OtakuBoards

If you only had one more day to live?

Guest NIKI12345

Guest NIKI12345
[I]Well have you ever wondered what you would do if you were told you only had one more day to live? I do.

If it was me I would spend my last day with my family and friends. I would do everything I wanted like making a CD and writing my last words to everybody. I would also try and learn the language Turkish or Japanese. It might sound boring to you, but that?s what I would do.

List at least 3 things you would do on your last day, but if you have more don?t stop there keep going.[/I] :animeswea

Guest NIKI12345
Yeah I would do anything, but remind myself that I had one more day left. If it was my brother he would be like forget family I?m going to play video games. That?s just the way he is. My brother would trade all of us in for video games. Well to get back to the point that is what he would do. Maybe he might say bye to all of us, but other than that he would not have a care in he world!! :D :D

[QUOTE=NIKI12345][I]Well have you ever wondered what you would do if you were told you only had one more day to live? I do.

If it was me I would spend my last day with my family and friends. I would do everything I wanted like making a CD and writing my last words to everybody. I would also try and learn the language Turkish or Japanese. It might sound boring to you, but that?s what I would do.

List at least 3 things you would do on your last day, but if you have more don?t stop there keep going.[/I] :animeswea[/QUOTE]
[COLOR=Blue]The first thing I would do is not tell anyone that I only have 1 more day to live. I don't want to see my family and friends cry.
Then I'll do my best to finish reading all my books and comic books piled up in my room, since it would be my last chance to read them...
I'll write a letter to everyone and say good bye.
The last thing I would do is to teach you Turkish and Japanese (since I'm half Turkish and half Japanese... What a coincidence!)
And... yeah... That's how I'll spend the day.[/COLOR]

Why not live every day like its your last?

I would probably call my friend and tell then that I would be leaving, (NightmareVC - even if they didn't remember me) then I would (I know this sounds stupid) let you guys know that I going to die.

I don't have anything I want to finish really. All I wanted to do I did. I just do things that come my way and come in my mind. Its really easy to live like this. I would probably tell my family that I'm leaving, I know that they would take it easy. Just because they know I wouldn't want them to be sad.

I guess whatever came into my head I would do. I would try to do something to take all of my time, so that I can't think about it. I would tell everyone I loved that I wish them luck on this world.

Dae

[quote name='Hanabishi Recca']Why not live every day like its your last?[/quote][color=#4B0082]That's a nice sentiment but it doesn't actually work in practice. Who would bother going to work/school on the last day of their life?

Anyway, first things first: I would beat Zelda: Twilight Princess since I've been going slow and I still have the final dungeon to complete. There's no way I'm going out with a Zelda game incomplete. If I left that undone I'd probably have to come back and haunt something out of spite.

Second, I'd visit OB one last time to resign from my position. Disappearing without any notice whatsoever to leave people wondering is just rude. Though whether or not I would tell people that I was going to die would probably depend on my mood. Most likely, though, I wouldn't want to upset people.

Third, I think I'd relax with a cup of coffee, reflect on things, and generally just screw around. I imagine that when you know you only have a day to live a lot of stuff would seem rather pointless. Most likely I would just do whatever seemed to be most enjoyable at the time. Then I'd fade away and wouldn't care anymore.[/color]

Guest NIKI12345
[QUOTE=Raina][COLOR=Blue]The first thing I would do is not tell anyone that I only have 1 more day to live. I don't want to see my family and friends cry.
Then I'll do my best to finish reading all my books and comic books piled up in my room, since it would be my last chance to read them...
I'll write a letter to everyone and say good bye.
The last thing I would do is to teach you Turkish and Japanese (since I'm half Turkish and half Japanese... What a coincidence!)
And... yeah... That's how I'll spend the day.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Man it?s a small world after all. Who would have guessed that I would meet someone part Turkish. Well since you?re here I would let you teach me Turkish and Japanese. :D

[quote name='NIKI12345']Man it?s a small world after all.[/quote]
[COLOR=Red][SIZE=1]
[FONT=Tahoma]
Small world... or big internet? ;)

Anyway, so one day to live, huh? Well, I would accomplish everything I would have wanted to accomplish in my lifetime.
I would kiss the guy I like and tell him that I like him. What an experience that would be.
Then I would probably do something music-related. I really have no idea what.
Then, of course, I would write to all my good friends and leave my good-byes.
At the very end of my day, I would probably try some wine. Yes, I'm underage... but I've always wanted to try it.
I would die praising Jesus.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Desbreko][color=#4B0082]That's a nice sentiment but it doesn't actually work in practice. Who would bother going to work/school on the last day of their life?
[/color][/QUOTE]

Remember now, you can do your daily work and still live like its your last, ya?

