OtakuBoards

Coolest Song in the World This Week

Albert Flasher

[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]As of Now:
[B]Changes (Three Doors Down)[/B]

I simply love the guitar at the begining, it just makes the song oh so perfect. I'm not one who really listens to the words of a song, moe of the beeat, don't get me wrong because I DO listen to the lyrics its just their not that important to me. I figure its the beat that graps you at first but the words are what makes you cling.

Changes in my veiw is an amazing song, with lyrics that aren't so snazzy but, they do fit my mood at this time. Lots of changes and transitions, but hey its always fun.[/COLOR]

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mmm, my song right now is "The Recluse" by Cursive. I'm sure most of you know them. They're pretty amazing overall but this song is one of my favorites. The music even sort of reminds me of spiders and I love his voice in it, how it never gets too loud and stays pretty soft. The female singing just adds something a little deadly to it. It's a great song.

Oh and the person that suggested Dead Can Dance is great. They're always good for any mood.

[COLOR=DarkOrange]Been a whole week but I haven't really heard anything new. At all. I just been listening to my old repetoire of tracks again and again.

I have grown attached to my [B]Mastodon[/B] CD [B]Blood Mountain[/B]. I'm digging on all three [B]Agalloch[/B] disks and my [B]Ayreon[/B] CD [B]The Human Equasion[/B] has yet to see a dull moment.

Ah, wait! i almost forgot, the [B]Maps and Atlases[/B] page on Purevolume now contains 7 tracks! They are ALL win! I especially love [B]Stories About Ourselves[/B] for the killer bassline. I reccomed these to everyone.

Also, the released a video on youtube of [B]The Ongoing Horrible[/B] which you seriously have to see to believe. It's AMAZING.[/COLOR]

I've actually have a couple of songs that I've listen to a bunch this week.

Tupac - Thug Mansion (Which you could also put Nas' Thug Mansion)

(I don't really have an idea why, I just like it. I like the way Tupac raps)

Tupac - Life Goes on

(I like the feel of the song. Its kinda sad, but I like the way its told)

I know, I know, Tupac all day. But who actually reads the other peoples posts?

*edit*

Here is the lyrics for Thug Masion -> [URL=http://artists.letssingit.com/thug-mansion-lyrics-thug-mansion-3gwncfv]HERE[/URL]

Guest NIKI12345
For me right now its all about the Fall Out Boys. "This is a arm race". I also like the new remix. I also like the song if we were a movie and cupids chokehold. Those are my absolute favorites right now.

Guest Heero yuy
Beethoven-7th symphony

Camu Tau-Plot for a little

Fear Before The March Of Flames-Sarah Goldfrab, where are your manners?

I'm going old school.

[SIZE=1] This week it's a four way tie between:

[B] The Paperthin Hymn [/B] | Anberlin
[B] The Once And Future King [/B] | Bloc Party
[B] Reinventing Your Exit [/B] | underØATH
[B] The Pioneers [/B] | Bloc Party

why I say this is bevcause I'm beginning to drop the electro from my playlist after recently purchasing [B][U]A Weekend In The City[/B][/U] by Bloc Party.[/SIZE]

[COLOR=Gray]This week it's probably...

[b]Mr. Tambourine Man[/b] by... William Shatner.

I downloaded the song as a joke - and, for a while, I listened too it because it was hilarious. But now I can't get enough of it... it freakin rules! His 2004 album, Has Been, is also great on a purley musical level... the guy is so great because he doesn't take himself seriously. I love it![/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkOrange]Been outta the loop for a while now. I haven't been doing musical research at all lately in light of my newly recovered anime-dom and current lack of cash. In light of that I've been revisiting a lot of classics such as the [B]Gorillaz [/B] albums, two of the greatest pieces ever conceived, and some other stuff I haven't been hitting so much lately.

A lot of focus has also been on [B]Tenacious D[/B] with having just purchased the DVD and inviting my friend over so that he, my brothers, and I could sing-along with the movie. Great times.

Song of the week? none in particular. Just push in the Tenacious D album and chill to [B]Lee [/B] and [B]Karate [/B] and pump out some phat gorillaz tunes to chill yo head.

Oh, wait, don't let me forget. [B]Billy and Mandy' Big Boogie Adventure The Movie [/B] just hit Cartoon Network and the insert song [B]Scardy-O[/B] is pure undisturbed gold. You must hear it to conceive it ;) [/COLOR]

[SIZE=1] this week it's another Bloc Party song, off their new album: [B][U] A Weekend In The City [/B][/U]:

[B]Where Is Home?[/B]

I pick this song, cos it has very disturbing lyrics [which manage to exploit the truth] about racial bias.
plus, the violins, violas and the cello clashing with the electric guitars, the bass guitar, the drums and the electronic effects toward the end of the song, make the song sound like a much more aggressive version of Helicopter.[/SIZE]

[COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=1]I'm knee deep in guitar-based riffing madness!

