]I guess I can relate, If there really is one out there, then it happens, then if there is a black void of absolute nothingness..then yeah that sounds like fun. However one would have to wonder when exactly will eternity end, and what are we going to do in a black void for all of it. Doesn't seem like to much enjoyment.

Yet there is still a part of me that thinks that this thread will get to voilent in the future. Hopefully that won't come to pass?[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[SIZE=1][quote name='Corey][size=1']I believe in recycling, so I hope that my soul would be funneled back into another body so it wouldn't go to waste.[/size][/quote]

That's pretty much where I stand, too. But as Retribution said, there's no possible evidence for an afterlife of any sort. People can only have theories and guesses. I know I don't believe in Heaven or Hell, as I'm pretty much an Atheist, but I'm sure there's [I]something[/I] else for our souls after we die.[/SIZE]

I believe that if we are good people in this life we would move on to become higher beings in Heaven. On the other hand, we can reincarnate to try to become better people is a trial and error process. At least that is what I like to believe. In the end if we didn't redem for our actions we would go to Hell. Is sad though.

I belive that if I've fulfilled my purpose on Earth, I'm heading on up to Heaven and becoming an archangel.

If I didnt, I'd become another demon in Hell.

If Lady Fate cant tell weather or not I've fulfilled my purpose....

Or I havent put in enough hours....

I guess I wont die and be united with my love[who isnt who everyone thinks it is!]

Until I've fulfulled my purpose.

I do belive in the afterlife too.

If Lady Fate knows that I've fulfilled my purpose, but doesnt know where I am to go....

I want to be reincarnated into a wolf or a bird of prey.

Or....

[I know this one'll seem farfetched....]

A phoenix.

There you have it.

Thank you For your time.

LF.

*comes into room*

Excuse me!
May I have your attention!

I would like to further explain myself on my post.
I see other people Posting what they think on the earth too!
So, I would like to join them in what they are doing.

I think that on this earth, you can die before you fulfill your meaning in life.
Its all a matter of choice. Like, I could die at any moment.
But I could not die if I make the right choice.
Do you understand?
People, I just want to explain what I mean.
But I can't think of the words.

Please, if you don't understand it, PM me!
I will help you the best I can!

Thanks for your time,

David

Here is what my ideal afterlife would be: If you are good, you get into a place like heaven or something of that nature, regardless of whether you were Christian or Buddhist or atheist or anything else. If you are bad, maybe go to a hellish place and possibly get reformed.

I do not actually believe in anything for certain, nor do I disbelieve anything. I am full agnostic. Which is usually seen as a horrible thing where I live because I am in the middle of the Bible Belt in Tennessee. My friends have tried to convert me on more than one occassion.

If death is truly the end of existence, it would not bother me. I would be dead and therefore unable to care any longer. I also would not mind a limbo-type place, where souls gather in sort of a void of nothingness. You would have a lot of time to think in limbo, and that's all I really want: the freedom to think all the time and nothing else.

[COLOR=#35425E][SIZE=1][QUOTE]What do you think happens when we die [/QUOTE]The best I'm hoping for is that we'll go into another dimension, live and speculate what lies beyond our deaths there, and slip yet again into another dimension.

I'd like to think that we're not just lucky strikes on a Multiverse-wide game of poker, like we are part of a really significant, kickass structure governed by rules and not randomness. I shall be really, really upset if the Multiverse got nothing in store for us after we die; we deserve at least a round of cocktails for living here on Earth.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[FONT=Trebuchet MS][color=red]Thank you, everyone, for rescuing this thread from Gun Preacher's terrible opening post.

Gun Preacher, there is information on our expectations of thread openers [thread=52331][u]here, in the Otaku Lounge Rules Sticky[/u][/thread]. The Sticky doesn't bite. Please read it, and take it into account before starting any more threads. Need clarification? PM me, or any other Moderator.[/color]

[/scary Mod voice]

I'm basically with Retribution and co here. Asked what I'd [b]like[/b] to happen after my death, I'd probably go with reincarnation. But I can't know, and it's useless speculating. Heck, I don't know what I'm going to eat for dinner tomorrow. How can I think as far ahead (and yes, I'd like it to be [b]quite[/b] far off) as my death?[/FONT]

[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]I don't wanna die
It scares me a lot
If god is a lie
Am I going to rot?
- Bad Acid Trip - Habits Of Clay[/COLOR]

Anywho, I have no friggin idea what's gunna happen, and I'm not gunna pretend to. What I do think is that we should worry about our lives instead of our deaths and just get the answers when they come.

I don't know what happens after death. I figure we just move on to whatever happens next. If you believe in heaven and hell or some other form of afterlife that rewards the righteous, that's your belief. I personally figure that we go on, and lacking much in the way of evidence as to what happens, I say it can't hurt to live a good life, but I won't let anyone else define for me what "good" is.

