OtakuBoards

Coolest Song in the World This Week

Albert Flasher

[COLOR=DarkOrange]Okay, [B]Coheed and Cambria [/B] is my new favorite band, and if you'd like to know why, do me a favor. See my sig? There are 2 links it in. Watch the first, then the second. That song, [B]The Final Cut[/B], when played live, is easily one of the greatest songs ever.

Also, I've been listening to some songs from [B]Shabutie [/B] (what Coheed was before Coheed) and they've got some really freaking scary stuff. These are some of the most disturbing songs I've ever heard, no kidding. My favorite one is [B]Godfather's Lollipop[/B], though [B]Camouflage [/B] is great as well. These songs will melt your freaking skull/

EDIT: [B]Claudio's [/B] side project, the[B] Prize fighter Inferno [/B] roxxors too. [url=http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZVl43prnV0k][B][COLOR=DarkOrange]The Margretteville Town Dance[/COLOR][/B][/url] is pwn[/COLOR]

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[QUOTE=2007DigitalBoy][COLOR=DarkOrange]Okay, [B]Coheed and Cambria [/B] is my new favorite band, and if you'd like to know why, do me a favor. See my sig? There are 2 links it in. Watch the first, then the second. That song, [B]The Final Cut[/B], when played live, is easily one of the greatest songs ever.

Also, I've been listening to some songs from [B]Shabutie [/B] (what Coheed was before Coheed) and they've got some really freaking scary stuff. These are some of the most disturbing songs I've ever heard, no kidding. My favorite one is [B]Godfather's Lollipop[/B], though [B]Camouflage [/B] is great as well. These songs will melt your freaking skull/

EDIT: [B]Claudio's [/B] side project, the[B] Prize fighter Inferno [/B] roxxors too. [url=http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZVl43prnV0k][B][COLOR=DarkOrange]The Margretteville Town Dance[/COLOR][/B][/url] is pwn[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Yes Claudio is god I myself have quotes from my favorite songs off of Good Apollo I'm a Burning Star Part 1: Fear Through the Eyes of a Madman.

I love them and I'm waiting for the new cd to see how the new bandmates do. I also like some of the songs from Claudio's side project.

Did you know that every Coheed and Cambria song tells a story that is being put into comic form by Claudio it will soon be out the comic that is made by Evil Ink Comics the name of the Comic I forget.

[QUOTE=Inuyasha7271]Yes Claudio is god I myself have quotes from my favorite songs off of Good Apollo I'm a Burning Star Part 1: Fear Through the Eyes of a Madman.

I love them and I'm waiting for the new cd to see how the new bandmates do. I also like some of the songs from Claudio's side project.

Did you know that every Coheed and Cambria song tells a story that is being put into comic form by Claudio it will soon be out the comic that is made by Evil Ink Comics the name of the Comic I forget.[/QUOTE]

[COLOR=DarkOrange]i believe you mean 'from fear through the eyes of madness' and yes, I am well-versed in the lore behind the series. For those of you who don't know, though, this is as good a place as anywhere to explain.

The [B]Coheed and Cambria [/B] albums are a continuing concept album written by [B]Claudio Sanchez [/B] and is a totally epic sci-fi story. The scale is insanely grand, with the entire solar system coming into play in the storyline. I wouldn't want to spoil any of the awesome plot, famous for leaving so much open to interpretation ([B]Claudio's [/B] lyrics are a bastard.)

now, the story of these albums has always ben meant to have comic form. The first Coheed album, [B]The Second Stage Turbine Blade[/B], was to have monthly voluminal releases, but after only 2 comics, the artist went on hiatus, abandoning the project. Years later, the band's third album, [B]Good Apollo I'm Burning Star IV, Volume One: From Fear Through The Eyes of Madness[/B], was released alongside a 120 page graphic novel following the story.

The artwork in the GN is simply outstanding (I own it and absolutely love it), though it can be kind of confusing at times. Because of restraints in page count do to Claudio's lack of cash to push the project, a lot of the story ws apparently left out.