[B]Don Caballero[/B]- For Respect

The pauses in the beginning and Damon Che's amazing drum work never ceases to impress.

[B]The F**king Champs[/B]- Never Enough Neck (Pt. 1 & 2)

The bassless trio of harmony rhythmn metal have been in heavy rotation. Superb song structures.

[B]Piglet[/B]- Bug Stomp

Anyone fans of [B]Maps & Atlases[/B]? Just imagine it without vocals and a tad better. :^)
[/size][/COLOR]

[color=crimson]Coolest song of this week is [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7r0KpWMNxnM]Uncommon Valor: A Vietnam Story[/url] by Jedi Mind Tricks.

The song is divided into two parts. The first verse is the told from the point of view of a soldier fighting in Saigon and starts to doubt the point of the war after watching atrocities taking place.

The second verse is supposedly a true story about the rapper's father. It's his story in Vietnam and has no happy ending.[/color]

This past week a friend of mine introduced me to Ben Folds, my favourite songs of him [so far] being "Narcolepsy" and "Zak & Sara". The guy's a great pianist with some catchy tunes. I'm certainly humbled as a pianist listening to this. It's always good to be introduced to a musician that's inspiring to you.

my fav this week is 'Through The Glass' by Stone Sour
I've been listening to this song for a month and I still like it ^_^
First time I heard it in sone Gravitation AMV on YouTube.

Another one is "The Warrior's Prayer' by Manowar.
I like this band so much, they're 'Metal Kings' as they used to say, hehe ^^

First week doing this, blah blah blah.
From a lack of time to sit around and listen to the radio lately, I have been solely listening to music from OnDemand on Comcast.

Two songs I like lately are [I]Dig[/I] by Incubus and [I]Smiley Faces[/I] by Gnaris Barkley. When I first came across [I]Dig[/I] , it reminded me of [I]Warning[/I] by Incubus. After listing to it a few times later, I can hear the difference now and started to really get stuck in my head. This song have a nice message also. As for [I]Smiley Faces [/I] , just plain catchy and has a really cool funny video.

[SIZE=1] I picked: [B][U] The Price Of Gasoline[/B][/U] By Bloc Party, cos it has this very aggressive sound and loud message the track has, it also has this very 1979 feeling to it.

[B][U]Honourable Mentions[/B][/U][/SIZE][list]
[*]Survivalism / Nine Inch Nails | Year Zero
[*]The Writing On The Walls / Underoath | Define The Great Line
[*]Nine Thou [Superstars Remix] / Styles Of Beyond | Need For Speed Most Wanted Soundtrack
[/list]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=SlateGray]My boyfriend had recently picked up a [B]CD[/B] by Timberland from Best Buy and I happened to hear one of the tracks that caught my ears. The track is, One N Only with The Fallout Boys (I hope I spelled that right.). I simply love the beat and the lyrics itself are catchy. The first verse and chorus are my favorite part of the song. The first verse is a true fact (In in a females position as well.) and of course it gets the flow going in the song.

[CENTER][I]'[Timbaland:]
I'm head over heels for someone I- that I really can't deal with.
I wanna block her out my mind but I really can't do it (do it).
I tell myself "This the last time Imma let her do this to me."
But whenever we do spent time,
I realize that I just can't get enough of you.'[/I][/CENTER]

The chorus is very catchy with its flow of ryhming, as well as a good point brought out in the whole song itself.

[I][CENTER]'To be despised,
To be loved,
To be dreamt of,
To be sought,
I'm the inside of "I don?t care",
Right in the middle, I?m right in the middle,
To be despised,
To be loved,
To be dreamt of,
To be sought,
I'm the inside of "I don?t care",
Be my unholy,
My one and my lonely.'[/CENTER][/I]

I stole his CD (Okay barrowed...wait we live together...so damn it's mine too...lol.) and popped it in the computer. Once it was stored in the iTunes library; Right into my iPod it went. Of course as I'm typing this post, I'm listening to it (^.^). This is indeed the greatest song in the whole wide world this week in my list.[/COLOR][/FONT]

[COLOR=DarkOrange]Well, I haven;t really been exploring into anything new recently. Just been playing my old stuff like crazy, namely the CDs I haven't listened to as much lately. The reason for this being that I don't get paid for a while, so I don't want to make myself want to buy all these CDs.