I don't know what happens after we die either, no one does (yeah, not even you, Hanabishi Recca ;D ), but my brains tell me, on basis of how things work in our everyday life, that [I]nothing[/I] happens. When the bodily functions turn off, so do our thoughts, senses and memories and everything. That's what I believe, at least.

Some people have said to me that my thinking is awfully pessimistic and unemotional. I think it's more pacifying than anything else. As we cease to exist, we will leave our earthly worries behind. Isn't that Heaven to you? If there's nothing except this life, doesn't it also encourage you to live it to the fullest? Why waste your time here worrying about what comes next? Nobody is going to give you the ultimate truth about it, so why wait?

Our time is now.

[COLOR=Sienna]There's a Spanish train that runs between
Quadalquivir and old Seville,
And at dead of night the whistle blows,
and people hear she's running still...

And then they hush their children back to sleep,
Lock the doors, upstairs they creep,
For it is said that the souls of the dead
Fill that train ten thousand deep!!

-Chris De Burgh, Spanish Train

Err, sorry, I just felt like posting that. Anyways, I'm in no way a religious man - in fact I detest relegion in general - so I don't believe in some happy-happy-joy-joy afterlife. I believe that, simply, it's best not to ask questions. I don't really care what happens when I die - afterall, I'll be to dead to enjoy or suffer, right? There's no immortal soul or somesuch ********, so I have nothing to worry about - right? [/COLOR]

[color=dimgray][size=1]

I'm an optimist and pseudo-relegious. I'm classified as Christian, and those beliefs are my own predominatly, though those beliefs are personified in several other world relegions. Also, it's possible for me to see guidance in other relegions.

But that's not the point. Being as I am, I believe in an afterlife for the human soul. I just don't think our mind's and spirit's would just cease to be in death. Otherwise, there wouldn't be much logic in being a creative and artistic person. I mean, I believe if we didn't have souls, then we wouldn't have found reasons as a species to evolve our minds past basic survival. There wouldn't really be much purpose to it.

So I believe in a heaven more than anything. If there isn't then there atleast has to be something in store for the human soul after our short lives are over. Maybe heaven, maybe purgetory, maybe reincarnation, maybe hell... but there's gotta be something there on the other end of life. Atleast, that's how I feel.[/color][/size]

[color=#9933ff][font=lucida calligraphy]I'm bored and my thread about the cows in the Neon kinda died. So I'm wondering who believes that Hell exists and who doesn't on this board.

I for one really don't buy into the Christian idea of eternal damnation- even though I was raised Catholic listening to my paternal grandmother talk about that when she wasn't talking about the end of the world.

I believe in reincarnation where you get kharmic payback for your past live's actions. I also think I may be messing up reincarnation. But I really don't believe in Hell.

So does anyone else want to share their opinions on this subject? I think if a discussion gets going I'll actually have some longer posts.[/color][/font]

Guest Gun Preacher
Thanks for your thoughts and it would be nice to die and go to another deminsien but i think if we lived a good life we go to hevan live bad life hell

[size=1][color=slategray]I believe that when we die, we die. Nothing afterwards. Our brain ceases to work and our bodies deteriorate. The person you were no longer exists. Yet, I have yet to discover the logical explaination of ghosts if that's what happens. I guess some things cannot be explained, or maybe "ghosts" are just our own minds playing games with us.

Anyway, personally, I'm Atheist. So no, I do not belive in Heaven or Hell. To a point I believe in reincarnation. But that is hard to explain as well.

At this point in life, I don't think anything happens to you. You are buried and you are marked. That's about it.[/color][/size]

[size=1][font=georgia]Who knows. For me, I don't know for sure what happens, so I just keep quiet. If I were to stick with a belief though, it would be death is death. It's like slumber; when you go to sleep, you're usually not aware and you'll wake up the next day. When you're dying and eventually dead, you are sleeping..except well, you're heart and stuff don't beat at all anymore and you never wake up. You're not aware you wake up, and so, there, you're dead anyway. Just like sleeping.

That thought kind of scares me, actually. Not being able to experience things ever again...*shiver*[/size][/font]

[QUOTE=Papa Smurf]Hell definitely exists. Just check out Wisconsin.

(hopefully someone here has seen Dogma?)[/QUOTE]

You talking about the conversation that goes something like

Last Scion - Sow where'd She send them, Hell?
Metatron - Worse. Wisconsin.

or is that from part of the movie I can't recall offhand?

[size=1][b]Charlie:[/b] Where am I, Purgatory?
[b]Wesley:[/b] Worse, Texas!
~Nurse Betty.

Anyway, I believe in Heaven after death. I've always done so, and don't see a reason why not. Of course you can't prove what happens with you after death. The most likely thing is that you just... stop living. But that's why it's also called "believe", right? Right.[/size]