After the album dropped, though, Coheed found massive success and they now have enough money to 'do whatever they want'. Despite [B]Christopher Shy's [/B] amazing work on the previous graphic novel, Claudio turned to a new artist and decided to do the entire series in order from the beginning. the first of these comics will drop in the coming months.

For more info, I'd suggest the rather thorough Wiki.[/COLOR]

Guest Kenei
Um, gonna go w/Survivalism from NIN. love that song. :catgirl: eventually i'm gonna pick up the CD, but when that's gonna be? no clue.

[COLOR=DarkOrange]Ai, curse my lack of wanting to listen to many songs do to lack of cash to spend on CDs. It occurs to me that while I did talk about them in another thread, I never mentioned [url=www.woodsofypres.ca][COLOR=DarkOrange][B]Woods of Ypres[/B][/COLOR][/url] here. If you have the slightest affinity for post-rock or epic folk metal then they are an absolute must, especially the track [B]A Meeting Place And Time[/B]. Check them out by clicking their name above. 4 songs are on the site.

Also, rementioning [B]Shabutie[/B], I have discovered the tracks [B]Wake Up [/B] and [B]Kinderwhore[/B], both of which are absolutely bloody awesome and get my full reccomendation.

Also, there are some [B]Static X[/B] songs I need to check out to determine wether I'd like to buy their new album, [B]Cannibal[/B]. I saw them in concert the other day and they were great, so i'm opted to hear more.[/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Inuyasha7271]Coolest song of the week for me has to be

WONDER BOY- by Tenacious D so amazing.[/QUOTE]

[COLOR=DarkOrange]that it is.

lol, I posted this in the wrong thread...[/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkOrange]the song [B]Four Winds [/B] by [B]Bright Eyes [/B] is a nice surprise for a song on MTV! I was just listening to it thinking, "well, here's a nice lil indie track with some nifty violin" then the lyrics kick in and it was like "holy ****, this is cool!" I really like the messages in this song and especially a certain part that I currently have in my sig.

[I][SIZE=1]The Bible's blind, the Torah's deaf, the Qur'an's mute
If you burned them all together you'd get close to the truth still
They're pouring over Sanskrit on the Ivy League moons
While shadows lengthen in the sun[/SIZE][/I][/COLOR]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
[SIZE=1] this week it's a tie between [B][U] Six[/B][/U] by [B][U] All That Remains[/B][/U] and [B][U] D.A.N.C.E. [MSTRKRFT Edition][/B][/U] by [B][U] Justice Vs. MSTRKRFT[/B][/U]

I picked the first one cos, it's the second hardest song in Guitar Hero II plus it's a good harcore metal song, it gets better towards the end.

I picked the second one cos, it's a break from the trance music I've been listening to, it's got this very Death From Above instead of disco feel to it.[/SIZE]

[COLOR=DarkOrange]Holy crap, it's been a while! Anyway, of over the course of the past 3 weeks or so I've been listening to pretty much nothing but MSI. I have become addicted to their music. I have like 35 of theirs songs on my youtube favorites and every few days theres a new group of them I listen to most. My favorites right now are probably [B]Pay For It[/B], [B]1989[/B], [B]Futures[/B], [B]Bring the Pain[/B], [B]Tight[/B], [B]What Do They Know[/B], [B]Straight to Video[/B], [B]Shut Me Up[/B], and [url=http://youtube.com/watch?v=xBiAx7h4Q5c][B][COLOR=DarkOrange]Bed of Roses[/COLOR][/B][/url].

(will update with links)[/COLOR]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]This week it is a definite tie between [B]"Hey There, Delilah"[/B] by [I]Plain White T's[/I] and [B]"Head Over Feet"[/B] by [I]Alanis Morisette[/I].
I just started hearing [B]"Hey There, Delilah"[/B] on the radio this past week. I had never heard it before, but now it's on EVERY SINGLE TIME I'M IN THE CAR. But I'm not complaining because I like it!
[B]"Head Over Feet"[/B] came on the radio two days ago and again yesterday, and I had forgotten how much I love Alanis! :D[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE=1] my playlist has slowly been expanding, and my three favourite songs are not by Bloc Party or any of the other bands I normally rant about.