Just over the past hour or so I've been streaming [B]Mogwai [/B] tracks, and they seem to be a really cool post-rock band. I like that most of what I've heard isn't overly quiet, but just generally cool. My favorite song so far has been [B]Travel is Dangerous[/B]. Good stuff, there. Nifty video too. [/COLOR]

[FONT=Arial]I have a couple of new songs that I've been listening to more than usually lately.

Since I neglected to do this a couple weeks ago, here is what I was obsessed with a couple weeks ago:

[B]The Human Face, Divine[/B] by [B]Norma Jean[/B] - This is my favorite song off of Bless the Martyr, Kiss the Child, and I'm not all that sure why. I really really love the guitar and metalcore in general.

[B]Love You Dead[/B] by [B]Keating[/B] - This song is by an indie band that my friend put on a CD for me. It's pretty catchy and accurately describes some of the characters in my vampire stories.

[B]Beware the Jubjub Bird and Shun the Frumious Bandersnatch[/B] by [B]Forgive Durden[/B] - This song has obvious vampire references. I'm such a sucker (no pun intended) for those.

Now for recently:

[B]Infra-Red[/B] by [B]Placebo[/B] - I just love it. Placebo is one of my favorite bands and this song has been my recent favorite by them.

[b]Iris[/B] by the [b]Goo Goo Dolls[/B] - Another song that reminds me of some of my vampire characters. For some reason it makes me want to cry. I also found a video on YouTube that paired this song with scenes from Titanic. That was amaaaazing.

[b]Under the Milky Way[/B] by [b]The Church[/B] (and as covered by [B]Kill Hannah[/B]) - Both versions are pretty haunting, and yet another song reminding me of those vampires.

[b]Phenomena[/B] by the [b]Yeah Yeah Yeah's[/B] - The same friend that gave me Keating and Forgive Durden showed me this song, and I just adore it.

[B]3 Libras[/B] by [B]A Perfect Circle[/B] - Another one from that friend. I'm in love with it, plain and simple. (Speaking of which, I just finished one song on my ipod and while waiting for the next one to start I imagined this one coming on...and it did!)

[b]On the Arrow[/b] by [b]AFI[/B] - Of course, what would any of my lists be without my most favorite band of all time? I've been figuring out the harmony for it this week, which has definitely drawn me closer to it. It's one of my most favorite songs by them, and made me cry the first time I heard it. <3

[b]Lucio[/b] by [b]rufiomercutiopistachioadagio[/b] - I found this musician on myspace and listened to this song because I have a vampire character named Lucio. I was amazed by the lyrics and immediately put it on my own profile, where it still is (I found the song a month or so ago). I really wish it was on a CD or that it had tabs on the internet, because I love it that much.[/FONT]

[COLOR=DarkOrange]been eating up them [B]Mogwai [/B] tracks. May just make my 'to-buy' list.

Anywho, [B]Headbangers Ball [/B] just ended, and so I thought it necessary to pull some of the savory tracks to light. Firstly, [B]Sanctity of Brothers [/B] by [B]Unearth[/B]. The riff in this song is absolutely killer, and I'm a sucker for great riffs. Giving that most of what I've heard from them is pretty good, I may just pick up [B]III - In The Eyes of Fire[/B].

[B]Cry of the Black Birds [/B] by [B]Amon Amarth [/B] is quite a sweet track. I found myself headbaging the whole way through - a good sign. I've had mostly mixed feelings about this band, but I may purchase [B]With Oden On Our Side [/B] cuz I've liked a bit of it, and [B]Jakehammaren [/B] reccommends it so very highly.

Also, the new [B]Otep [/B] song [B]Ghost flowers [/B] is pretty cool. For once we actually see the rest of the band (not that I'm complaining about seeing Otep.... she be hawt)[/COLOR]

[SIZE=1] This week it's a Bloc Party song:

[B] Blue Light[/B] [and the Anti Gravity Mix]

I picked on this one cos I've been feeling very depressed with what had happened yesterday in Virgina, and now I've got this sense of paranoia, this song calms the nerves a bit. from my prospective it sounds like a cry for help, a scream for complete and total silence and harmony, it just makes me want to feel good to still be alive....it also makes me want to hold my girlfriend in my arms, again.[/SIZE]

[font=arial]I haven't been listening to much new stuff lately - in fact I have spent much of my time re-discovering older tracks in my library.

But this week my most-listened to song would have to be [b]If I Was Your Vampire[/b] by Marilyn Manson. It's been previewed on the band's mySpace and thusfar it's the first single from the new album that I actually like (so far I haven't been a fan of Heart-Shaped Glasses at all).[/font]