You can always live likes it your last, for example, you can always be happy or try to make up with people quickly. Because you know, there is no telling when you or anyone else is going to die. We could go anytime.

I mean, it works for me. I always think about it. What if this was my last day? Would I go and have fun or sit here and be depressed? Its easy to tell which one I would pick. Basically, I think that its easy to not become depressed. All you have to do is stay happy. Of course other people have other ways of being happy and expressing it. I don't always sound happy, but its probably because I'm tierd. *laughs*

Dae

If I had one more day to live I would try to live it, I mean not going wild and stuff. I would spend it with all my cousins and my family and my cousins´ kids, they call me Auntie. I would also try to gather up all of my friends and try to give them good advise on their troubles and stuff. :catgirl:

[COLOR=Sienna]Probably cry.

Yea, crying sounds about right. Then I'd lock myself in the room with the least number of sharp objects and tape my eyes open so I don't fall asleep... and probably cry. I might do something cool with my body before I die, like that **** from the Da Vinci Code, keep the police on their toes.

Oh yea, and I'd burn/delete all my freaky assorted erotica too... maybe one last go-around, and then die screaming and sobbing.

Dignified.[/COLOR]

[SIZE=1] I would travel back to Japan, take my friends [and family] with me ,while on the plane ride from the states to Nippon, I would confess how I feel about certain people, and get things off my mind and probably read the rest of [U][B]The Da Vinci Code[/U][/B] once we land in Tokyo, we'd go shop and hang out, later that night we'd head out to a sushi bar and eat, then after that we'd head out to the club and dance til I hit the floor dead.[/SIZE]

[COLOR=DarkOrange]One day left to live? I'd do everything I'd been too scared to do before.

- Probably kill somebody in a horriffic way (then cry for a while)
- Have sex with someone (probably multiple times so that my last isn't my worst, heh)
- Begin yelling at everyone on the street about how blind/ignorant they are
- Jump in a lake
- Scale a wall
- Jump off the roof of my house
- Drive (and likely crash into something)

And some stuff for myself...

- Eat a freaking ton of chili-cheese dogs
- Enter an eating contest (preferredly for chili-cheese dogs)
- Beat the crap out of my computer with a slegehammer
- Beat the crap out of my PS2 with a sledgehammer
- Beat the crap out of various other things with a sledgehammer

[B]Ah, who am I kidding, this is what would really happen:[/B]

What? I'm gunna die?! *imagines self doing beforementioned things* ... "hey dad, lets go get some chili dogs" *eats several chili dogs* "hey mom, can i smash the PS2?"

"why, so we'll have to by another one? No! Your funeral's gunna cost enough already."

*is disappointed* *eats several more chili dogs* ... *plays Phantasy Star Online with brothers, chili dogs, and a few bottles of Mountain Dew till I croak*[/COLOR]

Only one day to live? I?d do what I always do, spend so many hours practicing the Cello, because I love to play it, and then spend time with my friends like I always do. About the only thing I would do different is I?d leave all my homework unfinished. After all I wouldn?t be around to turn it in the next day anyway.

Oh and I?d make sure my family and special friends know how much I care for them.

[QUOTE=Hanabishi Recca]Remember now, you can do your daily work and still live like its your last, ya?

You can always live likes it your last, for example, you can always be happy or try to make up with people quickly. Because you know, there is no telling when you or anyone else is going to die. We could go anytime.

I mean, it works for me. I always think about it. What if this was my last day? Would I go and have fun or sit here and be depressed? Its easy to tell which one I would pick. Basically, I think that its easy to not become depressed. All you have to do is stay happy. Of course other people have other ways of being happy and expressing it. I don't always sound happy, but its probably because I'm tierd. *laughs*

Dae[/QUOTE][color=#4B0082]Yeah, I know what you mean. But the expression, "live every day like it's your last," really isn't an accurate desciption of what you're talking about. There's a big difference between simply not putting things off and actually living like you're going to die tomorrow. When you don't put things off you still care about what's going to happen in the future, but if you truly expect to die within a day anything that will happen in the future is irrelevant, which changes your priorities and thus your behavior. I've never liked the expression because of that.[/color]

[quote name='Desbreko][color=#4B0082']Yeah, I know what you mean. But the expression, "live every day like it's your last," really isn't an accurate desciption of what you're talking about. There's a big difference between simply not putting things off and actually living like you're going to die tomorrow. When you don't put things off you still care about what's going to happen in the future, but if you truly expect to die within a day anything that will happen in the future is irrelevant, which changes your priorities and thus your behavior. I've never liked the expression because of that.[/color][/quote]

*laughs*

I sure wouldn't do some of the things I do if it was my last day, so you're correct.
I wouldn't play video games that day, I would try to do stuff with my family and have fun. Now, if they wanted to play games (in which they probably would) then I would.