[INDENT]1. [B][U] Tonight, Tonight[/B][/U] / The Smashing Pumpkins | Mellon Collie And The Infinite Sandness
I picked this one cos it fuses abstract lyrics, strings and accoustic elements alltogether in one swift execution of 04:14

2. [B][U] Talk[/B][/U] / Coldplay | X & Y
I picked this one cos of the wierd spaced out feeling I get when I listen to this song, the guitar solo at the the end of the song is awesome, and the guitar riff is really really catchy.

3. [B][U] Nothing But You [Signal Fire Remix][/B][/U] / Paul Van Dyk Vs. The Outfit
I like the trippy feeling, that's hard to describe when I listen to this song, I never knew that vocal trance could put me on a really big high...[/INDENT][/SIZE]

[COLOR="darkorange"]I have become addicted to [B]Dredg[/B]! (talked about more in music blog) Anyway, they have a lot of cool songs, but my favorite of them is probably [url=http://youtube.com/watch?v=-2LM-3M4TXc] [B][COLOR="DarkOrange"]Lechium[/COLOR][/B][/url]. The switching from heavy parts to more somber and melodic parts is melodic, and that guy's voice is amazing. First band I've ever heard that was comperable to Co&Ca.[/COLOR]

[SIze=1] I pick on [B][U] Time Is Running Out[/B][/U] and [B][U] Supermassive Black Hole[/B][/U] both by [B][U] Muse[/B][/U] cos almost everything about both songs are so damn catchy. Then there's [B][U] Radiohead[/B][/U] and their song [B][U] There There[/B][/U] which is also very catchy.[/SIZE]

[FONT="Arial"][U][B]1. Blaqk Audio; "Bitter for Sweet"[/B][/U]
This is an electronica project made up of Davey Havok and Jade Puget of AFI. Right now they have two songs out, this one and "Stiff Kittens," which can both be heard on the [U][url=http://www.myspace.com/blaqkaudio]Blaqk Audio myspace[/url][/U]. This song is my favorite of the two, though I haven't heard Stiff Kittens as often. The lyrics to the first verse are in my signature right now. Their album, CexCells, is coming out August 14.
[B]
[U]2. The Cult; "Painted on My Heart"[/B][/U]
My friend sent this song to me the other day, and I've listened to it quite a bit. I can't really explain why I like it so much, but I'm fond of a lot of 80's songs like this.

[U][B]3. HorrorPops; "Walk Like a Zombie"[/B][/U]
This is just some fun psychobilly, which is pretty much a mixture of rockabilly (the style of music from the 1950s) and punk (I believe). HorrorPops, as well as several other psychobilly groups, are influenced by horror movies and incorporate that into their music. I haven't heard much by HorrorPops, but I love this song and "Julia."[/FONT]

[SIZE=1] This week with all this crap going on [fires all over the western states / more death out in the middle east / massive temperature spikes] I've found my self dancing to [B][U]World On Fire [Club Mix][/B][/U] by [B][U]Sarah McLachan Vs. Junkie XL[/B][/U] it just sums up my thoughts and has this addicting trance feel to it, now all I need is a club full of my friends to dance with, then I would be happy.

Also I pick on [B][U]Watching Cars Go By [Cyberwhore][/B][/U] by [B][U]Felix Da housecat[/B][/U] cos it's one of those tracks that has an alternative feeling to it while realising that it's drenched in electro[/SIZE]

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]I just got the first [B]Dredg [/B]album, [B]Leitmotif[/B]. It consist of...