When I say, " live everyday likes its your last" I mean try to enjoy everything. Because you might not have another chance to do it. I know some people out there have that problem. I suppose that if it was my last day (and saying I actually had something to do like a job or school) then I wouldn't do them. Because what is knowing math going to do in the after life? *laughs again*

[COLOR=RoyalBlue]I agree with Rachmaninoff, I?d have fun and skip anything like homework or going to my job. Des has the right attitude as well, your last day to live just isn?t the same as the idea of living each day to the fullest since the whole concept behind living each day to the best is that you don?t know [I]which [/I]day is going to be your last.

If you know this is your last day, there?s a lot of annoying things you are required to do like basic work, being nice to people you don?t like, etc. Things like that would most definitely not be on my list of what I would do for that day.

I?d resign from here and then go and have fun until my time was up. I might tell my family, or just leave them a note that I love them or some other sentimental nonsense like that. ^_~[/COLOR]

I would definitely spend the day with my husband. I would probably record a video of myself saying goodbyes to my friends and family and such. I wouldn't go out and do anything crazy or try to cram in some wild trips or extreme sports. I'd just hang with my hubby, drink coffee and eat a huge pile of chocolate.

Honestly, I could list a million things I "wish" could do. You're not going to learn how to do some new, great talent or hang out with some superstar out of nowhere, though. To be more realistic, I probably wouldn't do much of anything differently from what I usually do.

I'm pretty happy with my day-to-day life, personally. I love my girlfriend, I don't hate my job and I have a good time. Whether that lasts another ten minutes or another sixty years, whatever. Obviously I'd rather it lasted a long time, though lol.

Assuming I had all my affairs in order, I would first try to write thank-you letters to each of my teachers. By "teachers" I don't just mean "someone who led a class I was in," but also parents, friends, favorite authors, and in general all those who let me learn who I was (something still in progress).

After I was done with writing thanks, I think I would try to say something about death. I've always admiref the old Japanese tradition of the death poem, although for many reasons I don't understand it and can only appreciate the thinking it springs from on a very superficial level (if I could see what a cherry tree was - and I don't - I think I would have the basic gist of Japanese poetry). I'm not a poet, and I never will be. Nevertheless it seems important to me that on my last day I should write something about death, entirely dispensing (hopefully) with the superficial and sentimental in favor of merely saying whatever needs to be said in an honest (in the widest sense) and simple way. I don't know what this is yet, this something that needs saying; hopefully by the last day I will have learned.

If I had any time left, I think I would simply read, listen attentively to a few pieces of music, and think. Oddly, I don't think I would want to spend it with others unless they would be willing to help me with my last tasks - I think they would try too much to tell me goodbye and end up tying themselves into knots in the process. Everyone else will have plenty of time to say goodbye - I, on the other hand, only have this one day for it. I honestly think it would require every bit of concentration I have to die in an attentive, thoughtful, meaningful way, and I think I could only do that in quiet and solitude.

[COLOR=Red]If it were my last day to live, well first of all I?d [spoiler]steal an online kiss from Des since I've wanted to do that for a long time![/spoiler] :p Then I?d resign and then wander off to do things with friends or just watch a movie or play video games so my dog can just curl up on my lap like she always does.

I?d try to not be depressed, but I don?t know if I would actually manage it. Also, I?d skip my homework too. The fun part is seeing what grade you got, so if I?m not going to be around to see it, then why bother? [/COLOR]

Guest DaMangaBoy06
[QUOTE=NIKI12345][I]Well have you ever wondered what you would do if you were told you only had one more day to live? I do.

List at least 3 things you would do on your last day, but if you have more don?t stop there keep going.[/I] :animeswea[/QUOTE]

I would have a party with all my friends and family. Then I would go see the girl that I care about the most and tell her how I feel about her and spend some time with her. I'd want 2 go visit japan, then go see my fathers grave. Finally I would say my last goodbyes and prepare for the next chapter in my life, death.

DaMangaboi06... :animesmil

I'd be with my family and friends of course. I would also have like a video recording of myself for everyone so they could know everything I could tell and couldn't tell them during my life. I would also do something funny like I always do just in case if they're feeling sad that I'm gone. I'd probly put on this big show for everyone to remember me bye and give them all of my stuff and more importantly show how much they all mean to me, but I wouldn't show that I was sad. I never show I'm sad because then they would be too and I would like my last day to be happy for their sakes, not just mine.