[B]1[/B]. Symbol Song
[B]2[/B]. Movement I: @45 N, 180 W
[B]3[/B]. Lechium
[B]4[/B]. Movement II: Crosswind Minuet
[B]5[/B]. Traversing through the acrtic cold, we searched for the spirit of Yuta/intermission
[B]6[/B]. Movement III: Lyndon
[B]7[/B]. Penguins in the desert
[B]8[/B]. Movement IV: RR
[B]9[/B]. Yatahaze
[B]10[/B]. Movement V: 90 Hour Sleep

The entire album is amazing, especially if listened to all together. The only part where I loose interest is intermission, which is like 2 minutes of random sounds and silence, but other than that the whole album is simply wonderful. It's like [B]the Mars Volta[/B], only with less things laid over each-other.

The 5 movements are all instrumental interludes, some long and some short, but all leading either into or away from one of the 5 major tracks. Of the major tracks, my favorites are [B]Symbol Song [/B](actually a Chinese cahracter looking thing, though their site lists it as 'Symbol Song') and [B]Yatahaze[/B], but all 5 are breathtaking and unique.[/COLOR]

Coolest song in the world right now? For me? Can I say two?

"Ok, Time For Plan B" by [b]Enter Shikari[/b] and
"Orchestra Of Wolves" by [b]Gallows[/b].

Both are full of energy, and I think that's what music needs more of. That's just me. Actually, I bought the Gallows album ([i]Orchestra Of Wolves[/i]) today. If you like hardcore kind of punk rock, you'll definitely think it's the coolest thing in the world right now. And Enter Shikari, too.

[FONT="Arial"]Right now I'm completely obsessed with "Stiff Kittens" by Blaqk Audio. It's really not a silly song, despite the silly title (which was supposedly taken from the name Joy Division was first advertised as). Considering how much I love their first two tracks, I bet Blaqk Audio's premiere album is going to knock me off my feet.

Davey's voice in this song is very reminiscent of that of Depeche Mode (at least compared to the few songs I've actually heard of DM, but I'm not the only one who thinks so).
[SIZE="1"][I]
We are all still the same dear. I have owned this life forever,
I'll always remain.
If it's just the same dear, why have you left before "forever"
yet returned again?

If you show me heaven I will meet you there.

How it breaks their hearts that we've made and art of desecrating our sanctuaries.

We're one and the same dear, you were born for this. Forever forget your restraint.
Remnants of a past here pass like light through dust as memories fall fleeting like pain.

If you show me heaven I will meet you there.[/I][/SIZE]

As I've said before, Blaqk Audio is the electronica side project of Davey and Jade from AFI, and it is just so so SO GOOD. If you like AFI or electronica or both, I urge you to go listen to Blaqk Audio ([URL="http://myspace.com/blaqkaudio"][u]myspace[/u][/URL]) right now.[/FONT]

[FONT="Garamond"][SIZE="2"]I'm really obsessed with the song "Unstoppable" by Unearth at the moment. I'm not quite sure why though....I guess it's probably the guitar solo's. Those are really cool....^^.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[COLOR="Navy"]Icky Thump is a really good song, I absolutely love it. The female member is beautiful too. He plays really well on that guitar.

I've alos fallen in love witht eh song 'Bird & the Worm' by the Used. The video is creepy and the music is beyond great. [/COLOR]

[COLOR="DarkRed"][B]Icky thump[/B] sounded good enough to me to make me blindly buy the album. Nice video and I loved the messages like "who's using who? What should we do? Well you can't be a pimp and a prostitute too" and "Great Wall of Mexico". I heard the album was suppose to be as good as [B]Elephant[/B], which now I kind of don't agree with. My regrets, I really only like the songs [B]Icky Thump[/B], [B]I'm Slowly Turning into You[/B], and [B]Catch Hell Blues[/B]. The rest of the album I though was either just ok or oddly annoyed me.[/COLOR]

[color=darkred][size=1]

[b]Get Buck[/b] by Young Buck. He saved his soul in my eyes with that song, because before it, I couldn't stand him at all. I suppose he's come out of his shell. So dancey while still maintaining a hard, masculine rythmn.[/color][/size]